PDA

View Full Version : hockey game attender ****** *******s

jk the sooner fan
3/7/2007, 05:06 PM
ok so jk3 is coming down for spring break next week....and i've yet to attend a dallas stars game........and he'd like to attend one

i have no idea what good seats are and what bad ones are.....i'm figuring being on the first level, as close to the ice as possible is best.......but what about end zone seats? bad? good?

Frozen Sooner
3/7/2007, 05:10 PM
;) End zone. :D

"As close to the ice as possible" is a bad place to watch a hockey game, unless you just want to give people an earful through the ice. Really hard to actually watch the action from there. Get up a bit-like 10 or 15 rows-and you'll see much more of the game.

Behind a goal can be a good sightline because it can be cool to see how a team rushes from behind. It's also a good place to watch teams set up their offensive zone plays.

I generally prefer between the blue lines and up about 15-20 rows.

colleyvillesooner
3/7/2007, 05:11 PM
I sat even with one of the goals on about the 10th row one time. It was awesome on our end, but you have no idea what's going on at the other end.

I don't go much either, but to me, you want seats just like you want seats at a football game, except endzone aren't as bad, because it could come back your way in 4 seconds.

Dio
3/7/2007, 05:15 PM
If you get tickets in one of the ends, get the side Dallas attacks twice- 2 periods of getting on the other team's goalie instead of one. And if you're in the end, you're better off sitting behind the goalie instead of to his side- you'll lose some of the action in the opposite corners if you're in the corner.

jk the sooner fan
3/7/2007, 05:20 PM
so the 2d level might be good then

jk the sooner fan
3/7/2007, 05:30 PM
ok i got seats on the platinum level in the corner....

Phil
3/7/2007, 05:30 PM
I always like to sit in the home end, as recommended by Dio, in the upper level in a corner. You can see everything from up there. Close to the ice is waay overrated, IMHO.

jk the sooner fan
3/7/2007, 05:31 PM
I always like to sit in the home end, as recommended by Dio, in the upper level in a corner. You can see everything from up there. Close to the ice is waay overrated, IMHO.

i did just that! thanks for all the advice...... :)

Dio
3/7/2007, 05:34 PM
Who are they playing, jk?

jk the sooner fan
3/7/2007, 05:35 PM
the flyers - next tuesday nite

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/7/2007, 05:39 PM
I have hockey season tickets and here is a good rule of thumb...if you want to sit on the side of the rink, go high so you can see all of the ice. The lower you go, the less you see because of the glass. If you sit in the end zones, you can see everything and it is cool to sit low. I do recommned about 15-20 rows up though for best viewing.

Dio
3/7/2007, 06:01 PM
the flyers - next tuesday nite

Would have been the return of Ken Hitchcock, if they hadn't canned him.

Anybody know if Derian Hatcher's getting any minutes for them?

Scott D
3/7/2007, 06:03 PM
I've sat at pretty most every angle. The one I preferred the most was about 6-8 rows up in the upper bowl behind the home bench (mind you I'm referring to in Detroit). I had a much better view than I did when i was in the nose bleeds (4 rows from top in corner, and down low (4 rows back in the corner at the 'home' end for goalie positioning.

It was more exciting down low, but in terms of wanting to see everything, a few rows up in the upper bowl is top notch.

colleyvillesooner
3/7/2007, 06:35 PM
ok i got seats on the platinum level in the corner....

Those will be good seats, plus in the platinun level...full bar!

And, JK, if this isn't golfing weather, I don't know what is. Cmon time change!

jk the sooner fan
3/7/2007, 06:36 PM
dude, i'm ready

BajaOklahoma
3/7/2007, 07:39 PM
We just saw them play the Canadians. Boring until the last minute.
I like afternoon games though - lunch in the West End, less drunks that early.

Have a great time.

SoonerStormchaser
3/7/2007, 08:31 PM
All three games I've been to this season (LA Kings in Oct, Ducks and Avs last month), I've sat in the nosebleed section. Cheap, but incredibly good view of the ice!