PDA

View Full Version : The head butting osu player

MamaMia
3/6/2007, 01:19 PM
What punishment did he get? Did the NCAA do anything?

william_brasky
3/6/2007, 01:23 PM
1 game suspension.

No NCAA intervention.

MamaMia
3/6/2007, 02:17 PM
1 game suspension.

No NCAA intervention.I forgot. How many games out did Longar get from the NCAA for the accidental elbow raising?

crawfish
3/6/2007, 02:39 PM
1 more than anybody else. Even those who showed intent.

boomersooner82
3/6/2007, 02:52 PM
It was actually the conference that handed down Longar's suspension, right?

And I could see how they could argue the injury to Rizvic was the reason Longar got what he did, but IMHO elbows and the injuries associated with them are part of the game. Headbutting someone is classless and obviously intentional. I like the precedence the Big 12 is setting this season.

MamaMia
3/6/2007, 03:46 PM
It was actually the conference that handed down Longar's suspension, right?

And I could see how they could argue the injury to Rizvic was the reason Longar got what he did, but IMHO elbows and the injuries associated with them are part of the game. Headbutting someone is classless and obviously intentional. I like the precedence the Big 12 is setting this season.Oh, it was the conference then. Well, the head butting was intentional and therefore it just doesn't make sense to me that he got off with a one game suspension. It was only by the grace of God that the guy didn't end up with a concussion.

GrapevineSooner
3/6/2007, 05:41 PM
So if the K-State player that Boggans headbutted had wound up with a concussion, do you think he would have gotten more?

okienole3
3/6/2007, 07:07 PM
So if the K-State player that Boggans headbutted had wound up with a concussion, do you think he would have gotten more?

Yes. If it hadn't been a lame *** attempt by Boggan, then the punishment would have been much more severe.

badger
3/6/2007, 11:29 PM
his punishment=watching baylor beat his team while he helplessly watches from the bench.

tommieharris91
3/7/2007, 12:36 AM
his punishment=watching baylor beat his team while he helplessly watches from the bench.

He probably slept through it.

goingoneight
3/7/2007, 01:30 AM
You can't talk any kind of sense into an agroid. They're still all over Longar calling his situation "intentional and blatantly violent" kissing Bobby Knight's ***, but Boggan is swept under a rug. Or at least the agroids that work with me. heh, Stoops booted Bomar and Quinn before the FB season and he was a lying cheater, but Sutton was regarded as a hero, and Gundy's 11 or 12 dismissals were just that in their eyes... dismissals. Ugh... there cant possibly be a big enough :rolleyes: smiley to describe them at times.