PDA

View Full Version : So... I lost the cord for my phone...

Melo
3/4/2007, 09:36 PM
That connects the phone to my computer.

This could get ugly.

Last time I saw it, it was on my bed, where I had attempted to connect my phone. That was MONTHS ago. Who KNOWS where it is now.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

setem
3/4/2007, 09:54 PM
I lost my iPod once! Never found it!

The official help Ryan re-buy his Ipod thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68536)

Melo
3/4/2007, 10:00 PM
I lose all kinds of important things and then find them in weird places.

Since the first time, I promised myself I would never leave the SO devoid of my lost item search occurances.

royalfan5
3/4/2007, 10:21 PM
I have found that a slavish devotion to routine keeps me from losing stuff. Back in my heavy drinking days, that routine created a drunk autopilot that kept me from ever losing anything of value.

OCUDad
3/4/2007, 10:23 PM
I have found that a slavish devotion to routine keeps me from losing stuff. Back in my heavy drinking days, that routine created a drunk autopilot that kept me from ever losing anything of value.Except, of course, your dignity. :D

tommieharris91
3/4/2007, 10:28 PM
I have found that a slavish devotion to routine keeps me from losing stuff. Back in my heavy drinking days, that routine created a drunk autopilot that kept me from ever losing anything of value.

How do y'all do it...?

bri
3/4/2007, 10:31 PM
Have you looked in Abiline?

OklahomaTuba
3/4/2007, 10:38 PM
Phoneless cords are all the rage these days I hear.

royalfan5
3/4/2007, 10:40 PM
How do y'all do it...?
I always put everything in the same place when I am done with it. Wallet, watch phone all go in the same place. After you repeat that enough it just becomes an unconscious habit. Muscle Memory can work in your favor. I have a system for passing out at someone elses place too. Everything goes in my shoes, and if I sleep on the floor, I do it with my head under a coffee table to protect my neck from being stepped on. Everyone should have a drunk system to protect themselves.

soonerboomer93
3/4/2007, 10:40 PM

One time I thought I'd lost my phone at the bar. Even tried to call and the phone didn't ring. The one of the bar girls found it, had fallen out of my pocket and the battery fell out of it.

soonerboomer93
3/4/2007, 10:45 PM
I always put everything in the same place when I am done with it. Wallet, watch phone all go in the same place. After you repeat that enough it just becomes an unconscious habit. Muscle Memory can work in your favor. I have a system for passing out at someone elses place too. Everything goes in my shoes, and if I sleep on the floor, I do it with my head under a coffee table to protect my neck from being stepped on. Everyone should have a drunk system to protect themselves.

I just that, passing out only at my apartment works best.

Last time I passed out without going to my apartment, it was some hotel. I woke up and they had the heat on like 900 degrees. (although at the time before I passed out I was way too drunk to drive, but the hotel made a convenient location for extra cirrucular activities)

Melo
3/4/2007, 10:50 PM
Ive looked in the obvious places - in my nightstand, where I keep the recharging cord and the earphones thing that goes with it. But not only am I missing that usb/phone cord, now I'm missing the phone headphone converter cord. Goddamn these cords!

Now tomorrow instead of taking a nap or just sitting around, I have to tear apart my room...:mad:

SicEmBaylor
3/4/2007, 10:55 PM
Look in the freezer.

proud gonzo
3/4/2007, 11:29 PM
seems to be a pattern ;)

hurricane'bone
3/4/2007, 11:42 PM
Have you looked in Abiline?

She would...but her ride would end up in Amarillo

SicEmBaylor
3/4/2007, 11:50 PM
Funny story about my friend who inadvertently took us to Abilene....

He and I met up with another friend of mine up from Austin on Friday night at this bar in Waco called Crickets. We're sitting at a table in the back having a beer (if anyone wants to know I was drinking Shiner) when this middle aged woman comes up and just sits down at our table.

She looks at us and the conversation goes as follows:
Woman: Do you all go to Baylor and don't I know you guys?
SicEm: I don't think so...
Friend who got lost driving to Abilene: Yes, we go to Baylor.
Woman: Really? For how long?
Friend: Seven years...
Woman: Why so long?
Friend: I don't want to get a real job.
Woman: UGH! That is the worst pick-up line I have ever heard!

And then she storms off...

soonerboomer93
3/5/2007, 12:06 AM
wow...

hurricane'bone
3/5/2007, 12:23 AM
You totally just blew a chance with a cougar....

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2007, 12:29 AM
You totally just blew a chance with a cougar....

I had to look that up on urban dictionary but the definition describes this woman PERFECTLY.
She wasn't wearing a skirt though, she had on some tight stretchy black pants of some sort.

tommieharris91
3/5/2007, 12:48 AM
Funny story about my friend who inadvertently took us to Abilene....

He and I met up with another friend of mine up from Austin on Friday night at this bar in Waco called Crickets. We're sitting at a table in the back having a beer (if anyone wants to know I was drinking Shiner) when this middle aged woman comes up and just sits down at our table.

She looks at us and the conversation goes as follows:
Woman: Do you all go to Baylor and don't I know you guys?
SicEm: I don't think so...
Friend who got lost driving to Abilene: Yes, we go to Baylor.
Woman: Really? For how long?
Friend: Seven years...
Woman: Why so long?
Friend: I don't want to get a real job.
Woman: UGH! That is the worst pick-up line I have ever heard!

And then she storms off...

Did she have a stench of moonshine, or was it just her time of the month? Or maybe she started menopause right in front of you...?

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2007, 12:51 AM
Did she have a stench of moonshine, or was it just her time of the month? Or maybe she started menopause right in front of you...?

I have no logical answer for the episode. My guess is that she was throwing herself at one of us and that all she wanted was for one of us to make some sort of pass at her which didn't happen and she got ****ed.

tommieharris91
3/5/2007, 12:54 AM
She probably threw herself at everyone else in the bar. Be glad you didn't get that one. She would have just give you many more woman problems.

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2007, 01:03 AM
She probably threw herself at everyone else in the bar. Be glad you didn't get that one. She would have just give you many more woman problems.

She was. She went directly from us to some other poor sap.

soonerboomer93
3/5/2007, 01:08 AM
yes, but you came home and posted on soonerfans,

he went home and got some cougar...

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2007, 01:11 AM
yes, but you came home and posted on soonerfans,

I didn't post until 2 days later.

tommieharris91
3/5/2007, 01:13 AM

And some diseases...

soonerboomer93
3/5/2007, 01:19 AM
There's a reason they make condoms

heck, mary beth next door could be even more diseased then the cougar, but she looks clean so you'll **** her without even thinking about it

soonerboomer93
3/5/2007, 01:23 AM
I didn't post until 2 days later.

I said posted, not posted the story

tommieharris91
3/5/2007, 01:25 AM
But Mary Beth next door probably looks a lot better than cougar in the bar... and hopefully doesn't have any kids yet.

hurricane'bone
3/5/2007, 01:29 AM
You ain't taking the cougar home to meet the parents.

soonerboomer93
3/5/2007, 01:31 AM
exactly, and you're not going to her home to meet the kiddo's

and heck, there's a reason for doggystyle...

tommieharris91
3/5/2007, 01:35 AM
Still, Mary Beth probably looks better, and unlike rugged cougar, also probably has a voice higher than mine. I really don't want to hear any low grunts when I'm pounding a chic doggystyle.