PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Tha Ladies

mdklatt
2/28/2007, 11:27 PM
Women like to primp; this is not a matter of dispute. And to head off all the protestations of "but I'm not like that": yes you are. 90% of women spend 90% more time on primping than 90% of men--look it up. Women, of course, routinely blame the shallowness and high expectations of men for this. This is either an outright lie or a complete misunderstanding of how men work. Let's break it down.

Women Stuff Do That Men Actually Care About (10%)

The basics. Tasteful makeup, a well fitting outfit (bare midriffs are a privilege, not a right), hair that at least looks you've run a comb through it, and not so much body hair that you look like a 1980 East German olympic medalist.

Women Stuff Do That Men Don't Really Care About (40%)

Most of the stuff you do to your hair belongs here: feathering, coloring, layering, curling, highlighting, etc. Fancy outfits are also in this category, including--and I know this will be controversial--sexy outfits. Let me explain. All of this stuff may look nice (assuming we notice; see below), but it's just not a deal maker or breaker for us. If we like you with fancy hair and a sexy* dress, we'll like you with your hair down and wearing sweats--and possibly even more.

*We don't need to actually see you in a sexy outfit to picture you in a sexy outfit, if you catch my drift. :texan:

Women Stuff Do That Men Don't Even Notice (40%)

Most of the stuff you do to your hair can easily end up in this category. Also in here are all accessories: shoes, purses, jewelry...we don't pay attention to any of that (unless it's jewelry we bought for you, and even that's a maybe). And seriously, what's with all the purses and the shoes anyway?? Don't even try to claim any that of that nonesense has anything to do with men. I think exfoliation belongs here, but I'm not sure what that is...that's a real thing, right?

Stuff Women Do That Makes Them Look Worse (10%)

Putting on your makeup with a paint gun. Less is more. It doesn't do you any good to put on so much makeup that we don't recognize you without it. That fancy hair can backfire, too. The longer you spend in that stylist's chair, the more likely we are to notice...but not in a good way. Two words: prom hair. The thing you do where you pull out all your eyebrows and draw them back in--WTF?? Also, wearing a sexy outfit when you're not the right kind of sexy for that outfit, or just not sexy at all.

So, if 90% of the primping women do doesn't make them look any better to men, then who is to blame? Other women. Most primping is done to keep other women from calling you a "fug" or a "skank" behind your back. Of course, if you look better than they do they'll just call you a "slut" or a "skank" anway when you go to the restroom. [Aha! That's why women always go to the restroom in groups--so nobody can talk about them behind their backs!]

Even the 10% of primping that makes a difference to men can be blamed on women, or perhaps a single woman. Back in the day, no women wore makeup, and men were none the wiser. Then, one day a woman decided to slap some berry juice on her lips to give herself an advantage, and the arms race was on.

There's a reason men's grooming standards haven't changed since the invention of soap--that's how we want it. We're putting forth a unified front for the good of all men. There can be no chinks in the armor. We cannot let the primping camel get it's nose under the tent. We will not stand for higher expectations for our appearance. And that is the real reason for the backlash against metrosexuals. It's not that they're a bunch of nancy boys, but that they're going to screw it up for the rest of us. Woe unto the bastard who started manscaping if that ever becomes the norm.

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 11:40 PM
After all that . Can I fart now ?

Mixer!
2/28/2007, 11:40 PM
There's a Lid joke in here somewhere.

Partial Qualifier
2/28/2007, 11:41 PM
bravo, mdklatt. Bravo.

Tailwind
2/28/2007, 11:42 PM
Pfffffftttttttttttttttt!

soonerboomer93
2/28/2007, 11:44 PM
spek tacular

If we like you with fancy hair and a sexy* dress, we'll like you with your hair down and wearing sweats--and possibly even more. very true for me atleast

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 11:48 PM
If we like you with your Hair down , and nekked we will like you forever !

SoonerGirl06
2/28/2007, 11:53 PM
You mean to tell me it doesn't matter to guys if a woman is nicely dressed or wearing a pair of sweats... you're gonna like us either way? I find that very hard to believe.

SoonerGirl06
2/28/2007, 11:54 PM
If we like you with your Hair down , and nekked we will like you forever !

Now that I can believe! :D

1stTimeCaller
2/28/2007, 11:54 PM
sweats are easier to get off than a lot of other **** that y'all wear. just sayin'

;)

SoonerGirl06
2/28/2007, 11:56 PM
sweats are easier to get off than a lot of other **** that y'all wear. just sayin'

;)

That is one of the many benefits of wearing sweats...;)

Mongo
2/28/2007, 11:56 PM

;)

pffft, like you know

yermom
2/28/2007, 11:57 PM
just leave the Uggs at home ;)

olevetonahill
3/1/2007, 12:01 AM
You mean to tell me it doesn't matter to guys if a woman is nicely dressed or wearing a pair of sweats... you're gonna like us either way? I find that very hard to believe.
Pretty much it. !
Lose the lipstick carp . look decent , Ill take a woman the way she really is , Cause I aint gonna hide a dayum thing , I fart and belch , scratch in inappropriate places at the wrong times , etc.
Im just ME , I want a woman who Is JUST her !

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 12:03 AM
just leave the Uggs at home ;)

THAT won't be a problem here. Those are about the ugliest things I've witnessed in womens fashion in years! :eek:

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 12:04 AM
Pretty much it. !
Lose the lipstick carp . look decent , Ill take a woman the way she really is , Cause I aint gonna hide a dayum thing , I fart and belch , scratch in inappropriate places at the wrong times , etc.
Im just ME , I want a woman who Is JUST her !

Well true about the being yourself part... but don't ya want her to look nice?

soonerboomer93
3/1/2007, 12:07 AM
not really, my girlfriend looks the best to me when I waking up in the morning for work and she's still asleep

(of course, maybe because she's actually being quiet could be the reason)

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 12:08 AM

Here's the straight dope: All we care about is naked. The only way we rank clothing is how naked you are in it. A $20 tracksuit is no different than a $2000 pantsuit because it's all the same amount of non-naked.

olevetonahill
3/1/2007, 12:12 AM
Well true about the being yourself part... but don't ya want her to look nice?
IF ??????
Shes being her REAL self . She looks More than Nice .

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 12:13 AM
Here's the straight dope: All we care about is naked. The only way we rank clothing is how naked you are in it. A $20 tracksuit is no different than a $2000 pantsuit because it's all the same amount of non-naked.

Well... hell! You mean all this time I could have been saving money and just walked around naked?

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 12:15 AM
IF ??????
Shes being her REAL self . She looks More than Nice .

I get you're point and you are correct.

Same for men too.... The most unattractive man is one who is so full of himself... The most attractive man is one who is so sure of himself.

olevetonahill
3/1/2007, 12:21 AM
Well... hell! You mean all this time I could have been saving money and just walked around naked?
yup

Penguin
3/1/2007, 12:22 AM
So, I'm the only guy on here that likes it when a woman cares about her appearance?

Makeup and lipsitck are fine by me, baby.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 12:22 AM

It's just that easy! :D

I am dumbfounded by how women can have so much trouble dealing with men. I'm convinced that women are smarter than men; your brains work on a completely different level than ours. For every social interaction your brain runs through a thousand scenarios and then picks out the best course of action. It's like a chess supercomputer going on in your heads. You need all that problem-solving ability when dealing with other women, of course, because you all can be a bunch of back-stabbing axe wounds. But none of that is necessary when dealing with men.

What do we want? Sex.
What are we thinking about right now? Sex.
What is our ulterior motive* in a given situation? Sex.

The answer is always sex.

*This is a trick question because men are not actually capable of ulterior motives.

Penguin
3/1/2007, 12:23 AM
And perfume. I loves me a woman that wears perfume.

yermom
this is all true, unless we are talking about a schoolgirl outfit, then it's a whole different story ;)

mdklatt
So, I'm the only guy on here that likes it when a woman cares about her appearance?

That's the first 10%. Do you care about hair highlights, expensive shoes, and a cute purse?

Tailwind
3/1/2007, 12:24 AM
The most attractive man is the one who's in my bed.

mdklatt
this is all true, unless we are talking about a schoolgirl outfit, then it's a whole different story ;)

Well, yeah.

yermom

I am dumbfounded by how women can have so much trouble dealing with men. I'm convinced that women are smarter than men; your brains work on a completely different level than ours. For every social interaction your brain runs through a thousand scenarios and then picks out the best course of action. It's like a chess supercomputer going on in your heads. You need all that problem-solving ability when dealing with other women, of course, because you all can be a bunch of back-stabbing axe wounds. But none of that is necessary when dealing with men.

What do we want? Sex.

*This is a trick question because men are not actually capable of ulterior motives.

heh, axe wound

:eek:

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 12:30 AM

What do we want? Sex.

Men are easy to deal with... because all you want is sex.... which isn't a bad thing... but the sooner women realize that the easier it is to figure you guys out... and the easier it is to deal with ya'll. But wouldn't you rather have sex with a woman that looks good, takes care of herself and dresses well than with a woman who doesn't?

As far as dealing with other women... don't put me in that category of being a back-stabbing axe wounds. Good God! I can't stand it when women to that... it gives most of us good hearted women a bad name which really ****es me off.

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 12:32 AM

That's comforting to hear. ;)

I like dressing up and looking nice... not to just impress the opposite sex, but because it makes me feel good about myself as well.

yermom
3/1/2007, 12:34 AM
But wouldn't you rather have sex with a woman that looks good, takes care of herself and dresses well than with a woman who doesn't?

sure, take care of yourself... that's different than primping, etc...

take a shower, comb your hair, take care of your skin, etc...

if a guy likes you in sweats or in jeans and a t-shirt, he likes you

not that other stuff isn't sexy, but it's more for the chick than it is for the guy

girls just like shopping for stuff ;)

olevetonahill
3/1/2007, 12:36 AM
The most attractive man is the one who's in my bed.
I aint there :mad:

olevetonahill
3/1/2007, 12:37 AM
I thot it was the French maid thingy .

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 12:46 AM
I thot it was the French maid thingy .

I thought you guys digged the whole cheerleader thingy?!?!

Would ya'll make up your minds so I can figure out which outfit to order! ;) :D

olevetonahill
3/1/2007, 12:46 AM
Ok heres the real deal thingy
A woman likes the dress up , Paint up thingy for ONE reason only
They want to OUTSHINE their competition .
Now If a guy Likes you , He dont give a shat! all that paint does is get in the way !
So are you Women trying to attract A Man or compete with another Female ?
If Ya want This Old fart just be urself . If you want to compete ? then I stay home !:pop:

olevetonahill
3/1/2007, 12:48 AM

Get exclusively in My bedroom then we can talk specifics !:twinkies:

soonerboomer93
3/1/2007, 12:51 AM
sure, take care of yourself... that's different than primping, etc...

take a shower, comb your hair, take care of your skin, etc...

if a guy likes you in sweats or in jeans and a t-shirt, he likes you

not that other stuff isn't sexy, but it's more for the chick than it is for the guy

girls just like shopping for stuff ;)

very much true

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 12:53 AM
Ok heres the real deal thingy
A woman likes the dress up , Paint up thingy for ONE reason only
They want to OUTSHINE their competition .
Now If a guy Likes you , He dont give a shat! all that paint does is get in the way !
So are you Women trying to attract A Man or compete with another Female ?
If Ya want This Old fart just be urself . If you want to compete ? then I stay home !:pop:

I'm not trying to compete... I think that whole mindset with women is ridiculous.. but that's JMO. I thought that by dressing up and looking nice was a way to attract the opposite sex... but I'm also gonna be myself.

Sooo if a guys wants to be with me, he'll have to get used to my getting dressed up, wearing make-up, looking nice and being myself.... :)

soonerboomer93
3/1/2007, 12:55 AM

you're forgetting the nurse also

it's all good for some variety

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 12:57 AM
you're forgetting the nurse also

it's all good for some variety

Ahhh... yes! The nurse outfit! Never met a guy who didn't like getting his temperature taken...;)

tommieharris91
3/1/2007, 12:57 AM
I'm not trying to compete... I think that whole mindset with women is ridiculous.. but that's JMO. I thought that by dressing up and looking nice was a way to attract the opposite sex... but I'm also gonna be myself.

Sooo if a guys wants to be with me, he'll have to get used to my getting dressed up, wearing make-up, looking nice and being myself.... :)

How you doin? :cool:

olevetonahill
3/1/2007, 01:02 AM

Im a guy ;)
Lets start out with Nekked then work our way up from there !

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 01:04 AM
Im a guy ;)
Lets start out with Nekked then work our way up from there !

Uh yeah.... I wouldn't want to take things toooo fast. ;)

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 01:06 AM
But wouldn't you rather have sex with a woman that looks good, takes care of herself and dresses well than with a woman who doesn't?

Define "looks good", "takes care of herself", and "dresses well". That can all fall in the first 10%. Women have much different meanings for these terms than men do. For example, for women "dresses well" often means "wears fashionable labels". "Looks good" means she's wearing eyeliner that goes with her skin tone or some such nonesense.

A pretty girl is going to look pretty without an ounce of makeup or a stitch of clothes on--so to speak. On the other hand, you can put $500 worth of Mary Kay on a pig and stuff it in a Versace dress, and it's still a pig.

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 01:08 AM
pffft, like you know
I hear people talkin', I be listenin'.

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 01:10 AM
Define "looks good", "takes care of herself", and "dresses well". That can all fall in the first 10%. Women have much different meanings for these terms than men do. For example, for women "dresses well" often means "wears fashionable labels". "Looks good" means she's wearing eyeliner that goes with her skin tone or some such nonesense.

A pretty girl is going to look pretty without an ounce of makeup or a stitch of clothes on--so to speak. On the other hand, you can put $500 worth of Mary Kay on a pig and stuff it in a Versace dress, and it's still a pig.

A woman doesn't have to spend alot of money to "look good"... "take care of herself"... or "dress well". It's all in how she personifies herself... which says soooo much more than anything money can buy IMHO.

Which I'm basically saying... you're right in your comments above.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 01:13 AM
I like dressing up and looking nice... not to just impress the opposite sex, but because it makes me feel good about myself as well.

DING DING DING!

That's a perfectly valid reason, just don't pull out the martyr card when your feet are killing you in the $300 pair of shoes that don't even fit right. ;)

FYI, bitching about shoes that don't fit is not a turn-on, no matter how good you think you look in them.

tommieharris91
3/1/2007, 01:13 AM
Bleh, you people don't realize how much sexier a girl looks in Polo things and pearls. Any girl that does that catches my eye, easy.

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 01:14 AM
mdklatt's been cross-dressing again hasn't he?

tommieharris91
3/1/2007, 01:14 AM
FYI, bitching is not a turn-on, no matter how good you look.

Fixed for ya.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 01:15 AM
mdklatt's been cross-dressing again hasn't he?

:les: IT MAKES ME FEEL PRETTY!

:O

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 01:18 AM
it's hard to beat boots, a short denim skirt, and pigtails.

mmmmmm pigtails.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 01:22 AM
it's hard to beat canvas tennis shoes (no socks), a short denim skirt, and pigtails.

mmmmmm short denim skirt.

Fixed. :texan:

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 01:24 AM
Who are we kidding here? You'd look good in a burlap sack, and your hair is too short to put into pigtails.

soonerboomer93
3/1/2007, 01:24 AM
have I ever mentioned the fact that asian women have a thing for wearing short skirts and boots?

(but the school girls wear sneakers)

tommieharris91
3/1/2007, 01:26 AM
Short skirts = :hot:

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 01:28 AM
Who are we kidding here? You'd look good in a burlap sack, and your hair is too short to put into pigtails.

:eek:

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 01:34 AM
DING DING DING!

That's a perfectly valid reason, just don't pull out the martyr card when your feet are killing you in the $300 pair of shoes that don't even fit right. ;)

FYI, bitching about shoes that don't fit is not a turn-on, no matter how good you think you look in them.

I'll remember not to bitch...

... would whining be acceptable?

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 01:36 AM
it's hard to beat boots, a short denim skirt, and pigtails.

mmmmmm pigtails.

Pigtails!?!?!? :confused:

So like Mary-Anne was your fav on Gilligan's Island, huh?

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 01:37 AM
... would whining be acceptable?

:les: BUY SHOES THAT FIT!!

SoonerGirl06
3/1/2007, 01:43 AM
:les: BUY SHOES THAT FIT!!

You're just no fun! ;)

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 01:44 AM

it was a tie between her and Mrs. Howell

soonerboomer93
3/1/2007, 02:35 AM

pigtails, they serve many many a use

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 02:40 AM
:les: HANDLEBARS!

crawfish
3/1/2007, 08:55 AM
My wife takes 10 minutes longer that the amount of allotted time she has to get ready. If we've gotta leave in 10 minutes, she'll be ready in 20. If we gotta leave in 2 hours, she'll be ready in 2hrs 10m.

It's a shame that I can't deduct that time from my lifespan. :(

SoonerJack
3/1/2007, 09:20 AM

<nerd snort> And don't forget the Princess Leia outfit from Return of the Jedi. </nerd snort>.

We need a nerd smiley with taped glasses. ;)

TexasLidig8r
3/1/2007, 09:35 AM
Hillbillies......:rolleyes:

First, a woman who has a comfort level about her... a confidence and carries herself with that intangible air, is incredibly sexy.

Second, she has to be well.. uh.. groomed. Take care of yourself.. cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Third, go to a professional for advice on the hair and make up... get ideas, have them work on you, let them see a bit of your personality work with them for the accents which best suit you. THEN... go somewhere else and do the same thing again.. make sure the first one wasn't just trying to sell you their products.

Ok.. by now, you know enough how not to paint yourself up like a $2 hooker on dollar day.. as for lingerie and the sort.. here's an idea.. ASK the man in your life.. and do it cleverly. Have a Victoria's Secret catalogue or other fun catalogue and ask... "how would I look in that?" Now, we men, as a rule, do not communicate well and will grunt out the obligatory, "You'd look great in anything!".. So you look for subtle signs.. the eyes dilating, increase in breathing, flush in the cheeks, stirring in a certain region... when you see those signs, then THAT is the outfit, or none, to get. It may be the french maid outfit.. the nurses outfit, it may be the bustier and stockings (mmmmmmmm)...

Find what works for you, what you like, what appeals to your significant other.. and have fun with it.

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 10:19 AM
Well I'm glad we've finally heard from Lid on this subject. Nobody knows how a woman thinks/feels more than him.

NormanPride
3/1/2007, 10:36 AM
I'm waiting for Pat to chime in.

TexasLidig8r
3/1/2007, 10:45 AM
Well I'm glad we've finally heard from Lid on this subject. Nobody knows how a woman thinks/feels more than him.

Because of my incredible ability to communicate, to listen, to empathize, to look into a woman's eyes and see into her very soul?... to be able to touch her gentlest sensitivities and know, and understand and nurture the very essence of a woman? And, I can do that because I am confident of my masculinity, that I can be strong yet sensitive.. a great communicator?

Thanks Dean.. that may be the best compliment you ever paid to me... you old, stickin' your arm up a cow's butt man's man you! :D

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah. One other thing. Sex is NOT the only thing men think/want. Not even close.

Here's what a man wants:

1. A female who is loyal. If he's always worried you're out giving knobbers to his buddies it ain't gonna work.

2. A female who is steady. If your emotions run the gamut from Mary and her lamb to Nurse Ratchet, nobody wants to be with you. Nobody likes Sybil.

3. A female who understands; and more importantly embraces her role as a female. You were put on this earth to nurture, nurse, and provide support to your mate. It's OK to wear the pants at work, but not in my house.

4. A female who understands that sex is not a tool to get what you want. Sex is for you and your mate to enjoy together. Nothing more (other than pro-creation). Your coochie is not a bartering chip.

All the hair color, nails, clothes, fake tits, shoes, etc. is for you, not him.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 10:56 AM
Oh yeah. One other thing. Sex is NOT the only thing men think/want. Not even close.

It's not all we want, but we always want it. :texan:

frankensooner
3/1/2007, 10:56 AM
I once again agree with Dean, and not because I am sucking up. ;) My wife is the most loyal person I know. I could trust her without hesitation in any situtation. That is a beautiful thing. Of course, when I tell her she is the most beautiful person in the world, she accuses me of being full of crap, but she is to me.

Maturity is another biggie. Who wants a woman who thrives on drama 24/7 really, it gets old. And there is nothing worse than a fibbertigibbit, real or feigned.

And you single guys, all women have issues, you just find the one who's crazy you can best deal with and stick with her. And all the make up and fancy clothes and hairdos don't matter if the woman is a crazy yainch! ;)

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 10:57 AM
It's not all we want, but we always want it. :texan:

Only the guys who never get it.

Viking Kitten
3/1/2007, 11:15 AM
Let me put it this way...

I don't start threads on Middle Eastern politics. Do you know why? Because, although I recognize that there are problems that must be addressed, I have not spent years of my life studying these issues and I am not able to offer what I would consider an informed opinion. I am aware that there are thousands of multi-layered complexities that I don't begin to understand.

So with that in mind, please remember when you start threads about female grooming, most of the women in this forum have spent the last 20-30 years studying all the ins and outs of what it takes to makes ourselves look attractive, and many of us have also spent significant amounts of time learning what it takes to aesthetically please the specific man with whom we share our lives.

If you are a man who is happy with a woman who shlubs around in sweats and a scrunchie, that is wonderful! I've seen many women who enjoy sporting that look. Years of happiness and blessings to you all. However to say that NO men appreciate a woman who likes to gussie up a little... well that would be like me telling Condi Rice that the way to handle the situation in the Mid-East is "nuke their a** and take their gas," you see? To say such a thing is exposing ignorance.

And if you don't know what exfoliation is... trust me... you'll figure it out once you try to spoon up with someone who hasn't done it.

OCUDad
3/1/2007, 11:23 AM
VK >>> Dean

frankensooner
3/1/2007, 11:27 AM
The beauty inside is 10x more attractive than the outside package, but I do likes me some hotties, like my missus.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 11:36 AM
Only the guys who aren't old like me.

;)

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 11:39 AM
However to say that NO men appreciate a woman who likes to gussie up a little... well that would be like me telling Condi Rice that the way to handle the situation in the Mid-East is "nuke their a** and take their gas," you see?

That's not what I said. We do appreciate it, but it's not a requirement. In other words, don't act like lipstick and high heels are some kind of conspiracy devised by men to keep women in their place.

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 11:47 AM
Let me put it this way...

I don't start threads on Middle Eastern politics. Do you know why? Because, although I recognize that there are problems that must be addressed, I have not spent years of my life studying these issues and I am not able to offer what I would consider an informed opinion. I am aware that there are thousands of multi-layered complexities that I don't begin to understand.

So with that in mind, please remember when you start threads about female grooming, most of the women in this forum have spent the last 20-30 years studying all the ins and outs of what it takes to makes ourselves look attractive, and many of us have also spent significant amounts of time learning what it takes to aesthetically please the specific man with whom we share our lives.

If you are a man who is happy with a woman who shlubs around in sweats and a scrunchie, that is wonderful! I've seen many women who enjoy sporting that look. Years of happiness and blessings to you all. However to say that NO men appreciate a woman who likes to gussie up a little... well that would be like me telling Condi Rice that the way to handle the situation in the Mid-East is "nuke their a** and take their gas," you see? To say such a thing is exposing ignorance.

And if you don't know what exfoliation is... trust me... you'll figure it out once you try to spoon up with someone who hasn't done it.

Oh quit. You know that you all spend 90% of your time all "shlubbed up in sweats and a scrunchie." And you see, we've gotta love you just the same as when you get all dolled up and spray on some smell-good.

Every guy likes him some arm candy. Every guy likes going out and having other guys admire his good fortune. But what we like even more is knowing that arm candy ain't all make-up and bleach. That she's dolling up for us, not all the other guys admiring her wares.

And exfoliation RMFO.

TexasLidig8r
3/1/2007, 12:20 PM
And exfoliation RMFO.

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/72798/200.jpg (javascript:popUp('/popups/largerphoto/default.asp?pid=72798&catid=25317&size=300&trx=29888&trxp1=72798&trxp2=1','popup',550,380))

:O

It rocks.

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 12:22 PM
On chicks lid. The only ex-foliating I do is when I scratch my nards.

TexasLidig8r
3/1/2007, 12:30 PM
On chicks lid. The only ex-foliating I do is when I scratch my nards.

Dean.. you're a man of the earth.. a rugged, out doorsy, kill a bar with yor bare hands type.. than means. wind damage on the face, wrinkles... now, you also have that white collar side to you... your jaunts off to Baltimore and such.

Try it... Your face. Your wife. Will thank me. :D

MamaMia
3/1/2007, 12:30 PM
Pretty is as pretty does.

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 12:35 PM
Dean.. you're a man of the earth.. a rugged, out doorsy, kill a bar with yor bare hands type.. than means. wind damage on the face, wrinkles... now, you also have that white collar side to you... your jaunts off to Baltimore and such.

Try it... Your face. Your wife. Will thank me. :D

Dude, I have been blessed with youthful, fresh skin. I'll be 50 in August, and my face is still as soft as a baby's butt.

soonersweetie
3/1/2007, 04:42 PM

Here's what a man wants:

1. A female who is loyal. If he's always worried you're out giving knobbers to his buddies it ain't gonna work.

2. A female who is steady. If your emotions run the gamut from Mary and her lamb to Nurse Ratchet, nobody wants to be with you. Nobody likes Sybil.

3. A female who understands; and more importantly embraces her role as a female. You were put on this earth to nurture, nurse, and provide support to your mate. It's OK to wear the pants at work, but not in my house.

4. A female who understands that sex is not a tool to get what you want. Sex is for you and your mate to enjoy together. Nothing more (other than pro-creation). Your coochie is not a bartering chip.

All the hair color, nails, clothes, fake tits, shoes, etc. is for you, not him.

Dean wins brownie points!!!!! See...I knew it wasn't ALL about sex ;)

Oldnslo
3/1/2007, 05:27 PM
Because of my incredible ability to communicate, to listen, to empathize, to look into a woman's eyes and see into her very soul?... to be able to touch her gentlest sensitivities and know, and understand and nurture the very essence of a woman? And, I can do that because I am confident of my masculinity, that I can be strong yet sensitive.. a great communicator?

Is that what your ex-wife says?

i keed! i keed!

StoopTroup
3/1/2007, 05:38 PM
"I just like to help women explore their infinite number of orgasms." - Donald Sutherland / Space Cowboys

I loved that concept.

TexasLidig8r
3/1/2007, 05:53 PM
Is that what your ex-wife says?

i keed! i keed!

Nah.. She says... "MY CHILD SUPPORT IS 30 MINUTES LATE!!! I'M GONNA SUE... HOW DARE YOU! I STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE FROST BITE SURGERY ON MY PRIVATE PARTS! I WILL SHOW YOU!!!!"

:D

VeeJay
3/2/2007, 12:05 AM
I can not begin to re-count all the ridiculous and time-burning sideshows and stunts I have pulled all in the pursuit of sex.

Art fairs. Renaissance festivals (with men in kilts throwing boulders and stuff while bagpipes play). Calle Ocho (one of the worst). 10 mile charity walks. Flea markets. The Birdcage. Picking up trash in an Everglades sugar cane field. Every upside down ride on the midway at the Dade County Fair. Shooting tequila and getting kicked out of Friday Night Bingo (actually, that wasn't too bad). Helping girlfriend's friends move. The list goes on.

Would I do it all over again?

Damn right.

jacru
3/2/2007, 12:32 AM
I learned 2 things from this thread:
Dean is a wise man.
Lid is a metrosexual.

Melo
3/2/2007, 12:53 AM
Ill share what I have learned after 19 years of life:

I am who I am, and I am not who I am not. I look how I look, and with the exception of expensive surgery, I wont be looking any different. I like me, and if you don't, then **** off. I don't need anyone's approval but my own, I don't require any sort of opinion. If you hold me to a standard, and I fall short, then thats your loss. While youre figuring out where I stand on some sort of social/looks/whatever ladder, I'm busy off not giving two ****s.

I went through high school never having a boyfriend, because I refused to spend money on clothes, haircuts, makeup, etc. I never had popular friends... okay, okay... I never had many friends in general. I was never the pretty girl. In fact, Ive had more people tell me to my face how ugly I am, than I have had people tell me I look nice.

As a result, I dont function on other people's opinions. I dress how I want, I wear my hair like I want, I wear my make up how I want. Take it or leave it - its not my issue to deal with.

Ive always believed that a woman in love, a woman who is HAPPY, is more beautiful than any shade of clothing, any amount of make-up can make her.

That being said - When I first started hanging out with my boyfriend, before we were dating, I got to experience how it felt to actually care about how I looked for a guy. It was interesting. I never spent much time on it, though. Riding a bike around doesn't leave room for heels and skirts. How am I going to traipse across a field with all these boys to shoot sniper rifles and AK's in heels? How am I going to show up at a UFC fight at Hooters dressed and primped?

Anyways - I used to spend the weekends out at his house with him, or even the week, whatever, depending on which classes I had the next day. He's seen me in sweats, boxers, grungy shirts, hair pulled back, pmsing, dirty, smelly, anything and everything. And he still tells me I'm beautiful.

If you feel beautiful by the make up, the shoes, the clothes, then go for it. You shouldnt be holding yourself up to anyones standards but your own.

1stTimeCaller
3/2/2007, 01:04 AM
that sucks because in every picture you have posted of yourself you are a very pretty girl.

soonerboomer93
3/2/2007, 01:42 AM
Dean is a wise man.
Lid is flaming.

you new here?

those 2 things are pretty well known...

whatsername
3/2/2007, 07:20 AM
I'm waiting for Pat to chime in.
Pat probably hasn't even looked at this thread. She probably thinks she's perfect and needs no advice.

jacru
3/2/2007, 12:26 PM
Dean is a wise man.
Lid is a metrosexual.

you new here?

those 2 things are pretty well known...
I should have said, "I had 2 things confirmed...":D

Viking Kitten
3/2/2007, 12:34 PM
Ive always believed that a woman in love, a woman who is HAPPY, is more beautiful than any shade of clothing, any amount of make-up can make her.

Does narcissism count? :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/2/2007, 11:01 PM
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00018/85/26/18396258_l.gif

jacru
3/3/2007, 12:33 AM
Feminism was started to allow ugly women easier access to the mainstream of society. -Rush Limbaugh

frankensooner
3/5/2007, 11:27 AM
Rush Limbaugh was created to give fat-loudmouths access to vicodin. ;)

tommieharris91
3/5/2007, 12:20 PM
I agree with both of the above statements.

NormanPride
3/5/2007, 12:26 PM
that sucks because in every picture you have posted of yourself you are a very pretty girl.

Seconded. A guy even has you as an avatar.