PDA

View Full Version : Doors: Peace Frog

King Crimson
3/7/2007, 10:27 PM
here's a cheap thrill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbxIWBITQ6A

french army resets in 3,2,1,....

Robbie Kreiger plays his *** off in this one.

tbl
3/7/2007, 10:57 PM
Actually, I think the dude really going off in that song is Densmore. I play guitar and drums and that little drum beat he's got going is pretty tough to keep up with. Then again, he's a jazz man so a lot of his stuff is tricked up more than your standard rock stuff.

sooneron
3/7/2007, 11:14 PM
Great track. I have always loved Peace Frog.

Blood in the streets in the town of Chicago...

King Crimson
3/7/2007, 11:16 PM
Actually, I think the dude really going off in that song is Densmore. I play guitar and drums and that little drum beat he's got going is pretty tough to keep up with. Then again, he's a jazz man so a lot of his stuff is tricked up more than your standard rock stuff.

that's cool.

King Crimson
3/7/2007, 11:21 PM
that and WASP on LA Woman are their best cuts. I'm also partial to Cars Pass by Window on LA Woman. that's a straight rip off of a Muddy Water acoustic record that is hard to find with Willie Dixon playing standup bass and an 19 year old Buddy guy playing guitar.

I wanna tell you about texas radio and the big beat.

sooneron
3/7/2007, 11:24 PM
People don't give the later Doors albums enough cred. There were some great tunes on those. Although, Soft Parade was a stinker.

King Crimson
3/7/2007, 11:30 PM
Soft Parade is a stinker. you want to see something bad. youtube search velvet revolver doing roadhouse blues.

sooneron
3/7/2007, 11:43 PM
Ugh, I want the 25 seconds that I was able to stomach that back! Someone get Weiland a sandwich.

King Crimson
3/8/2007, 04:44 AM
i think LA Woman is a great record. maybe the best, minus the first self-titled one possibly. Morrison Hotel in a respectable 3rd.

Changeling is a great opener....

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2007, 06:47 AM
The Doors RMFO.

3/8/2007, 06:53 AM
Ugh, I want the 25 seconds that I was able to stomach that back! Someone get Weiland a sandwich.

Listen, real poetry doesn't say anything; it just ticks off the possibilities. Opens all doors. You can walk through anyone that suits you.