PDA

View Full Version : Too bad he is not a woman

85Sooner
2/28/2007, 11:00 AM
Women get away with this stuff all the time. The good ole double standard is alive and well.

Teacher charged with 70 counts of sexual assault. Man faces 300 years in prison. A woman charged with same thing gets 2 months house arrest. Sometimes I just have to laugh.

http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070227/FON0101/70227163/1985

TexasLidig8r
2/28/2007, 11:27 AM
So, she didn't "want" the relationship, but supposedly hooked up with the teacher in some capacity 70 times over the course of a semester.

hmmmm....

I smell a polecat in the woodpile.

sooneron
2/28/2007, 11:34 AM
WTF is age of consent in Wisky? She was 17. I'm not saying it's ok, because it's not.

yermom
2/28/2007, 12:08 PM
yeah, that's crap. if she isn't saying she was forced that is a HUGE double standard. hell the Lafave and Letourneau kids were a few years younger than this girl, and were more "involved"

if i were his lawyer i'd be bringing up the gender angle...

achiro
2/28/2007, 12:32 PM
Burman, of Oshkosh, also a track and cross country coach at Horace Mann, is accused of carrying on a sexual relationship with a female student who was 17 years old at the time and a senior at Horace Mann during the 2005-06 school year and again, recently, when the former student returned to the area, according to a criminal complaint.
Does this mean that she returned after she graduated and they got after it again? I assume at that point she had turned 18 as well?

NormanPride
2/28/2007, 01:21 PM
300 years for getting bjs from a 17 year old. Yeah, that's appropriate. :rolleyes:

def_lazer_fc
2/28/2007, 01:22 PM
reminds me of that south park episode from last year. "niiiiiicce...."

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 01:26 PM
WTF is age of consent in Wisky? She was 17. I'm not saying it's ok, because it's not.

In Oklahoma, age of consent is out the window in a student/teacher relationship.

landrun
2/28/2007, 02:36 PM
I say throw him in jail.

If your child goes to school you shouldn't have to worry about a teacher having sex with them. Period.

Just because women get away with it doesn't mean he should. We don't need to lesson his conviction. Just make sure we start holding women to the same standard and toss them in jail too.

He's a punk! :mad:

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2007, 02:40 PM
I say throw him in jail.

If your child goes to school you shouldn't have to worry about a teacher having sex with them. Period.

Just because women get away with it doesn't mean he should. We don't need to lesson his conviction. Just make sure we start holding women to the same standard and toss them in jail too.

He's a punk! :mad:

Yep.

What makes this despicable isn't the age of the student. It's the abuse of the teacher/student relationship.

And for what it's worth, every time I see people saying things like a 13-year-old boy being abused by a teacher makes him a lucky 13 year old it makes me want to vomit.

NormanPride
2/28/2007, 02:45 PM
Yep.

What makes this despicable isn't the age of the student. It's the abuse of the teacher/student relationship.

And for what it's worth, every time I see people saying things like a 13-year-old boy being abused by a teacher makes him a lucky 13 year old it makes me want to vomit.

Oh, I agree it's terrible. I just think 300 years is obscene for something like this. Of course, I don't have kids. I know if it was my daughter I'd want the death penalty. :O

Chuck Bao
2/28/2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I agree.

If he raped the girl and is a menace to society, he deserves to be locked up for a very long time.

But, in this case it seems way, way out of proportion. He did abuse his position as a teacher and the parents should call for retribution. He is paying for it. He's a felon and his career as a teacher is over. That should be deterrent enough.

I remember back when I was in junior high and I did have major crushes on some of my teachers. And, thinking back now, those teachers were young themselves, just out of university. Of course, there was absolutely zero chance for me. So, I get the whole lucky stuff even if it isn't right and gets the whole gag reflex going of most people.

One of the junior high cheerleaders went after the asst. high school football coach. She didn't make good grades, but she knew how to plan, plot and seduce in a scary stalkerish way. Again zero chance for me, but the coach, he did score.

Do I think the coach should be locked up away from society for a long time? Absolutely not.

Should he have lost his job? At the least.

Oldnslo
2/28/2007, 09:23 PM
Other sexual incidents allegedly occurred in an elevator during senior banquet, in the track room at school and at the football field near Friendship Learning Center in North Fond du Lac

FREAKY!

MojoRisen
2/28/2007, 09:48 PM
I think the woman teachers with 12 year olds is far worse than a guy 35 and a hot 17 year old.

Just saying but there is a big difference..... If the 17 year old commited a murder they would be tried as an adult- if they seduce a teacher they are a victim.