View Full Version : Fellow Hillbillies, I present you: My 2006 Mount

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 10:05 AM
What do you think?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/sapmickey/buckarrow3.jpg

Fugue
2/28/2007, 10:06 AM
Steve Martin, heh.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d7/Tv_muppet_show_steve_martin.jpg/240px-Tv_muppet_show_steve_martin.jpg

congrats

C&CDean
2/28/2007, 10:13 AM
Who did the taxidermy?

Mjcpr
2/28/2007, 10:14 AM
Who did the taxidermy?

If you need a little help, I think Czar does this on the side.

Do you itemize?

Czar Soonerov
2/28/2007, 10:29 AM
Who did the taxidermy?If you need a little help, I think Czar does this on the side.

Only dead hookers.

C&CDean
2/28/2007, 10:40 AM
Only dead hookers.

And horses.

fadada1
2/28/2007, 10:53 AM
does it sing?

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 11:05 AM
Who did the taxidermy?

friend of a friend that does it on the side.

i've got another guy doing a cat right now. we'll see how it looks.

this is my first mount, so i don't have a lot of experience, but the buck seems to be a bunch of rough spots in the hide.

what do you think?

fadada1
2/28/2007, 11:23 AM

no offense, but unless said "cat" is of the bobcat, cougar, lion, tiger, cheetah, leopard, catamount variety... that's totally ghey.

C&CDean
2/28/2007, 11:24 AM
friend of a friend that does it on the side.

this is my first mount, so i don't have a lot of experience, but the buck seems to be a bunch of rough spots in the hide.

what do you think?

Hard to tell from a picture.

One of the problems with taxidermy is people who cape their animals in the field - and don't know what they're doing. Then, they go to the taxidermist and insist they want their animal's hide. Also, since he's a "friend of a friend" he may not be a really good taxidermist. It looks alright from the pic.

I usually take my mounts to Hillman's in Yukon. He's not cheap (the last bull elk was $800) but you're gonna get a lifetime mount - that your kids' kids will be proud to own. If your cape isn't a good one, he'll advise you to use another animal's hide.

Is he doing the whole body mount on the cat?

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 11:24 AM
no offense, but unless said "cat" is of the bobcat, cougar, lion, tiger, cheetah, leopard, catamount variety... that's totally ghey.

assuming i could even possibly be speaking of something other than a bobcat, etc. is totally ghey. ;)

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 11:27 AM
Hard to tell from a picture.

One of the problems with taxidermy is people who cape their animals in the field - and don't know what they're doing. Then, they go to the taxidermist and insist they want their animal's hide. Also, since he's a "friend of a friend" he may not be a really good taxidermist. It looks alright from the pic.

I usually take my mounts to Hillman's in Yukon. He's not cheap (the last bull elk was $800) but you're gonna get a lifetime mount - that your kids' kids will be proud to own. If your cape isn't a good one, he'll advise you to use another animal's hide.

Is he doing the whole body mount on the cat?

i know what you mean. i took great care when field dressing to not cut up very far, which makes for a heck of a time getting out the esophagus, heart, etc., only to have the processor put a couple of holes in the cape.

yep. the cat will be laying on a limb, mouth open.

C&CDean
2/28/2007, 11:34 AM
Cool. Post a pic of it when you get it back. I'm assuming bobcat?

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 11:38 AM
Cool. Post a pic of it when you get it back. I'm assuming bobcat?

yes. bobcat. it's a female which means the markings aren't as cool as a mature male, but i'll take it.

they are both trophies in my mind. I tried for 3 years and finally was able to connect with my bow.

i had never deer hunted. i still don't own a deer rifle. i had no idea how difficult bowhunting is.

C&CDean
2/28/2007, 11:40 AM
yes. bobcat. it's a female which means the markings aren't as cool as a mature male, but i'll take it.

they are both trophies in my mind. I tried for 3 years and finally was able to connect with my bow.

i had never deer hunted. i still don't own a deer rifle. i had no idea how difficult bowhunting is.

how dare you kill a defenseless animal with a string and stick

Yeah, I always crack up when people say "there's no sport in deer hunting, hell I see them all over the place."

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 11:58 AM
i was gonna post this in the other thread.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/sapmickey/bobcat.jpg

fadada1
2/28/2007, 11:59 AM
how dare you kill a defenseless animal with a string and stick

Yeah, I always crack up when people say "there's no sport in deer hunting, hell I see them all over the place."
seriously, all you need is a car... and they'll eventually jump in front of it.

def_lazer_fc
2/28/2007, 01:29 PM
looks good, but it could use a tophat and monocle.

Howzit
2/28/2007, 01:43 PM

DCSooner used to do his boxer...does your friend use peanut butter, too?

C&CDean
2/28/2007, 01:46 PM
DCSooner used to do his boxer...does your friend use peanut butter, too?

XX-TRA CRUNCHY!!!!!!!!

SicEmBaylor
2/28/2007, 01:47 PM
I don't understand the appeal of a dead animal on the wall.

NormanPride
2/28/2007, 01:48 PM
I never knew you boxed, Howzit...

C&CDean
2/28/2007, 01:48 PM

I don't understand the appeal of laying on the floor in a grovelling heap while some skank-ho smashes your pathetic little testacles into bloody pulp with the heel of her jack boot.

Different strokes I guess.

Howzit
2/28/2007, 01:52 PM
I don't understand the appeal of laying on the floor in a grovelling heap while some skank-ho smashes your pathetic little testacles into bloody pulp with the heel of her jack boot.

Stop it. You're making me hawny.

Hamhock
2/28/2007, 02:07 PM

and you won't until you've invested the time and effort into harvesting one.

StoopTroup
2/28/2007, 06:29 PM
I've never shot a buck in the antlers.

Nice shot.

OUDoc
2/28/2007, 06:57 PM
See, I thought about a copy-cat thread and substituting a picture of my wife, but this would be the one time she looked at SF.com. Then she wouldn't be my mount anymore. At least not my 2007 mount. :(

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 07:11 PM
YOU wouldnt .
In 82 I got My bear , took 4 hrs to get him outta the woods, and up to where the horses were . we Picked the least spooked horse to tye Him down on , The Head was loose so instant Rodeo .:cool:
coupla more hrs to get back to camp . then a couple to skin and Cape him .
I brought Back the meat and sent the hide off . I ate the meat , and Harry is Now in my bedroom floor , Ive Had a LOT of fun On harry , If you get me drift .;)

Mongo
2/28/2007, 07:26 PM
Ive Had a LOT of fun On harry , If you get me drift .;)

if trimming spooge dingleberries of a fur rug is considered fun, count me out.

olevetonahill
2/28/2007, 07:28 PM
if trimming spooge dingleberries of a fur rug is considered fun, count me out.
No the FUN is making em
Ya dumas .:P

Jerk
2/28/2007, 07:33 PM
I can think of a few politicians who'd look good on a wall like that.