PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here been to a NASCAR race?

batonrougesooner
3/5/2007, 02:31 AM
My buddy is a big NASCAR fan and we are planning on meeting up in Ft. Worth next month to watch a race.

I don't know much about the sport. I do find it somewhat entertaining when they are on television. I know who the big drivers are but not much else. Anyone care to give me a "crash course"? (pun not entirely intended).

OUHOMER
3/5/2007, 06:10 AM
are you campng at TMS or staying at a motel and driving in. If your camping make sure you take everthing with you. getting in and out of there is murder in a big way. EAR plugs are a must. I always rent the radios so i can hear the in car radios. As far anything else, knowing the in and outs, just tell everybody you are a JR fan. The will slap you on the back just like you have been to every race in the last 5 years.

H8HOGS
3/5/2007, 07:26 AM
Get to the track early on Sunday and by that I mean 8am or you will sit in traffic for hours. We have talked to people that spent 4 hours on 1-35 and just about missed the start.Plenty to do in the morning. MDSE haulers to check out, NASCAR this morning broadcast live. Plus all the people watching. Taht in itself can be entertaining sometimes. If you are staying north of the track in Denton you definitely want to park in turn 4 off of Dale Earnhardt Way. Easy to get in and out. Ear Plugs? Never have used them at a race I like the sound. Please no JR fan either already enough of the trailer park crowd.

Remember at Texas (dry county) still don't get that dry county thing but that is a whole different subject no beer sales so take your soft sided cooler and you can make as many trips back to the car for reinforcements as you need.

Busch race on Saturday good place to sit is up high coming out of turn 4. It is shaded so you won't be cooked already to start out Sunday.

SoonerJack
3/5/2007, 09:32 AM
Enjoy. Ditto on renting the radios. Awesome to be able to tune in to the various drivers as well as the live feed from NASCAR radio (no commercial breaks; you get to hear what goes on between commercials). Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, layers depending on the weather. Lots of money; their concessions aren't cheap.

OKLA21FAN
3/5/2007, 09:41 AM
Remember at Texas (dry county) still don't get that dry county thing but that is a whole different subject no beer sales so take your soft sided cooler and you can make as many trips back to the car for reinforcements as you need.

beer sales are allowed inside the track now. but the cooler is more economical, thats for sure

SoonerAcesUp
3/5/2007, 12:57 PM
Going to Talladega myself next month. This will be the fourth year in a row I've went and don't plan on missing the Spring race anytime soon. Once you see NASCAR in person you have much more appreciation for the sport. Talladega is also a bitch to get into and out of. We got there about 8am last year and it was much easier but getting out will always be a long wait in traffic. Have fun at Texas!

soonernation
3/5/2007, 01:01 PM

The store across the interstate from TMS sells beer now.

SoonerStormchaser
3/5/2007, 01:05 PM
I only watch the crashes...the rest is just moving your head around in a circle 300 times!

Hamhock
3/5/2007, 01:16 PM
Enjoy. Ditto on renting the radios.

i've prolly been to 5 races.

only rented the radios the last time. i won't go again without renting the radios. the scanner really adds to the experience.

Osce0la
3/5/2007, 01:55 PM
Going to Talladega myself next month. This will be the fourth year in a row I've went and don't plan on missing the Spring race anytime soon. Once you see NASCAR in person you have much more appreciation for the sport. Talladega is also a bitch to get into and out of. We got there about 8am last year and it was much easier but getting out will always be a long wait in traffic. Have fun at Texas!
Being about 45 minutes from Tallageda I try to make it out there as much as possible (I'll usually work as an usher so I can get paid for being there the entire weekend). Talladega is hell to get out of unless you know the back roads that will take you down to hwy 280. All you have is Speedway Boulevard and you can either go east or west to get to I-20 from there. Leaving Talladega is definitely not fun.

Osce0la
3/5/2007, 01:56 PM
Oh, and don't take ear plugs. I've never worn earplugs to a NASCAR race (not at Dega, not at Atlanta, and not at Texas Motor Speedway). Renting a radio is a good idea though.

GrapevineSooner
3/5/2007, 02:03 PM
So wearing 24 gear to the track would be about as bad as being decked out in Red Sox garb at Yankee Stadium? ;)

H8HOGS
3/5/2007, 02:58 PM
beer sales are allowed inside the track now. but the cooler is more economical, thats for sure

When did that start? We were down spring 2006 race and they had the one fenced area you had to buy and drink inside there. Suites is the way to go. All the free booze and food you want.

Either way much cheaper to bring your own drinks and food in. Grill some ribs wrap them in foil and eat them cold inside..

That gas station on 35w north of the track with the 10 porta pots in the parking lot is classic.

H8HOGS
3/5/2007, 03:00 PM
So wearing 24 gear to the track would be about as bad as being decked out in Red Sox garb at Yankee Stadium? ;)

I would say if you want to be like everyone else wear the 8, 20, 24 mdse. If you want to go to a race, watch a few races and pick your driver or team.

Roush Racing for me.

Matt Kenseth now that Mark has moved on.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/5/2007, 03:10 PM
:les: YEE HAW!!!

Turd_Ferguson
3/5/2007, 03:34 PM
Never been to any type of engine powered race in my life EVAR, until the inaugural race at Texas Motor Speedway. Left OKC about 6 a.m. and still had to park on the side of I-35. Walked about 97 miles to the track, asked for the largest beer they had(hoping for a 5 gallon bucket full), "We don't sell beer"....... I cried like a 6 year old girl. Seats were about seven row's up and around a hunnerd yards before turn 1. I was so ****ed about the beer sitchyation that I wanted to leave, but the hairs on my arms perked up a little when the drivers all started their cars. When the pace car ducked into pit row and those cars come screaming toward us at a buck ninety, every hair on my body was standing on end. My first thought, was that TV does this sport no justice what-so-ever. The guy next to me was smarter than I as he had brought beer and a scanner. He sold me 3 beers at 4 dollars each(bastage) and let me listen to the scanner some. It was very cool and I had a great time, other than the rubber coming off the hot tires and pelting us in the face. Havn't been able to get to another race since then, but went down in November and drove one of Team Texas' race cars. Do 140mph around that track and it will give you a new found respect for those drivers. Holding the line out of turn 4 is tricky.

TF

Boarder
3/5/2007, 04:12 PM
Oh, and don't take ear plugs. I've never worn earplugs to a NASCAR race (not at Dega, not at Atlanta, and not at Texas Motor Speedway). Renting a radio is a good idea though.
That's one of the worst ideas you can possibly have. It's loud. Ear damaging loud. Either take some ear plugs or rent the scanner with the headphones. Don't sit there without ear protection unless you want to go "Huh?" the rest of your life.

colleyvillesooner
3/5/2007, 04:20 PM
That's one of the worst ideas you can possibly have. It's loud. Ear damaging loud. Either take some ear plugs or rent the scanner with the headphones. Don't sit there without ear protection unless you want to go "Huh?" the rest of your life.

what?

Osce0la
3/5/2007, 04:24 PM
I've never worn ear plugs at any NASCAR or SCCA event (even when we went with one of the guys racing in the SCCA and we hung out in the garage all day). Granted I am still only 23 so the effects of this (and the countless number of rock concerts I've been to) may not have caught up to me yet, but as of now I am still fine.

As for the hot tires popping up on you - I was at the Talladega race a few years ago where Sadler flipped coming to the finish line. He finally landed and slid to a stop and then about 15-20 seconds later all of the grass from the tri-oval came flying up into the stands...We were covered with grass...

Turd_Ferguson
3/5/2007, 04:32 PM
As for the hot tires popping up on you - I was at the Talladega race a few years ago where Sadler flipped coming to the finish line. He finally landed and slid to a stop and then about 15-20 seconds later all of the grass from the tri-oval came flying up into the stands...We were covered with grass...

Only been to TMS and the track in Fontana, Ca. There about the same I think. I have driven by Talledega umpteen times and that track/stadium looks gigantuous.

jk the sooner fan
3/5/2007, 04:34 PM
i did the infield one year at talladega when i was in alabama for a military school.......

good times......

Petro-Sooner
3/5/2007, 04:35 PM
You guys make me want to try out a race. I've never been a fan but watched a decent amount of the first race they had. Awesome finish.

soonersweetie
3/5/2007, 04:38 PM
Been to Phoenix and CA Speedways. I like CA better than PIR. PIR is a huge dirt lot, hot and windy, with one way in and one way out.

I would LOVE to go to Lowe's or Talladega, and especially Bristol at night. Getting tix for the Bristol race is just as difficult as getting OU/tx tix when we're ranked in the top 10. It's crazy.

They are right, tv does this sport no justice. It is soooo cool in person, I just can't even explain. And everyone is sooo nice, even in CA, which shocked me.

Oh, and bring LOTS of money!!

Turd_Ferguson
3/5/2007, 05:00 PM
I would LOVE to go to Lowe's or Talladega, and especially Bristol at night.

I worked in Columbia, SC. for about four months. One of the AT&T tech's ask me to golf with him one Sunday. After we had finished, and were out in the parking lot I noticed he had a 3 on his back window. I told hime about going to the races and how much I liked it. He said, and I quote "If I would have known that, I had pit passes for today's race at Darlington". I wanted to hang a six iron in his teeth!

H8HOGS
3/5/2007, 05:25 PM
i did the infield one year at talladega when i was in alabama for a military school.......

good times......

Talladega infield is like mardi gras with out a dental plan... Outiside the track if you ever wondered where all the used school buses go they were there in the camp ground. Along with every trailer park occupant in Alabama.

Got to Vegas one year it is nuts for NASCAR weekend. The party starts on the flight out Friday morning as most are already drinking on Friday morning by 8am. And basically it stops when you get up Monday morning going WTF did we just do all weekend and now I have to fly all day.
http://www.roushracing.com/matt_kenseth/images/17_carspec_nextel_01.jpg

Boarder
3/5/2007, 06:10 PM
Oh, contrary to popular belief, races are just as much fun sober with your kids. :D

H8HOGS
3/5/2007, 06:56 PM
http://www.roushracing.com/david_ragan/images/6_carspec_nextel_02.jpghttp://http://www.roushracing.com/greg_biffle/images/16_carspec_nextel_01.jpg

OUHOMER
3/5/2007, 07:00 PM
I had season tickets to TMS for a couple of years, I also had a camping pass. I would say I had as much fun in the camping area as I did in the stands. Good people, good food, and some of the craziest **** you ever saw. Take a small ice chest, if you go to http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/AttendingRaces.aspx, you see what you can bring. I still suggest EAR PLUGS, my first race was a Busch race on row 1 turn 1. Let me tell you it was so loud you could not talk to the person next to you..

It will be a long day. Trust me

C&CDean
3/5/2007, 08:24 PM
I've never worn ear plugs at any NASCAR or SCCA event (even when we went with one of the guys racing in the SCCA and we hung out in the garage all day). Granted I am still only 23 so the effects of this (and the countless number of rock concerts I've been to) may not have caught up to me yet, but as of now I am still fine.

No, you're not fine. I'll be 50 in August. I was once a young, dumb, and full of cum nimrod just like you. Only I was much cooler (which pretty much goes without saying). I used to stand on the starting line at NHRA races without ear plugs or putting my fingers in my ears. Went to many, many concerts. Shot thousands of rounds through many assorted firearms. Anyhow, I can't hear thunder. Or crickets. Or squeaky brakes. Or anything with a pitch higher than a baritone. Why? Cause I was a dip**** who went "only pussies wear ear plugs to races."

Keep being cool and not wearing your earplugs. Check back in a decade or two. Let us know how much you can't hear anymore.

Turd_Ferguson
3/5/2007, 08:54 PM
No, you're not fine. I'll be 50 in August. I was once a young, dumb, and full of cum nimrod just like you. Only I was much cooler (which pretty much goes without saying). I used to stand on the starting line at NHRA races without ear plugs or putting my fingers in my ears. Went to many, many concerts. Shot thousands of rounds through many assorted firearms. Anyhow, I can't hear thunder. Or crickets. Or squeaky brakes. Or anything with a pitch higher than a baritone. Why? Cause I was a dip**** who went "only pussies wear ear plugs to races."

Keep being cool and not wearing your earplugs. Check back in a decade or two. Let us know how much you can't hear anymore.

Maybe it was just me, but the race didn't seem that loud to me. I have stood on pit row(exhaust pointing straight at me)and it wasn't no where near as loud as Van Halen in 84 at the myriad. Tractor pulls at the enclosed arena at the fair grounds or the air show with the Blue Angel's, Yes!

Edit: By the way, I'm 40

Rogue
3/5/2007, 09:08 PM
I live about 20 minutes from "the fastest 1/2 mile in racing" - Bristol Motor Speedway. I dig the time trials and I've been in person. If you told me you had parking passes and a luxury box I'd go to the race, otherwise I'll watch from the house. And with 160,000 people and 43 cars all haulin' *** it is louder than most concerts I've been to. The scanner only worked half the time when I rented it so I'm not sold on that yet.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/elim_bms_xl.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/header_left_logo.gif

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/6484904_7_1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/6484900_7_3.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
3/5/2007, 09:17 PM
It's amazing to watch the in car camera's at Bristol. The driver sinks about 6" through the turns.;)

Spray
3/5/2007, 11:37 PM

good times......

Oh the stories I could tell...

Good times, indeedy.

Sooner24
3/5/2007, 11:43 PM
I live about 20 minutes from "the fastest 1/2 mile in racing" - Bristol Motor Speedway. I dig the time trials and I've been in person. If you told me you had parking passes and a luxury box I'd go to the race, otherwise I'll watch from the house. And with 160,000 people and 43 cars all haulin' *** it is louder than most concerts I've been to. The scanner only worked half the time when I rented it so I'm not sold on that yet.

:D Now I know where I am going to stay if I ever make it out to the Bristol night race. :D

batonrougesooner
3/6/2007, 12:01 AM
So should I buy a parking pass?

How low is too low in the stands? What is the lowest row that still provides an acceptable view? Is it possible to be too high?

Sooner24
3/6/2007, 12:28 AM
My buddy is a big NASCAR fan and we are planning on meeting up in Ft. Worth next month to watch a race.

I don't know much about the sport. I do find it somewhat entertaining when they are on television. I know who the big drivers are but not much else. Anyone care to give me a "crash course"? (pun not entirely intended).

I have been to every Cup race, every Busch race, most of the truck races and most of the IRL races at TMS so I can probably tell you just about anything you want to know.

Where are you staying? This is important because the direction you are coming from will dictate what time you need to leave to get to the track.

Now I will tell you the two most important words I can tell if making a trip to TMS.

EXPRESS PARKING!!!!

I can not stress enough how valuable this will be if you time is worth anything. The parking pass is $40 and it is the best money you can spend at the race. It has never taken us more the 15 minutes from the time we get to the car until we are headed north on I-35. If you want to park for free then you will spend anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours getting out of the parking lot.

There are free trams that will pick you up and drop you off outside the track. They circle the track so no matter where you park a tram will be along in a few minutes. All the trams run clockwise around the track so if you get on at the far north end of the track it will circle all the way back around. Even at that it still beats walking from one end of the track to the other. Progressive Insurance also has golf carts that pick people up and will drop you off but finding one empty is usually hard to find.

Food and drink can be taken into the track but your ice chest can not be over a certain size. We usually take a small ice chest that holds about a dozen drinks and we usually don't drink all we take. We take some snack stuff in just to keep from buying food at the track but I always get a Fletchers corndog (yes the same ones sold at the State Fair of Texas) when I go.

A scanner will make the race experience that much more enjoyable. I have my own scanner so I have never rented one. The ones they rent are set up so all you have to do is turn it on and it is pre-programmed. Like I said I own my scanner so I am not sure what the cost of renting one will be. One word of advise, if you wait to long I have seen all the scanner trailers be out of scanners way before the race starts.

Last year Sprint came out with a thing called FanView. It is rented at the track and has a bunch of bells and whistles. You can watch the race from the drivers view see replays and a bunch of other stuff. I have watched people at the track using these things and it seems they spend more time looking at their FanView then watching the race live. For me I will just stick to my scanner. Just incase you are interested here’s a link.

http://www.nextel.com/en/promotions/racing.shtml

Get there early enough at least for the driver introductions and the fly over.

If you have any questions that I have not addressed here send me a PM and I will answer anything I can.

Sooner24
3/6/2007, 12:40 AM
So should I buy a parking pass?

How low is too low in the stands? What is the lowest row that still provides an acceptable view? Is it possible to be too high?

I had started typing before you posted this so the answer is YES on the parking.

If you don't already have tickets then don't buy anything lower the row 20. Our seats are on row 26 and I would not really want to be seated any lower then that. Yes you can be too high. Once you get above a certain row there is the possibilty you will be looking around a steel beam all afternoon. I want to say, but I am not positive, if you are above row 50 you might have a problem. Once again I am not positive how high is too high but if you call TMS they can tell you. 1-(817)215-8401 Also make sure you are not so far around in turn one or turn four that you can not see the pits. The pit stops are one of the things that really make the race.

Get there in time to walk all along the front stretch before the race. It is kind of like going to the fair only with a bunch of freebies handed out. Drivers will be at their trailers signing autographs, usually during the Busch race on Saturday or really early Sunday morning. Some make you wait in a line to get a ticket for an autograph but some are just signing for whoever shows up. Mostly the rookies are doing the anytime thing.

Sooner24
3/6/2007, 12:46 AM
One thing about the trams. After reading what I posted I made it sound like you park and a tram will pick you up. This is not the case. You park walk to the road that circles the track and a tram will pick you up. With Express Parking you are virtually at the road that circles the track. Sorry if there was some confusion on this.

batonrougesooner
3/6/2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the tips. I think I'll go the express parking route as you suggest.

I went ahead and bought some tickets a few minutes ago. Pit side upper secton 421 row 48. From studying the seating chart, this doesn't look like a bad location. The way I understand this it is 48 rows from the front row and it is just inside the "bend" towards the fourth turn from the front stretch. I equate these to about 30 yd line seats in football.;)

Turd_Ferguson
3/6/2007, 01:16 AM
Don't forget your ear plugs, gas mask for the exhaust, eye protection for the tire bb's and a helmet in case one of their tranny's comes loose.

Sooner24
3/6/2007, 01:17 AM
421 is okay as far as seeing the pits. You will be near the back end of pit road but you can see all the way down the pits from there. As far as being too high I am not sure but you will be able to see all the way around the track from there. Where are you staying that weekend and are you only going to the Cup race?

batonrougesooner
3/6/2007, 01:34 AM
Just going down for the day on Sunday. I assume we will leave OKC at the crack of dawn at the latest.

Boarder
3/6/2007, 07:58 AM
Maybe it was just me, but the race didn't seem that loud to me. I have stood on pit row(exhaust pointing straight at me)and it wasn't no where near as loud as Van Halen in 84 at the myriad. Tractor pulls at the enclosed arena at the fair grounds or the air show with the Blue Angel's, Yes!

It's just as loud as those. :les: YOU JUST CAN'T HEAR IT ANYMORE!

soonernation
3/6/2007, 09:38 AM
I got my camping passes in the mail yesterday. I'm ready to go today. For those of you who have the chance to camp at TMS you should do it at least once.

H8HOGS
3/6/2007, 09:40 AM
I can not stress enough how valuable this will be if you time is worth anything. The parking pass is $40 and it is the best money you can spend at the race. It has never taken us more the 15 minutes from the time we get to the car until we are headed north on I-35. If you want to park for free then you will spend anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours getting out of the parking lot.

We always park for free in turn 4 just past the camping area. Park up close get tickets at the entrance to pit road and when the race is over race to the car and we have never been slowed up in getting out on 35w north. I have done this 5 years and have been on 35w in the same 15 minutes.

Osce0la
3/6/2007, 11:29 AM

That is what I was thinking. I have been to rock concerts that seemed louder than Talladega. I went a few years ago and we were three rows up from the track, and it still didn't seem that loud - and that is with all 43 cars running within 2 seconds of each other...

And Dean, I don't leave the earplugs at home because I think it is cool - I've just never had the desire to wear them as it never seemed that loud. I'm not saying I won't pay for it in the future (as I said in my post - maybe it just hasn't caught up to me yet)...

Osce0la
3/6/2007, 11:31 AM
Oh, and if you do ever go to Talladega, the best place to sit is up in the towers. You don't want to be too close to the track because that place is so huge you won't be able to see the back stretch...

A couple of years ago I went and did the usher thing at Talladega and spent the entire day on Saturday on the top row of the tallest tower (can't remember the name of it - the one beside Moss Thornton). That very top row was probably the best view you could get. I saw every bit of the action for the Busch race.

OKLA21FAN
3/6/2007, 12:11 PM
and the tri-oval towers at Dega, actually rock back and fourth. it is an wierd feeling.

BTW, the the backstratch at Dega is the 'best value' in all of nascar imo. 65 bucks for the whole weekend.

Sooner24
3/6/2007, 01:44 PM
My wifes uncle has been to Dega and he said the towers are the only way to go.

BigRedJed
3/6/2007, 01:53 PM
I'm not really a fan of NASCAR. I don't hate it; it just doesn't do anything for me. Pretty much the only time I watch it on TV is when I want to take a nap. Lulls me right to sleep.

But the one race I went to was the inaugural at Texas Motor Speedway, and I'll say this: the TV doesn't do the sport justice at all. I really had no concept of how fast those guys are going until seeing it transpire 50' away from me. And I agree with the posters who said traffic was teh succ.

Osce0la
3/6/2007, 01:58 PM
Towers are the best way to go at Dega - that's why they're so damn expensive. You'd pay at least twice the amount for a tower ticket for just the Sunday race as you would pay for a backstretch seat for the weekend at Dega. The view from the towers is awesome though.

OKLA21FAN
3/6/2007, 02:01 PM
if it is a one time thing, yes the tri-oval towers is the best. if one goes every year, the 'bang for your buck' luster is lost in the tower after a race or two.

and actually, a tower ticket is about 4 times the price of my backstretch tickets.

Osce0la
3/6/2007, 02:06 PM
if it is a one time thing, yes the tri-oval towers is the best. if one goes every year, the 'bang for your buck' luster is lost in the tower after a race or two.

and actually, a tower ticket is about 4 times the price of my backstretch tickets.
Yeah, I meant to add in that if you can get a tower ticket for double the price of a weekend ticket on the backstretch you did pretty good.

SoonerAcesUp
3/6/2007, 05:40 PM
Every year I've went we have sit in the lower section in Moss-Thorton for about $70. You can see pretty much everything but the backstretch. Although, they do have the big screen monitors that sit right in front of that section so you don't miss a thing. I think I'll probably keep sitting there just because I don't want to pay for the tower seats and like being that close to the action. I bought one of those FanView gadgets last year and loved it!

H8HOGS
3/6/2007, 06:49 PM
Every year I've went we have sit in the lower section in Moss-Thorton for about $70. You can see pretty much everything but the backstretch. Although, they do have the big screen monitors that sit right in front of that section so you don't miss a thing. I think I'll probably keep sitting there just because I don't want to pay for the tower seats and like being that close to the action. I bought one of those FanView gadgets last year and loved it!

Dega has to offer something because the racin sucks... So they make it a red neck mardi gras..

VeeJay
3/6/2007, 10:55 PM
Don't forget your ear plugs, gas mask for the exhaust, eye protection for the tire bb's and a helmet in case one of their tranny's comes loose.

Who da?? What thu??

Transsexuals are now NASCAR fans???

Gawd. What do us hillbillies have left to call our own?

C&CDean
3/6/2007, 11:01 PM
Saying "dega" is pretty much gay.

soonernation
4/8/2007, 09:09 PM
How many of you hillbillies are going to the race next week?

Sooner24
4/22/2007, 11:33 PM
So who went to the race/races?

We decided to not go down Friday because the weather looked like it was going to get bad and it did. We did go down Saturday, (felt like football weather) and Sunday, (felt like late spring).

Blue
4/22/2007, 11:46 PM
Saying "dega" is pretty much gay.

You're right. It's Digga.

Harry Beanbag
4/23/2007, 06:32 AM
I went to the Phoenix race Saturday night, first one for me. It's a helluva party.

batonrougesooner
4/23/2007, 10:33 AM
My buddy and I went. I loved it.

When the cars were running around the track before the official start I could tell this was going to be an interesting experience. When the pace car left the track and the race started I immediately realized I was going to enjoy the day.

The sound of those engines was incredible! My favorite part of the day was the start and restarts.

Had a great time. Can't wait to go back.

soonersweetie
4/23/2007, 04:39 PM
Was at the race on Friday and Saturday. Had a great time! Great weather! I personally love the night races more than the day races.

Harry Beanbag
4/23/2007, 05:02 PM
I had a blast too, 17 straight hours of drinking is always fun. Somehow a Boomer Sooner chant got started in the men's room after the race. Kinda cool, kinda weird. :)

Rogue
4/23/2007, 06:01 PM
I got to see the Oklahoma Centennial car get brutalized repeatedly at the Bristol Busch race this spring. I've been to Bristol a few times.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/cjrogue/centennialcar.jpg

OUFAN29
4/26/2007, 02:07 PM
I got to see the Oklahoma Centennial car get brutalized repeatedly at the Bristol Busch race this spring. I've been to Bristol a few times.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/cjrogue/centennialcar.jpg

The 23 had a different Oklahoma Centennial paintjob on Friday. Capital on the hood with fireworks over the rest of the car.
I was glad Clint Bowyer won Friday. Wished it would have been a sweep. Go Jack Daniel's 07!!!

OKLA21FAN
4/27/2007, 01:53 PM
the 'campsite' at TMS a couple of weeks ago

good times

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u255/okla21fan/2007springTMS005.jpg

soonersweetie
4/27/2007, 02:09 PM
love the OU dish painted red/white. Didn't know you could do that.