PDA

View Full Version : Adoption question?

achiro
3/6/2007, 12:23 PM
Some friends are wanting to adopt. They started checking into one of those Russian baby things. Turns out that at 36 years old he is TOO OLD to adopt in their program. They are running into this in several places now. I am just amazed. Seems that a stable home with a stable income would be what they would want. At 36 he has PLENTY of time to raise the kids. Ayway, enough of the rant, has anyone heard of this? I had no idea there was an age limit issue, is there or do they just need to find another agency?

yermom
3/6/2007, 12:25 PM
different countries have different rules

Korea makes you pass a physical

SoonerStormchaser
3/6/2007, 12:25 PM
PM Phil...he might have some info for you.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/6/2007, 01:31 PM
Tell them to look at www.precious.org (http://www.precious.org)

yermom
3/6/2007, 01:44 PM
wow, lots of Guatemala

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2007, 02:02 PM
This may be a bad question, but does it cost to adopt? I mean, do they charge you for the kid and if so how much does a kid cost? Is it a flat cost or is it market dependent based on race, gender, age, etc.?

yermom
3/6/2007, 02:13 PM
with all the fees, etc... i'm not sure why you can't just sell one ;)

i'm not really sure where all that money goes

KC//CRIMSON
3/6/2007, 02:19 PM
Some friends are wanting to adopt. They started checking into one of those Russian baby things. Turns out that at 36 years old he is TOO OLD to adopt in their program. They are running into this in several places now. I am just amazed. Seems that a stable home with a stable income would be what they would want. At 36 he has PLENTY of time to raise the kids. Ayway, enough of the rant, has anyone heard of this? I had no idea there was an age limit issue, is there or do they just need to find another agency?

We we're thinking about eventually adopting a baby girl from China. But man are they strict. Age limits, income limits, health limits, etc......tough road.

We have some friends who have adopted several kids form other countries. They said this foundation was the most helpful out of several organizations they tried to use. - http://www.childrenshope.com/