PDA

View Full Version : On the eve of the Big 12 mens tournament.....

Sooner24
3/8/2007, 01:07 AM
what is your favorite OU basketball tournament moment?

Mine would have to be 1990 when we ran Kansas off the floor 95-77. Their fans where stunned. I loved it. :D

Second would probably be 2002 when KU was ranked number 1 and we beat them 64-55. The only thing that spoiled that day was getting a ticket, for failure to yield to on coming traffic, two hours before the game down by Kemper. The only thing was there was no oncoming traffic. #@%^%$#@# KC cop. :mad:

tommieharris91
3/8/2007, 01:15 AM
I'm only a recent OU basketball fan, so mine's fairly recent.

I loved the time watching OU go to UConn in 2002 and beating them. It was a great game, and I remember saying "That Okafor freshman guy for UConn is gonna be good."

A kind of related question: What if OU had beaten KU for the championship in 1988? How would OU fans be in regards to basketball? Where would the program be today?

Sooner24
3/8/2007, 01:17 AM
I'm only a recent OU basketball fan, so mine's fairly recent.

I loved the time watching OU go to UConn in 2002 and beating them. It was a great game, and I remember saying "That Okafor freshman guy for UConn is gonna be good."

A kind of related question: What if OU had beaten KU for the championship in 1988? How would OU fans be in regards to basketball? Where would the program be today?

Sadly, not one bit different IMO.

LittleWingSooner
3/8/2007, 01:29 AM
The UConn game was a regular season game.

Big 12 Tourney beating Texas after being down by 10 at the half. Beating Kansas. I believe Brown got hurt that game or else it would have been a blowout.

Killing Kansas in 1990.

NCAA Tourney

Beating Arizona, that's just one of my favorite games in Sooner history. I also liked killing a more talented Arizona team a few years later. We made them look like elementary school kids.

Despite us losing the game the 88 game was a great game. There were some great games going into that championship game. Arizona and Lousville. This was the first tourney I can remember as an OU fan. Since then there have been 2 tournaments we've made runs in. 3 if you count the Sweet 16 year.

tommieharris91
3/8/2007, 01:56 AM
The UConn game was a regular season game.

Big 12 Tourney beating Texas after being down by 10 at the half. Beating Kansas. I believe Brown got hurt that game or else it would have been a blowout.

Killing Kansas in 1990.

NCAA Tourney

Beating Arizona, that's just one of my favorite games in Sooner history. I also liked killing a more talented Arizona team a few years later. We made them look like elementary school kids.

Despite us losing the game the 88 game was a great game. There were some great games going into that championship game. Arizona and Lousville. This was the first tourney I can remember as an OU fan. Since then there have been 2 tournaments we've made runs in. 3 if you count the Sweet 16 year.

I kinda missed the word tournament. Oh well. 2002 was probably one that got away as well. Indiana wasn't super impressive, it was just that Hollis Price had a bad game. We had wins over both of the other teams in that Final Four as well.

The gals made the championship game that year, too. I didn't hold out much hope for them against UConn, though.

tommieharris91
3/8/2007, 01:58 AM
Sadly, not one bit different IMO.

I actually disagree. I think Tubbs would have had good crowds from then on. Sampson would have probably had sellouts for every conference game, as long as OU was decent enough to make the tourney.

LittleWingSooner
3/8/2007, 09:59 AM
I doubt it would be much different because Tubbs style eventually ran it's course. With the officiating you see today you won't see teams average 100+ a lot anymore.

SoonerStormchaser
3/8/2007, 11:09 AM
I'm still ****ed about that Indiana game in 2002...that Coverdale prick for the Hoosiers got away with so many fouls it's not even funny!

the_ouskull
3/8/2007, 05:36 PM
I think that, if we'd have won it all back in 1988, that our fans would be VASTLY different.

They'd be even worse. They'd be like football fans, 'cause that's when most of them started being football fans anyway... and then they disappeared for the 90's... expecting a National Championship every year, and they'd stop showing up as soon as we lost our first game, ESPECIALLY if it was a home game.

the_ouskull