PDA

View Full Version : I'm MAD as hell.. and...

TexasLidig8r
2/27/2007, 02:21 PM
I'm NOT gonna take it anymore.

I don't WANT, nor should I HAVE... to press 1 for English or just stay on the line!

This is the United States of America! If you choose to live here, then by God, LEARN TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE!

I am sick to death of how our politicians and corporations keep enabling a certain culture, language, race because it is "politically correct." That is unmitigated horsecrap.

You want to make something of yourself here in the States? Go to school, get your FREE education, learn to speak english, get a job, excell at that job, bust your ***! There! That is the only blueprint you need!

Do we have.. For Japanese, please press 3.. for Vietnamese, please press 4.???? NO! WE DON'T !

Our schools, our businesses have all gone overboard in enabling those who do not wish to speak english and excel as we have done, as our fathers and forefathers have done.

I know, let's all go to Mexico, or France, or Spain, or Italy, and demand that their schools be open to us, that their schools are required to teach in english, that their cell phones should give us an option to speak english that their housing should be open to us just because we are by God Americans! They'd lock us up!

Enough is friggin' enough. hmmph!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Boomer.....
2/27/2007, 02:23 PM
x2

85Sooner
2/27/2007, 02:23 PM

I don't WANT, nor should I HAVE... to press 1 for English or just stay on the line!

This is the United States of America! If you choose to live here, then by God, LEARN TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE!

I am sick to death of how our politicians and corporations keep enabling a certain culture, language, race because it is "politically correct." That is unmitigated horsecrap.

You want to make something of yourself here in the States? Go to school, get your FREE education, learn to speak english, get a job, excell at that job, bust your ***! There! That is the only blueprint you need!

Do we have.. For Japanese, please press 3.. for Vietnamese, please press 4.???? NO! WE DON'T !

Our schools, our businesses have all gone overboard in enabling those who do not wish to speak english and excel as we have done, as our fathers and forefathers have done.

I know, let's all go to Mexico, or France, or Spain, or Italy, and demand that their schools be open to us, that their schools are required to teach in english, that their cell phones should give us an option to speak english that their housing should be open to us just because we are by God Americans! They'd lock us up!

Well said. Most attorneys are on the other sdie of the issue.

Octavian
2/27/2007, 02:24 PM
que?

SicEmBaylor
2/27/2007, 02:26 PM
http://www.barracks.org/giftshop/graphics/huzzah_mug-zoom.jpg

Rhino
2/27/2007, 02:28 PM
And I'm getting really tired of having to search Lowe's signage to find the English words.

OKLA21FAN
2/27/2007, 02:31 PM
the constitution of the republic of texas was written in 'mezzican' as well....

just sayin

fadada1
2/27/2007, 02:31 PM
gotta agree with the horn again. blech, spit, cough....

although, i think there are small changes in feeling going on... just my perception. people are getting fed up with stuff like "choose 2 for spanish". we're so worried about offending someone, that we've forgotten the basics in customer service/care... and taking care of the important items in business.

SicEmBaylor
2/27/2007, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure the "press 1 for English" thing has to do with offending people. I think it has more to do with a business reaching out to a greater customer base.
Still, I don't like it.

H8HOGS
2/27/2007, 02:42 PM
Press 1 for English
Press 2 for Spanish

You pressed 2. Now go back to wherever you came from learn to speak English and then come back.

TexasLidig8r
2/27/2007, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure the "press 1 for English" thing has to do with offending people. I think it has more to do with a business reaching out to a lesser educated, refuse to break the cycle of poverty customer base.
Still, I don't like it.

Fixed that for ya Sic.

And another thing.. I don't want to have to talk to Hadji in India or Pakistan for customer service! :mad: :mad:

Czar Soonerov
2/27/2007, 02:43 PM
No voy a tomarlo más. ¡NO DESEO, ni debo YO TENER… presionar 1 para el inglés o la estancia justa en la línea! ¡Éste es el Estados Unidos de América! ¡Si eliges vivir aquí, después por God, LEARN DE HABLAR LA LENGUA! Soy enfermo a la muerte de cómo nuestros políticos y corporaciones guardan el permitir de cierta cultura, lengua, raza porque es “corrige político.” Eso es unmitigated el horsecrap. ¿Deseas hacer algo de se aquí en los estados? ¡Ir a la escuela, conseguir tu educación LIBRE, aprender hablar inglés, conseguir un trabajo, excell en ese trabajo, reventar tu ***! ¡Allí! ¡Ése es el único modelo que necesitas! Tenemos. Para el japonés, presionar por favor 3. ¿para el vietnamita, presionar por favor 4.???? ¡NO! ¡NO! Nuestras escuelas, nuestros negocios todos han entrado al agua en permitir a los que no desean hablar inglés y sobresalir como hemos hecho, como nuestros padres y antepasados han hecho. ¡Sé, dejar nos que todos van a México, o Francia, o España, o Italia, y exigen que sus escuelas estén abiertas a nosotros, que sus escuelas están requeridas enseñar en inglés, que sus teléfonos de la célula nos den una opción para hablar inglés que su cubierta debe estar abierta a nosotros apenas porque estamos por God americans! ¡Nos trabarían para arriba! Bastante es friggin bastante. ¡hmmph!!!!!!!!!!! : enojado: : enojado: : enojado:

fijo

Ike
2/27/2007, 03:22 PM
As a country, we are really good at sweating the small stuff.

royalfan5
2/27/2007, 03:24 PM
The European Immigrants of the 19th and early 20th centuries spoke their own languages for a long time after they moved here too. I don't know why people expect Hispanic immigrants to be any different.

Ike
2/27/2007, 03:27 PM
The European Immigrants of the 19th and early 20th centuries spoke their own languages for a long time after they moved here too. I don't know why people expect Hispanic immigrants to be any different.

many european immigrants still do this.

Beef
2/27/2007, 03:28 PM
But businesses didn't make everyone press 1 for German, 2 for Italian, 3 for whatever Slovak language on their phones.

royalfan5
2/27/2007, 03:29 PM
But businesses didn't make everyone press 1 for German, 2 for Italian, 3 for whatever Slovak language on their phones.
If everybody had phones in 1910, I bet they would have.

Scott D
2/27/2007, 03:34 PM
ok bye lid, enjoy your life in (insert other country here). We will be sure to not miss you one single bit.

Pepe Frias' Batting Glove
2/27/2007, 04:01 PM
No entiendo.

SoonerJack
2/27/2007, 04:06 PM
Fixed that for ya Sic.

And another thing.. I don't want to have to talk to Hadji in India or Pakistan for customer service! :mad: :mad:

"Pleasing to thank you, valued customer. How am I to be helping you with the computings?"

Dio
2/27/2007, 04:19 PM

The ones in my family didn't. And they were legal.

Scott D
2/27/2007, 04:20 PM
so has lid moved to another country yet? preferably one without internet access.

royalfan5
2/27/2007, 04:22 PM
The ones in my family didn't. And they were legal.
There's exceptions to every rule, but as a general rule communities don't assimilate until the second generation. Expecting everyone to be the exception is pretty naive. If you immigrated to Uruguay and lived in a large English speaking community there, would you instantly start speaking in Spanish all the time everyday?

soonersweetie
2/27/2007, 04:23 PM

Can't believe I'm agreeing with a horn ;)

But you are absolutely, 100% right!!!! And please explain to me why the driver's test is given in both English and Spanish (and other languages possibly), however the road signs are in English. Doesn't that worry anyone?

I am sick of political correctness. They are now offering total Spanish Immersion classes in schools for kindergartners. Like hell am I going to have my child learn Spanish before they correctly learn English. If I wanted them to speak only Spanish, I would have moved to Mexico or Spain.

Dio
2/27/2007, 04:34 PM
There's exceptions to every rule, but as a general rule communities don't assimilate until the second generation. Expecting everyone to be the exception is pretty naive. If you immigrated to Uruguay and lived in a large English speaking community there, would you instantly start speaking in Spanish all the time everyday?

Uruguay? Paraguay so pwns Uruguay!

To answer your question, I wouldn't be surprised if the native Uruguayans were ****ed if said English-speaking enclave started demanding the entire country bend over backwards to accomodate their linguistic needs. It's not like we're the only ones who go off about this stuff- go to Paris and start speaking to the frogs in English.

TexasLidig8r
2/27/2007, 04:40 PM
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And another thing... I made a credit card payment last Friday... found out am going to Vegas this Saturday... so, I don't want to wait forever for another payment on my card to clear (need that card to **** away money in Sin City).. it's call the credit card "customer no-service" line... mumble .. mumble .. mumble.. finally.. "NO APU.. I DON'T WANT A FRIGGIN' SQUISHY!! I WANT TO GIVE YOUR STUPID COMPANY MORE MONEY.. RIGHT NOW!!! SO I CAN GIVE YOUR COMPANY EVEN MORE MONEY NEXT WEEK!! SAVVY??? DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUF??!!!!"

Jeez laweez!!!

Boy, I'm in a ****ed off mood today!

trey
2/27/2007, 04:45 PM
you pay your credit card bill over the phone? mix in some online banking

Mjcpr
2/27/2007, 04:45 PM
You carry a cc balance?

Your next call should be to a Financial Advisor.

soonerboomer93
2/27/2007, 06:42 PM
Fixed that for ya Sic.

Of course that you might have been speaking to Hadji, the legal immigrant in Texas is of no consequence....

Soonrboy
2/27/2007, 07:13 PM
Can't believe I'm agreeing with a horn ;)

But you are absolutely, 100% right!!!! And please explain to me why the driver's test is given in both English and Spanish (and other languages possibly), however the road signs are in English. Doesn't that worry anyone?

I am sick of political correctness. They are now offering total Spanish Immersion classes in schools for kindergartners. Like hell am I going to have my child learn Spanish before they correctly learn English. If I wanted them to speak only Spanish, I would have moved to Mexico or Spain.

What scares me even more is that all yield signs have to be the same shape and color, all stop signs have to be the same shape and color, so that English speakers don't have to actually read the sign.

Where are they offering Spanish Immersion classes for English speakers?

soonerboomer93
2/27/2007, 07:55 PM
you guys are so funny. I need to take some pictures around here and post them up.

IE, the signs are all the same shape (where they have them because they don't use stop signs here)

Most of the road signs are in English and Korean

StormySooner-IN
2/27/2007, 08:12 PM

Enough is friggin' enough. hmmph!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:Then get down there and secure your border.:texan:

OUr border.:D

def_lazer_fc
2/28/2007, 02:50 AM
man, if having to press 1 for english or 2 for spanish ****es you off, you should start using the chase bank atms. there's like 12 different language options. your head would probably explode on the spot.

soonerboomer93
2/28/2007, 03:41 AM
Heh, you should see how many options I have to go through to use my atm card, and that if I get an atm with all the correct options

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2007, 03:51 AM
What scares me even more is that all yield signs have to be the same shape and color, all stop signs have to be the same shape and color, so that English speakers don't have to actually read the sign.

Where are they offering Spanish Immersion classes for English speakers?

Actually, that's not why they're all the same shape and color.

A second's worth of reflection should make it obvious why, though by all means continue to ride the reactionary bandwagon.

Personally, I think it's a super idea to make all the traffic signs different shapes and colors so that I have to think about whether the purple decagon up ahead is a stop sign or whatever.

They offer Spanish Immersion classes for English speakers so that our children can learn a foreign language before their vocal chords are fully developed. If you learn a language after 8, you'll never really speak it fluently.

But you guys are right-they're probably doing it as part of some insidious "bend over backwards" mentality.

soonerboomer93
2/28/2007, 03:54 AM
quit bring in common sense and all that ****

you're gonna disturb the reactionary type peoples

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2007, 04:04 AM
Hey, you know, don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of government agencies having to print forms in other languages. On the other hand, it's a huge f-ing waste of time for the government to have to hold every person who can't read English's hand when it comes time to get a driver license.

I really do wish that more immigrants (legal or otherwise) would make more of an effort to assimilate. I know that learning a language (especially as an adult) isn't instantaneous, but goodness-a few years of living in a country and you'd think you could at least pick up the basic vocabulary and grammar.

On the other hand, I don't have a problem at all with people of different ethnicities celebrating their heritage. Anyone who doesn't think that Irish, German, or any of the other major waves of immigrants didn't do the same are pretty ignorant of our history. Heck, just go to the North End of Boston to put the lie to that.

2/28/2007, 04:36 AM
http://www.cnn.com/US/9901/04/obit.cody/eyes.jpg

Vaevictis
2/28/2007, 04:36 AM

It would scare me even more if all the stop and yield signs were different colors and shapes.

You can recognize a stop sign faster and further away if it's a red octagon every single time than if it were a purple pentagon one time, a yellow circle another, an orange square another, etc.

afs
2/28/2007, 05:38 AM
what do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?

trilingual

how 'bout someone who speaks 2 languages?
bilingual

what do you call someone who speaks 1 language?

American.

That being said, when I travel to a foreign country i don't expect them to speak english and consider it rude when I get mad at them. Those who come to the US should speak english or at least attempt it - the government shouldn't cave to them. But on the same lines, Americans need to get over our egos and branch out to learn new languages and cultures.