PDA

View Full Version : REALLY early bowl predictions

Sooner in Tampa
3/7/2007, 11:30 AM
Since it is the offseason, the only thing to do is speculate...and this dude needs to step away from the pipe. He is of course all over the SUC bandwagon that will be in full effect next year...but he has them playing UCLA in the BCS Title Game. :confused:

He did have one pretty funny one liner though.

Texas vs. West Virginia Texas will be deep in the hunt for the national title all season long, but a second dream season in three years could be derailed at Texas A&M in the final game of the regular season or at Oklahoma State in early November. Of course, Oklahoma could have plans for the Longhorns on Oct. 6. Even so, Mack Brown should have the league's best team (then again, that hasn't meant much in the past).

Linky (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6528604)

OSUAggie
3/7/2007, 12:39 PM
looks like he has them playing LSU...

Sooner in Tampa
3/7/2007, 12:46 PM
looks like he has them playing LSU...Your right...I got the Wisconsin v UCLA game mixed up.
That's just as bad...:les: will be out of control

OUTrumpet
3/7/2007, 12:49 PM
LSU in the championship, with Florida in the Sugar Bowl?

Didn't both teams lose their qbs? I know Tim Tebow and the qb draw will still be at UF, but what else did these teams lose?

And didn't Wisconsin lose a lot too? Texas loses 3 all-American caliber players on the o-line.

illinisooner
3/7/2007, 02:05 PM

Didn't both teams lose their qbs? I know Tim Tebow and the qb draw will still be at UF, but what else did these teams lose?

And didn't Wisconsin lose a lot too? Texas loses 3 all-American caliber players on the o-line.

Actually, Wisconsin returns (IIRC) 19 starters...but the two they lose are John "I've been in college forever" Stocco, and all world tackle Joe Thomas. But the Badgers always seem to put together a good line, and new QB Tyler Donovan proved he was pretty good last year. I don't know what their schedule is, but if they have to play OSU and Michigan away from Camp Randall, this is the year since both are kind of reloading.

OSUAggie
3/7/2007, 05:00 PM

LSU and UF are still loaded. Lester has a more proven QB, but Urban's boy has a better upside in that system. It just depends on which team (if either) can have their players step up and take a leadership role, but the horses are definitely there.

Texas' o-line was soft, from what I hear, so there shouldn't be much of a problem replacing those 3. Wisky will be Wisky.

BASSooner
3/8/2007, 01:01 PM
LSU and UF are still loaded. Lester has a more proven QB, but Urban's boy has a better upside in that system. It just depends on which team (if either) can have their players step up and take a leadership role, but the horses are definitely there.

Texas' o-line was soft, from what I hear, so there shouldn't be much of a problem replacing those 3. Wisky will be Wisky.
Texas also loses the entire secondary but one and they were terrrriiibbbllleee as a whole.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/8/2007, 01:14 PM
Tebow better be tough as nails as much as he runs otherwise he is going to be injured most of the time

Sooner in Tampa
3/8/2007, 01:25 PM
Texas also loses the entire secondary but one and they were terrrriiibbbllleee as a whole.According to some dork on "The Herd" this morning UT is loaded...Colt is back :rolleyes:

UT will go 9-0 and the toughest game for them is aTm. Because "Oklahoma is rebuilding at QB" :rolleyes:

BASSooner
3/8/2007, 02:00 PM
Colt isn't bad but I gave most of the credit to his line last season. He is going to get killed due to his injury. Oh and yeah didn't we still beat texas when Heupel left? I'm pretty sure we did:rolleyes:

goingoneight
3/8/2007, 09:14 PM
That's sickening. Seriously... Fran gets lucky and wins a game in Asstin when Mack's QB gets hurt... and all of a sudden he's the only one to beat Texas? And where the hell does OSU come from? Do they not remember what Mack's done in the Stoolwater?

Nevermind the fact that Bob Stoops and Oklahoma still OWN Texas, and are reigning BIG 12 Champs. Nevermind that Nebraska solved their missing QB situation before the start of the 2006 season. And don't give me the quarterback excuse for OU not being able to win the RRS. That's been a non-factor ever since 2000 for OU/TX. Even when great QB's have goen into Dallas, their surrounding cast has been the deciding factor in the winning team.

Boone Pickens must have been holding a gun to this guy's head when he wrote the article. "Oklahoma MIGHT have a plan..." :rolleyes:

poke4christ
3/9/2007, 12:07 AM
I'm gonna say 8-4 for OSU and in either the Alamo or the Holiday Bowl.

10-2 for OU with a trip to the Cotton.

goingoneight
3/9/2007, 12:23 AM
I'm gonna say 8-4 for OSU and in either the Alamo or the Holiday Bowl.

10-2 for OU with a trip to the Cotton.

That sounds reasonable, but damn... I'd like to get over those two losses. Hey, we knocked two off the list in 2005 to 2006. IT'S A SIGN!!! :D

CrimsonChampion
3/9/2007, 02:09 PM
Geez I hate offseason, all I hear from anti-OU people is how Texas is gonna romp us and how we'll be an average team. I try so hard to just stay quiet and wait for the real deal but it's so hard. This summer is gonna suck, I freakin live in Oklahoma but all my friends hate OU and do everything possible to talk us down. I promise you though, any anti-Sooner that comes in contact with me better hope we don't roll next season because I am the most proud OU son of a bitch alive and I will grind it into their heads until the kickoff of the season after that.

Luthor
3/9/2007, 02:26 PM

Yeah right. The Texas OL was just soft enough to stomp a mud hole in aggylite last year.

CrimsonChampion
3/9/2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah right. The Texas OL was just soft enough to stomp a mud hole in aggylite last year.

aggylite? osu or aTm? don't get it.... you're o-line was good last year, may be weak this year. Either way Big Mac McCoy and Demarcus home on the Granger are gonna own your line and your little Colt.

Luthor
3/9/2007, 04:31 PM
aggylite? osu or aTm? don't get it.... you're o-line was good last year, may be weak this year. Either way Big Mac McCoy and Demarcus home on the Granger are gonna own your line and your little Colt.

Aggylite=Okielite=OSU and we'll see about who owns the LOS come October in Dallas. Mack has successfully red or gray shirted 4 consecutive OL classes with the exception of just 2 players and McQuorter is arguably 1 of the top 3 OL coaches in the country. Our OL will be well prepared.

Shneeg11
3/12/2007, 06:11 AM
first of all, aTm is the AggIES, osu=aggy