PDA

View Full Version : Updated rosters!!!

Collier11
3/5/2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=190&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2470&SPORT_TAB_SEL=02

There ya go, for all of you who are too old to remember who is who when bobby doesnt put the names on the back of the jerseys again, just reference this page :D :D

Collier11
3/5/2007, 06:50 PM
Little roster tidbits,
Mike Reed #38....he better be big time to have that number
Nichol #6...I likes but wish he could get #7 from Murray so a qb can make that number proud again

colleyvillesooner
3/5/2007, 07:06 PM
rumblings on the scout board are that the names are going back on...the team voted.

LittleWingSooner
3/5/2007, 07:15 PM
Mike Reed has 10 according to that link.

And those rumblings were created on this board.

snp
3/5/2007, 07:33 PM
They aren't rumblings.

I've talked with my friend who is on coaching staff and Jay has stated the same thing. Names are back on.

Boffingham
3/5/2007, 07:44 PM
Maybe we should go without numbers on the jerseys this year

jccouger
3/5/2007, 08:03 PM
I think we should just go without jerseys

TheUnnamedSooner
3/5/2007, 08:32 PM
I think they should take the paint and decals off the helmets too.

Collier11
3/5/2007, 09:28 PM
I gave it legs and you all taught it how to run...I love the neverending jokes/bitchfests that we as OU fans endulge ourselves in yearly ;)

OklahomaTuba
3/5/2007, 10:05 PM

Ugh, you are a dude, right???

sooneron
3/5/2007, 10:28 PM
Ugh, you are a dude, right???
For once, you and I are on the same page, again. Shouldn't his post be in the Gay player thread from a couple of weeks ago?

pardon the interREDtion
3/5/2007, 11:41 PM
I'd betcha a couple of Red River Riv. tickets that recruits wanna see their name run across the tv on Saturdays

NorthernIowaSooner
3/5/2007, 11:44 PM
box is also listed as #7 on that roster so if him and murray pan out as well as they're suppose to then i dont think we'll have to worry about #7 being a bad thing anymore

OK2U
3/6/2007, 12:15 AM
Noticed that no-one took #28, 12 or 42. Them's big shoes to fill.

goingoneight
3/6/2007, 12:49 AM

We don't need no STINKIN' PADS!!! :D

goingoneight
3/6/2007, 12:57 AM
I'm not complaining either way. I actually started to like the no names dealio, but I guess now everyone will be happy. I have been intrigued with a great majority of Stoops decisions, and I thought the no nameplate idea was worth at least trying out. Teaches selflessness and makes everyone equal on the field. Anyone else notice the difference in this year's team chemistry versus 2005's?

batonrougesooner
3/6/2007, 01:01 AM
I think jersey #28 should take a few years off.

illinisooner
3/6/2007, 01:04 AM
Honestly, I don't think the players learn anything more about teammwork, selflessness, etc from not having any names on jerseys. They probably don't even care...that's the way it was in high school and back in the day. Maybe it's a good motivational technique for some players, but I just can't see it making a huge difference.

goingoneight
3/6/2007, 01:21 AM
Honestly, I don't think the players learn anything more about teammwork, selflessness, etc from not having any names on jerseys. They probably don't even care...that's the way it was in high school and back in the day. Maybe it's a good motivational technique for some players, but I just can't see it making a huge difference.

Well, it didn't help us that every game started out with "THERE'S ONLY ONE... [insert player name here]." :O

Collier11
3/6/2007, 11:36 AM

Whether you think so or not, kids love to hear their names and see their names on tv. Espcecially when you get to the big time like OU, Stoops felt that some of his players were going off of the past teams' reputation and not working as hard simply because they played for OU so as a tactic to knock them down a peg or two, he took their names off to show them that the only thing that matters is that they GET to play for OU!!! We won the Big 12, went to the BCS, and were a robbery and a 4th and 18 from being 13-1 with a team that was supposed to STILL be rebuilding. I would say it worked one way or another.

soonerx7
3/6/2007, 11:52 AM
I had read early on, that the name plates didn't fit right on the jersey's.
Or did I hear it from know nothing Blevens?

DustySooner
3/6/2007, 11:58 AM
Wait. The names weren't on the jerseys last year? :D

Collier11
3/6/2007, 12:21 PM
Ive heard that too but never seen anything to substantiate that. OU athletic dept. mixed with Nike could have made new jerseys where the name plates fit if they wanted to in just a couple of days im sure so i dont buy that claim!!!

Seamus
3/6/2007, 12:26 PM
I'd betcha a couple of Red River Riv. tickets that recruits wanna see their name run across the tv on Saturdays

sUc recruits seem to be OK with not having their names on their jerseys ...

just sayin' ...

Collier11
3/6/2007, 12:41 PM
and we dont hear of too many suc fans or ND fans throwing a hissy fit cus they cant tell which player is which!

CatfishSooner
3/6/2007, 06:51 PM
Personally I like the names on the back of jerseys--but honestly who gives a ****?

Collier11
3/6/2007, 06:53 PM
Personally I like the names on the back of jerseys--but honestly who gives a ****?

Thats what I like to see, some people(like you prefer it) and some people(like me like the look without) but in the long run, what is the point of getting ****ed off about it??? Its not that big of a deal