PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Spectator is Back!!!!

Jay C. Upchurch
3/2/2007, 10:49 PM
Greetings Sooner Faithful,

We are back!

After a brief hiatus, Sooner Spectator returns for a fresh start under new ownership, but with the same goal of delivering the highest quality, most comprehensive publication covering University of Oklahoma athletics available.

We received such an overwhelmingly positive response during our first 18 months of operation, it is our fondest hope that you, our readers, missed Sooner Spectator as much as we missed you. Thank you so much for your patience, and all of the gracious emails and letters you sent expressing your support.

It is extremely exciting to return with this special March 2007 recruiting issue and we are looking forward to having the opportunity to strengthen our rapport with our readership here in Oklahoma and all across the country, over the months and years to come.

The new ownership group, Redzone Publishing LLC, guarantees a renewed commitment to overall quality from an award-winning publication. That commitment extends to every aspect of Sooner Spectator , which is completely owned and operated, published, designed and printed by local companies.

Who better to cover Oklahoma athletics than a full-scale Oklahoma-based operation? When you pick up a copy of Spectator, you can rest assured we have taken your interests as Sooner fans to heart.

There are a few changes in store, as well. While we will continue to feature a lineup of award-winning writers and talented photographers, our publication schedule is being altered to 12 issues a year — once a month in January, March, April, June, August and December, and twice a month during football season in September, October and November.

Beginning with our April 2007 issue, each new issue of Sooner Spectator will be stuffed full of timely features, columns and pictures focused on your favorite subject — the Sooners.

Please send us your suggestions and feedback on the new Sooner Spectator. As always, we aim to please.

Cheers,

Jay C. Upchurch
Editor-in-Chief

P.S. A special thanks goes out to Phil and Leslie Owens, who initially launched the magazine back in April 2005, and to all of the original investors. There would be no Spectator without you. Also, many thanks to all of our advertisers and especially to our faithful readers. Again, we appreciate your patience!

olevetonahill
3/3/2007, 12:57 AM
Thank you for the Mag coming back .
Oh and Thanks for responding to My ? about it . I really didnt want to go back to the other one .
I may decide to get both tho .

StoopTroup
3/3/2007, 03:10 PM
Best of luck Jay.

Shouldn't this be a sticky?

soonerjoker
3/4/2007, 10:21 AM
geeat news,Jay !!!!!!

Sooner24
3/4/2007, 02:51 PM
What award did Sooner Spectator win? It says on the banner it is "award-winning". Even if it didn't win any awards I like it.

NormanPride
3/5/2007, 11:22 AM
Awesome! I was just talking with my family about this one. Great news!

slickdawg
3/6/2007, 01:06 PM
Is this also George Bush's fault? :D

sooneron
3/7/2007, 11:49 PM
Is my subscription still good? Sorry, someone had to ask.

olevetonahill
3/19/2007, 01:27 AM
Got mine yesterday . :D :D :D :D :D :D :D