The_Red_Patriot
2/28/2007, 10:16 AM
Way to go buddy!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2VvRVBjyM

What a punk

You stay classy Stillwater

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2007, 10:28 AM
He won't even get a game suspension. You watch.

Mixer!
2/28/2007, 10:29 AM
I wonder how many elbows he'll get at Baylor & Nebraska, now that he's shown the chink in his armor? Way to keep your composure there, buddy.
:stunned:

Boomer.....
2/28/2007, 10:44 AM
Weak! Wonder what the purpose of that was? Were they getting into it all night or something?

OSUAggie
2/28/2007, 11:27 AM
Weak! Wonder what the purpose of that was? Were they getting into it all night or something?

Yah... Cartier had been hitting him with cheap shots all night, and OSU's possession before the "head butt" Martin threw his elbow into Boggan's back after a missed FT.. Boggan turned to the ref, the ref did nothing, so Boggan decided to get his shot in before he left the court. It was a stupid, embarassing move by Boggan (which really epitomizes his career), but he was definitely provoked.

ouradu
2/28/2007, 11:33 AM
The precedent was set, Boggan should miss 2 games. On top of that, the Big XII should review the tape, see the Martin's elbow and suspend him, just to give us a little edge this weekend. We'll need all the help we can get.

Big Red Ron
2/28/2007, 11:40 AM
Gotta love those classy fans cheering and chanting his name after his ejection.

Taxman71
2/28/2007, 11:45 AM
Need any more evidence that the Rat has completely lost this team? Mike Holder will probably give Boggan a hug and a medal for showin' ole cowboy toughness.

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2007, 11:47 AM
The DOK article on the game just pimps OSU. Mentions that Boggan was thrown out of the game, but leaves out that it was an intentional headbutt. Granted, it would pull away from the touching story about Senior night and trying to make the NCAA's :rolleyes:

poke4christ
2/28/2007, 11:49 AM
Gotta love those classy fans cheering and chanting his name after his ejection.

Nobody at the game had any clue what happened. We were cheering that the fact that he was leaving the last home game of his college career.

Zach

Taxman71
2/28/2007, 11:53 AM
And to think Bill Self might of foregone Kansas for the right to follow Eddie's tenure at his alma mater. On behalf of the Big 12, thank you to the osu brass for keeping Sean around.

toast
2/28/2007, 11:59 AM
He won't even get a game suspension. You watch.

Wonder what the B12's super duper commissioner will say about the incident, if anything at all? He didn't want to "condone" Longar's play, I wonder about intentionally head-butting someone?

"After careful evaluation of videotape and review of Oklahoma's written report, I have concluded that Mr. Longar's act is in violation of the Big 12 Conference's Principles and Standards of Sportsmanship," said Commissioner Kevin Weiberg. "On the play, Mr. Longar leads with a high elbow as he pivots after catching an in-bound pass. His elbow made severe and excessive contact with the face of the Texas Tech player causing significant injury. While I do not believe Mr. Longar intended to cause serious injury, and he has no prior history of this kind of incident, I view this as a dangerous and unacceptable play. Therefore, a suspension from competition is warranted. We simply must convey a message that this kind of play will not be condoned."

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2007, 12:03 PM
Wonder what the B12's super duper commissioner will say about the incident, if anything at all? He didn't want to "condone" Longar's play, I wonder about intentionally head-butting someone?

"After careful evaluation of videotape and review of Oklahoma's written report, I have concluded that Mr. Longar's act is in violation of the Big 12 Conference's Principles and Standards of Sportsmanship," said Commissioner Kevin Weiberg. "On the play, Mr. Longar leads with a high elbow as he pivots after catching an in-bound pass. His elbow made severe and excessive contact with the face of the Texas Tech player causing significant injury. While I do not believe Mr. Longar intended to cause serious injury, and he has no prior history of this kind of incident, I view this as a dangerous and unacceptable play. Therefore, a suspension from competition is warranted. We simply must convey a message that this kind of play will not be condoned."

I wish there was a way to email that to Kevin and tell him to remember those words when reviewing Boggans tape.

OSUAggie
2/28/2007, 12:04 PM
... and he has no prior history of this kind of incident ....

That portion of the statement is inaccurate. He needs to watch last year's OSU-OU game in Norman; Sampson yanks Longar for being careless/dangerous with is elbows.

Ton Loc
2/28/2007, 12:05 PM
As dumb as that was...

That may have been the weakest recorded headbutt of all time.
That headbutt was given half-a$$ed effort.
Just like the rest of Boggan's game.

toast
2/28/2007, 12:08 PM
That portion of the statement is inaccurate. He needs to watch last year's OSU-OU game in Norman; Sampson yanks Longar for being careless/dangerous with is elbows.

All this time I thought he pulled him because he didn't want longar to trip over sean flopping around on the floor.

OSUAggie
2/28/2007, 12:08 PM
As dumb as that was...

That may have been the weakest recorded headbutt of all time.
That headbutt was given half-a$$ed effort.
Just like the rest of Boggan's game.

heh... we have a winner!

BoomerGirl34
2/28/2007, 02:29 PM
Can someone tell me...did Sampson suspend Goldbold for stepping on that guy last year? I thought he sat for a game....

crawfish
2/28/2007, 02:31 PM
The intentionality of the event is what's disturbing. The idea of controlling bad behavior only when it has consequences is a great way to send mixed messages about it.

In a nutshell: if you want to prevent injuries when a guy swings his elbows, you gotta penalize it whether or not it connects with somebody else. If you want to prevent fights, you need to penalize the behavior that starts fights.

Personally, I think the Big 12 officials are more concerned about making a publicity show than controlling bad behavior, so nothing further will be done about this.

Seamus
2/28/2007, 02:37 PM
Nobody at OSU had any clue.

Fixed :cool:

OSUAggie
2/28/2007, 02:40 PM
So, we do now?

Boomer.....
2/28/2007, 02:41 PM
Can someone tell me...did Sampson suspend Goldbold for stepping on that guy last year? I thought he sat for a game....
No, but he was held out of the starting lineup.

Ruuuuuufus
2/28/2007, 02:42 PM
looks like boggan should review that world cup finals tape

OSUAggie
2/28/2007, 03:12 PM
Tom Dirato just stated that Sutton will take action on Boggan, probably 1-game suspension.

Jimminy Crimson
2/28/2007, 03:17 PM
Tom Dirato just stated that Sutton will take action on Boggan, probably 1-game suspension.

Not enough.

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2007, 03:23 PM
Big 12 will review it:

Big 12 will review Boggan ejection

From staff reports

STILLWATER — The Big 12 Conference will review Mario Boggan's ejection during the final seconds of Oklahoma State's game Tuesday night against Kansas State, The Oklahoman's Andrea Cohen has learned.
But the league office indicated it would be at least a day before a decision was reached on whether Boggan would be punished further.

Boggan was tossed from the game after head-butting Kansas State forward Cartier Martin. He was called with a flagrant foul.

Earlier this season, the Big 12 suspended Oklahoma's Longar Longar for two games after he was called for a intentional foul against Texas Tech.

In the OSU game, referee Tom O'Neill told the official scorer Boggan wasn't ejected for fighting, which would have meant an automatic suspension for OSU's next game — Saturday at Baylor.

The foul occurred as coach Sean Sutton was preparing to substitute for Boggan, a senior playing his final game at Gallagher-Iba Arena.

"I've never seen a senior get ejected from his last game,” Sutton said. "I was trying to get him out of there, because I could tell he was really upset about something.”

Boomer.....
2/28/2007, 03:35 PM
I heard that it will be a one game suspension for Boggan. I think that it is the right call by Sutton. It prevents the Big 12 from making a mess of it.

toast
2/28/2007, 03:39 PM
Big 12 will review it:

meaning they'll send a tape to knight? ;)

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2007, 04:22 PM
I heard that it will be a one game suspension for Boggan. I think that it is the right call by Sutton. It prevents the Big 12 from making a mess of it.

Big 12 can overrule and give 2 games.

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2007, 04:25 PM
Well if an unintentional elbow is worthy of two games, then this has to be at least worth that many.

Now I didn't see the game so I can't attest to OSUAggie's comments about what K-State was doing to him throughout the game. You can't take that into your own hands. You let your athletic department compile a montage of video clips showing the transgressions and you overnight the tape to Big 12 headquarters on Jonn Carpenter Freeway in Irving, TX.

poke4christ
2/28/2007, 04:36 PM
You can't use what happened to longar as an argument for what should happen to Boggan. I agree that the thing with longar was an overreaction and shouldn't have happened. The thing about that though is that he got two games because of the severity of the outcome. Though motive and not outcome should dictate punishment, it rarely does.

wishbonesooner
2/28/2007, 05:17 PM
poke4: You can't be serious. I agree Longar's suspension shouldn't have happened, but it did. The Big 12 now has it's back against a wall. OSU may bail them out by suspending Boggan, but if nothing happens from OSU, Weinberg either suspends him, or wears a T-shirt that says "I'm Bobby Knight's bitch"

OSUAggie
2/28/2007, 05:20 PM
Weiberg's statement regarding Longar is what backed him into the corner, not the punishment that was levied. He set a precedent with his statement that can be applied to so many situations, including this one. There are two key differences: Longar's move caused a serious injury while Boggan's caused nothing but embarassment. Boggan's move was clearly intentional while Longar's wasn't (although it was certainly careless).

Big Red Ron
2/28/2007, 05:31 PM
If anything Boggan should be suspended for more games than Longar because Boggan's was intentional.

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2007, 06:10 PM
Big 12 doesn't add to OSU's 1 game suspensio of Boggan. Bull****.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2783396

STILLWATER, Okla. -- Oklahoma State coach Sean Sutton suspended leading scorer Mario Boggan on Wednesday for a head-butting incident in the Cowboys' 84-70 victory against Kansas State the previous night.

"After reviewing the film numerous times, there's no question that Mario used extremely bad judgment in head-butting Cartier Martin," Sutton said. "Our program has been built on class and good sportsmanship through the years, and we're certainly not going to condone this kind of behavior."

Sutton suspended Boggan, the Big 12's second-leading scorer behind Texas' Kevin Durant, for the Cowboys' game Saturday at Baylor. Sutton said he also called Kansas State coach Bob Huggins to express his regrets for the incident, which occurred in the final minute of the game.

"I asked him to relay my apologies to Cartier and that I wish him the best during the remainder of his senior season," Sutton said.

After Kansas State's Blake Young fouled Oklahoma State's Byron Eaton to stop the clock with 38.1 seconds left, Boggan walked from near midcourt toward Martin, who was handing the ball to an official in the lane. Boggan bumped the crown of his head into Martin's left cheek, and Martin responded by swinging his left arm toward Boggan's head. He did not connect.

Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg issued a statement saying the suspension "sends a clear message that this kind of action is unacceptable."

"We appreciate the support of the university in taking a strong stand relative to our sportsmanship policy and consider the matter to be closed," Weiberg said.
Boggan, who had been honored before the game as part of senior night festivities, also issued an apology.

"First off, I would like to apologize to Cartier Martin and the Kansas State Wildcats," Boggan said. "Last night's game was a hard-fought game and shouldn't have ended the way it did.

"I would also like to apologize to my teammates, my coaches and the Cowboy fans. This is not the way I would like to be remembered on Senior Night, and it's certainly not the way I was taught to play basketball. I feel bad that my mother was in the crowd and saw this in person. I have apologized to her as well."

Boggan, who averages 20.1 points and 7.9 rebounds, scored 17 points as Oklahoma State ended a four-game losing streak in a crucial win to keep its dwindling NCAA Tournament hopes alive.

"This is a statement of what Sean Sutton stands for and I applaud his decision," Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder said. "The actions of our players are more important than a game."

OUstud
2/28/2007, 06:16 PM
The difference here is that Huggins doesn't own Weiberg...yet.

Scott D
2/28/2007, 06:34 PM
or is it that Weiberg is a poke alum?

tommieharris91
2/28/2007, 07:09 PM
Looking at the tape again, one could bring up a case for Cartier Martin swinging back. If Martin is as much of a dirty player as people think he is, then he deserves a suspension, and may get one in the near future anyway.

poke4christ
2/28/2007, 08:05 PM
poke4: You can't be serious. I agree Longar's suspension shouldn't have happened, but it did. The Big 12 now has it's back against a wall. OSU may bail them out by suspending Boggan, but if nothing happens from OSU, Weinberg either suspends him, or wears a T-shirt that says "I'm Bobby Knight's bitch"

I never said Boggan didn't deserve to be suspended, I'm simply saying that one bad choice shouldn't dictate what happens in other circumstances. That's just common sense wouldn't you think?

okienole3
2/28/2007, 08:08 PM
I never said Boggan didn't deserve to be suspended, I'm simply saying that one bad choice shouldn't dictate what happens in other circumstances. That's just common sense wouldn't you think?

I would agree with you if the Big XII office came out and said, "we are a bunch of pussies and caved into pressure from Bob Knight. We should not have suspended Longar. We do not want that **** poor decision to become precedent, therefore we will not suspend Bogan."

SleestakSooner
2/28/2007, 08:17 PM
or is it that Weiberg is a poke alum?

Weiberg is a KSU alum... his two nephews are OSU alumni, one of which died in that plane crash a few years ago.

Beef
3/1/2007, 10:36 AM
Though motive and not outcome should dictate punishment, it rarely does.
I think this is why most of us Sooners smell a rat in the salad bar and rightfully so. Would someone who injures a person in a car accident get more jail time than someone who intentionally rams another car out of road rage with no injuries?

colleyvillesooner
3/1/2007, 10:47 AM
I think this is why most of us Sooners smell a rat in the salad bar and rightfully so. Would someone who injures a person in a car accident get more jail time than someone in Stillwater who rams another car out of bourbon induced blindness ?

Fixed.

Scott D
3/1/2007, 10:48 AM
Weiberg is a KSU alum... his two nephews are OSU alumni, one of which died in that plane crash a few years ago.

an aggie is an aggie is an aggie.

GrapevineSooner
3/1/2007, 11:07 AM
The Weasel needs to resign.

OSUAggie
3/1/2007, 11:45 AM
I think this is why most of us Sooners smell a rat in the salad bar and rightfully so. Would someone who injures a person in a car accident get more jail time than someone who intentionally rams another car out of road rage with no injuries?

umm...

If you accidently ran over a person standing on the side of the road and killed him, you're in deep ****.

If you intentionally run into the back of a car, but barely hit them and there are no injuries, you're not really in deep ****.

NormanPride
3/1/2007, 11:55 AM
umm...

If you accidently ran over a person standing on the side of the road and killed him, you're in deep ****.

If you intentionally run into the back of a car, but barely hit them and there are no injuries, you're not really in deep ****.

Manslaughter vs. Assault with a Deadly Weapon

badger
3/1/2007, 11:56 AM
Manslaughter vs. Assault with a Deadly Weapon
oh, look who's posting for work! hi, NP! I love you!

and...um... boggan is a loser for headbutting... and stuff...

NormanPride
3/1/2007, 12:05 PM
Look who finally logged out on my comp so she's no longer posting as me. ;)

badger
3/1/2007, 12:06 PM
Look who finally logged out on my comp so she's no longer posting as me. ;)
look who is probably headed to lunch right now, so i can post as you if I want to!

... but won't.:P