PDA

View Full Version : Libby found guilty on 4 of the 5 charges

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 12:06 PM
they mixed it up and found him not guilty on the 3rd charge.

wowza.

SoonerStormchaser
3/6/2007, 12:08 PM
Too bad Judge Larry wasn't in that courtroom.

slickdawg
3/6/2007, 12:12 PM
This too is Geroge Bush's fault.

YWIA

Fugue
3/6/2007, 12:34 PM
this is bs

Jeopardude
3/6/2007, 12:39 PM
This too is Geroge Bush's fault.

YWIA

And that's why he'll pardon Libby on his last day in office.

FaninAma
3/6/2007, 12:43 PM
Again the coverup is worse than the initial accusation.

I expect the nation's capital to become evenmore politicized over the next 2 years, if that's possible.

The Dems in Congress know they don't have enouugh of a majority to effect any real change so they will hold hearing after hearing on the Bush administration and the GOP in an attempt to find any new charges that may stick.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 12:52 PM
Its sad to see someone get hung for outing an already outted CIA agent.

Bush should pardon him ASAP!

Plame should be charged for sending her non-CIA employee husband overseas just for political purposes.

SoonerProphet
3/6/2007, 01:13 PM
D.C. what a cesspool of inbred power whores. I guess that is what he gets for defending Marc Rich.

slickdawg
3/6/2007, 01:15 PM
And that's why he'll pardon Libby on his last day in office.

Without exception.

Jeopardude
3/6/2007, 01:20 PM
Its sad to see someone get hung for outing an already outted CIA agent..

The prosecutor established she was not already "outed." The publicized info took down an entire CIA front group.

If he does that, Libby will not be allowed to plead the fifth in future investigations. You will not see that happen.

Plame should be charged for sending her non-CIA employee husband overseas just for political purposes.

That is just plain silly. Investigating contacts/meetings between Iraqi representatives and officials from the nuclear industry of Niger is political?!?

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 01:24 PM
D.C. what a cesspool of inbred power whores. I guess that is what he gets for defending Marc Rich.

Too bad the guy that Pardoned Marc Rich won't be getting the same punishment for perjury that Libby is going to get.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 01:26 PM
The prosecutor established she was not already "outed." The publicized info took down an entire CIA front group.

Perhaps this "top secret spy" should have thought about that before sending her husband on a fact finding mission that didn't pan out too well???

Oh well, at least she got a nice mag cover out of the deal.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 01:29 PM
That is just plain silly. Investigating contacts/meetings between Iraqi representatives and officials from the nuclear industry of Niger is political?!?

OMG, are you serious?

Why in the hell would the CIA send Joe Wilson, A known political hack, to investigate nukes??? HE DIDN'T EVEN WORK @ THE CIA!!!!!!!!

And even beyond that, he lied about Niger providing nuke material to Iraq while working for John F. Kerry!

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 01:44 PM

that isn't what he got "hung" for

Jeopardude
3/6/2007, 01:45 PM
Perhaps this "top secret spy" should have thought about that before sending her husband on a fact finding mission that didn't pan out too well???

Oh well, at least she got a nice mag cover out of the deal.

OK, first, she did not send him. The CIA did, with or without her suggestion.

How does a fact finding mission not "pan out too well"? He investigated and filed a report.

Why in the hell would the CIA send Joe Wilson, A known political hack, to investigate nukes??? HE DIDN'T EVEN WORK @ THE CIA!!!!!!!!

From Wikipedia:

Diplomatic career

Wilson served in the U.S. Foreign Service from January 1976 through 1998.
All details of Wilson's diplomatic postings are from "Diplomatic Career of Ambassador Joseph Wilson," The Politics of Truth 451.
1976-1978: General Services Officer, Niamey, Niger
1978-1979: Administrative Office, Lomé, Togo
1979-1981: Administrative Officer, U.S. State Department, Washington, D.C.
1981-1982: Administrative Officer, Pretoria, South Africa
1982-1985: Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM), Bujumbura, Burundi
1985-1986: Congressional Fellow, offices of Senator Al Gore and Representative Tom Foley
1986-1988: DCM, Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo
1988-1991: DCM, Baghdad, Iraq
1992-1995: Ambassador to Gabon and São Tomé and Príncipe
1995-1997: Political Adviser to Commander in Chief U.S. Armed Forces, Europe EUCOM, Stuttgart, Germany
1997-1998: Special Assistant to President Bill Clinton and Senior Director for African Affairs, National Security Council, Washington, D.C.
From 1988 to 1991, he was the Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq. He was praised by George H. W. Bush after sheltering more than one hundred Americans at the embassy, despite Saddam Hussein's threats to execute anyone who refused to hand over foreigners. As a result, in 1990, he also became the last American diplomat to meet with Saddam Hussein.[9] When Hussein sent a note to Wilson (along with other embassy heads in Iraq) threatening to execute anyone sheltering foreigners in Iraq, Wilson publicly repudiated the dictator by appearing at a press conference wearing a homemade noose around his neck and saying "If the choice is to allow American citizens to be taken hostage or to be executed, I will bring my own ****ing rope," a flair for public appearance that has become a trademark of Wilson.
As a self-identified non-partisan career diplomat, Wilson later served as U.S. ambassador to Gabon and São Tomé and Príncipe during the administration of President George H. W. Bush and helped direct Africa policy for the National Security Council during the administration of President Bill Clinton.[10]

Partisan hack, my ***.

I know nothing about the Kerry accusation so I won't even address it.

Libby lied and tried to thwart an investigation directed by GEORGE BUSH. He was found guilty. Moan, think about it as "our side lost", mention Clinton, I don't care.

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 01:46 PM
and for a factual sake...she didn't send her husband, someone higher up did.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 01:53 PM
that isn't what he got "hung" for

He didn't get "hung" for leaking state secrets, he got hung for perjury.

If only he had just stuffed confidential documents down his pants.

Oh wait.

PAW
3/6/2007, 01:53 PM
What's going on with regards to charging someone for the actual crime of "outing" Plame?

Unfortunately for Libby, he's not a Dem. pres and lying to a grand jury/investigators is going to cost him.

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 01:56 PM
He didn't get "hung" for leaking state secrets, he got hung for perjury.

If only he had just stuffed confidential documents down his pants.

Oh wait.

if you know it was for perjury why did you say he got hung for outing a cia agent?

that doesn't make sense now does it.....

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 01:56 PM
OK, first, she did not send him. The CIA did, with or without her suggestion.

How does a fact finding mission not "pan out too well"? He investigated and filed a report.

He filed a report that was false, according to his opinion article he published in the New York Times, top secret stuff no doubt.

The FACT he lied about Niger providing material to Iraq is never mentioned by the lefties for some reason.

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 01:57 PM
What's going on with regards to charging someone for the actual crime of "outing" Plame?

Unfortunately for Libby, he's not a Dem. pres and lying to a grand jury/investigators is going to cost him.

i don't know that the underlying issue is going anywhere.

are you insinuating that the 12 members of the jury were all democrats out to get poor republican libby?

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 01:57 PM
if you know it was for perjury why did you say he got hung for outing a cia agent?

that doesn't make sense now does it.....

Outing an already outted CIA agent is illegal???

Someone should tell the New York Times, John Kerry, Joe Wilson, etc.

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 01:59 PM
Outing an already outted CIA agent is illegal???

Someone should tell the New York Times, John Kerry, Joe Wilson, etc.

you are the one that said he was hung for outing an already outed cia agent...when you claim to know he was hung for perjuring himself...

just seems odd that you would do that is all.

golly, shucks.

and with the questions the jury were asking i thought for sure they were going to let him off.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 01:59 PM
and for a factual sake...she didn't send her husband, someone higher up did.

Oh no, she just "suggested" it, what ever that means.

Administration officials told columnist Robert D. Novak then that Wilson, a partisan critic of Bush's foreign policy, was sent to Niger at the suggestion of Plame, who worked in the nonproliferation unit at CIA. The disclosure of Plame's identity, which was classified, led to an investigation into who leaked her name. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39834-2004Jul9.html

:rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 02:00 PM
you are the one that said he was hung for outing an already outed cia agent...

Try re-reading my post. It may help you some.

Nothing illegal about that now, is there?

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:00 PM
why does your article say her identity was classified if you keep saying she was outed.

boy howdy tuba you sure are confusing today

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:02 PM

1. you are insinuating that the bolded language is not illegal. (i agree)
2. you are insinuating that the bolded language is what he was punished for (or in your words hung) which is clearly incorrect.

i seem to have read your post correctly.

the guilty verdict have little to nothing to do with "outing" plame it is the perjury...thusly your bolded language is off topic

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 02:04 PM
1. you are insinuating that the bolded language is not illegal. (i agree)

Yeah, that was my point.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 02:05 PM
why does your article say her identity was classified if you keep saying she was outed.

boy howdy tuba you sure are confusing today

If she was classified, the CIA wouldn't be letting her send her hubby on trips.

PAW
3/6/2007, 02:08 PM
are you insinuating that the 12 members of the jury were all democrats out to get poor republican libby?

Nope, just that the same thing happened, underlying issues aside, on the other side of the fence with a different result. Too bad for Libby that he wasn't facing the same jury.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 02:08 PM
A bit off topic...

According to the former Niger mining minister, Wilson told his CIA contacts, Iraq tried to buy 400 tons of uranium in 1998.

I wonder how many people would guess where this uranium and yellow cake that we carted out of Iraq is now?????

It may be closer than you think! ;)

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, that was my point.

but your point was not relevant because that wasn't what he was hung for...which you said he was...

that was my point.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 02:10 PM
but your point was not relevant because that wasn't what he was hung for...which you said he was...

that was my point.

Then you missed my point trying to make your point.

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:10 PM
If she was classified, the CIA wouldn't be letting her send her hubby on trips.

who knows....just questioning your article that you posted that said she was classified when you are claiming she wasn't

seems a little odd in a circular way. in that you are relying on the first part of the article that you like but not the second part that you don't.

wheels on the bus go round and round.

golly, shucks.

def_lazer_fc
3/6/2007, 02:11 PM
some of these posts are giving me a headache. ;)

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:11 PM
Then you missed my point trying to make your point.

your point was it is sad that he got punished for outing an already outed cia agent right?

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:12 PM
some of these posts are giving me a headache. ;)

probably the one where the dude in the that guy's avatar is poking his finger through his nose and out his eye. :eek:

def_lazer_fc
3/6/2007, 02:13 PM
probably the one where the dude in the that guy's avatar is poking his finger through his nose and out his eye. :eek:
that might be it

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 02:14 PM
your point was it is sad that he got punished for outing an already outed cia agent right?

Yes, but he didn't get hung for that, did he? He got hung for perjury.

Don't worry bro, just keep working at it, my point will come to you in a few hours or so.

OklahomaTuba
3/6/2007, 02:15 PM
Hat, would it help if I put a little smiley face or winky face next to it? I don't want this to give you a headach or anything.

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:17 PM
werd up homie

or you could just lay down what you are trying to scratch at and shizzle.

so make your point clear already....because you keep saying he got hung for it but then saying he didn't really becuase he got hung for perjury.

just axing questions about your words bro

FaninAma
3/6/2007, 02:23 PM
The Dems play for blood. It takes the GOP a while to play catchup. I look at this whole sorry affair as just another step toward the evolution of the United States into a bannana republic in terms of using the judiciary and other facets of the government to bring down political opponents.

And yes, it happens on both sides.

Can anybody even imagine the political bloodletting that will happen during a Hilliary Clinton administration? It's scarey even thinking about it. :eek:

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:29 PM
The Dems play for blood. It takes the GOP a while to play catchup. I look at this whole sorry affair as just another step toward the evolution of the United States into a bannana republic in terms of using the judiciary and other facets of the government to bring down political opponents.

And yes, it happens on both sides.

Can anybody even imagine the political bloodletting that will happen during a Hilliary Clinton administration? It's scarey even thinking about it. :eek:

you aware of the story coming out where repubs inappropriately pressured for investigation of dems prior to the latest round of elections?

one of the victims was the attorney Tom Cruise's character was based on in YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH movie

(and this doesn't mean i think only repubs are guilty of this)

Sam Spade
3/6/2007, 02:31 PM
Come on, guys...Tuba is just trying to rile all of you up. He's a Troll. He's been a Troll for years. You can tell this by the fact that he keeps contradicting himself and ignoring any logical argument in order to keep HIS argument going.

Just ignore him. That's how you've gotta handle Trolls.

Jeopardude
3/6/2007, 02:32 PM
Actually he was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice. The reason no one was indicted for outing Plame is because Libby obstructed the investigation.

(QUOTE=OklahomaTuba}If she was classified, the CIA wouldn't be letting her send her hubby on trips.[/QUOTE]

OK, now you're making no sense whatsoever. That has no logical basis. That and putting "suggesting" in quotes, what is up? You need to slow down.

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:33 PM
or feed them.

if you are wearing chain mail gloves and have achieved a level 12 dungeon master status.

FaninAma
3/6/2007, 02:33 PM
Come on, guys...Tuba is just trying to rile all of you up. He's a Troll. He's been a Troll for years. You can tell this by the fact that he keeps contradicting himself and ignoring any logical argument in order to keep HIS argument going.

So says the guy with 154 posts since 2005.

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 02:34 PM
i think faninama is a trolly trolly troll....

at least that is what dean told me...and i suspect he is a troll too....

can never be too careful.

Octavian
3/6/2007, 02:35 PM
The Dems play for blood. It takes the GOP a while to play catchup.

did you miss the '90s?

FaninAma
3/6/2007, 02:36 PM
I think that anybody who has never been to a tailgate is a troll and even then I have my doubts. I actually think there are only about 3 non-troll handles on this site and Hatfield is not one of them.

FaninAma
3/6/2007, 02:37 PM
did you miss the '90s?
Um, no. Did I say the GOP doesn't play this game? It's just that the Dems worte the book and the GOP's still trying to get the latest version in print.

Jeopardude
3/6/2007, 02:48 PM

You're right, Sam. I fell for it. :D

Hatfield
3/6/2007, 03:05 PM
I think that anybody who has never been to a tailgate is a troll and even then I have my doubts. I actually think there are only about 3 non-troll handles on this site and Hatfield is not one of them.

so simply speaking your mind now equates one to being a troll?

you and i must have very different ideas of what a troll is

JohnnyMack
3/6/2007, 03:09 PM

I'm actually :dean:

Shh. Don't tell.

PAW
3/6/2007, 03:30 PM
The reason no one was indicted for outing Plame is because Libby obstructed the investigation.

Nope. Armitage was the "leaker" and they knew that fairly early in the investigation, IIRC. Regarding the indictment on the "outing," they know they don't have a chargeable offense with regards to Armitage. Libby is going to prison for lying about a crime that never happened. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/6/2007, 03:32 PM
Nope. Armitage was the "leaker" and they knew that fairly early in the investigation, IIRC. Regarding the indictment on the "outing," they know they don't have a chargeable offense with regards to Armitage. Libby is going to prison for lying about a crime that never happened. :DHow do you suppose the MSM would react if this travesty of justice happened to someone on their side?

SoonerProphet
3/6/2007, 03:38 PM
Too bad the guy that Pardoned Marc Rich won't be getting the same punishment for perjury that Libby is going to get.

Typical partisan hypocrisy. We all know the modus operandi Tuba...nash your teeth when a Democrat pardons a crook, but when your dude is in the sling pray he is pardoned. It is almost humorous if not for being so disgusting.

Vaevictis
3/6/2007, 03:43 PM

So I guess the difference between perjury being okay and not okay is party affiliation? :D

PAW
3/6/2007, 04:02 PM
How do you suppose the MSM would react if this travesty of justice happened to someone one their side?

I'm sure we'd see more emphasis on the fact that the "outing" of Plame wasn't a chargeable criminal offense, kind of like Clinton doinking Lewinsky wasn't criminal.

SoonerProphet
3/6/2007, 04:06 PM
Prolly a good lesson on the fact that you should never say nothing or some prosecutor is going to railroad your a$$.

FaninAma
3/6/2007, 04:15 PM
Typical partisan hypocrisy. We all know the modus operandi Tuba...nash your teeth when a Democrat pardons a crook, but when your dude is in the sling pray he is pardoned. It is almost humorous if not for being so disgusting.

So I assume you are highly critical of the Marc Rich pardon by Bill Clinton?

SoonerProphet
3/6/2007, 04:24 PM
So I assume you are highly critical of the Marc Rich pardon by Bill Clinton?

You'd assume right. If you assumed that I was critical of Herbert Walker's pardon of Iran-Contra crooks, you'd be right there too. Institutional lying has become all to common in the nations capital. Most just want to bitch about one side or the other.

King Crimson
3/6/2007, 04:27 PM
You'd assume right. If you assumed that I was critical of Herbert Walker's pardon of Iran-Contra crooks, you'd be right there too. Institutional lying has become all to common in the nations capital. Most just want to bitch about one side or the other.

bingo.

SoonerProphet
3/6/2007, 04:35 PM
it fookin' ****es me off to no end seeing rich, politically connected pricks make a living off defending other rich, politically connected pricks. chances are scooter will never serve a day in the hoosegaw, but a some "thug" from Stop Six will get years for having a dime bag.

****ES ME OFF!!

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2005/10/scooter-libby-marc-rich-connection.html

PAW
3/6/2007, 04:36 PM
Institutional lying has become all to common in the nations capital. Most just want to bitch about one side or the other.

"Everybody in politics lies, but (the Clintons) do it with such ease, it's troubling." David Geffen

Like Geffen in past elections, most people tend to look the other way when the "lying" is for a higher, nobler purpose . . . depending on your ideology.

SoonerProphet
3/6/2007, 04:41 PM
You mean a higher, nobler purpose like defending your ideology. And I don't give two ****s about Hillary or Bill...both lying pricks who defend other lying pricks.

Harry Beanbag
3/6/2007, 04:49 PM
This message is hidden because Sam Spade is on your ignore list.

Thanks for the advice troll.

FaninAma
3/6/2007, 04:49 PM
You mean a higher, nobler purpose like defending your ideology. And I don't give two ****s about Hillary or Bill...both lying pricks who defend other lying pricks.

Well then you and I agree. The ironic thing about this case is the supposed victims, Hilliary Plame and her husband are part of the lying, hypocritical insider cesspool. Plame's husband lied about what he did and found on his "fact finding" mission, yet he escapes with nary a scratch for violating the public's trust.

Frozen Sooner
3/6/2007, 04:56 PM
So I assume you are highly critical of the Mike Rich pardon by Bill Clinton?

Hey now...

FaninAma
3/6/2007, 04:59 PM
Hey now...

Does that mean you can get your old screen name back? :D

PAW
3/6/2007, 05:18 PM

I think the whole thing is humorous. The people who were calling for Clinton's head are defending Libby. The same people castigating Libby defended Clinton, generally.

In Geffen's case, he was happy to support the liars and raise millions of dollars for them, as long as they trumpeted his ideology . . . until something better came along. I don't think most people are that much different.

Personally, if Libby lied then he deserves to be found guilty. I think it's more plausible that he didn't remember details than Bill not remembering Lewinski, but I wasn't sitting on the jury and don't have all the details. According to the jury, Libby tried some CYA and got busted. He forgot what his momma told him about the lies getting him in more trouble than the deed.

SoonerProphet
3/6/2007, 05:25 PM
Well then you and I agree. The ironic thing about this case is the supposed victims, Hilliary Plame and her husband are part of the lying, hypocritical insider cesspool. Plame's husband lied about what he did and found on his "fact finding" mission, yet he escapes with nary a scratch for violating the public's trust.

I think Vincent Cannistraro and the folks that worked at Brewster Jennings might differ in their opinions.

PAW
3/6/2007, 05:47 PM
I think Vincent Cannistraro and the folks that worked at Brewster Jennings might differ in their opinions.

I thought it was just a phone and a PO Box?

Sam Spade
3/6/2007, 06:44 PM
So says the guy with 154 posts since 2005.
Don't blame me for being smart enough to catch on fast.

Sam Spade
3/6/2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the advice troll.
Wacka WACKA!!!

Only wussies put people on their ignore list.

Harry Beanbag
3/6/2007, 08:38 PM
Wacka WACKA!!!

Only wussies put people on their ignore list.

Now I know you're not LAS, unless he considers himself a wussy. And of course you know by now you really aren't on my ignore list. Do you still have that Yukon or have you upgraded? It's been a couple years now. Peace out.

Jerk
3/6/2007, 08:45 PM
I missed it? What did they convict Libby of? Exposing an undercover CIA agent? Her husband seemed like a real straight shooter...no political motivations at all. Poor Mr. and Mrs. Plame, just doin' their jobs, mindin' their own business, and boom! Haliburton strikes again! Well, this is a victory for the little guy! We got Scooter! We got Scooter! Now how long will a man last in prison with a name like that? Poor guy...they should have warned him...it's not the crime you need to worry about, because evidently there was none. It's the investigation that will getchya...well, unless you're name is Hillary"I don't remember" Clinton.

If the Feds ever investigate me, that's what I'm going to tell them over and over again:

"I don't remember"

Sam Spade
3/7/2007, 04:20 AM
Now I know you're not LAS, unless he considers himself a wussy. And of course you know by now you really aren't on my ignore list. Do you still have that Yukon or have you upgraded? It's been a couple years now. Peace out.

No Yukon. I drive a humble Jeep Liberty.

KABOOKIE
3/14/2007, 11:56 PM
No Yukon. I drive a humble Jeep Liberty.

But you are LAS

Hatfield
3/15/2007, 08:59 AM
I missed it? What did they convict Libby of? Exposing an undercover CIA agent? Her husband seemed like a real straight shooter...no political motivations at all. Poor Mr. and Mrs. Plame, just doin' their jobs, mindin' their own business, and boom! Haliburton strikes again! Well, this is a victory for the little guy! We got Scooter! We got Scooter! Now how long will a man last in prison with a name like that? Poor guy...they should have warned him...it's not the crime you need to worry about, because evidently there was none. It's the investigation that will getchya...well, unless you're name is Hillary"I don't remember" Clinton.

If the Feds ever investigate me, that's what I'm going to tell them over and over again:

"I don't remember"

he was guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice.

when you are involved with an investigation (whether there has been a crime or not) it is a good idea to tell the truth...ask bill clinton.

odd that you probably weren't throwing your hands up in disgust over his perjury issues....wouldn't want to think you were being hypocritical now would we?

OklahomaTuba
3/15/2007, 09:09 AM
Hopefully "Scooter" gets the same amount of jail time President Clinton got.

Hatfield
3/15/2007, 09:15 AM
i am sure bush will use one of the many pardons he is planning on giving out to dear ole scooter and you will get your wish.

OklahomaTuba
3/15/2007, 09:49 AM
Maybe he can pardon Sandy Berger for trying to steal classified documents by stuffing them down his pants.

Hatfield
3/15/2007, 09:54 AM
maybe.