PDA

View Full Version : As of today

TopDaugIn2000
2/28/2007, 12:28 PM
I will offishully be in debt. Closing on my house at 2:00 w00t!!!!!

Boomer.....
2/28/2007, 12:30 PM
Congrats!

1stTimeCaller
2/28/2007, 12:49 PM
you put $7k worth of improvements in a house that you hadn't closed on?

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 12:54 PM
you put $7k worth of improvements in a house that you hadn't closed on?
Shes a female ! what you expect ? common sense ?

OUAndy1807
2/28/2007, 12:55 PM
closing on a house is sooooo 2 weeks ago.

congrats.

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 12:55 PM
Oh and Grats TD. When Are we gonna do a House warming for you ?

MamaMia
2/28/2007, 12:56 PM
The morning after my husband and I moved into our own home, we woke up to a hall that was flooded from the hot water tank. The first thought I had was to call the landlord. Then I remembered we are the landlords. :P

I'm happy for you. Its a good feeling to have your own home. Its especially nice around tax time. Take care of your home and it will take care of you. :)

1stTimeCaller
2/28/2007, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah, congrats!

SicEmBaylor
2/28/2007, 01:01 PM
It doesn't take a woman to do something like that...

My grandmother had this house down in Antlers that she gave to my parents to deal with. Well, my dad had been trying to sell it but if you've ever been to Antlers you can understand what a difficult task that can be. You'd have to pay me to live in a house in Antlers.

Anyway, This guy just decides to "move in" without exactly arranging anything first. He told my dad he was interested and then a week later told him he'd already moved in. Well, of course that'd be reason to evict the guy but he was pouring a considerable amount of money into fixing the place up. He replaced the roof, the flooring, etc.

So anyway, he continued to pour money into the house before any kind of agreement had been reached. They finally worked out a plan to sell the guy the home, but he never made a single house payment. This was well into last summer and I think my dad is going to evict him or take back the house...however that works. He didn't want to do it because the guy has put a bunch of money into the place but he hasn't made any actual payments

1stTimeCaller
2/28/2007, 01:05 PM
how long has that guy been in the house? Squatter's rights and stuff.

TopDaugIn2000
2/28/2007, 01:14 PM
I haven't INSTALLED anything yet, that starts AFTER closing. I simply bought the materials and hauled them home since I had my parents here with the truck.

Right after closing today we are replacing the HW heater caue the one in there is the original from '88 and has a slow leak. After that we start painting all walls and ceilings, then start on the floors. We plan on having most of the flooring done by sunday, then I can start moving things down and be completely moved by mid-march. I have the rent house until the last of March.

SicEmBaylor
2/28/2007, 01:17 PM
how long has that guy been in the house? Squatter's rights and stuff.
I don't remember exactly when he moved in.
The problem is that, beside the fact that I'm not entirely sure squatter's rights hold that much merit, they had reached out and signed an agreement. I'm not sure squatters right would trump that.

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 01:20 PM
don't forget to christen each bedroom

SicEmBaylor
2/28/2007, 01:24 PM
don't forget to christen each bedroom
I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 01:27 PM
I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

i dont' think christen means what you think it means. ;)

SicEmBaylor
2/28/2007, 01:28 PM
i dont' think christen means what you think it means. ;)
Are we using it as coy euphemism for pounding flesh?

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 01:29 PM
Are we using it as coy euphemism for pounding flesh?

yes.

SicEmBaylor
2/28/2007, 01:32 PM
yes.
God, I am lame.

Rhino
2/28/2007, 01:59 PM
Weird. I close on the sale of my old house today at 3pm.

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 02:01 PM
God, I am lame.
And this is a NEWS flash ?

Scott D
2/28/2007, 02:02 PM

hell sicem would still be arguing bitterly over having to make 7k in improvements ;)

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2007, 02:35 PM
Congratulations to all of you closing on your homes in the last bit. The purchase of a home is one of the biggest steps you can take towards financial responsibility.

I just closed on a refinance of my home a couple of days ago. Knocked the interest rate down a smidge and got rid of PMI. Amazing to me that the place can appreciate 50% in four years.

Scott D
2/28/2007, 02:39 PM
Congratulations to all of you closing on your homes in the last bit. The purchase of a home is one of the biggest steps you can take towards financial responsibility.

I just closed on a refinance of my home a couple of days ago. Knocked the interest rate down a smidge and got rid of PMI. Amazing to me that the place can appreciate 50% in four years.

well it does help when your area isn't in the midst of it's worst job depression since before WW2.

NormanPride
2/28/2007, 02:42 PM
well it does help when your area isn't in the midst of it's worst job depression since before WW2.

There's a political thread in there, somewhere. Odds on who starts it?

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2007, 02:42 PM

Hey, man, black sticky stuff just comes out of the ground here.

Scott D
2/28/2007, 02:45 PM
There's a political thread in there, somewhere. Odds on who starts it?

eh who needs to start one, Tuba'd just deny that it's actually happening.

Hey, man, black sticky stuff just comes out of the ground here.

usually black sticky stuff comes out of Lake Erie up here ;)

Newbomb Turk
2/28/2007, 07:19 PM
The purchase of a home is one of the biggest steps you can take towards financial responsibility.

I think paying if off is, but that's just me.

Congrats TD - good for you!