boomersooner82
2/28/2007, 06:33 PM
Zabransky's going to be on the cover of NCAA '08

http://idahostatesman.com/235/story/73453.html

Sorry if this has already been posted

[place gun to head, pull trigger]

StoopTroup
2/28/2007, 06:41 PM
Don't kill yourself because someone made a bad decision.

Remember...Even if PT had led us to a win...they would have never put him on there.

Just realize how stupid they are...

def_lazer_fc
2/28/2007, 06:42 PM
ugh...i always buy those games, but i don't know if i can force myself to look at his goofy *** every time i play it. and besides, what did he really do? he's no carson palmer. or reggie bush. or larry fitzgerald. or...you get my point. he beat a decent ou team using every ounce of trickery he could muster. great win. but cover boy material? hardly.

badger
2/28/2007, 06:54 PM
EA: We are admitting that this franchise has gone on for too long...

FAN: And?

EA: And we also admit to only changing the numbers and the uniforms when necessary.

FAN: AND?!?!?!

EA: We also admit that we did no marketing research. If we had, perhaps we would have realized that Idaho has no electricity and therefore cannot play video games... scientists have determined that absence of electricity causes grass to turn blue.

snp
2/28/2007, 06:56 PM
Eh, good for them.

OU-HSV
2/28/2007, 07:09 PM
No way they're putting him on the cover. What ever happened to the whole heisman on the cover thing.

snp
2/28/2007, 07:17 PM
Larry Fitzgerald.

tommieharris91
2/28/2007, 07:18 PM
No Chris Leak, Troy Smith, or Brady Quinn?

OU-HSV
2/28/2007, 07:23 PM
I can't see them not putting Troy on the cover after the love fest everyone's had for him.

BigRedJed
2/28/2007, 07:25 PM
Let 'em have their moment in the sun. It was a huge win for them, and if they would have beaten any college power other than OU, we all would have been loving on them as much as everyone else is. Sure, they missed some opportunities to be classy winners, but so does half of college football.

It's just more motivation for next season's OU players. I hope they're really, really bitter.

OU-HSV
2/28/2007, 07:36 PM
Larry Fitzgerald.
Yeah, that's when JW got screwed out of being on the cover...right? I think it was because he came back for his Sr. season and legally they probably couldn't put him on the cover, but I thought to be fair they should put him on the game cover after his Sr. season still.

MojoRisen
2/28/2007, 07:48 PM
They are making a freakin movie for the undefeated season.

OU-HSV
2/28/2007, 07:52 PM
Leinart deserved the cover after his team dominated White's team. It's no question.
Leinart deserved the cover, no doubt...but JW deserved a cover too after his Jr. Heisman season performance. Cause if I remember correctly, Carson Palmer came back for his Senior season, right? And then after his Senior season they gave him the cover. I thought that would be fair to do w/JW as well.

okienole3
2/28/2007, 08:03 PM
Leinart deserved the cover, no doubt...but JW deserved a cover too after his Jr. Heisman season performance. Cause if I remember correctly, Carson Palmer came back for his Senior season, right? And then after his Senior season they gave him the cover. I thought that would be fair to do w/JW as well.

Incorrect. Carson was a senior when he won it.

jccouger
2/28/2007, 08:18 PM
It's just more motivation for next season's OU players. I hope they're really, really bitter.

This is what I'm thinking.

OU-HSV
2/28/2007, 08:29 PM
Well, what I'm saying is that in recent years there has been player that won the Heisman their Junior year, but came back for their Sr. season (so they didn't get on the game's cover until after their Sr. year.) Heck I guess it was Matt Lionfart

rufnek05
2/28/2007, 08:30 PM
well i guess that means i won't buy it. or if i do i'm goin to tear the cover off. F**k that guy

SoonerLB
2/28/2007, 08:48 PM
It's a plot! Something to help cover the absolute mistake that was made by awarding the Heisman to a totally undeserving winner whom was placed on a pedastal by the east coast media. Yep, a plot..............just sayin'! ;)

AzianSooner
2/28/2007, 09:02 PM
Do you know any embarrassment lose in Switzer era?

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2007, 09:06 PM
An NCAA athlete's image may not be used for a for-profit promotional purpose. This includes the cover of a video game. This is why Jason White never got the cover. This is also why Matt Leinart was not on the cover. Carson Palmer, as stated above, was on the cover after winning the Heisman his senior year.

John Kochtoston
2/28/2007, 09:20 PM
I'm perfectly fine with it. I'd probably still buy the game if Mack Brown was fellating Colt McCoy on the cover. Zabransky's hardly the worst they could do. I don't begrudge a team's one moment in the sun. They may have more, they may not. It just makes me happer that OU's had hundreds, and will have hundreds more.

SteelClip49
2/28/2007, 09:39 PM

I wasn't around but Switzer said it had to be the 1975 loss to Kansas, 23-3. Fortunately the way the season ended and UCLA defeating Ohio State made it possible for OU to win it all.

setem
2/28/2007, 09:57 PM
I am not concerned at all. I do not use the cover that comes with the game as it is! Last season Money Bags was on there and I got to AD cover.

This year I will be sporting a cover other than K-fed's!

Seamus
2/28/2007, 10:24 PM
EA: We are admitting that this franchise has gone on for too long...

FAN: And?

EA: And we also admit to only changing the numbers and the uniforms when necessary.

FAN: AND?!?!?!

EA: We also admit that we did no marketing research. If we had, perhaps we would have realized that Idaho has no electricity and therefore cannot play video games... scientists have determined that absence of electricity causes grass to turn blue.

Nice!
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

Doged
3/1/2007, 12:41 AM

That Orange Bowl loss to Arkansas sucked.

boomersooner82
3/1/2007, 01:04 AM
Question: How can their story be made into a movie before Bud's streak? One undefeated season is cute, but try 47 straight games! However, if a movie about the streak were to be made, Notre Dame would have to be painted as some sort of antagonist... so I guess that will never happen

yermom
3/1/2007, 02:02 AM
where is the :barf: smiley?

the_edge
3/1/2007, 02:48 AM
I'm sort of hoping this thread is a bad dream. I hate to be bitter over the game, but I was really hoping that dude's 15 minutes of fame was long overdrawn.

piusbovis
3/1/2007, 03:20 AM
All I need to know is that he has a "Z" tattooed on his arm. A man who is in love with himself enough to get his own name or initial on his body isn't worth a lick of spit.

Wonder how many copies he'll be buying?

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 03:22 AM
Wonder how many copies he'll be buying?
just as many as his salary at the waffle house allows him.

mxATVracer10
3/1/2007, 10:47 AM
I hope they have the Wii hacked by then so I can just rent it and copy it to the HDD instead of giving that chump any of my $$$... Oh well, if not, I'm sure Kingpin will come through again for a better cover ;)

OU-HSV
3/1/2007, 11:11 AM
just as many as his salary at the waffle house allows him.
:pop:

spek

OU-HSV
3/1/2007, 11:13 AM
I'm sort of hoping this thread is a bad dream. I hate to be bitter over the game, but I was really hoping that dude's 15 minutes of fame was long overdrawn.
Well, his passes at the combine might help put his fame in the back of people's minds soon, cause I can't see the guy landing a Pro gig. He had some ugly/inaccurate throws at the combine from the parts of his drills I saw.

Sco
3/1/2007, 11:25 AM
I'm just gonna photoshop a picture of myself in my Oklahoma jersey and stick it in the cover and brag about how I was on the cover of NCAA '08 to everyone I know.

badger
3/1/2007, 11:47 AM
I'm just gonna photoshop a picture of myself in my Oklahoma jersey and stick it in the cover and brag about how I was on the cover of NCAA '08 to everyone I know.
aren't there sites that offer this download now?

you know, the same type of sites that offer boomer sooner ringtones? :D

I have grown to not like this franchise. Hopefully with the dawn of downloadable content (I, personally, have just added "A Link to the Past" on NP's Nintendo Wii), they will start allowing downloadable rosters, as opposed to BUY THE NEW GAME EVERY YEAR! BUY! BUY! BUY!

This way, just like computer games, they can offer upgrade patches (whatever happened to player taunts? booo for removing them) easier, like stadium upgrades, player injuries and transfers (admit it, you got rid of Idiot as soon as the news broke) and even sideline twister mats to show your team where to lineup on kickoffs.

NormanPride
3/1/2007, 12:11 PM
and even sideline twister mats to show your team where to lineup on kickoffs.

heh

DuSStyBottoms22
3/1/2007, 12:36 PM
I call BS. The only source reporting this is the idaho newspaper and the only links referring to this are quoting said newspaper. I'll wait for EA's announcement.

OUDL
3/1/2007, 12:39 PM
Just to get that guy off the cover i will make anyone that wants one and is willing to send me the photopaper a OU cover. i do it every year, ask reggie smith if he likes his. :) i will probably take a few suggestions, if you have any good pictures of the players send them to me and i can get them into the cover less than a week after the game comes out.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/1/2007, 12:46 PM
Well we will know by the end of tomorrow....

http://www.easports.com/ncaa08/

landrun
3/1/2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah, that's when JW got screwed out of being on the cover...right? I think it was because he came back for his Sr. season and legally they probably couldn't put him on the cover, but I thought to be fair they should put him on the game cover after his Sr. season still.

I wondered why they never put a current player on the cover.

Makes sense now. Stupid me. :cool:

fwsooner22
3/1/2007, 01:00 PM
If we were the underdog and beat Ohio State or Florida on a bunch of trick plays we would be demanding the spoils. They won who cares. It was last year. Make a freakin movie for all I care. You have "0" national championships and have beaten us once.

Now, welcome to the the limelight. See how ya do with lights shining and people paying attention.

The_Red_Patriot
3/1/2007, 04:00 PM
That Orange Bowl loss to Arkansas sucked.

Pretty bad.

My dad goes on and on about how bad that game was

MojoRisen
3/1/2007, 04:14 PM
My brother signed with Arkansas after that game- Lou Holtz lured him away.

SoonerStud615
3/1/2007, 10:35 PM
For those looking to replace Zabransky's ugly mug, i go here (http://www.eacustomcovers.com) every year. They will have XBOX 360, PS3, and Wii covers for NCAA 08 up pretty soon, and probably PS2, and XBOX as well.

bar4d
3/1/2007, 10:48 PM
Oh shed man...Zabransky is going to star in a movie about the frickin' Oklahoma embarrassment.

http://ohio-state-football.aolsportsblog.com/category/boise-state-football/

Frozen Sooner
3/1/2007, 10:52 PM
That's warning #2.

Knock it off.

Soonerus
3/1/2007, 10:53 PM
How many warnings does a blatant, antagonistic troll get ???

Frozen Sooner
3/1/2007, 10:55 PM
How many warnings does a blatant, antagonistic troll get ???

How many are you on? ;) Just kidding, bro.

Soonerus
3/1/2007, 10:57 PM
How many are you on? ;) Just kidding, bro.

Heeeeeyyyy.....haven't had a warning in several months...give the guy a drunk night, if he comes back zap him...

SoonerGM
3/2/2007, 04:23 PM
the game cover doesnt bother me much, but the idea of a movie just makes me sick. sure its a great story, but that just means that OU will have to be painted as the villain, the perennial powerhouse bully.

and of course, they may twist things in a movie, make it look like boise st was competing for a national championship or something.

rufnek05
3/2/2007, 04:34 PM
and don't forget that they will play up the whole RB in love with the "head cheerleader" and proposes to her after "the game of the century"

SoonerStud615
3/2/2007, 04:50 PM
I'm actually interested to see the movie, just because, I want to see how they portray the Walker interception and OT AD touchdown. It was a helluva game so it should be a helluva movie. But, OU will be the "villain" which will be teh succ.

boomersooner82
3/2/2007, 06:11 PM
the game cover doesnt bother me much, but the idea of a movie just makes me sick. sure its a great story, but that just means that OU will have to be painted as the villain, the perennial powerhouse bully.

Yeah, imagine what Dallas Carter was painted like in Friday Night Lights

Big Red Ron
3/2/2007, 06:21 PM
I think it's kinda cute. They did take the Big XII Champs into overtime and win a BCS bowl game.

In five, ten years, we'll still be Oklahoma and they'll still be Boise State. Or, in other words, we'll still be living in the penthouse while they'll be living in the outhouse.

Good season Broncos!

OU-HSV
3/2/2007, 07:02 PM
Well guys, it's official now:

http://www.easports.com/ncaa08/

Seamus
3/2/2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, imagine what Dallas Carter was painted like in Friday Night Lights

Exactly what I was thinking ...

picasso
3/2/2007, 07:19 PM
ummm Arkie in the Orange Bowl.

picasso
3/2/2007, 07:20 PM
Oh shed man...my Mom is going to star in a movie about the frickin' mountain hillbilly incest.

http://ohio-state-football.aolsportsblog.com/category/boise-state-football/

sorry eh.

josh09
3/2/2007, 07:49 PM
Zabransky's going to be on the cover of NCAA '08

http://idahostatesman.com/235/story/73453.html

Sorry if this has already been posted

[place gun to head, pull trigger]

kill me.

cvsooner
3/2/2007, 09:00 PM
I'm actually interested to see the movie, just because, I want to see how they portray the Walker interception and OT AD touchdown. It was a helluva game so it should be a helluva movie. But, OU will be the "villain" which will be teh succ.

IF the movie happens...and that's a mighty big IF...they won't be able to call us Oklahoma, or the Oklahoma Sooners, or use the logo, or any of that, WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION.

They might be able to get a documentary made...maybe. And even that is doubtful.

Remember, despite the fact that the game was broadcast, and despite the fact that it was covered in the newspapers, and so on, it's still a private game, and the rights are owned by the NCAA, the Fiesta Bowl, Fox, Boise State, and Oklahoma. There's a whole lot of folks who have to sign up for that little party, and it's gonna take a whole lotta money to get the Sooners to do it.

You know that little disclaimer the broadcasters always say at some point during the game, about how the game belongs to so-and-so and any rebroadcast, etc., etc., is strictly prohibited? Yeah, well, they mean that.

Boren would probably never agree. I know I wouldn't. No reason to do so. No good reason, anyway. Maybe if you demand a billion dollars or something...but otherwise, why aid the other team and its program?

All they're talking about at this point is getting the rights from Boise State. Fine. Sell the rights. Everybody else has to agree...and it's going to take a lot of money to do it.

The only other way to do it would be to make up a school name...like Oklahoma Tech or something. That, they could probably do.

As I recall, in "Rudy," I don't think they i.d. the teams the Domers play against. That would be for the same reasons.

goingoneight
3/2/2007, 09:10 PM
Seriously, cvsooner's right. Texass got into some legal trouble for sporting the "O-who?" t-shirts and all of the aggy references in the movie "Man of the House." I heard about that shortly after the film was released, a bunch of whorn fans were bitching about it when I was in San Antonio.