PDA

View Full Version : I realized something today

Osce0la
3/6/2007, 10:25 AM
it has bugged me for a while that my boss will stand there and take his time talking to you because he is trying to use big, intelligent words when talking to you. The reason he stands there so long talking to you is because he is going through his head trying to think of a good big word to use (seemingly trying to make himself appear smarter than he really is)...

But here's the kicker - this morning I realized that it seems as though he is trying to make those of us around him feel dumb because he is using big words. I realized this when he was talking to one of my co-workers using all of his big, intelligent word garbage, and then when he got finished he went over all of it again using more simple terms (even though she knew what he was talking about to begin with). Seems as though he is trying to pass himself off as being very intelligent, while also trying to make us seem as dumb as possible.

One day he was explaining something about some new accounts to me, using all of his big word nonsense. I knew exactly what he was talking about the whole time he was talking to me, but then he gets done and tells me "I'll come back and put it in more simple terms when you get ready to place the trades"...Hello, I am not stupid, I do understand what you're saying, I do know how to do my job. Thanks for thinking I am a complete moran though since I obviously can't comprehend words with more than 2 syllables...

1stTimeCaller
3/6/2007, 10:41 AM
when he gets done next time just look at him and say, 'I'll take $5 words for a thousand, Alex'.

Hamhock
3/6/2007, 10:42 AM
you are so anserine

Viking Kitten
3/6/2007, 10:43 AM
Well, I find it apophthegmatic that your boss is merely demonstrating his lexiconical pre-eminance to his sycophants.

Fugue
3/6/2007, 10:50 AM
a:pop:hthegmatic

crawfish
3/6/2007, 10:58 AM
You'll know it's time for a new job when he uses pop-up books to explain what he's saying. ;)