PDA

View Full Version : looks like some scientist think global warming is not caused by man

Pages : 1 [2]

Ike
3/6/2007, 01:58 AM
Al Gore stays in the limelight or the public eye.Scientists get funding (which I don't have a problem with)
taxes are going to pay for the grants and funding they need.

Don't be bringing that weak crap in here yermom. :D

scientists don't give a rats *** how they get paid...so instead of paying for them with taxes, I think we should pay for them with the standard deficit spending of the republicans. Our kids can pay it all off later. We're saving the world for them...It's the least they can do.

Fraggle145
3/6/2007, 02:36 AM
scientists don't give a rats *** how they get paid...so instead of paying for them with taxes, I think we should pay for them with the standard deficit spending of the republicans. Our kids can pay it all off later. We're saving the world for them...It's the least they can do.

Aint that the truth! give me some money! ITs cuz most of the equipment like for genetics etc... is pretty expensive. We are about to by a PCR machine for like $35K and that is cheap! The instrument we really needto do relevent studies, (my field is fish ecology, limnology (study of lakes), Harmful algal blooms) is like $230K. But as far as what we actually get paid it isnt much. We get along on grants through organizations like NSF, the EPA etc... But hell if we are gonna spend it I'd love to get a piece of it!

I'm with yermom though, if Kyoto is hitting the bigtime CEOs with all that money in the wallet I really dont care. WE should do something though. People in Europe do have access to the things we have but if you look at their consumption has dropped off considerably, but I would argue for the most part their quality of life is relatively high. One of the biggest problems in the world is the ever expanding population. In developed countries our populations are generally stable, but in developing nations they typically have 4-10 children. As undeveloped countries become developed their birth rate and death rates slow down making everything kind of even out.

http://www.aag.org/Education/center/cgge-aag%20site/Population/images/world_population.jpg

http://www.mnforsustain.org/images/pop_pyramids_developed_and_not.jpg

Another one of the biggest problems, IMO, is the difference between the rich and the poor. $500million dollar a year CEOs can kiss my ***. I think the figure is like $14billion would make sure everyone in the world could have clean water... that is 28 CEOs. Anyway nothing like a good tangent before bed...

I am also with USMC Sooner, democrats **** me off too. both sides **** me off. George Bush is dumber than a box of hammers. I sit on the fence. some people call me libertarian or centrist. I am generally not for big government unless it benefits the little guy. Everyone uses scare tactics and politicians are dirty lying *******s. You and I agree on a lot of issues like warfare etc.. (just know from other threads and seeing your comments). So long as they have a good environment and science policy I like em! :D

Fraggle145
3/6/2007, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE=usmc-sooner][QUOTE=Fraggle145]

well, maybe if he was studying real science like those... ;)

heh. damn ecologists, dont know whats good for us. ;)

Ike
3/6/2007, 03:13 AM
Aint that the truth! give me some money! ITs cuz most of the equipment like for genetics etc... is pretty expensive. We are about to by a PCR machine for like $35K and that is cheap! The instrument we really needto do relevent studies, (my field is fish ecology, limnology (study of lakes), Harmful algal blooms) is like $230K. But as far as what we actually get paid it isnt much. We get along on grants through organizations like NSF, the EPA etc... But hell if we are gonna spend it I'd love to get a piece of it!

lucky you for getting to play with cheap stuff. Our toys takes 5 years to plan, 2 more to get a cost estimate, and then 10-15 years to build (if it gets approval) so that by the time our toys get built, they are already 20 years out of date.

:)

but then again we still get to play with cool toys. And I feel you with the pay.

Fraggle145
3/6/2007, 03:21 AM
lucky you for getting to play with cheap stuff. Our toys takes 5 years to plan, 2 more to get a cost estimate, and then 10-15 years to build (if it gets approval) so that by the time our toys get built, they are already 20 years out of date.

:)

but then again we still get to play with cool toys. And I feel you with the pay.

Thank god for getting in good with the Oklahoma Deptartment of Wildlife Conservation. Tehy fund our project on golden algae in lake texoma. Most of the stuff we were getting was out of date before them... we got it from the FEPP here at OU that reclaims old federal equipment for use by us peons after the government is done with it... hey its cheap glassware. But ya you should see some of the "toys" at the OU biostation. They crack me up with how old some of that stuff is... sad thing is the old stuff (once you learn how to work it) tends to work better than the new stuff!