PDA

View Full Version : When I want hillbilly music...

David Earl
3/1/2007, 02:15 PM
Hillbilly music is precisely what I want! :mad: Today I was in the mood for a little old country. So, I tuned the station in that pledges to play such prize hillbilly hits... And they were playing Elvis. :mad: I don't like Elvis music! GADOCADWI! If I wanted to listed to Elivis I'd tune into the station that plays his stuff. But when I want to hear George Jones bawling in his beer that his neighbor's huntin' dog died, then play the music you promise to play! :mad:

David Earl
3/1/2007, 02:15 PM
I'm mad, you people.

Hamhock
3/1/2007, 02:16 PM
couldn't agree more. 99.5 in tulsa pulls the same crap.

king of r&r does not equal classic country.

i feel your pain, man.

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 02:24 PM
Hillbilly music is precisely what I want! :mad: Today I was in the mood for a little old country. So, I tuned the station in that pledges to play such prize hillbilly hits... And they were playing Elvis. :mad: I don't like Elvis music! GADOCADWI! If I wanted to listed to Elivis I'd tune into the station that plays his stuff. But when I want to hear George Jones bawling in his beer that his neighbor's huntin' dog died, then play the music you promise to play! :mad:

Dude, you simply cannot get any more hillbilly than Elvis. Fried nanner sammiches? A dump in Tennessee he called a "mansion?" Gettin' all likkered up and shooting holes in the wall of said dump? Naming his child with two names? Tupelo, by gawd Mississippi? Sorry amigo, Elvis is hillbilly through and through.

crawfish
3/1/2007, 02:27 PM
I need a little less conversation and a little more action here.

Hamhock
3/1/2007, 02:32 PM
Dude, you simply cannot get any more hillbilly than Elvis. Fried nanner sammiches? A dump in Tennessee he called a "mansion?" Gettin' all likkered up and shooting holes in the wall of said dump? Naming his child with two names? Tupelo, by gawd Mississippi? Sorry amigo, Elvis is hillbilly through and through.

he was the king of ROCK AND ROLL. The king of ROCK AND ROLL doesn't belong on a classic country station.

Kid Rock is hillbilly too. That doesn't mean his music belongs with the other hillbilly's music.

King Crimson
3/1/2007, 02:37 PM
Elvis sun records sessions is good hillbilly music.

David Earl
3/1/2007, 02:52 PM
Dean, the fact that Elvis was personally a hillbilly is not the point. His rockabilly music is ROCK-abilly. It ain't classic country.

KC//CRIMSON
3/1/2007, 02:55 PM
They stopped loving David Earl........today;)

OzarkSooner
3/1/2007, 02:58 PM
Watch that movie of Elvis'...Kissin' Cousins or something. It is his best attempt to be a Hillbilly and he fails miserably. Trust me, he may have been a hick, but he's no hilbilly.

;)

David Earl
3/1/2007, 03:00 PM
They stopped loving David Earl........today

Dude, that is the saddest song in all of country music right there.

King Crimson
3/1/2007, 03:06 PM
Watch that movie of Elvis'...Kissin' Cousins or something. It is his best attempt to be a Hillbilly and he fails miserably. Trust me, he may have been a hick, but he's no hilbilly.

;)

how do you know? i think it's only for the Great "I've never beat a ranked team" Bill Callahan to decide....he's the expert in all these things.

Hamhock
3/1/2007, 03:09 PM
Dude, that is the saddest song in all of country music right there.

what about the one where the truckers line up outside the little kid's house?

VeeJay
3/1/2007, 03:25 PM
http://www.corsonh.com/images/photo/photos/graceland/9%20Elvis%27%20birthpl%20Tupelo.JPG

crawfish
3/1/2007, 04:06 PM
I'll play you some hillbilly music if you squeal real nice.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/07/36/39/image_339367.jpg

David Earl
3/1/2007, 04:28 PM
The saddest song is "She Called Me Baby" by Charlie Rich

Dude, that's not even as sad as "If We Make it through December".