PDA

View Full Version : Well, I know he's old

OU4LIFE
3/1/2007, 02:58 PM
and fighting up a weight class, but I'm sure hoping Randy Couture can pimp slap the ever-lovin shiat out of Tim Silvia Saturday night.

Ace and Matt Hughes are back fighting again too. Should be decent.

I think the last Pride PPV showed that the UFC and Pride aren't quite as far apart as some would like to believe. I really only see Fedor as the only guy that's unbeatable.

Silva flat out got knocked out, with a left hook.

KC//CRIMSON
3/1/2007, 03:02 PM
It doesn't matter who wins Saturday. They'll just be holding the belt for what will be their impending doom - CRO COP!

OU4LIFE
3/1/2007, 03:04 PM
true that. Unless Fedor comes over.

DustySooner
3/1/2007, 04:17 PM
It doesn't matter who wins Saturday. They'll just be holding the belt for what will be their impending doom - CRO-COP!

I agree, the guy can cut wind with his high kicks. Mark this down, the winner of Couture/Sylvia will fight the winner offff......CroCop/Arlovski*.

*This is not a match that is set in steel. It's just who I think will fight for the right to challenge for the title.

Oldnslo
3/1/2007, 05:28 PM
I'd rather see Couture/CroCop, even though I like Couture and will hate to see him get pwnt.

OU4LIFE
3/2/2007, 08:12 AM
Arlovski - Cro-Cop would be fun....

I'm just waiting for my boy Deigo Sanchez in the next PPV.....that kid is a star.

springs sooner
3/2/2007, 09:40 AM
I'm just waiting for my boy Deigo Sanchez in the next PPV.....that kid is a star.

Until he has to fight someone good like GSP or a Matt Hughes.

OU4LIFE
3/2/2007, 09:48 AM
Until he has to fight someone good like GSP or a Matt Hughes.

Dude, ask Karo Parisyan and his missing teeth if he's any good. I'd put even money against EITHER Hughes or GSP.

Seriously. And Sanchez has more fights than GSP.

fadada1
3/2/2007, 09:57 AM
all i know.. is those guys are freaking tough. i love the old footage of royce gracie. that dude knows how to hurt people.

springs sooner
3/2/2007, 10:20 AM
Karo Parisyan? are you kidding me? I said fight someone good. I agree i think Diego is a bad mofo, but how bad is he? we will not really know until he fights an upper tier fighter like a hughs or gsp. if he beats one of them then i will give him his props. but until he is just a middle of the pack fighter.

tbl
3/2/2007, 10:34 AM
Dirty Diego Sanchez is pretty good, and I think he could give Hughes or GSP a run. I can't stand Hughes, so I hope that anybody he fights beats the everloving mess out of him.

What happened to GSP & Matt Serra? That was supposed to happen on the last PPV.

I think Arlovski/Cro-Cop will be the next heavyweight showdown for the title... and I also agree that it will be a shame for the Natural to have to get pummeled by CC. That guy is going to dominate the heavyweight division in a bad way. Heck, Fedor couldn't beat him except by going to the cards. He's arguably the best out there (even better than Fedor).

OU4LIFE
3/2/2007, 10:36 AM
GSP Serra is the next PPV

so Karo's no good? He barely lost a decision to GSP.

pass the crack.

springs sooner
3/2/2007, 10:55 AM
you consider a Unanimous Decision as barely losing?

I do think Karo is great on the ground but not much of a striker. I want to see Deigo fight a striker and see how he fairs. If he can handle that then yes the sky is the limit for him. He does remind me of a smaller Tito with the ground and pound.

KC//CRIMSON
3/2/2007, 11:22 AM
Dirty Diego Sanchez is pretty good, and I think he could give Hughes or GSP a run. I can't stand Hughes, so I hope that anybody he fights beats the everloving mess out of him.

What happened to GSP & Matt Serra? That was supposed to happen on the last PPV.

I think Arlovski/Cro-Cop will be the next heavyweight showdown for the title... and I also agree that it will be a shame for the Natural to have to get pummeled by CC. That guy is going to dominate the heavyweight division in a bad way. Heck, Fedor couldn't beat him except by going to the cards. He's arguably the best out there (even better than Fedor).

Let's not go crazy. Fedor man handled Cro-Cop the last time they fought. Fedor is just too much beef and way too fast for Mirko. If they fight again who knows? But I would have to put money down on Fedor.

Cro-Cop's next fight is going to be a UFC fight in England. They haven't announced who he will fight, but it would be kind of fun to see A.A. get thrown around like a rag doll.;)

OU4LIFE
3/2/2007, 11:32 AM
Dude, I wouldn't bet on anyone against Fedor....ANYONE.

that guy is ridiculous.

JohnnyMack
3/2/2007, 11:39 AM
Dude, I wouldn't bet on anyone against Fedor....ANYONE.

You obviously haven't seen me without my shirt on.

Sooner_Bob
3/2/2007, 01:04 PM
Fedor got pushed harder in his last fight than he has in a while.

And yes, I'd love to see The Natural take the belt away from Silvia.

Has anyone bothered to watch the World Fight League that Chuck Norris started? I caught part of a match last Sunday and it wasn't half bad. It's not MMA, but kickboxing.

Or how about the new Showtime MMA promotion? I caught a replay of it last week as well. That women's fight was probably the best one on the card.

KC//CRIMSON
3/2/2007, 01:52 PM
and fighting up a weight class, but I'm sure hoping Randy Couture can pimp slap the ever-lovin shiat out of Tim Silvia Saturday night.

Ace and Matt Hughes are back fighting again too. Should be decent.

I think the last Pride PPV showed that the UFC and Pride aren't quite as far apart as some would like to believe. I really only see Fedor as the only guy that's unbeatable.

Silva flat out got knocked out, with a left hook.

I thought I heard something about him being sick at fight time, then I read this article. http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/index.php?mainpage=news&news_id=1018

Bottom line is that he still got beat. I think he's either still recovering from the beat down that Cro-Cop gave him or he's just been in too many battles. The guy's track record speaks for itself. I just wish he could have fought Liddell when they were both in their prime. Hard to tell what his future holds. Damn.:(

Shogun Rua on the other hand, is the new Wandy. The future so to speak. I'd really like to see this guy come over to the UFC. Watch his last fight - http://youtube.com/watch?v=z6kpDcRReyc The guy is sick.:cool:

KC//CRIMSON
3/3/2007, 02:17 PM
Cro-Cop's next fight is going to be a UFC fight in England. They haven't announced who he will fight, but it would be kind of fun to see A.A. get thrown around like a rag doll.:D

Looks like Gonzaga will be the next Cro Cop victim.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=472

ps. I hope Sylvia wins tonight so I don't have to see Cro Cop cave in Randy's skull.;)

StoopTroup
3/3/2007, 02:28 PM
I watched the countdown show on Spike TV last night.

If I was gonna bet VCash....

I'd bet Randy retires the big guy.

KC//CRIMSON
3/4/2007, 12:49 PM
ps. I hope Sylvia wins tonight so I don't have to see Cro Cop cave in Randy's skull.

Crap. Oh well.;)

Sooner_Bob
3/4/2007, 01:56 PM
Cro Cop better not underestimate Randy . . . that's gonna be one heckuva fight.

OU4LIFE
3/5/2007, 08:09 AM
man, best heavyweight UFC fight in a LONG time.

Randy just dominated him. that was sweet.

Good to see Rich Franklin get back to looking lik ehis old self again. I really thought Jason McDonald would give him some trouble.

tbl
3/5/2007, 10:05 AM
I did too, considering McDonald has upset the last two guys he was supposed to be the patsy for.

Why the heck couldn't they have scheduled Cro-Cop and Arlovsky? That should have been the decider as to who fights Couture for the title.

Merge?