PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim....

OUAndy1807
3/5/2007, 07:04 PM
how many people are still watching adult swim? I have been in since day 1, but it seems to me that about half of the shows are weird for the sake of being weird and don't have any comedic value. Here's a list of the shows and how I feel about them (because I'm sure you all care):
good:
ATHF
Squidbillies
Sealab 2021
Frisky Dingo
Home Movies
Space Ghost
Dr. Katz
Tom Goes to the Mayor
Mission Hill
ok:
Harvey Birdman
Venture Brothers
Tim and Eric Awesome Show
Ripping Friends
Minoriteam
bad:
Oblongs
Baby Blues
Robot Chicken
Brack
Stroker and Hoop
Perfect Hair Forever
unwatchably bad:
any of the anime
Super milk-chan
Moral Orel
Saul of the Mole Men

jacru
3/5/2007, 07:29 PM
... is people over 21 moving around in the water.

OUHOMER
3/5/2007, 07:35 PM
i dont know what the hell your talking about?????

Penguin
3/5/2007, 08:30 PM
I happen to like Moral Orel. I was also raised in a ridiculously strict religious household. I can relate to nearly everything on that show.

I loved that Halloween episode. "How can I be scared of anything when Jesus is always with me?" Hilarious. :D

rufnek05
3/5/2007, 08:35 PM
how many people are still watching adult swim? I have been in since day 1, but it seems to me that about half of the shows are weird for the sake of being weird and don't have any comedic value. Here's a list of the shows and how I feel about them (because I'm sure you all care):
good:
ATHF
Squidbillies
Sealab 2021
Frisky Dingo
Home Movies
Space Ghost
Dr. Katz
Tom Goes to the Mayor
Mission Hill
ok:
Harvey Birdman
Venture Brothers
Ripping Friends
Minoriteam
bad:
Oblongs
Baby Blues
Robot Chicken
Brack
Stroker and Hoop
Perfect Hair Forever
unwatchably bad:
any of the anime
Super milk-chan
Moral Orel
Saul of the Mole Men

don't forget new Futurama starts this summer. and that should go in the "good" section

TheUnnamedSooner
3/5/2007, 08:38 PM
I used to watch it because Family Guy and Futurama was on it. Is "Brack" the character from Spaceghost?

birddog
3/5/2007, 08:40 PM
i just watch family guy. everything else is too strange.

apusooner
3/5/2007, 08:43 PM
when i had cable, i always watched the venture bros. i think its the best show on that network

Ardmore_Sooner
3/5/2007, 09:18 PM
Harvey Birdman is the most hilarious show of the original shows they have on AS. But I agree, most of the shows have gotten so out of hand they just seem stupid.

IronSooner
3/5/2007, 11:12 PM
It's up and down IMO. I watch:
ATHF
Family Guy
Futurama
Harvey Birdman
Sealab
Space Ghost
Robot Chicken (hit and miss)

The rest can get lost.

royalfan5
3/5/2007, 11:23 PM
I watch ATHF, Robot Chicken, Futurama, Family Guy, and Metalacoplypse.

tbl
3/5/2007, 11:26 PM
Harvey Birdman is the most hilarious show of the original shows they have on AS. But I agree, most of the shows have gotten so out of hand they just seem stupid.
Absolutely. That and Futurama are the only shows I watch. I tried a little of ATHF but I didn't get it.

GottaHavePride
3/6/2007, 12:37 AM
good:
Futurama
Family Guy
ATHF
Robot Chicken
Sealab 2021
Space Ghost
Harvey Birdman
Venture Brothers
ok:
Brak
bad:
Ripping Friends
Minoriteam
Squidbillies
Oblongs
Baby Blues
Stroker and Hoop
Perfect Hair Forever
unwatchably bad:
Tom Goes to the Mayor any of the anime
Super milk-chan
Moral Orel
Saul of the Mole Men

Tom Goes to the Mayor is one of the least funny shows I've ever seen.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/6/2007, 12:43 AM
ATHF is a hit or miss show with most people.

Sooner24
3/6/2007, 12:51 AM
I sure hope my son doesn't watch these shows and instead spends most of his waking hours studying.

proud gonzo
3/6/2007, 01:02 AM
ATHF is a hit or miss show with most people.yeah... sometimes it's funny, but most of the time I say "what the ****?" and change the channel.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/6/2007, 01:07 AM
I sure hope my son doesn't watch these shows and instead spends most of his waking hours studying.

I sure hope my father gets enough sleep to work to pay for my college so I can keep on studying... ;)

LoyalFan
3/6/2007, 02:23 AM
I'm 63 years old and I watch some of that stuff on Adult Swim, and enjoy teh poo outta it too.
Family Guy,
Futurama,
and a few others, but rarely.
Then there's the Comedy Channel! I 've been groovin' on The Sarah Silverman Show the last cuppla weex. Oh, it's buttsux stoopid, no doubt, and doomed to cancellation purdy dang kwik, but I'd still cheerfully dive into her (no doubt) excessively hirsute, errrrr.....pool.
I may be a good German boy, but I'd hit that Hebrew hottie in a heartbeat.

With malice toward none....'cept Hillary, Nancy, Maxine, Mr. Murtha, Dick Turban, and most of Hollywood.

LF

Mixer!
3/6/2007, 11:32 AM
TGTTM is hilarious. Tom Peters as the naive putz who's always trying to do something to better the town he's just moved to, and thinks he has an ally in Jefferton's "eccentric" mayor. The Mayor, OTOH, is a complete d*ck towards Tom, could care less about him and his "good ideas", and enjoys seeing how far he can humiliate Tom by feigning a sincere interest in Peters' proposals, helps him get them enacted, and then watches it all crash & burn. Can't wait for the DVD to come out.

SoonerStormchaser
3/6/2007, 12:21 PM
Family Guy...that's it!

skycat
3/6/2007, 01:39 PM
I can't stand Tom Goes to the Mayor.

I used to watch Adult Swim all the time, but I pretty much don't anymore.

I miss the old Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Cartoon Planet back to back they used to have on Friday nights before Adult Swim took off. We used to watch Lexx on SciFi, switch over to Cartoon Network, and then head on out to Aggieville. Good times.