PDA

View Full Version : Speeding

royalfan5
3/6/2007, 01:36 PM
Do you follow the speed limit on a regular basis, or are you a scofflaw? I generally go slightly over the limit(3-5) and no more.

soonerbrat
3/6/2007, 01:38 PM
speed. racer.

yermom
3/6/2007, 01:40 PM
i plead the 5th on this one :O

i generally don't worry if i'm under 10 over though

jk the sooner fan
3/6/2007, 01:41 PM
highways or city streets?

OUDoc
3/6/2007, 01:42 PM
On the highway, I usually only go 10-15 over, that way yermom can keep up with me. :D

royalfan5
3/6/2007, 01:42 PM
highways or city streets?
highways. On city streets and/or freeways I just follow the prevailing flow of traffic.

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2007, 01:44 PM
I've always had a very very serious problem with speeding. I got arrested once because of my speeding. I was pulled over so often that the state of Oklahoma threatened to suspend my license for a year if I was pulled over for speeding within the period of 6 months (I think it was 6 months).

Thankfully I didn't but getting arrested was a real wake up call on my driving. Typically, unless I'm on the freeway in Dallas or something, I drive 5 over the speed limit and no more.

skycat
highways. On city streets and/or freeways I just follow the prevailing flow of traffic.

Pretty much "go with the flow" whereever I am. Although if on a highway everyone is going right at the speed limit, I'll ususally go ~5 over.

jk the sooner fan
i normally do about 9 over on the highways........if its out in the middle of nowhere, maybe 15

city streets i might do 5 over

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2007, 01:46 PM
Nobody ever got anywhere faster by going slower.

Boomer.....
3/6/2007, 01:49 PM
Usually 5-10 over, depending on the streets.

yermom
3/6/2007, 01:50 PM
I've always had a very very serious problem with speeding. I got arrested once because of my speeding. I was pulled over so often that the state of Oklahoma threatened to suspend my license for a year if I was pulled over for speeding within the period of 6 months (I think it was 6 months).

Thankfully I didn't but getting arrested was a real wake up call on my driving. Typically, unless I'm on the freeway in Dallas or something, I drive 5 over the speed limit and no more.

in Dallas 5 over is asking to die ;)

JK, on streets i generally don't pay much attention unless it's a school zone, but i typically try to stay under 10 over. usually other cars are slowing me down anyway

i don't speed at all in school zones

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2007, 01:51 PM

That's why I said unless I'm in the city such as Dallas. ;) In those cases I typically go with traffic although I'll get impatient and push it up a notch at times.

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 01:52 PM
i applaud the use of "scofflaw"

yermom
3/6/2007, 01:53 PM
heh, ok i missed the "unless"

Dallas highways are like the Autobahn or something

rufnek05
3/6/2007, 01:54 PM
i have a fuzz buster, so i speed, a lot. on the highway generally 15-25 over

Melo
3/6/2007, 01:54 PM
I speed. Everywhere. Unless I know its not a place to do so. 5 over if I know I can get stopped. Most anywhere around Katy, I'll be doing anywhere from 15-20 over. Highways, especially the hour long drive back to Chappell Hill.... Yea, I'm the stupid bitch doing 100 down the freeway.

That being said, Ive never been stopped, never given a ticket, never been in a wreck, etc. Ive been majorly speeding and passed cops before. Its amazing what a cute smile and a wave has accomplished.

:D

Edit: Of course, theres been the times with the bf that weve pushed his bike... speeding ='s 140 over the speed limit... HAHA!

soonerbrat
3/6/2007, 01:55 PM

JK, on streets i generally don't pay much attention unless it's a school zone, but i typically try to stay under 10 over. usually other cars are slowing me down anyway

in dallas i got out of a ticket after I made an illegal u-turn in the middle of the street when I was coming out of a bar...he didn't even look me up, just asked me if I had any tickets or warrants in oklahoma...i said "no" and then he told me to pay better attention, handed my license back to me and let me go on my merry way.

I can't decide if it was because I had fraternal order of police stuff on my car or because I was wearing a low-cut shirt...

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2007, 01:55 PM
heh, ok i missed the "unless"

Dallas highways are like the Autobahn or something

I used to get really white knuckled driving through there on my way to and from school. Driving through Dallas is a hell of a lot different than driving around FTG or even Tulsa.

I'm pretty used to it now though. In fact, I really learned how to drive in Texas more so than Oklahoma so I used to drive like I was in Dallas no matter where I was which is what led to all those speeding tickets.

Almost every single one of those tickets came on Highway 69 between McAlester and Durant.

Osce0la
3/6/2007, 01:56 PM
If I'm doing less than 10 over the speed limit I consider it going to slow. Hope that helps.

jk the sooner fan
3/6/2007, 02:04 PM

i drive in carrollton, farmers branch and addison - and they are very aggressive on speeding

olevetonahill
3/6/2007, 02:23 PM
In town Maybe 5 over . Interstate and turnpikes definitely 5 over , Short trips on the 2 lane roads the speed limit .
God gave me a cruise control, and I believe in using My God given Gifts .