PDA

View Full Version : AD is coldhearted

soonerloyal
2/27/2007, 11:41 AM
Got these from the scout board. :mad:

first, yesterdays article
PETERSON WORKED OUT AFTER BROTHER'S DEATH

The numbers posted by Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson become even more impressive in light of the fact that he learned on Sunday morning that his brother was shot and killed in Texas.

Per Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, Peterson got the news in the early hours of Sunday, but still participated in the workout without missing a beat.

Though Glazer gushes about the fact that Peterson was still able to put together a 4.38 in the 40 and other noteworthy numbers, we're not ready to compare the performance to Emmitt Smith in the final regular season game of 1993 against the Giants, when Smith ignored a painful shoulder injury to carry the team to the NFC East title with an overtime win in the Meadowlands.

It's one thing to show up for your team; it's another thing to show up for yourself. In Peterson's case, the workout benefits only one person, and although on one hand it shows that he has the ability to ignore distractions and perform, it makes us wonder whether the kid has his priorities in line.

Then again, given that he already is showing a propensity to pick football over family, maybe it makes him even more desirable to an NFL team

then todays commentary
MORE ON PETERSON

We've received several e-mails today advising us that we are complete a-holes (as if we didn't already know that) for suggesting that Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson was being more selfish than heroic by sticking around in Indy after learning that his half-brother had been shot and killed.

Well, consider this fact. Peterson was interviewed on Sunday afternoon by NFL Network. At the end of the segment, Jamie Dukes asked Peterson whether he or Brady Quinn should be on the cover of GQ. Peterson then laughed, shot a GQ-style look at the camera, and laughed again. (The clip, as of this posting, if available on NFL.com.)

We suppose it's not our business to tell someone how to process grief, but give us a freaking break. Either Peterson wasn't as heartbroken as Jay Glazer's piece on the matter suggests, or Peterson is even more coldhearted than we are.

www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

leavingthezoo
2/27/2007, 11:44 AM
shock allows us to do things we might not normally be able to do. i'm sure many encouraged him to "go through with it, it's what your brother would want" type thing.

those guys can stick it.

Ash
2/27/2007, 11:51 AM
Having just suffered through a loss in my family, and having to go back to work, make a living, suck it up and get on with life shortly afterward in addition to helping grieving family members deal with the emotional, spiritual, and financial windfall - if some random jackass that didn't know me from Adam tried to tell me how I should or shouldn't be acting, they would get nothing my foot straight up his/her ***.

Sometimes it's helpful, in times of grief, to get away from it for a moment by concentrating on things like your career and having some lighthearted moments. It's not like AD was asked about his brother's death and then cracked a joke.

Give ME a ****ing break.

SoonerStormchaser
2/27/2007, 11:53 AM
I smell a mini-Mike ****** type flamefest coming!

soonerboy_odanorth
2/27/2007, 11:54 AM
Just wondering because I don't know... Do we even know if AD was close to his half-brother? Did they grow up together?

soonerhubs
2/27/2007, 11:54 AM
I would click on that link and respond, but that type of ignorance doesn't deserve my attention by gracing their pathetic board. AD handled the grief wonderfully. The day after my sister was killed in a car accident I went back to work as a full time missionary because it was what I felt I needed to do. I don't regret it, and I highly doubt AD will regret his decision either.

Since when did those pricks become experts on the stages of mourning.

MojoRisen
2/27/2007, 12:02 PM
I have noticed exceeding pricks in the media about this whole combine thing.

I am not shocked they would put something like that out- but what in the hell is it for Adrian who has prepared vigorously to go out and perform for his future even if he did not sleep much... I would have gone through the process as normally and numb as I possibly could to just get it behind me so I could deal with the mourning- but first things first- and for him to bail on it they would have jacked him up for that too...

He did the right thing and for these ### holes to make comments like that they are clearly running out of things to write...