PDA

View Full Version : My theory on why AD will go #1 to the Raiders

Big Red Ron
3/2/2007, 07:54 PM
It looks very likely that Jeff Garcia is going to the Raiders. If that happens, why would they draft an overweight Russell?

They are set a WR (unless Moss goes to GB).

There isn't an o-lineman worthy of #1.

The Raiders have a really good defense.

AD is the obvious choice. ;)

:pop:

Blues1
3/2/2007, 08:06 PM
I no idea whats going to happen...? Who will trade what players for other players - Future draft pics -- Etc - Etc ....

But in my minds eye ----
I just keep seeing AD in a Bears uniform.... :)

Over and Out
Still Rockin'

RedstickSooner
3/2/2007, 08:38 PM

They're set at WR? We're talking about the same Randy Moss who has been asking newspaper reporters to trade him, and who has been quoted saying that he quit trying to play last season.

'Course, even with all that, they still might keep him -- the Raiders seem to be sorta stupid that way. And it'd be hard for them from a pride standpoint to just cut his arse after working so hard to get him. Paying someone $10 mill who doesn't even try is insane. Not to mention what it does to have someone like Brandy in the locker room. With all his bitchin' and moaning, he actually managed to upstage TO last season, he just didn't get the coverage because the networks (i.e., ESPN) hadn't decided ahead of time that he was going to be their every-episode-of-NFL-Live prima dona time filler.

All that being said, drafting a wideout with the #1 overall pick just seems wrong. I mean, unless the guy is gonna be Steve Smith kinda good -- and you can't tell if he'll be that good until he actually plays. They pretty much have to go with AD or JaMunches Russell.

Having Garcia, if anything, makes a stronger case for JaMunches -- means they've got a vet to rely on for a year while Munches lays off the Twinkies and learns the NFL.

Hope he goes somewhere else. Number 1 overall is great money, but the Raiders are a franchise of doom right now - he'd get hurt, and look mediocre doing it. The money at #1 is great, but it isn't like the money anywhere in the top 5 is gonna necessitate living on Ramen Noodles.

LRoss
3/2/2007, 08:42 PM
Call me crazy, but don't the Bears already have Adrian Peterson at rb?

sooneron
3/2/2007, 09:16 PM
How old is Garcia (37 yrs)? It would be yet another short term fix for them. They are a doomed organization until Al lets loose of the reigns and brings in someone to run things in a 21st century sorta way.

Knowing Al's penchant for big time receivers, I bet they take C Johnson and deal Moss.

Blues1
3/3/2007, 01:18 AM
Call me crazy, but don't the Bears already have Adrian Peterson at rb?

Crazy man - Crazy --- A backfield with Two AD's - what could get more pubicity than that.... :)

Or Can you hear the play by play man saying - "AD is going out and AD is coming in...."

Or which AD scored that TD...???

It's a reverse - "AD just handed off to AD" -- AD is going to pass it -- AD got it " - Touchdown AD....!!! --- :D

ROck On'

goingoneight
3/3/2007, 01:39 AM
TFAD only returns punts and KO's I believe... and he's played a lil' D in his day, too. But I bet TRAD could be a mean LB, if he wanted to. :D

soonerboomer93
3/3/2007, 02:45 AM
Garcia would only be signed for short term, around a 2 year deal with the raiders. Basically 1 year as a starter, 2nd year as a back up.

fadada1
3/3/2007, 09:16 AM
i'd actually like to see AD at cleveland. maybe bring that old-school, pounding, mean spirited aura back to cleveland. and i'm not even a browns fan.

Scott D
3/3/2007, 01:08 PM
ok even as a Raiders fan that would love this to happen here's why I'll debunk it.

It looks very likely that Jeff Garcia is going to the Raiders. If that happens, why would they draft an overweight Russell?

Garcia is a short term fix if that. Will he be the Garcia from Philly last year, or the one from Detroit and Cleveland the previous two years? Garcia has a spaghetti arm for throwing a deep ball also.

GB isn't the only team interested in Moss, they're just the only one who has the starting QB lobbying for it behind the scenes. At least Porter seems to be back in the mindset of looking forward to remaining a Raider, making it better that we didn't manage to trade him last year when he was disgruntled.

There isn't an o-lineman worthy of #1.

You could probably argue that fact every year. Joe Thomas is a real deal kind of guy, but I don't think anyone wants to pay an offensive lineman #1 pick type of money anymore.

The Raiders have a really good defense.

Can't dispute this fact at all, and it's a shame they had to put up with such a terrible offense last season, especially in that division.

Basically the Raiders pick hinges upon two things, whether or not they pick up a veteran free agent QB, and whether or not they are able to deal Moss (presumably for draft picks).

Jury is still out also on whether or not LaMont Jordan is an every down back. Plus with Corey Dillon out there, it's possible that they could take another malcontent to carry the ball, based upon how much money Dillon may want.

I'd still at this point say they either take Russell or Calvin Johnson with the #1 pick.

AD is the obvious choice. ;)

:pop:

He'd certainly be my choice, but too many variables.

colleyvillesooner
3/3/2007, 02:35 PM
Also, the Bucaneers just signed Garcia.

And they talked plummer into coming.

So they have Simms, garcia, and Plummer. Good luck with all that. :D

Big Red Ron
3/3/2007, 02:56 PM

So they have Simms, garcia, and Plummer. Good luck with all that. :DYeah, I just saw that. I still have a sneaky hunch that AD is going to be a Raider.

OUstud
3/3/2007, 04:39 PM

So they have Simms, garcia, and Plummer. Good luck with all that. :D

Somehow, their QB situation got worse...

soonerx7
3/4/2007, 08:46 AM
He's #3 in rotation at rb and his # is 29.
I would love for the Ravens to trade up and get AD.

JohnnyMack
3/4/2007, 10:06 AM
Somehow, their QB situation got worse...

What exactly is the Raiders situation at QB?

Al Davis gonna suit up?

yermom
3/4/2007, 10:54 AM
i think he meant at Tampa :D

didn't AD say he was a Raiders fan growing up?

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/4/2007, 11:20 AM
The Raiders won't take AD. They have Lamont Jordan and they need a qb BAD. Unless of course they decide to take AD and let Andrew Walter have his shot.

Big Red Ron
3/4/2007, 02:29 PM
The Raiders won't take AD. They have Lamont Jordan and they need a qb BAD. Unless of course they decide to take AD and let Andrew Walter have his shot.Jordan was a fantasy stud in 2005 but 2006 sucked. I think he's out of gas. We'll see. Al Davis has made crazier picks in the past.

Yes, AD was a Raiders fan growing up.

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2007, 02:40 PM
Gah. He was a Raiders fan AND a Texas fan growing up?

That's two strikes. At least he picked the right school to GO to.

Scott D
3/5/2007, 01:03 PM
Gah. He was a Raiders fan AND a Texas fan growing up?

That's two strikes. At least he picked the right school to GO to.

I think I liked Charger fan better when they were in the mediocre 80s mode ;)

Scott D
3/5/2007, 01:06 PM
The Raiders won't take AD. They have Lamont Jordan and they need a qb BAD. Unless of course they decide to take AD and let Andrew Walter have his shot.

Like BRR said, Jordan had a bad season in 2006, but a lot of that was between being injured, having no o-line blocking, and pretty much no passing game at all to go with it. The question now with Andrew Walter (because he has the arm for Al's voitcal game) is who would be around to back him up. They cut Aaron Brooks, and didn't attempt to bring back Tuiasasopo either. So right now Walter is the only QB on the roster. They need to grab a veteran QB, but nobody wants to sign and run the chance of being a backup to not only Walter, but possibly Russell.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprized if they take some sort of run at signing Patrick Ramsey.

badger
3/5/2007, 01:54 PM
my theory:
because he's that d@mn good.:D

StuIsTheMan
3/5/2007, 05:10 PM
AD will be a Bronco...BOOK IT!

Scott D
3/5/2007, 05:13 PM
AD will be a Bronco...BOOK IT!

hah....Willis McGahee will be a Bronco...BOOK THAT!

Big Red Ron
3/5/2007, 05:28 PM
Well, my initial post was a hunch based on Tui and Garcia being in Oakland. Since neither is, I doubt they go after AD but Al Davis does have a history of going after the best players available and I think Johnson and AD are the best players in this draft. Needing a QB should change his history though.

buffalobill989
3/5/2007, 05:29 PM
being a bills fan this is what i think happens. bills package willis and the #12 pick to cleveland for the #3. and ad runs buck wild behind our new line:D

Scott D
3/5/2007, 06:05 PM
hah....Willis McGahee will be a Bronco...BOOK THAT!

I'd pretty much scratch what I said...Broncos signed Travis Henry today. Question is where will Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon, and Willis McGahee land. Any of those teams "needing" a running back could still go for one of those guys and that could mean AD bouncing in the draft depending on where these free agents go.

soonerboomer93
3/6/2007, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I would have rather we picked up dillon and moved up to draft AD. Or just made the move to get AD.

I don't see AD going to the Raiders and well, that would just really not be good for me. Seeing him in silver and black .... blah...

Frozen Sooner
3/7/2007, 03:54 AM
Why single out the 80s? You've got decades of mediocrity to choose from.

Sure, there was the one Super Bowl run in the 90s, and a couple of playoff appearances, and there's been a couple of playoff appearances in the 00s, but the Bolts are generally good for a couple of divisional titles each decade. Doesn't mean the mediocrity is over-just means that a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again.

Dammit.

What kills me is that we're going to end up wasting some of the best drafts ever.

soonerboomer93
3/7/2007, 04:52 AM
just be glad you're not the raiders right now :D

soonerboomer93
3/7/2007, 04:53 AM
oh, and the chargers will probably win the division next year (i'm trying to be realistic)

after that though, it's Denvers division again

Frozen Sooner
3/7/2007, 11:24 AM

I'm always glad I'm not a Raiders fan. Some stink doesn't wash off.

Scott D
3/7/2007, 12:44 PM

yeah really, just settle for having our head coaching leftovers..who's next? Art Shell? :D

soonerboomer93
3/7/2007, 05:11 PM
if he brings us a couple more superbowl wins sure

Frozen Sooner
3/7/2007, 05:20 PM
I think he's talking about the Chargers.

I think it's all part of the Spanos master plan of taking a retread from EVERY DAMN TEAM in the old AFC West. I'm waiting for him to unmothball Tom Flores soon.

Scott D
3/7/2007, 06:04 PM
I don't think anyone can find Tom Flores to take him out of mothballs ;)

OU_Sooners75
3/7/2007, 06:20 PM
Wait, why are you all calling the "other" Adrian Peterson AD?

His nick name is not All Day, is it?

I dont think so.

SoonerMX
3/9/2007, 12:24 PM
Dominic Rhodes to the raiders.

I would think that this almost guarantees he won't be in black and silver next season.

Rogue
3/11/2007, 06:25 AM
Al Davis loves him some Heisman winners. Always has.

I think the Pats are looking at R. Moss.

I hope AD gets a team with a strong supporting cast.