The VIIIth
3/2/2007, 11:34 AM
-Reggie definitely going back to CB with M. Walker to start opposite
-DJ Wolf and Lendy will be backups
-Strong Safety will be competition between K. Clayton, N. Harris, and B. Bowers
-Free Safety will be competition between Q. Carter, Dom Franks, and B. Jackson
-Said Dom Franks is very physical
-Said the safety spots need to be more physical and he expects them to be
-Said Reggie is the best DB overall which is why they had to move him to SS last year but are excited to have him back at CB
-Excited that the seconday is no longer young and should be better and guys should play more confidently
-Nic Harris= 230lbs...wow-said he is a hybrid guy, which they like
-Said their goal each year is to sign 4 DBs out of high school with 2 CBs and 2 safeties

Big Red Ron
3/2/2007, 11:39 AM
thanks

FlatheadSooner
3/2/2007, 01:02 PM
Great news - it's been a LONG time coming in that area!

:)

jccouger
3/2/2007, 01:09 PM
It seems like we are missing somebody from the safety position....

jccouger
3/2/2007, 01:16 PM
Darien Williams

SoonerJLB
3/2/2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks, that sounds good.We have been missing something in the secondary at times the last two years.

snp
3/2/2007, 03:27 PM
Speaking of DBs, we sent out a bunch of offers yesterday.

jccouger
3/2/2007, 03:30 PM
Any names, SNP?

CU Sooner
3/2/2007, 03:31 PM
Where's Darien Williams, the guy was consistent, I'd say more than Reggie was last year. We really missed him against losur.

Tear Down This Wall
3/2/2007, 05:05 PM
Dadgummit! I posted last year that they should keep Reggie at corner. WTF? Also, as I've stated again and again and again...one of these dadgum safety recruits needs to sack up for a whole season for a change. Damn all of this secondary shuffling half the season because we can't find two safeties AMONG the 8,000,000 we've signed to play the position!

Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!

It's easy:
(1) Put Smith at corner, where he's always belonged.
(2) Coach up two safeties to play safety. Sh*t, this is supposedly what Bob Stoops does - coach safeties. Well, dammit..do it! Quit standing there with your hands on your hips everytime your makeshift safety house of cards falls down again in a big game, dadgummit! We don't want you to stare at the players during the game, we don't want you to yell at referees about piddly crap in the first quarter, we don't want coach Schmidt jawing at the opponents' players...WE WANT THE DADGUM SAFETIES TO PLAY SAFETY AND PLAY IT RIGHT AND SHOW UP IN BIG GAMES LIKE THEY USED TO DO!!! F - ing F!
(3)And listen carefully...

It's "between" when discussing or comparing two things, and "among" when discussing or comparing three or more!!!!!!

Gah! F - ing ... HILLBILLIES!!!!!!

picasso
3/2/2007, 06:55 PM
Nic Harris at 230 with 4% body fat. whoa.

Seamus
3/2/2007, 07:21 PM

Picture an Exocet missile in a Crimson uniform. Somebody is going to get ****-hammered! :eek:

illinisooner
3/2/2007, 07:58 PM
Dadgummit! I posted last year that they should keep Reggie at corner. WTF? Also, as I've stated again and again and again...one of these dadgum safety recruits needs to sack up for a whole season for a change. Damn all of this secondary shuffling half the season because we can't find two safeties AMONG the 8,000,000 we've signed to play the position!

It's easy:
(2) Coach up two safeties to play safety. Sh*t, this is supposedly what Bob Stoops does - coach safeties. Well, dammit..do it! Quit standing there with your hands on your hips everytime your makeshift safety house of cards falls down again in a big game, dadgummit! We don't want you to stare at the players during the game, we don't want you to yell at referees about piddly crap in the first quarter, we don't want coach Schmidt jawing at the opponents' players...WE WANT THE DADGUM SAFETIES TO PLAY SAFETY AND PLAY IT RIGHT AND SHOW UP IN BIG GAMES LIKE THEY USED TO DO!!! F - ing F!

It's "between" when discussing or comparing two things, and "among" when discussing or comparing three or more!!!!!!

IT'S DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL!! IT'S THE BIG 12!!!

goingoneight
3/2/2007, 09:05 PM
:stunned: i dunno why you goons are worryd about your secondery . no one care about defense. boby reid for Heismen! :stunned:

sooneron
3/2/2007, 09:12 PM

I'd say that it's pretty obvious why Smith was moved to safety. The coaches said as much, they needed a smart playmaker there as no one was stepping up enough. Pretty basic info. It was a NEED and Reggie filled it. Now, he's back to CB where he's better (which I think is saying quite a bit).

picasso
3/2/2007, 10:40 PM
all I ask of our free safety is to tackle and not let his man or the man in his zone behind him.

bust underneath on occasion? sure. deep? umm, no.

The VIIIth
3/3/2007, 02:49 AM

It's easy:

Ungrateful, pedantic little moron...pointless rantings as well, they naturally always accompany drunken, poorly thought out posts like the one offered by this cold war reject.

PLaw
3/3/2007, 03:39 PM

That's great, but I'm more concerned about what's between the ears. Great tools, but if you don't have the smarts to use them, then it's wasted. Not saying that's the case with Nic, but let's not get enamored with physical tools. Let's also not forget that if you can't have discipline and execute your assignment, then you are pretty worthless. I think that's what caused Clayton's trip to the dog house last year. The kid looked awesome in practice, but it didn't translate to performance on gameday.

BOOMER SOONER
PLAW

start early!
HATE Texass Today!

bixby28
3/3/2007, 05:09 PM
I'm looking for Keenan Clayton and Nic Harris to do some great things this year in the secondary. Those two have great physical tools and will likely compliment M. Walker and Reggie Smith really well.

CrimsonChampion
3/3/2007, 05:39 PM
I'm more worried about the linebackers than the secondary. We have the talent to be great at both positions, but we'll be shuffling more at LB I think.

I'm worried about the DEs also

goingoneight
3/3/2007, 07:43 PM
:mack: All you need is offense. Offense captures the country's imagination. Who needs defense??? pffft! :mack:

soonerjoker
3/4/2007, 10:49 AM
@ 230 lbs, could be fast linebacker.

Texas Golfer
3/4/2007, 08:26 PM
I'm looking forward to the start of the upcoming season.

ashley
3/5/2007, 08:25 AM
Look for the kid from Pearland to be an impact special teams player early and be a starter at least by his soph. year.