PDA

View Full Version : anybody see McCain on Letterman?

picasso
3/1/2007, 11:16 AM
he's a bit loopy but well spoken and makes a good case whatever the argument.

it was funny seeing Letterman try to be a concerned intellectual type.

OzarkSooner
3/1/2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, with Letterman, it seems you're always waiting on the punch line no matter what kind of question he asks.

I chalk McCain's loopiness up to his time as a P.O.W. That's gotta' do something long-term to ya'.

OhU1
3/1/2007, 02:00 PM
McCain isn't that intellectual himself. I once saw Ken Shamrock (a fighter in the UFC) get the best of McCain in a brief debate about boxing and the UFC. McCain really didn't have a point other than to try to defend his friends at Budweiser who sponsor boxing and were/are threatened by the competition of the UFC.

I respect what McCain did in Vietnam. I'm not sure what to make of him as a politician.

sooneron
3/1/2007, 02:02 PM
As a registered independent, I'd vote for him.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2007, 02:07 PM
I respect his service but would not vote for him.
I will not vote for Rudy.
I will not vote for Romney.
I will not vote for Huckabee.
I would vote for Ron Paul
I would vote for Tancredo
I would possibly vote for Gingrich.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/1/2007, 02:09 PM
I would vote for Ru Paul
I would possibly vote for Gingrich.

Fixed.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/1/2007, 02:11 PM
I would vote for Ron Paul
I would possibly vote for Gingrich.What if the opponent for any of those people was Obama, Gore or the Clintons?

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2007, 02:15 PM
What if the opponent for any of those people was Obama, Gore or the Clintons?

Doesn't matter. I'm not voting for Clinton or Gore either although I'd consider Obama purely as a "punishment vote" against the GOP for not nominating an actual conservative.

Otherwise, I'm voting 3rd party. Probably Constitution or Libertarian. I'm most likely to vote Libertarian because I think they have the most potential for eventually becoming viable.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/1/2007, 02:17 PM
Doesn't matter. I'm not voting for Clinton or Gore either although I'd consider Obama purely as a "punishment vote" against the GOP for not nominating an actual conservative.

Otherwise, I'm voting 3rd party. Probably Constitution or Libertarian. I'm most likely to vote Libertarian because I think they have the most potential for eventually becoming viable.Bully for you, smart guy!

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2007, 02:20 PM
Bully for you, smart guy!
Should that have sarcasm tags?

Tear Down This Wall
3/1/2007, 02:53 PM
There's not a Republican or Democrat yet that I'd vote for in 2008. All of the most self-serving of the jackas*ses have already throw their names in the ring. Maybe a lesser jackas*s will decide to run later. The bunch running now is hopeless...and they all suck.

SoonerProphet
3/1/2007, 03:30 PM
Ron Paul

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 04:13 PM
There's not a Republican or Democrat yet that I'd vote for in 2008. All of the most self-serving of the jackas*ses have already throw their names in the ring. Maybe a lesser jackas*s will decide to run later. The bunch running now is hopeless...and they all suck.
don't hold your breathe waiting for anything better. it's either mccain, guilliani, obama, or clinton. that's it. as far as the two parties go anyway. no one else would be able to raise enough money imo. (which is supposed to hit like 500 million this time. yikes! :eek:)

King Crimson
3/1/2007, 04:20 PM
tom tancredo? he's an idiot.

picasso
3/1/2007, 06:46 PM
McCain isn't that intellectual himself. I once saw Ken Shamrock (a fighter in the UFC) get the best of McCain in a brief debate about boxing and the UFC. McCain really didn't have a point other than to try to defend his friends at Budweiser who sponsor boxing and were/are threatened by the competition of the UFC.

I respect what McCain did in Vietnam. I'm not sure what to make of him as a politician.
because he couldn't make a strong argument concerning boxing?

heh.

what say steroid puppy goes at him on the subject of geo-politics.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 07:16 PM
eh, mccain probably won't be able to hold up in the primary if whomever was behind his brutal smearing in 2000 pops up again.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2007, 07:19 PM
eh, mccain probably won't be able to hold up in the primary if whomever was behind his brutal smearing in 2000 pops up again.

Well, he's already hired a lot of those people (not necessarily the ones involved) but I doubt the big kahuna will be working for McCain.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 07:22 PM
Well, he's already hired a lot of those people (not necessarily the ones involved) but I doubt the big kahuna will be working for McCain.
by big kahuna are you referring to the BIG karlhuna?

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 07:24 PM
also, i know its early in the campaign season, but when does everybody think that video of guilliani dressed like a woman is gonna mysteriously pop up again? i thought it was funny, btw.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2007, 07:32 PM
by big kahuna are you referring to the BIG karlhuna?

That would be the one.