PDA

View Full Version : BIG happenings at the golf club today.

fadada1
3/7/2007, 02:56 PM
i'm only slightly upset that i won't be around to see the aftermath (2 more days here before i go to my new job).

my boss, the membership director, and club pres. are meeting with the owner today. IT'S ON!!!! they've been doing their homework for about 2 weeks now. i suspected something was up. they've been checking billing, hours, etc.. of the other department. let's just say this is the key that will open the door to everything else.

in a nutshell: proper billing of members has been "off" compared to reality, hours worked has been severely off from reality, theft of more alcohol than you can imagine (37% off for the year), a host of different drugs being used on the property (confirmed), allegations (confirmed) of "inappropriate" relationships between staff and members, after hours parties with members, bad food, and in general... complete incompetence.

it's really a shame that its come to this, but it will be for the good of the facility. i only hope my boss has a job tomorrow. for the record, i couldn't have asked for a better person to work for. the amount of freedom/responsibility he gave me was unbelievable. unfortunately, he has reached critical mass and needs to vent. and it's justified.

my boss wants me to write a letter to the owner about my experience here the past 2 years. should be fun.

Taxman71
3/7/2007, 04:07 PM
Please tell me one of those inappropriate relationships involved Lacy Underall and Ty Webb.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/7/2007, 05:18 PM
Everything mentioned was going on at the golf course I worked at...Huh, small world

C&CDean
3/7/2007, 05:20 PM
Are you going to get a real job now?

Turd_Ferguson
3/7/2007, 07:19 PM
Do you work at Brookside?

sooner_born_1960
3/7/2007, 07:24 PM
I'm going to put it right on the line. There's been a lot of complaints already. Fooling around on the course, bad language, smoking grass, poor caddying. If you guys want to get fired. If you want to be replaced by golf carts, just keep it up.

Newbomb Turk
3/7/2007, 08:00 PM
Do you work at Brookside?

Bushwood I think.

SleestakSooner
3/7/2007, 08:06 PM
Ummm I for one would like to know where you work, I am pretty sure I don't want to eat there but might want to do some drinking there... in the employee break room!

LilSooner
3/7/2007, 09:18 PM
Sounds pretty much like every other country club that I've been two and worked at. There is one in Abilene (there are actually two) that the summer I worked there the rats were so bad you could hear them in the main dining room scampering across the ceiling during services. They guys in the kitchen one sunday brunch got creative and made a jello rat. All the members thought the jello bunny was so cute.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/8/2007, 12:01 AM
theft of more alcohol than you can imagine (37% off for the year), a host of different drugs being used on the property (confirmed), allegations (confirmed) of "inappropriate" relationships between staff and members, after hours parties with members, bad food, and in general... complete incompetence.

If that is incompetence, I don't want to be competent! :D

SoonerTerry
3/8/2007, 03:10 AM
Evidently caddy shack insn't just a movie... but a way of life.

fadada1
3/8/2007, 09:23 AM
i'm going to get the update (in about 5 minutes) about what happened in the meeting yesterday. my boss gave me a call after the meeting, and seemed in pretty good spirits... considering he put his job on the line.

needless to say, because of my position here, and my leaving in 2 days, the BIG BOSS (owner) wants to chat with me as well. i'll do that in a few hours. should be an interesting conversation. i have a feeling some people have already been "thrown under the bus"... what i have to say might just be interpreted as "backing back over them."

TheHumanAlphabet
3/8/2007, 11:05 AM
So who's doing the bad deeds, the owner, some members and/or some employees?

fadada1
3/8/2007, 11:47 AM
So who's doing the bad deeds, the owner, some members and/or some employees?
apparently the owner had some knowledge of the goings on here. but according to my boss, he was very suprised at some of the things going on - especially the drugs.

pretty much everything is with the GM and the food and beverage staff.

my meeting is at 1. fun, fun.

OU4LIFE
3/8/2007, 11:56 AM
tee it high, and let it fly.

colleyvillesooner
3/8/2007, 11:58 AM
YWhen you're in there, just think, "what will get the best reaction for the best story for the board." :D

fadada1
3/8/2007, 11:59 AM
heh. i'm leaving shortly. reports to come.

1stTimeCaller
3/8/2007, 12:00 PM
6 iron, 185 out. there I was...

ultimatesooner1
3/8/2007, 12:01 PM
theft of more alcohol than you can imagine (37% off for the year), a host of different drugs being used on the property (confirmed), allegations (confirmed) of "inappropriate" relationships between staff and members, after hours parties with members

I thought this was pretty standard at any golf course.

OU4LIFE
3/8/2007, 12:02 PM
6 iron, 185 out. there I was...

all eyes on me.....

pure butter.

fadada1
3/8/2007, 04:12 PM
that was fun. i gotta get out here for the day. i'll give a full report tomorrow.

let's just say that my boss tossed the folks under the bus... i parked it on top of them.

colleyvillesooner
3/8/2007, 05:31 PM
yes!

fadada1
3/9/2007, 09:29 AM
well, reporting in for the day... my last day here at this club (not a result of yesterday's meeting). start at my new club on tuesday in rochester.

anyway, i think the owner would've been "floored" had it not been for his meeting with my boss the previous evening. that being said, he was still somewhat shocked because everything was reinforced from the previous day. i think he is greatly disappointed in the people that he hired to run this facility, and as he said, "it sounds like i made a big mistake. sometimes that happens and this will get resolved."

i couldn't have been more candid, nor could he have. i don't like to do that to people, because their jobs are in serious jeopardy (meaning, they will be fired). however, there are also a number of people's reputations on the line because of the foolish actions of several others. and for that, because they know what they are doing wrong, i feel no remorse.

i don't think he was aware of the drug problem, alleged fraternization with members (secs), compliants about sexual harrassment, not showing up for work, apologizing for the GM day in and day out, BLATENT drinking on the job, answering questions about service and quality of food, and general lack of competence..... i could go on and on.

as i told him, what upsets me almost more than anything, is the reputation of the management of the club is getting out in the area. people love the course, but know it's managed like a circus. and sooner or later, that will reflect on my boss. people don't think about the GM when they talk about a golf course, they talk about the head pro. we've got 2 of the best clubs in the world within 30 miles. we're not asking to be them, but we can be one of the top 5 "best of the rest".

colleyvillesooner
3/9/2007, 10:05 AM
heh,

http://images.amazon.com/media/imdb/01/I/95/60/09s.jpg

I've made a huge mistake.

TMcGee86
3/9/2007, 05:53 PM
Sounds pretty much like every other country club that I've been two and worked at. There is one in Abilene (there are actually two) that the summer I worked there the rats were so bad you could hear them in the main dining room scampering across the ceiling during services. They guys in the kitchen one sunday brunch got creative and made a jello rat. All the members thought the jello bunny was so cute.

ACC or Fairway?