PDA

View Full Version : This idea is teh awesome!@!!!!

Widescreen
2/28/2007, 06:33 PM
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2007-02-28T182327Z_01_N28458947_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-CRIME-SEX-PLATES.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

CINCINNATI (Reuters) - Lawmakers in Ohio said on Wednesday they want to force convicted sex offenders to use a fluorescent-green license plate on their cars so they can be easily identified.

A Republican and a Democrat in the state legislature have joined forces to propose the law, which echoes measures in several U.S. states that require convicted drunken drivers to use a yellow, pink or red plate on their cars.

"The fluorescent-green license plate will make the most egregious sex offenders easily identifiable," state Democratic Rep. Michael DeBose said in a statement.

Police said the green plates would allow them to track sex offenders, who are already required to register with the local sheriff's office and are prohibited from living within 1,000 feet of a school.

"It will give Ohio families a great peace of mind knowing that their children will be able to recognize where this danger exists," Summit County Sheriff Drew Alexander said.

Opponents of the proposed law argue the use of a special plate would stigmatize everyone who shared the offender's car -- including their spouse or children.

The proposed law will be debated in committee before a decision is made whether to put the proposal to a vote.

It's like a big mobile Scarlett A. The online databases of sex offenders is nice but I don't think they're particularly accurate.

Scott D
2/28/2007, 06:38 PM
in other news, Ohio Lawmakers want to force anyone not in Ohio to have flourescent yellow license plates to make it easier to pull them over and ticket them for alleged speeding by the Highway Patrol.

def_lazer_fc
2/28/2007, 06:47 PM
kinda like that skit on mr. show where a guy would follow the offender around all day saying "rapist here!" with a big sign around his neck pointing to the rapist.

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 06:51 PM
Not a Bad Idea in MHO
My DIL called this evening and said seh was skeered to let My Grandbabbies go to the city park cause there was someone hanging around the skool all day :mad:
this IS small town Wister . I told her Call me Ill take care of it .:cool:

OUDoc
2/28/2007, 06:54 PM
Not a Bad Idea in MHO
My DIL called this evening and said seh was skeered to let My Grandbabbies go to the city park cause there was someone hanging around the skool all day :mad:
I think playground stranger's about to disappear.

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 06:59 PM
I think playground stranger's about to disappear.
YUP
can you say "catfish shat " ?

JayD
2/28/2007, 07:00 PM
Finally, my home state does something good...

VeeJay
2/28/2007, 09:29 PM
YUP
can you say "catfish shat " ?

Heh. I speck the park will be minus one nutburger.

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 11:33 PM
Heh. I speck the park will be minus one nutburger.
You saying Pervs only have one ?
Focktard dont wanta play where My granbabbies play :twinkies:

SoonerTerry
3/1/2007, 01:03 AM
Not a Bad Idea in MHO

Call me if you want some heavily armed back-up... I also know of some very deep holes over here in western OK.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 01:20 AM
Let's do this for bad drivers than then you'll have something.

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 01:27 AM
what about those convicted of a DUI? Reckless driving? Hit & run? Burglary?

Ike
3/1/2007, 02:01 AM
I foresee this as making the roads in Ohio just a wee bit more dangerous. I mean, how often would people see one of these plates and try to run someone off the road. Perhaps causing multiple car pileups in the process.

jacru
3/2/2007, 01:04 AM
Opponents of the proposed law argue the use of a special plate would stigmatize everyone who shared the offender's car -- including their spouse or children.
I think they stigmatized their family when they committed the crime.

Melo
3/2/2007, 01:10 AM
Let's do this for bad drivers than then you'll have something.

Women drivers? :D

soonerboomer93
3/2/2007, 02:33 AM
yeah, some women might even pay to get a pink license plate

(just lie and say it's for breast cancer awareness, but only make women eligible)