PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Men's bracket

Jay C. Upchurch
3/4/2007, 01:14 AM
2007 PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 MEN’S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Ford Center)

Thursday, March 8 TV Time (CT)
No. 8 Iowa State vs. No. 9 Oklahoma ESPN Plus & ESPNU 11:30 a.m.

No. 5 Texas Tech vs. No. 12 Colorado ESPN Plus & ESPNU 2:00 p.m.

No. 7 Oklahoma State vs. No. 10 Nebraska ESPN Plus 6:00 p.m.

No. 6 Missouri vs. No. 11 Baylor ESPN2 8:30 p.m.

Friday, March 9

No. 1 Kansas vs. ISU/OU winner ESPN Plus & ESPNU 11:30 a.m.

No. 4 Kansas State vs. TTU/CU winner ESPN Plus & ESPNU 2:00 p.m.

No. 2 Texas A&M vs. OSU/NU winner ESPN Plus 6:00 p.m.

No. 3 Texas vs. MU/BU winner ESPN Plus 8:20 p.m.

Saturday, March 10
Friday Afternoon Winners ESPN Plus and ESPN2** 1:00 p.m.

Friday Evening Winners ESPN Plus and ESPN2** 3:20 p.m.

Sunday, March 11
Semifinal Winners ESPN 2:00 p.m.

All times listed as Central and subject to change

** - Telecast shown on ESPN Plus stations in Big 12 markets, on ESPN2 nationally

colleyvillesooner
3/4/2007, 03:06 AM
Well, crap. Woulda liked that 7 or 10 seed.

royalfan5
3/4/2007, 10:15 AM
Hmm, NU will play the Pokes back to back.

Sooner24
3/4/2007, 10:19 AM
Works out good for me and my group. The mens game is early the womens game late.

Scott D
3/4/2007, 10:24 AM
nice, one and done or two and done ;)

colleyvillesooner
3/4/2007, 10:30 AM
Hmm, NU will play the Pokes back to back.

That first one on Monday oughtta be a thriller. Gett ready to see a whole crapload of Hatch ,aka "Spike"

yermom
3/4/2007, 10:49 AM
nice, one and done or two and done ;)

if we do play Kansas, i can't imagine they are going to be too happy to see us

of course, they would probably forget about that after halftime :(

OUSKINS
3/4/2007, 12:24 PM
If we lose to ISU, we obviously have a 0% chance at the NIT. If we beat to ISU and lose to KU, I'd say we have a SLIGHT chance at the NIT, but it would be VERY slight. If we beat ISU and KU, then we are a lock for the NIT. Of course, at that point, we might as well try to win the whole thing :)

My best guess?

I say we bounce back and get an ugly win against ISU and then hang for awhile, but wind up losing by double-digits to KU.

Wind up being one of the last teams left out of the NIT.

Boffingham
3/4/2007, 12:35 PM
It's always nice to take a losing streak into a tournament

OUstud
3/4/2007, 12:46 PM
Oh well. At least I may get to miss some school Thursday. :pop:

soonervegas
3/4/2007, 07:41 PM
Of the three KU, A&M, and Texas....our best shot is against KU.

Newbomb Turk
3/4/2007, 08:04 PM
Of the three KU, A&M, and Texas....our best shot is against KU.

I think it's vs. aTm.

tommieharris91
3/4/2007, 10:18 PM
I think Texas is the weakest of the top 3. :pop:

Kansas = too well conditioned. Also many, many scorers, very deep.
ATM = too clutch. deep.

Texas doesn't seem as deep as the other 2. It will just depend on how long Durant and Augustin can carry them.

John Kochtoston
3/4/2007, 10:35 PM
I think Texas is the weakest of the top 3. :pop:

Kansas = too well conditioned. Also many, many scorers, very deep.
ATM = too clutch. deep.

Texas doesn't seem as deep as the other 2. It will just depend on how long Durant and Augustin can carry them.

Agreed, but I also think Texas provides the biggest matchup problem for OU.

SleestakSooner
3/5/2007, 12:13 AM
It's always nice to take a losing streak into a tournament
---------------------------------------
I'm an underachiever, and an idiot

Fixed :P

Soonerus
3/5/2007, 12:22 AM
Sooners probably just need to end the misery...

colleyvillesooner
3/5/2007, 12:23 AM
Agreed, but I also think Texas provides the biggest matchup problem for OU.

ding

Boffingham
3/5/2007, 08:37 AM
It doesn't matter who is the worst of the top 3, we aren't even gonna get that far. I love the Sooners more than most, but this season actually taught me about reality vs. hope. I do "hope" the Sooners pull off a Idaho-like miracle (maybe even make a movie of it), but I'm being realistic this season. We only have to watch 1 more game this season and finally look forward to a good season again next year.

But if we do win a couple games, maybe even 4, then I'll stick my size 13 (shoe) in my mouth and sing "Boomer Sooner"

lubbocksooner
3/5/2007, 08:51 AM
I don't think it is the best draw but at least we get a chance to redeem ourselves vs. Iowa St. It would take a miracle to beat KU but it has happened before.

Good luck fellas.

GoState
3/5/2007, 10:24 AM
It doesn't matter who is the worst of the top 3, we aren't even gonna get that far. I love the Sooners more than most, but this season actually taught me about reality vs. hope. I do "hope" the Sooners pull off a Idaho-like miracle (maybe even make a movie of it), but I'm being realistic this season. We only have to watch 1 more game this season and finally look forward to a good season again next year.

I feel pretty much the same way about OSU at this point. No matter who OSU or OU plays (and hopefully beats) in the first round, those 2nd round games will most likely be ugly. Who would've thought that there would be a year where the state of Oklahoma's hopes for, at best, one NCAA tournament team would rest with ORU?

NormanPride
3/5/2007, 11:17 AM
And in a year where we host the Big 12... man, that's just too bad. Who knows, maybe the "home court" will help us.

soonervegas
3/5/2007, 11:32 AM
Texas = matchup problems just like everyone said.
Texas A&M = we can try to make it an ugly game, but they love that just as much.
Kansas = doesn't like to play ugly and has a tendency to have mental lapses.

KU is our best shot to get to Saturday. Don't get me wrong...I think our season ends Friday.

John Kochtoston
3/5/2007, 12:52 PM
The one thing nice about Kansas is that they really aren't playing for much. I don't think the can play their way into a 1 seed, and I don't think they can stink their way out of a 2 seed. Texas is clearly playing for seeding, and A&M is a 'tweener 2/3 team right now.

OSUAggie
3/5/2007, 04:24 PM
I'd rather have the 12 seed than the 7... We'll probably get beat by Nebraska in the course of 4 days, something that probably hasn't been done since... well, ever.

Newbomb Turk
3/5/2007, 06:07 PM
The one thing nice about Kansas is that they really aren't playing for much. I don't think the can play their way into a 1 seed, and I don't think they can stink their way out of a 2 seed.

I'm not sure I read this right. Are you saying Kansas can't get a 1 seed?

I think if they get to the b-12 champ game they are a lock for a 1 seed.

colleyvillesooner
3/5/2007, 06:21 PM
kinda what I was thinking.

John Kochtoston
3/5/2007, 07:42 PM
I'm not sure I read this right. Are you saying Kansas can't get a 1 seed?

I think if they get to the b-12 champ game they are a lock for a 1 seed.

No, you read it right. I see the No. 1 seeds as Carolina, Wisky, Ohio State and UCLA.

Now, if one of those teams suffers an upset in the conf. tourneys, especially Wisconsin, then I think one of the Top seeds opens. I also think if that happens, Fla. will get it. Kansas' RPI is 15, while the other five teams have Top-10 RPIs. Kansas also only has one win against the RPI Top 25 (not entirely their fault, as the Big XII North sucks), while the other five have many such wins.

Let's put it this way. I'll be suprised, but not shocked, if Kansas is a 1 seed, even after winning the Big 12 tournment.

Boffingham
3/5/2007, 07:43 PM
We have to win the tourney to get in, right?

John Kochtoston
3/5/2007, 07:57 PM
We have to win the tourney to get in, right?

Barring a miscarriage of justice that actually goes in our favor this time, yes.