PDA

View Full Version : Do ya know what I f*$@ing hate?!?

KaiserSooner
3/1/2007, 09:45 AM
I hate it that the Dept of Transportation makes my a$$ late to work because these dunderheads decide to lay brick at the intersection of 23rd Street and the I-235 offramp during MORNING RUSH HOUR.

I literally waited 30 fuc*ing minutes on a damn off ramp. I'm so steamed right now.

Hatfield
3/1/2007, 09:47 AM
i applaud your use of dunderhead

colleyvillesooner
3/1/2007, 09:47 AM
Well, better get off the message board and get to work!

:D

frankensooner
3/1/2007, 10:07 AM
Man, I zipped right past that this morning. I did get stopped by a train and drove 5 miles per hour on the Broadway Extension though. Took me 25 minutes for a 15 minute drive. I got to work 5 minutes early for once!

FaninAma
3/1/2007, 10:34 AM
I hate it that the Dept of Transportation makes my a$$ late to work because these dunderheads decide to lay brick at the intersection of 23rd Street and the I-235 offramp during MORNING RUSH HOUR.

I literally waited 30 fuc*ing minutes on a damn off ramp. I'm so steamed right now.

I think that's how work crews are assigned in most large cities. Priority is given to the busiest intersections and roads at the busiest times.

I am 100% sure that the Amarillo road maintenance department was allowed to work on the roads near the 2 large hospitals in the city between 7:30 am to 9am, 11:30am to 1 pm and 4pm to 5:30 pm.

frankensooner
3/1/2007, 10:47 AM
Here is the height of stupidity. Oklahoma City has these Marathon thingies sometimes and guess where the route goes, up Lincoln Blvd. Right past the Hospitals. and guess what, my wife works at these hospitals. So she as well as her other co-workers, and the ambulances and patients have to drive several miles out of their way to get to the hospital. I mean come on, is it a good idea to block traffic next to a couple of hospitals?

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 10:51 AM
Here is the height of stupidity. Oklahoma City has these Marathon thingies sometimes and guess where the route goes, up Lincoln Blvd. Right past the Hospitals. and guess what, my wife works at these hospitals. So she as well as her other co-workers, and the ambulances and patients have to drive several miles out of their way to get to the hospital. I mean come on, is it a good idea to block traffic next to a couple of hospitals?

They have routes for emergency vehicles to get to the hospitals. Quit whining just because you're too lazy to run.

frankensooner
3/1/2007, 10:59 AM
I just don't like listening to my wife complain about her morning drive! Come on okc think of my pain. ;)

KaiserSooner
3/1/2007, 12:13 PM
Well, better get off the message board and get to work!

:D

lol, you bastard.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/1/2007, 12:50 PM
30 mintues?? I have sat longer in a Taco Bell drive thru lane down here! HAHA! All kidding aside, it is annoying when they do construction in rush hour unless it is an absolute have to fix right now to make everyone late.

sooneron
3/1/2007, 02:00 PM
30 minutes? Pfft! I've sat that long and traveled one block.

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 02:13 PM
It's never taken me more than 30 minutes to drive the 31 or so miles it is from my place to work. Except when there was ice. I don't know how you people make it.

KaiserSooner
3/1/2007, 04:00 PM
30 mintues?? I have sat longer in a Taco Bell drive thru lane down here! HAHA! All kidding aside, it is annoying when they do construction in rush hour unless it is an absolute have to fix right now to make everyone late.

And that's the thing...it isn't a must fix. Wanna know what they're doing? They're bricking, yes, bricking the pedestrian crosswalks at that intersection!!!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/1/2007, 04:31 PM
And that's the thing...it isn't a must fix. Wanna know what they're doing? They're bricking, yes, bricking the pedestrian crosswalks at that intersection!!!

Yeah, that probably could have waited...who is walking in that part of town anyways. Isn't that "pack your own handgun" part of town?

frankensooner
3/1/2007, 04:37 PM
I just drove past it a couple of minutes ago and they have added three more bricks from this morning.

Jimminy Crimson
3/1/2007, 04:39 PM
Probably just on order to get some bootification done before this next weekend... Not that anyone is walking in that area. haha

frankensooner
3/1/2007, 04:41 PM
Actually there is a lot of foot traffic being that close to Byrons. A lot of guys and gal with those God Bless signs.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
3/1/2007, 05:00 PM
Actually there is a lot of foot traffic being that close to Byrons. A lot of guys and gal with those God Bless signs.

Oh, thank God for that...I never understood those people who set up shop outside the liquor store. We are not dumb...well, there are some people that are that dumb. Those people just make me mad!!!:mad: :hot: Most of them are con artists and make more money than me and you, TAX FREE!!

frankensooner
3/1/2007, 05:03 PM
Well, it isn't like they are saving it, it goes right in to pickle their livers. And yes, I have seen idots stop and give those nasty folks cash.

GrapevineSooner
3/1/2007, 05:08 PM
I'm glad I can get to work by not taking any major highways. :D