PDA

View Full Version : AD ISN'T GONNA GO TO THE LIONS!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!

SoonerStormchaser
3/1/2007, 10:02 PM
This much is also clearer in light of the Detroit-Denver trade: Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson will not be the Lions' pick, given that Bell gives the Lions insurance at that position should starter Kevin Jones not return quickly enough in 2007 from the foot injury he suffered last year.

At least this gives AD hope of landing a team who can win the Super Bowl and won't waste him like they did all those WR's!

OK2LA
3/1/2007, 10:10 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like he will be a Brownie.

I do not like that, because I'm a Steeler fan. I guess it could be worse - he could be a Dallas Cowboy. :D

(I know there are plenty of you guys out there - so bite me! :D )

JohnnyMack
3/1/2007, 10:16 PM
Gotta say Denver should have the best CB tandem in the NFL. At least on paper.

Widescreen
3/1/2007, 10:31 PM
At least on paper.
Kinda what people were saying about UT's secondary performance last year.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/1/2007, 10:32 PM
whats funny is this is the one year detroit should get a wideout but due to past mistakes wont...matt millen is an idiot

soonerboomer93
3/2/2007, 02:04 AM
linkage??

n/m I found it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/01/bc.fbn.lions.broncostra.ap/index.html

but I'm suprised they aren't moving up in the draft with that trade also

TripleOption14
3/2/2007, 07:02 AM
AD ISN'T GONNA GO TO THE LIONS!!!....

And he never was. Being a Lions fans myself i'm glad to see the moves they've made in the off season so far! They just brought in Tatum Bell and Tackle and picked up a draft pick. Now WHEN they take Joe Thomas and then go for defensive help i'll be REALLY happy. Also they need to pick Joey Porter up TODAY!!!!!

And stop with the WR talk!! TFRW (as much as i hate to say it), Mick Furrey, and Mike Williams are not that bad of WR's. Ok..... well maybe the Mike Williams thing was a stretch :D But the point is WR is not the problem. The Lions need to sure up the Oline and then go defense defense defense PERIOD!!!

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/2/2007, 07:28 AM
maybe still to the raiders? it's not completly out of the question. there are plenty of free agent qb's (garcia, maybe trent green, and also bledsoe) to fill the qb void.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=66#S=66&F=1887&T=160920

jk the sooner fan
3/2/2007, 07:35 AM
ugh, those idiots are calling him AP........jeebus

GoState
3/2/2007, 09:03 AM
We are pretty bummed to hear that Tatum is going to Detroit. They are a running back boneyard - even Barry Sanders couldn't keep them from mediocrity. Freaking Millen.

SoonerJLB
3/2/2007, 01:53 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like he will be a Brownie.

I do not like that, because I'm a Steeler fan.

AD doesn't need all the HGH that the Steelers dish out like protein bars. :)

Scott D
3/2/2007, 02:17 PM
AD ISN'T GONNA GO TO THE LIONS!!!....

And he never was. Being a Lions fans myself i'm glad to see the moves they've made in the off season so far! They just brought in Tatum Bell and Tackle and picked up a draft pick. Now WHEN they take Joe Thomas and then go for defensive help i'll be REALLY happy. Also they need to pick Joey Porter up TODAY!!!!!

And stop with the WR talk!! TFRW (as much as i hate to say it), Mick Furrey, and Mike Williams are not that bad of WR's. Ok..... well maybe the Mike Williams thing was a stretch :D But the point is WR is not the problem. The Lions need to sure up the Oline and then go defense defense defense PERIOD!!!

heh....I love how people still thought(were paranoid) that they were going to take AD. The Lions were never going to take AD. They already had too much money invested in Kevin Jones and Brian Calhoun, now they get to add Tatum Bell to that picture.

However TO14...Mike Williams is terrible, the guy should be a TE if it wasn't for the fact that to go with his hands of stone, his blocking skills make a kicker look adequate. As for LB, they're working on London Fletcher, doubt they'll go after Porter much since he's a 3-4 guy, and the Lions will still run a 4-3. That being said, pretty much any team in the league can have Shaun Rogers pretty easily.

Their needs are OL, DB, DL in that order.

poke4christ
3/2/2007, 02:19 PM
Gotta say Denver should have the best CB tandem in the NFL. At least on paper.

Before the incident, I think they did.

usmc-sooner
3/2/2007, 02:32 PM
Before the incident, I think they did.

with all due respect I hated to hear the news about Williams but Bly and Bailey will/should be better.

TripleOption14
3/2/2007, 04:27 PM
heh....I love how people still thought(were paranoid) that they were going to take AD. The Lions were never going to take AD. They already had too much money invested in Kevin Jones and Brian Calhoun, now they get to add Tatum Bell to that picture.

However TO14...Mike Williams is terrible, the guy should be a TE if it wasn't for the fact that to go with his hands of stone, his blocking skills make a kicker look adequate. As for LB, they're working on London Fletcher, doubt they'll go after Porter much since he's a 3-4 guy, and the Lions will still run a 4-3. That being said, pretty much any team in the league can have Shaun Rogers pretty easily.

Their needs are OL, DB, DL in that order.

OK OK maybe the Mike Williams comment was a reach!!! :D And true about Porter i forgot they ran two different schemes.

So after they take Thomas the OL (in theory) should be set right??? I mean They'll have two good tackles. They can slide that Texass jerkoff to guard and then slide Backus to guard. Thats gotta be a pretty good O-line in the making right?? I agree 100% with the DB help!! And the D-line... don't even get me started on those clowns!! Although when Cody comes back that should be a little boost. But yeah they need a passer from the edge in the WORST way!!!! They should definitely pick a DB with their 2nd round pick and then go DE in the 3rd round.

Tear Down This Wall
3/2/2007, 05:24 PM
I used to not believe the NFL was racist...but, after this off-season...F'n Millen keeps his job again...and Wade Phillips and Norv Turner get recycled as twice-failed head coaches.

Look, I'm white. White as a cracker. But, come on, people...Millen, Phillips, and Turner? I just vomited. Bye.

Scott D
3/2/2007, 06:19 PM
OK OK maybe the Mike Williams comment was a reach!!! :D And true about Porter i forgot they ran two different schemes.

So after they take Thomas the OL (in theory) should be set right??? I mean They'll have two good tackles. They can slide that Texass jerkoff to guard and then slide Backus to guard. Thats gotta be a pretty good O-line in the making right?? I agree 100% with the DB help!! And the D-line... don't even get me started on those clowns!! Although when Cody comes back that should be a little boost. But yeah they need a passer from the edge in the WORST way!!!! They should definitely pick a DB with their 2nd round pick and then go DE in the 3rd round.

The line might be set. Personally if it wasn't for age, I'd have rather seen them cut Backus and keep Verba. Not sure they'll move J. Scott inside, but George Foster will definitely be the RT next season. They really only have three choices with that #2 pick. Take Thomas with it, take the top rated DE, or trade it down a little for another pick or two to get more depth picks later on.

Right now the starting DT's will be Shaun Cody and Cory Redding. I'd honestly be surprized if Shaun Rogers makes it past draft day, he wants out in the worst way, and is having the attitude problem to go along with it. However, I doubt they'll get half as much in return for him as they got for Dre Bly.

Most Lion fans here will tell you they don't care who the Lions draft at cornerback as long as it means that they aren't bringing back Jamar Fletcher. If they don't take a corner in the first 4 rounds then it means they have a lot of faith in Stanley Wilson to be able to take Bly's place in the starting lineup, but that hinges upon Fernando Bryant actually being able to play the entire season for once.

Scott D
3/2/2007, 06:20 PM
I used to not believe the NFL was racist...but, after this off-season...F'n Millen keeps his job again...and Wade Phillips and Norv Turner get recycled as twice-failed head coaches.

Look, I'm white. White as a cracker. But, come on, people...Millen, Phillips, and Turner? I just vomited. Bye.

It pretty much takes an act of God to get William Clay Ford to fire anyone in management with his football franchise as long as it makes him money. Hence why Millen still has a job after going through 4 head coaches in 7 years.

LRoss
3/2/2007, 07:26 PM
Wow, a Lions topic, and image that, that it isn't all that nice!

There's no way we (Lions) were going to take Peterson, I agree.

Mike Williams is BEYOND terrible. Charles Rogers is a complicated and atrociouis situation. That doesn't mean that the Lions "ruined" receivers. For what it's worth, they're going hard after Curtis from the Rams.

They also just traded Hall, so now the HUGE hole is at DE, and my best guess is they take a weak trade-down situation and let somebody else get Thomas/Peterson/Johnson and wind up with a good pass rusher and a third or some crap like that. It's not ALL bad, and the Bly trade is good on it's own merits, but it seems to put us in a bad position at #2. The only guy there who made sense was Thomas, but now nobody really makes sense there for us. IMO there are three -- maybe four real STUDS in the draft -- Johnson, Peterson, Thomas, and maybe Russell (news flash -- qb's are tough to project). We're sitting at #2, and now my guess is we get NONE of them.

Prove me wrong Matt!!!

Scott D
3/2/2007, 07:38 PM
Personally I'm waiting for the Fire Millen billboard that goes up after he either tries to draft Johnson, or actually trades down to draft Jarrett. Thomas is still the likely pick at #2. They've gotten 2 extra 5th rounders over the last two days. The only piece of the puzzle with picks prior to the draft is what they can get for Shaun Rogers.

JohnnyMack
3/2/2007, 08:42 PM
Detroit should just take Thomas and move on.

Scott D
3/2/2007, 10:11 PM
as easy as that sounds, one of the teams trying to move up to have a shot at Thomas is Arizona. Problem now is with the showing that Russell had at the Combine the question has become if the Raiders will be taking Russell or Calvin Johnson with the first pick. Some of that may hinge upon how serious of a courting Green Bay is making for Randy Moss. I'd be more than willing to believe that Detroit trades the #2 pick if they don't get an agreement with Thomas before the draft.

poke4christ
3/3/2007, 12:21 AM
with all due respect I hated to hear the news about Williams but Bly and Bailey will/should be better.

Very politely and appropriately said.

I never really though Williams was awesome, but he was doing pretty dang good. He started as a rookie. That said, I really don't know that much about Bly, so I can't say if he's better. I'll just take your word for it.

jk the sooner fan
3/3/2007, 07:54 AM
there is a rumor that Houston is trying to move up in the draft and has offered David Carr and some draft picks to Cleveland, - in order to get AD

Scott D
3/3/2007, 09:00 AM
Very politely and appropriately said.

I never really though Williams was awesome, but he was doing pretty dang good. He started as a rookie. That said, I really don't know that much about Bly, so I can't say if he's better. I'll just take your word for it.

3x pro-bowl corner.

bixby28
3/3/2007, 05:04 PM
I'm glad AD won't be in Detroit, too. Detroit is a graveyard for great college runningbacks.

trwxxa
3/5/2007, 10:56 PM
there is a rumor that Houston is trying to move up in the draft and has offered David Carr and some draft picks to Cleveland, - in order to get AD

The Texans dropped $23.5M on Ahman Green today. $6.5M guaranteed. AD is not coming here. :mad:

The new rumor is trading up to third to get Calvin Johnson. Now only if we had a QB to get them the ball.

TripleOption14
3/5/2007, 11:05 PM
After addressing their needs through free agency; the Lions should now be looking to trade their 2nd pick with a quickness imo. They should try to get another 2nd round pick from somebody or maybe even a 3rd round pick as well. Basically they need to make some team give them the house and kitchen sink for that spot.

Spray
3/5/2007, 11:28 PM
Actually, the Lions are going with a new strategy- stockpiling RBs. They'll draft Peterson and Michael Bush.

Rhino
3/6/2007, 12:14 AM
Looks like Tatum Bell was set up as trade bait for the Giants.

And Dre Bly is a very unhappy camper in Denver.

goingoneight
3/6/2007, 01:18 AM
I've got a question... maybe someone out here can answer it for me...

If people are so scared of a good player going to waste on a horrid team... then WHY THE HELL DO THEY CONSIDER SENDING THESE SAME PLAYERS TO SCHOOLS WITH NO CHAMPIONSHIP HISTORY!?! I've seen several times in my day, a kid offered at places like UT, OU, Notre Dame, Florida State, USC, Michigan, Oklahoma State... and the kid chooses OSU. No offense to OSU homers, just sayin'...

How does this happen? It's not like Boone Pickens is paying this kid anything the rich folks on the west coast won't pay, if they're cheating to get him/her.

That being said, I hope AD goes somewhere he'll actually win instead of somewhere he'll be workhorsed to death and worn out by the time he's 30. Seems like if Houston, Oakland, Detroit or any of these other teams who appear to be declining would just Chuck Long it until AD's tired or OOC.

soonerboomer93
3/6/2007, 07:09 AM

looks like bly wants to play in washington (and they were working on trying to trade for him) and sean springs wants to play in Denver. Looks like denver might have big plans for draft day.

TripleOption14
3/6/2007, 07:40 AM

Trade bait for the Gaints???... I don't know if I agree w/ that. The Gaints have Brandon Jacobs who i'm sure is more than capable of handling the load. If anything its seems like it would be bait for either the Packers or Bills. Whatever the case maybe its definitely getting interesting!!

Another thing to consider is with all this RB action AD could possibly be sitting for a while come draft day. The teams that really needed a RB seem to be content with addressing those needs through free agency. So Cleveland could actually be thinking they can wait to draft him and trade the pick for a later spot in the 1st round cause AD may still be there. So maybe Cleveland trades the pick to either Green Bay or the Bills and AD ends up playing at either of those two teams. Ok Ok i'll stop now!! :D I just love free agency and the draft. I can see why people make a career out of it.

MI Sooner
3/6/2007, 12:45 PM
Dre Bly gambled a lot, which got him a fair number of picks to go with a fair number of singed jock-straps.

How is Detroit any more of a graveyard for great college backs than most other teams. Billy did well before he wrecked his knee, which wasn't really the Lions fault. Barry had one of the best careers ever by a RB. I'm too young to know what Steve Owens did with the Lions, but I don't see him as a prototypical NFL RB, although 3 yards in a cloud of dust guys were more common then. Oh, and Kevin Jones is having a nice career in Detroit, too. I would say that Detroit is a graveyard for QBs, though. They haven't had a standout since Bobby Lane

Greg Landry
Eric Hipple
Gary Danielson
Andre Ware
Rodney Peete
Eric Kramer
Scott Mitchell
Charlie Batch
Don Majkowski
Frank Reich
That guy who headbutted the wall
Joey Harrington

Scott D
3/6/2007, 01:00 PM
Dre Bly gambled a lot, which got him a fair number of picks to go with a fair number of singed jock-straps.

How is Detroit any more of a graveyard for great college backs than most other teams. Billy did well before he wrecked his knee, which wasn't really the Lions fault. Barry had one of the best careers ever by a RB. I'm too young to know what Steve Owens did with the Lions, but I don't see him as a prototypical NFL RB, although 3 yards in a cloud of dust guys were more common then. Oh, and Kevin Jones is having a nice career in Detroit, too. I would say that Detroit is a graveyard for QBs, though. They haven't had a standout since Bobby Lane

Greg Landry
Eric Hipple
Gary Danielson
Andre Ware
Rodney Peete
Eric Kramer
Scott Mitchell
Charlie Batch
Don Majkowski
Frank Reich
That guy who headbutted the wall
Joey Harrington

hehe Scott Mitchell should write a book. "How to parlay a good season behind Marino's good o-line and Marino's offense, into an obscene contract with nothing to really show for it." :D

Word was out up here that Bly's been ****ed about the trade since the day it was made. But that's not surprizing, the guy has been a malcontent for the last two seasons. I think Denver makes out for the better if they can turn Bly to Washington for Shawn Springs.

This draft has gotten real interesting over the last two days. Real, real interesting.

TripleOption14
3/6/2007, 03:44 PM
hehe Scott Mitchell should write a book. "How to parlay a good season behind Marino's good o-line and Marino's offense, into an obscene contract with nothing to really show for it." :D
This draft has gotten real interesting over the last two days. Real, real interesting.

To this DAY the money they gave Mitchell for a season of play (and wasn't really like half a season if i remember correctly) is simply TARDED!!! I never got that from the get!! But of course that why the Lions are the Lions case and point. DUMB@SS management moves such as these and many others that is to lengthy to list is why this team can never get ahead!

And yes the draft situation is starting to take a weird turn. At first i had a pretty good idea of what was gonna happen. Now.... I have no idea.

soonerboomer93
3/6/2007, 07:12 PM
Oh, if he's as big of a malcontent as I hear, Denver won't keep him. But them will make sure they get what they want for him.

Scott D
3/6/2007, 08:53 PM
The most amusing Lions news lately is in his crusade to get dealt out of town Shaun Rogers is suppossedly up to the 400 lb range. Apparently he wants to get dealt out of the NFL while he's at it.