PDA

View Full Version : Rotnei Clarke

SoonerAcesUp
3/3/2007, 02:37 PM
Anybody know if we are recruiting him? I went to watch him play in the area finals last night in Bixby against Adair and he went off for 57 points and had 36 at the half. I have no doubts he will excel at the next level after watching him last night so he might as well be a Sooner in '08-'09 season.

John Kochtoston
3/3/2007, 06:42 PM
Oh, yes, we are. And, yes, he's a stud.

goingoneight
3/5/2007, 02:15 AM
Is this the kid who shot 100 three pointers for the Arkansas coach and sunk 94 of them? I was impressed by his stats, and he seems to be a standup kid too, according to how the TW described him. I keep hoping him or that other kid who is a soft evrbal to aggy commit to Capel, Co. They both look like solid candidates to build a program on.

boomersooner28
3/5/2007, 01:34 PM
Kid can flat out play. There is one problem though. He has always dreamed of playing for North Carolina. I have a feeling that if he keeps improving and gets an offer from UNC, he will be gone. We NEED him badly.

The Consumate Showman
3/6/2007, 09:48 AM
Kid can flat out play. There is one problem though. He has always dreamed of playing for North Carolina. I have a feeling that if he keeps improving and gets an offer from UNC, he will be gone. We NEED him badly.

Don't think he'll be THAT big of a recruit. Blake Griffin is a 5 star and one of the highest rated players in the nation and UNC didn't offer. Now, having said that, Blake and Rotnei do play different positions, but I think UNC will be able to find a "higher rated" PG/SG to recruit out on the east coast. I might be totally wrong, he may wind up being a coveted recruit, but hopefully we can land him...we DO need him.........B A D L Y.

OSUAggie
3/6/2007, 11:04 AM
Is this the kid who shot 100 three pointers for the Arkansas coach and sunk 94 of them? I was impressed by his stats, and he seems to be a standup kid too, according to how the TW described him. I keep hoping him or that other kid who is a soft evrbal to aggy commit to Capel, Co. They both look like solid candidates to build a program on.

Who is this "soft evrbal to aggy commit" of which you speak?

birddog
3/6/2007, 11:21 AM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=542533

Collier11
3/6/2007, 12:25 PM
The one problem that I see is that Capel would likely use him at the point cus he is only 6ft, therefore that might limit his shooting. What say you??? Maybe he is a better version of Greg paulus cus that kid can shoot and he is a point, just turns it over too much!!

OSUAggie
3/6/2007, 12:42 PM
He's not as quick as Paulus. He has 2-guard quickness with a 1-guard body. I see him as a star for a Missouri State or Tulsa.. About 15-20 minute-type player for a higher D-1 team that can be a solid contributor.

Collier11
3/6/2007, 01:01 PM
Maybe he could end up being a better shooting version of Quannas? Im trying here!

Salt City Sooner
3/6/2007, 02:38 PM
Quannas is the all time 3 pt. percentage leader at OU. That'd be saying something if he turns out better.

Collier11
3/6/2007, 02:45 PM
I know it was ungaurded, but I doubt that quannas every hit 94 out of 100 threes.

starrca23
3/6/2007, 03:12 PM
Clarke is a gammer. He makes plays that you think he can't. His sis can play too.

Frozen Sooner
3/6/2007, 05:03 PM
I think he's going to wind up at Tulsa.

birddog
3/6/2007, 08:20 PM
The one problem that I see is that Capel would likely use him at the point cus he is only 6ft, therefore that might limit his shooting. What say you??? Maybe he is a better version of Greg paulus cus that kid can shoot and he is a point, just turns it over too much!!

if you read the link i posted, they seem to think he will end up being 6'3 or taller. but who the hell knows?

Collier11
3/7/2007, 12:04 AM
im not gonna count on him growing 3 inches, he may but I was supposed to be 6'6'' and I peaked at 6'2'' so like you said, who knows?

OSUAggie
3/7/2007, 01:46 AM
He beat Jeremy Case's "record" by 1 shot... What's Jeremy Case up to these days?

birddog
3/7/2007, 11:03 AM
He beat Jeremy Case's "record" by 1 shot... What's Jeremy Case up to these days?

http://kuathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/case_jeremy00.html

OSUAggie
3/7/2007, 12:38 PM
exactly...

fwsooner22
3/7/2007, 06:48 PM
exactly...

Hey Aggie....you still cussing people out for telling that your team isn't going to any tournament.............????????????

King Crimson
3/7/2007, 08:05 PM
apparently he's either a 15 minute major conference player or going to Carolina. i've learned a lot here today.

of course, the hoops illuminati at insider aren't sold on him yet.

i'm putting the most stock in the Mike Rich post.....and i won't ask him why he thinks that.

Frozen Sooner
3/7/2007, 10:11 PM
He talks up Tulsa quite a bit, his sister is probably going to be heading there on a volleyball 'ship, and as for our needs...

He's a 6' shooting guard and we have a lot of eggs in the Jai Lucas basket.

OSUAggie
3/7/2007, 10:25 PM
...we have a lot of eggs in the Jai Lucas basket.

Didn't Hale interview a couple of JUCO PG's recently? If that's the case, it would appear Capel is branching out..

OSUAggie
3/7/2007, 10:26 PM
Hey Aggie....you still cussing people out for telling that your team isn't going to any tournament.............????????????

Show me where I cussed someone out...

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/7/2007, 10:37 PM

F*** YOU Sooner!!! I LOVE CUSSING ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!! #$%@%^@ $%@$%@$# **** **** ****
;)

soonerdave79
3/8/2007, 12:08 AM
Some people just can't control themselves. It really is a shame.

fwsooner22
3/8/2007, 09:05 AM

You missed the point.........but then again you are aggie...........:cool:

starrca23
3/8/2007, 09:21 AM
As long as he doesn't go to lOUSr I will be a fan of Rotnei's. A Six foot tall white boy that gets it done. What is not to love about that?

OSUAggie
3/8/2007, 10:18 AM
As long as he doesn't go to lOUSr I will be a fan of Rotnei's. A Six foot tall white boy that gets it done. What is not to love about that?

So you hate Keiton Page? Or does he have to grow a couple of inches, first.

fwsooner22
3/8/2007, 10:33 AM
So you hate Keiton Page? Or does he have to grow a couple of inches, first.

Missed the point again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool:

starrca23
3/8/2007, 12:13 PM
Aggie...that means l like the kid, but i don't like OSU.
I hope those words are small enough:D

OSUAggie
3/8/2007, 01:35 PM
Missed the point again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool:

ah....

After I re-read it now I see the racism... Sorry for missing it the first time.

;)

fwsooner22
3/8/2007, 03:19 PM
ah....

After I re-read it now I see the racism... Sorry for missing it the first time.

;)

You probably don't want to go around calling people racist....but then again you have proved many times over that you shoot your mouth off a lot.

SoonerAcesUp
3/8/2007, 07:36 PM
Rotnei had 60 today in the quarterfinals against Vian. That broke the all-time single game scoring record at the state tournament and he's already halfway to the 119 pts. for one state tournament. They play again tomorrow night at the State Fair Arena probably against Millwood which should be a great game. We'll see how does against some top-notch athletes! I'm guessing he will hold his own and have at least 30.

william_brasky
3/9/2007, 12:34 PM
The kid scores 60 in a state tournament game. That's sick.

Capel needs to offer a scholly immediately if he hasn't already.

SoonerAcesUp
3/9/2007, 12:40 PM
I just wish I could be there tonight to watch him being guarded by Gerald Jones from Millwood or maybe even Tremain Swindall. They both signed D-1 scholarships for football so you know they are going to get after him.

Echoes
3/9/2007, 01:39 PM
Tonight will be a great game, for sure.

Big Red Ron
3/10/2007, 01:52 AM
Tonight will be a great game, for sure.so, was it?

okienole3
3/10/2007, 08:19 AM
so, was it?

Falcons slow Clarke, advance

Millwood held Clarke, who scored a state tournament-record 60 points against Vian on Thursday, to 32 points. Clarke shot 30 percent (9 of 30) from the field, including 22.2 percent (2 of 9) from the 3-point line.

lcaldwell1
3/11/2007, 03:16 PM
first i dont think that rotnei is 6ft...i think hes closer to 5'10...also I agree that the kid is good, but my god..i think i could average 35 is i would have taken 30 shots every game.....keiton page is the same way..they shoot the ball so much you have to make some of them

lcaldwell1
3/11/2007, 03:17 PM
if i had to have one i would rather paige than clarke

Eielson
3/11/2007, 05:37 PM
first i dont think that rotnei is 6ft...i think hes closer to 5'10...also I agree that the kid is good, but my god..i think i could average 35 is i would have taken 30 shots every game.....keiton page is the same way..they shoot the ball so much you have to make some of them

I heard he hit 94 out of 100 threes he took in front of the Arkansas coach or something.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 05:47 PM
I heard he hit 94 out of 100 threes he took in front of the Arkansas coach or something.He did but nobody was guarding him.

;)

stoopified
3/16/2007, 10:15 AM
Who are these juco point guards?

okienole3
3/17/2007, 07:27 AM
We could ask Jenna Plumley if she wants to play on the men's team.

lcaldwell1
3/17/2007, 02:07 PM
STOOPIFIED THEY ARE NOT JUCOS...THEY ARE HIGH SCHOOL JUNIORS...ROTNEI CLARK IS FROM VERDIGRIS AND KEETON PAIGE IS FROM PAWNEE

okienole3
3/18/2007, 10:01 AM
STOOPIFIED THEY ARE NOT JUCOS...THEY ARE HIGH SCHOOL JUNIORS...ROTNEI CLARK IS FROM VERDIGRIS AND KEETON PAIGE IS FROM PAWNEE

Read the whole thread

Soonerfan88
3/20/2007, 08:43 PM
Who are these juco point guards?

Names I have heard are Donte Smith and Marcus Walker

BuryG
4/2/2007, 10:36 AM
Man I hope the Sooners can get this kid. Seen him play roughly a dozen times in the past couple years and I have never seen a better shooter at the high school level. Super quick release and sees the floor as well as any point around. Go watch him as a Senior because for $5, he puts on a hell of an entertaining show.

OUmillenium
4/2/2007, 10:42 AM
Who is this "soft evrbal to aggy commit" of which you speak?

Here's why you should worry about losing him to UNC...

Coach Brum from Bixby spent a good part of his career at Jenks. Guess who the Jenks Head Coach was? Yep, UNC assistant Joe Holladay

BuryG
4/2/2007, 11:41 AM

Coach Brum from Bixby spent a good part of his career at Jenks. Guess who the Jenks Head Coach was? Yep, UNC assistant Joe Holladay

I think the soft verbal is Keaton Page, and that verbal is anything but soft. Sidorkas is from Jenks and he is also committed to OSU, but NC is not a taker on him. Ditto from my earlier post about Clarke in regards to Page, he also is extremely fun to watch and worth the $5 dollar admission. Page is the best ball handler at the high school level in OK this year and can put up some big numbers.

OSUAggie
4/2/2007, 01:44 PM
I think the soft verbal is Keaton Page, and that verbal is anything but soft. Sidorkas is from Jenks and he is also committed to OSU, but NC is not a taker on him. Ditto from my earlier post about Clarke in regards to Page, he also is extremely fun to watch and worth the $5 dollar admission. Page is the best ball handler at the high school level in OK this year and can put up some big numbers.

Sidorakis isn't a commit, he's a signee. And Page is, as you said, anything but soft on his commitment. I'm not sure either are really early impact players, but they're definitely pieces that the program needs.

OSUAggie
4/2/2007, 01:45 PM

Who is "him"? A name would be better than a pronoun.

Ash
4/15/2007, 09:51 PM
Word is Rotnei shot the ball well but didn't do much else to impress at the Easter Classic.

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 11:43 AM
KU has offered Clarke now. He can sit next to Case for 5 years.

stoopified
4/17/2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the info 88.

picasso
5/15/2007, 03:14 PM
KU has offered Clarke now. He can sit next to Case for 5 years.
what, did you average 11 a game at White Oak or something? jerky comes to mind.

OSUAggie
5/15/2007, 04:27 PM
what, did you average 11 a game at White Oak or something? jerky comes to mind.

Reggie Skinner comes to mind for me.

picasso
5/15/2007, 10:12 PM
I'm betting regardless of how you really think he plays you'd be sporting short wood if he committed to oSu. But, since they don't seem to be in the hunt you're knockin the kid.

and, I've been around the Page kid. he was pure punk when he was younger.

birddog
5/16/2007, 07:06 AM
Reggie Skinner comes to mind for me.

why?