PDA

View Full Version : Can I just say...

Soonerus
2/27/2007, 10:12 PM
...when I think of Boise State, I want to puke...

OKLA21FAN
2/27/2007, 10:20 PM
Boise magic????

nope, doesn't work for me either....carry on

OU-HSV
Funny you mentioned this tonight. Today at work a semi driver showed up w/a shipment from Boise I assume. I was outside talking w/a coworker and he walked right by us. He had this bright blue & orange t-shirt on. And I was thinking to myself "oh no he didn't". And then I got a look at the print on the front of the shirt and there it was "Fiesta Bowl Champions"....the second this sunk in, I threw up in my mouth. Don't get me wrong I'd talk football w/a Boise State fan just to see if they act arrogant or not, but this guy looked like he just got out of prison...like someone fresh out of the movie Deliverence. I wasn't about to waste my time.

utex74
...when I think of Boise State, I want to puke...

You need to move past it. You did get the Big 12 title. And as far as beating Texas, keep your chin up. There is still baseball and softball to hang your hopes on.

Sorry, but you have been so ornery I could not resist it. :D

bixby28
2/27/2007, 10:22 PM
Soonerus, i couldn't stand to see K-Fed II (Zabransky) or his WR at the combine last weekend. The Fiesta Bowl was a painful experience.

This game hurt my ticker more than the '04 Orange Bowl.

goingoneight
2/27/2007, 10:23 PM
Does anyone besides me think we should schedule them in Nonconference soon? I'm sure after OUr game in the Fiesta Bowl, that we would let them in right away like we did with Miami. I mean, it's not like they play any REAL opponents in their nonconference schedule or anything...

Soonerus
2/27/2007, 10:23 PM
You need to move past it. You did get the Big 12 title. And as far as beating Texas, keep your chin up. There is still baseball and softball to hang your hopes on.

Sorry, but you have been so ornery I could not resist it. :D

No, I am just sharing honest emotions...how the hell did we lose to fricken Boise...the chance of it ever happening again is nil...

OU-HSV
2/27/2007, 10:24 PM
Soonerus, i couldn't stand to see K-Fed II (Zabransky) or his WR at the combine last weekend. The Fiesta Bowl was a painful experience.

This game hurt my ticker more than the 55-19 Orange Bowl blowout.
What's this you speak of??
We here have no memory of this you speak of

goingoneight

This game hurt my ticker more than the 55-19 Orange Bowl blowout.

Ruh-roh... Negfest a'coming...

OU-HSV
Does anyone besides me think we should schedule them in Nonconference soon? I'm sure after OUr game in the Fiesta Bowl, that we would let them in right away like we did with Miami. I mean, it's not like they play any REAL opponents in their nonconference schedule or anything...
IN

Soonerus
2/27/2007, 10:25 PM
What's this you speak of??
We here have no memory of this you speak of

Exactly...I was at both, Boise was easily the most dumfounding...

OU-HSV
2/27/2007, 10:30 PM
Exactly...I was at both, Boise was easily the most dumfounding...
It was way too up and down out of my recliner for my liking. If we would've won I still would have inflicted the same level of stress on my heart. But my God...after that int for a td, I just knew we had done enough and the game was goin in the right direction. Ugh :(
Oh well, time to get excited about this coming season.

Soonerus
2/27/2007, 10:31 PM
It was way too up and down out of my recliner for my liking. If we would've won I still would have inflicted the same level of stress on my heart. But my God...after that int for a td, I just knew we had done enough and the game was goin in the right direction. Ugh :(
Oh well, time to get excited about this coming season.

I am with you bro'...

utex74
2/27/2007, 11:12 PM
No, I am just sharing honest emotions...how the hell did we lose to fricken Boise...the chance of it ever happening again is nil...

I agree. I've been having similar questions about KSU and the aggies. But I will concede that if you played them 10 times you'd win at least 9, maybe ten. But they were pumped that night and superbly coached, a lethal combination. And while your guys were physically superior, their heads and hearts were just a tad bit over confident. Understandable but, still...

Oh, what we would all give to have a "do over" from time to time. I do feel sorry for whoever your first opponent is this year. Memories can be long.

Soonerus
2/27/2007, 11:18 PM
I agree. I've been having similar questions about KSU and the aggies. But I will concede that if you played them 10 times you'd win at least 9, maybe ten. But they were pumped that night and superbly coached, a lethal combination. And while your guys were physically superior, their heads and hearts were just a tad bit over confident. Understandable but, still...

Oh, what we would all give to have a "do over" from time to time. I do feel sorry for whoever your first opponent is this year. Memories can be long.

By the way lets not forget Boise's key ingrediant: LUCK...don't forget it...

insuranceman_22
2/27/2007, 11:25 PM
this thread is tough to read.....damn boise, damn texas (just for good measure)

goingoneight
2/27/2007, 11:35 PM
:les: YEAH! and DAMN OREGON TOO,!!!

Soonerus
2/27/2007, 11:36 PM
and damn Kelvin Sampson...

goingoneight
2/27/2007, 11:40 PM
I'm your DAMN tour guide, Arnie. Take all the DAMN pictures ya want...

sanantoniosooner
2/27/2007, 11:41 PM
buncha nancy boys.

Soonerus
2/27/2007, 11:44 PM
buncha nancy boys.

WTF do you know...

sanantoniosooner
2/27/2007, 11:50 PM
WTF do you know...
That Jared catches his limit every time his name gets mentioned around here.

StuIsTheMan
2/28/2007, 10:20 AM
:les: YEAH! and DAMN OREGON TOO,!!!

I agree!!! I hate Oregon way more than Boise...And Phuck fans SUCK ***...they still think they won that game on skill alone...

LightningYellow
"Autzen Stadium: The place where Heisman hopes are dashed, undefeated seasons end, and great teams go do die."

CoffeePeeYellow
"Fraudtzen Stadium: The place where the Heisman won’t ever come, we have never had an undefeated season, and great Ref's go to Lie."

fixed

The_Red_Patriot
2/28/2007, 10:33 AM
Its not that we lost to Boise St. They are a good team.

Its the way we lost that makes me sick.

But, we have been on the better side of magical endings for awhile now.

Guess we had to get a taste of our own medicine

Sooner Magic is back!

Next year you will see it

picasso
2/28/2007, 11:29 AM
I'm over it.

The game meant more to Boise than us.

StuIsTheMan
2/28/2007, 11:56 AM
The mark of a good program is how often they DON'T upset teams yet retain a 75% winning record. When's the last time we upset someone...I mean really upset and shocked some folks?

Exactly being the program OU is and it's history, the only way to shock anybody with a win is if we beat an NFL team on their home field. And they would still probably only give us a 1000 seats.

def_lazer_fc
2/28/2007, 12:57 PM
i like how people around here like to moan and complain after a 3 loss, ok, 2 loss season. texas beat us. boise beat us. there was no luck. they played better football the entire game. it was ou who had to make a comback in the first place. everyone should be thrilled to have had the oppurtunity to watch such an instant classic. yeah, i was bummed, but i got over it a few hours later. o-state fans should be so lucky to be in the position to complain about these sorts of things.

SteelClip49
2/28/2007, 01:57 PM
There is absolutely no shame in losing to Boise State. Hell, Michigan lost to BYU in the 1984 Holiday Bowl and when it was all said and done, BYU was the national champion. OU lost to the only undefeated team and Boise did deserve to be the national champion.

Texas fans enjoy bashing us because we lose to them and Boise yet we ended up with a better Big 12 record and did better against Nebraska than they did. Texas avoided Boise and they insult us, lol.

OU-HSV
2/28/2007, 03:33 PM

Sooner Magic is back!

Exactly. But people are right...we should've played better the first 3 qtrs and it wouldn't have been an issue :(
It makes me sicker to think of how we "lost" at Oregon

rufnek05
2/28/2007, 05:42 PM
Exactly. But people are right...we should've played better the first 3 qtrs and it wouldn't have been an issue :(
It makes me sicker to think of how we "lost" at Oregon

right after the game my roommates and i went and bought a 30 pack of brews, and went to the pool, and passed out there. it helped me feel somewhat better. i can't wait untill we play them again.

OU-HSV
2/28/2007, 07:30 PM
[/B]

right after the game my roommates and i went and bought a 30 pack of brews, and went to the pool, and passed out there. it helped me feel somewhat better. i can't wait untill we play them again.
Who knows when that will be...considering the PAC10 refs suck big ones, and I think that Stoops has said he won't play vs. the pac10 until they quit getting to use their conference refs at their home games vs. non conference opponents.

rufnek05
3/1/2007, 12:35 AM
i'm F**KING tired of hearing about Anna Nicole and Britany Spears. there has to be SOMETHING that is slightly more interesting and more important going on in the world

snp
3/1/2007, 12:38 AM
This thread makes me want to puke.

SteelClip49
3/1/2007, 09:51 AM
Then again, the classiness of Jacob Gutierrez after the game when congratulating the Boise fans after some had taunted and made remarks toward them, goes up and shakes their hands. That Boise side was stunned.

John Wooden has always said, winning championships (in this case a bowl game) is a by product. Giving your best effort is what makes you victorious and successful. Obviously a team victory is what was needed but this was not a 2000-2004 OU squad. This was an average squad who surprised many by winning 11.

oudoosh
3/1/2007, 10:06 AM
Here is something else to make everyone throw up.....

http://idahostatesman.com/235/story/73453.html

sanantoniosooner
3/1/2007, 10:09 AM

Only the one's that still have nightmares about him.

I couldn't care less what fallout he gets from his victory.

picasso
3/1/2007, 10:10 AM

no thanks ******.

sooner518
3/1/2007, 10:29 AM
try flying in to Boise and seeing those stupid blue shirts all over the airport and then every little kid around town wearing a Fiesta Bowl shirt. ugh

StuIsTheMan
3/1/2007, 10:48 AM
try flying in to Boise and seeing those stupid blue shirts all over the airport and then every little kid around town wearing a Fiesta Bowl shirt. ugh

I am flying into Boise this Friday to Visit some friends down at Mt Home AFB...You can bet the Farm that I will wear My Crimson and Cream...And if any of them even think of saying anything caulky like...They get a Spud up the Wassu...And then I will calmly mention the whole 7(8) NC Trophies thing...they might not understand what those are but I will try and explain.

StuIsTheMan
3/1/2007, 05:40 PM
Just got off the phone with my friend in potato city...should not have gave him this thread address...he says it's gonna be a BSU pep ralley when I get off the plane...DAMN MY BIG MOUTH!!!!! I'll just put Boomer Sooner and Oklahoma on my Ipod and turn the volumn up till they are done...DOUBLE DAMN!:pop:

rufnek05
3/1/2007, 05:48 PM
Just got off the phone with my friend in potato city...should not have gave him this thread address...he says it's gonna be a BSU pep ralley when I get off the plane...DAMN MY BIG MOUTH!!!!! I'll just put Boomer Sooner and Oklahoma on my Ipod and turn the volumn up till they are done...DOUBLE DAMN!:pop:

are they still celebrating that win? well i guess it was the biggest win in their school's history....ever.

StuIsTheMan
3/1/2007, 05:57 PM
are they still celebrating that win? well i guess it was the biggest win in their school's history....ever.

like it happend an hour ago...they will never let this go...until we get their happy asses in Norman that is...Then "Their will blood on the street Tonight"

rufnek05
3/1/2007, 06:08 PM
like it happend an hour ago...they will never let this go...until we get their happy asses in Norman that is...Then "Their will blood on the street Tonight"

damn. what are they celebrating the 2 month anivesery? how sad, how sad. i hope Joe C. scheduals them for a non-con in the nest few seasons. because if we don't, i bet they will celebrate this win every new years.

bar4d
3/1/2007, 06:20 PM
What gives? I see Boise State posts all over the board and the game was over two months ago.

StuIsTheMan
3/1/2007, 06:46 PM
Are you kidding me...

Re: Early Prediction for Boise State's 2007 Record
Exactly RoughRider, how could you have zero confidence? How could a fan ever have zero confidence in beating a team? Did you have a negative confidence that we'd beat Oklahoma? Cuz Hawaii is way better than Oklahoma. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/Rafter17/Misc/Doh.gif

Re: An Afterward by Coach StoopsReply (javascript:window.location.href=('compose.asp?sid =1114&fid=2409&style=2&rid=86435649&tid=86423384');)
Seriously, sooners...you're citing an illness now? No one but you cares. You lost to a better team, AD should not have even been on the field, and your defense abandoned the gameplan for at least one half of the game, as well as in OT. Just give BSU credit, shut up, and worry about losing your current Big XII title to the Oklahoma State Cowboys next year, because it is the last title you'll have to defend for some while.

I've always shook my head with disgust when a team throws a hail mary pass against an extreme prevent where 4 guys are like 30 yards down the field just waiting for the tip drill. You throw the ball up, it sails into a crowd of about 6 or 7 people, and you somehow expect that to lead to a score. Sure, it works once in a blue moon when the ball just happens to bounce to your guy, but most of the time it's just ****.

That hook and ladder wasn't a traditional one; it was more extended where the pitch went to another receiver who was running and underneath route that turned into a pitch reception. Most of the time it comes from a runningback running a flare and going down the sideline. What Boise State did was to take the basic principle of the kickoff return reverse and just place it about 20 yards downfield from the LOS, past the DL and LBs but under the DBs. Then you have 3 or 4 guys trying to make an open field tackle but not knowing who to tackle. I'm sure that play wouldn't work every time, but I think it gives you the best chance possible, and it did for Boise State.

thats all I can take you want more go look for yourself...GAG!

sooner2b09
3/1/2007, 07:09 PM
Hey Guys lets get past this, Cause Its 6:08 AND.....

TEXAS SUCKS!!!!

CatfishSooner
3/1/2007, 09:27 PM
**** boise

rufnek05
3/1/2007, 09:51 PM
Hey Guys lets get past this, Cause Its 6:08 AND.....

TEXAS SUCKS!!!!

....now it's 8:51, and that status still hasn't changed

picasso
3/1/2007, 10:32 PM
What gives? I see Boise State posts all over the board and the game was over two months ago.
I don't see any.

StuIsTheMan
3/2/2007, 12:34 PM
Off to Potato City...wish me luck...grrr:pop:

Seamus
3/2/2007, 01:44 PM

Sooner Magic is back!

Kinda how I look at it -- we had an amazing run, and 2005 was just us paying a bit of karmic debt. In 2006 we had one of the youngest teams in the country, but young talent still achieved a lot. That talent lacked experience, it it hurt us at times last year, but that talent is a whole year older and a whole year better for it.

StormySooner-IN
3/2/2007, 02:43 PM
and damn Kelvin Sampson...

YES. damn the loosiers.....

damn oregon.....

DAMN TEXAS.....

bixby28
3/3/2007, 04:58 PM
I just want to say thanks to the poster who called me a jackass for saying the 2004 (55-19) Orange Bowl was a 'painful blowout' to watch as a Sooner fan.

Does the term 'painful blowout' offend anyone else on here ?

basel90
3/4/2007, 08:01 AM
against Texas... i am convinced he is the amin reason we lost. He was below average and made costly mistakes and missed open receivers ... he was just inconsistent. As a fifth year senior , he was badly outplaed by a true freshsman.

In the BSstate game , he was just the main reason we lost after he dug us into a whole with turnovers.

sanantoniosooner
3/4/2007, 08:45 AM
against Texas... i am convinced he is the amin reason we lost. He was below average and made costly mistakes and missed open receivers ... he was just inconsistent. As a fifth year senior , he was badly outplaed by a true freshsman.

In the BSstate game , he was just the main reason we lost after he dug us into a whole with turnovers.
PT is the reason we came back and had a chance to win also dude. Get over it.

He was dealt one of the worst hands I've seen a Sooner be dealt and played it fairly well.