PDA

View Full Version : What a messed up way to die

Jerk
3/6/2007, 09:00 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/3022648

TULSA — A worker died this morning in Tulsa when he got trapped in an industrial dryer that reaches temperatures of 300 degrees, a police spokesman said.

The 46-year-old man's name was not released pending family notification, Tulsa police officer Jason Willingham (http://www.newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Jason+Willingham&CATEGORY=PERSON) said. The man died at Cintas (http://www.newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Cintas+Corporation&CATEGORY=COMPANY) Uniform, 5940 S 129 East Ave.
Police believe the man got onto a conveyer belt that leads into the dryer about 9:30 a.m.,Willingham (http://www.newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Jason+Willingham&CATEGORY=PERSON) said. Another employee came into the room and heard banging coming from the dryer but thought it was a mechanical problem and called maintenance.
When maintenance arrived, they found the man, Willingham (http://www.newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Jason+Willingham&CATEGORY=PERSON) said. He was stuck inside at least 20 minutes. No foul play is suspected, Willingham said. He's been working at the company for 10 years.

slickdawg
3/6/2007, 09:35 PM
Man, that's terrible.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/6/2007, 09:40 PM
That sucks. Can't imagine dying that way.

C&CDean
3/6/2007, 09:55 PM
But for the grace of God, there go I...

In 1975 I stuck my thumb out on I-95 in Fayetteville, NC. I woke up 2 days later inside an industrial clothes dryer in Boston, MA. The last thing I remember was some dudes in a van going "dude, this is the best weed you've ever smoked." Pretty sure it was laced with PCP. It was Christmas Eve and was maybe 10 degrees outside. I surmised I was cold, popped a dime in the dryer (yeah hillbillies, it used to cost a dime to dry your clothes) and then crawled in to get warm. Good times indeed.

JohnnyMack
3/6/2007, 10:06 PM

In 1975 I stuck my thumb out on I-95 in Fayetteville, NC. I woke up 2 days later inside an industrial clothes dryer in Boston, MA. The last thing I remember was some dudes in a van going "dude, this is the best weed you've ever smoked." Pretty sure it was laced with PCP. It was Christmas Eve and was maybe 10 degrees outside. I surmised I was cold, popped a dime in the dryer (yeah hillbillies, it used to cost a dime to dry your clothes) and then crawled in to get warm. Good times indeed.

In 1975......I was born.

Thanks for the story Gramps.

C&CDean
3/6/2007, 10:08 PM
In 1975......I was born.

Yeah? Well I could be your daddy, boy. That is if'n your momma wasn't such a skank.

JohnnyMack
3/6/2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah? Well I could be your daddy, boy. That is if'n your momma wasn't such a skank.

You should take your well-travelled *** here for dinner:

http://damimmo.com/

C&CDean
3/6/2007, 10:16 PM
You should take your well-travelled *** here for dinner:

http://damimmo.com/

Dude, we ate there a month or two ago. ALLSOME. The veal was like buttah. Seriously. Tonight I had a chicken parmigiana sammich from the Olive Grove. Meh. Average, at best.

Oldnslo
3/6/2007, 10:18 PM
You spin me right 'round, Baby, right 'round...

C&CDean
3/6/2007, 10:21 PM
Why do I feel you're laughing at me, not with me?

Oldnslo
3/6/2007, 10:25 PM
Nothin' but love for you, Dean.

... did d00d come out all fluffy?

SoonerGirl06
3/6/2007, 10:25 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of "Tumbling Tumbleweed..."

Okla-homey
3/6/2007, 10:28 PM
Do not ask for whom the dryer rolls. It rolls for thee.

I bet they had to wash that whole load again too.

C&CDean
3/6/2007, 10:31 PM
Nothin' but love for you, Dean.

... did d00d come out all fluffy?

You think I'm joking. And no, "dOOd" did not come out fluffy. The dryer wasn't spinning when I woke up, but it was warm. I didn't have a clue where I was. I crawled out of the dryer, and there was a phone booth by the door (yeah, who remembers pay phones with the big ol' phone book held in place with the cable?). The only way I knew I was in Boston was because the phone book said something like "Greater Boston Area" and underneath it said "Quincy/Braintree/Weymouth/Worcester/South Boston."

The bus trip back to N.C. was a 2-day disaster that deserves it's own thread.

jk the sooner fan
3/7/2007, 12:06 AM
"i'd a been your daddy but the dog chased me over the fence"

soonerboomer93
3/7/2007, 12:13 AM
dean has some of the greatest stories

tommieharris91
3/7/2007, 01:06 AM
All this talk of "d00d", weed, acid flashbacks and Tumbling Tumbleweeds makes me wanna watch The Big Lebowski.

Thank you South Oval, and good night. :D

jacru
3/7/2007, 01:30 AM
You think I'm joking. And no, "dOOd" did not come out fluffy. The dryer wasn't spinning when I woke up, but it was warm. I didn't have a clue where I was. I crawled out of the dryer, and there was a phone booth by the door (yeah, who remembers pay phones with the big ol' phone book held in place with the cable?). The only way I knew I was in Boston was because the phone book said something like "Greater Boston Area" and underneath it said "Quincy/Braintree/Weymouth/Worcester/South Boston."

The bus trip back to N.C. was a 2-day disaster that deserves it's own thread.
Character comes from the hard times.

I hope I never attain that much character. ;)

batonrougesooner
3/7/2007, 02:11 AM

How did you start the dryer?

olevetonahill
3/7/2007, 03:37 AM
I aint saying shat ! :eek:

olevetonahill
3/7/2007, 03:38 AM
How did you start the dryer?
what the hell you think Friends are for ?

3/7/2007, 05:09 AM
PCP is a hellofa drug.

Deano, I don't think I've laughed out loud at a thread on here in at least a year. Gracias.

C&CDean
3/7/2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah, real life is always better than B.S.

And I don't have a clue how I started the dryer. Nary a clue. There wasn't another soul around; I mean who does their laundry on Christmas Eve?

OhU1
3/7/2007, 09:44 AM
Some guy at the Lawton Goodyear plant got rolled up in a tire tread bailing machine last year. They found his body literally rolled up into the circular shape of the giant cylinder. A Goodyear worker on that shift told me he was flat as a pancake. Freaky.

When I hear the words "industrial accident" I cringe. You don't want to see what happens when someone gets their hand or arm drawn into a meat grinder either.

BigRedJed
3/7/2007, 10:35 AM
But if you do want to see it, there's always Google!

yermom
3/7/2007, 10:36 AM
I aint saying shat ! :eek:

that was your weed wasn't it?

tommieharris91
3/7/2007, 10:38 AM
PCP is a hellofa drug.

Deano, I don't think I've laughed out loud at a thread on here in at least a year. Gracias.

I think you are looking for:

"...PCP, angel dust, ashy larry..."
"I'M WAYNE BRADY BITCH!!!"

jk the sooner fan
3/7/2007, 10:38 AM
When I hear the words "industrial accident" I cringe. You don't want to see what happens when someone gets their hand or arm drawn into a meat grinder either.

you should see what happens to the human body when squished between two M1 Abrams tanks..

Osce0la
3/7/2007, 11:11 AM
In 1975......I was born.

In 1975....my mom was still 15 and I was 8 years away from existance...

OhU1
3/7/2007, 11:23 AM
you should see what happens to the human body when squished between two M1 Abrams tanks..

Or when the human body is hit with a round from the .50 caliber machine gun fired from that tank. Whatever part of the body that gets hit just seems to explode.

jk the sooner fan
3/7/2007, 11:35 AM
Or when the human body is hit with a round from the .50 caliber machine gun fired from that tank. Whatever part of the body that gets hit just seems to explode.

yep, i've seen that too.....3 guard members at fort hood got shot up by a 50 cal on a tank.....they had been given the all clear signal from mopp 4.....so they popped up from behind the berm......the gunner in the tank was using the nods and hadnt heard the all clear/cease fire......so he wheeled around and killed all 3 "targets"

olevetonahill
3/7/2007, 01:29 PM
that was your weed wasn't it?
:cool: ;)

Dio
3/7/2007, 02:02 PM
Another employee came into the room and heard banging from the dryer but thought it was a mechanical problem.

You know that d00d feels like **** today.

3/7/2007, 09:00 PM
Not to sound ghey, buy doing some laundry with Dean sounds like a good time.

As long as there's a Whataburger nearby.

And maybe a hospital.

Or at least a Walgreens.

Czar Soonerov
3/7/2007, 09:23 PM
Not to sound ghey, buy doing some laundry with Dean sounds like a good time.

As long as there's a Whataburger nearby.

And maybe a hospital.

Or at least a Walgreens.

:dean:Don't forget to bring your chainsaw!

Jerk
3/7/2007, 09:34 PM
Dean...

I thought you were in Panama in 1975

3/8/2007, 04:50 AM
Don't look at me... I was in 3rd grade.

I think.