PDA

View Full Version : So I just took Jr out for her first drive of a car (edit for for 1tc)

Howzit
3/3/2007, 07:42 PM
Lawsy.

The end.

1stTimeCaller
3/3/2007, 07:45 PM
I'll pass on the joke.

Did you get whiplash? Does she want to kill you right now? We're going to need details.

Howzit
3/3/2007, 07:48 PM
No whiplash. No wanting to kill me. But this was on roads with not much traffic. It's gonna be a while before I let her out on regular Dallas roads.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/3/2007, 07:52 PM
I remember the first time my Dad let me drive. It was in his brand new sports car that he was in love with.

I remember screaming. And darkness. And lots of screaming.

I blocked out the rest.

Howzit
3/3/2007, 07:59 PM
I remember the first time my Dad let me drive. It was in his brand new sports car that he was in love with.

I blocked out the rest.

Like I was gonna let her drive MY car...

;)

BajaOklahoma
3/3/2007, 09:21 PM
Lil Baja took a driving class. On her third lesson in the car, she drove on 75 and Bush. :0
Having someone else teach them has worked out for us, they seem to listen better.

usmc-sooner
3/3/2007, 09:45 PM
I learned to drive on the farm, and my dad had a standard. Man that sucked.

Howzit
3/3/2007, 10:10 PM
Lil Baja took a driving class. On her third lesson in the car, she drove on 75 and Bush. :0
Having someone else teach them has worked out for us, they seem to listen better.

Holee carp... 75? My hope is Jr NEVER gets on 75...

She's actually in a driving class now and goes out on the road next week. I agree, that's probably going to work well, but she got her permit this week and I figure it's gotta happen sooner or later.

SoonerGirl06
3/3/2007, 10:12 PM

And I'm sure it saved you from having a few heart attacks as well. ;)

I'll never forget the look on my dad's face when he tried to teach me to drive for the first time. I think it was the most frightening experience he'd ever gone through... including the Vietnam war! :D

Howzit
3/3/2007, 10:13 PM
I learned to drive on the farm, and my dad had a standard. Man that sucked.

:D

Yeah I drove standards in the beginning. In fact, I had a wreck the first day I had my license...happened while racing with my best friend. :D

Not that Jr knows that. I revel in the multiple levels of hypocricy in which I find myself these days.

H8HOGS
3/3/2007, 10:33 PM
I remember the first time my boyfriend let me drive. It was in his brand new sports car and he was in love with me.

I blocked out the rest.

Was this a date or driving or both?

BajaOklahoma
3/3/2007, 10:45 PM
My mother tried to teach me how to drive her old car, a 3-on-the-tree.
When I was in college, I bought an old car with a 4-on-the-floor. My future husband taught me how to drive it. There is a hill in OKC, on 6th street or 10th street - the stop light is at the crest of the hill. So he has me drive up the hill, the light turns red - and it is a miracle that the car behind me didn't get front-ended.

royalfan5
3/3/2007, 10:45 PM
I remember when I was 12 and my Uncle decided that I was old enough to drive the old truck on county roads to haul bales. Good times.

jk the sooner fan
3/3/2007, 11:07 PM
my dad taught me how to drive a standard in his 280zx.......tightest clutch ever

LOTS AND LOTS of cursing

at me

1stTimeCaller
3/3/2007, 11:11 PM
My mom taught me to drive when I was 11 in my dad's Probe GT. They were tired of me always asking them to move the car out of the driveway so I could shoot hoop. One of the benefits of growing up in Chickasha was that I started driving part time when I was 14.

LilSooner
3/3/2007, 11:22 PM
My dad would let me set on his lap and steer coming home from Dallas to Justin when I was 8 years old. It wasn't until I was 15 and my grandpa would let me drive to basketball practice in the mornings.

I hope to never have to teach my unborn children to drive.

royalfan5
3/3/2007, 11:25 PM
When I was three, I accidentally put my aunts car in gear, and backed it into a fence. I liked to play with steering wheels at that age, and the wheel locked up, and I knocked it into gear in the driveway while trying to get it unlocked.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/4/2007, 12:07 AM

I blocked out the rest.The first time I drove, my Dad let me back the car out of the garage. He forgot to tell me which was the accelarator and which was the brake. The car ended up in the across the street neighbor's yard.

IronSooner
3/4/2007, 12:15 AM
The first time I drove, my Dad let me back the car out of the garage. He forgot to tell me which was the accelarator and which was the brake. The car ended up in the across the street neighbor's yard.

He probably should've given you an orange crate to sit on too.

I did some backing up when I was young, then when I was 13 or so got to actually drive for a few stretches on the way to Colorado. The most nerve-wracking was when I was 10 or 11 and he'd have me shift from the passenger seat. That was an adventure.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/4/2007, 12:20 AM
Ha ha, very funny. It was a phone book.

IronSooner
3/4/2007, 12:27 AM
Ha ha, very funny. It was a phone book for all of China.

Fixed.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/4/2007, 12:28 AM
Oh that's it. . .heel kicks next time I see you. They may even be ankle kicks cause I've been lifting weights.