PDA

View Full Version : Castiglione did the right thing

colleyvillesooner
2/27/2007, 11:27 AM
Setting: At the OU/UT game, when the crowd was at it's peak of being fed up with the Ref, and Capel had just got T'd up.

They were about to run the Ryan Minor highlights and welcome him to the court during the timeout, but the crowd was really into the game and letting the Ref have it. During the timeout, I saw Joe wave off the highlights to let the fans continue to boo. The ran the Minor highlights and presentation at the next timeout. He catches alot of flack, but that was a good impromptu call. It would have totally brought the crowd out of the game, and not been the reception Minor deserved.

FWIW, Ryan sat right by me and left early when we we're still in it.

Boomer.....
2/27/2007, 11:31 AM
It did get loud. I'm glad that he did that or they didn't play some dumb song to quiet the crowd.

:les: Hey ref you suck!

GrapevineSooner
2/27/2007, 04:21 PM
Good on Joe, then.

NormanPride
2/27/2007, 05:08 PM
I'm not a big Joe C fan in some areas, but that was a heads-up move on his part. Good job!

william_brasky
2/27/2007, 08:58 PM
FWIW, Ryan sat right by me and left early when we we're still in it.

This does not surprise Brasky.

birddog
2/27/2007, 09:58 PM
maybe he had a function with one of the tri delt girls.

Flying Scotsman
2/27/2007, 10:47 PM
Which one of the 3?

runner1182
2/28/2007, 02:08 AM
joe is great! gets better every year!

2/28/2007, 05:57 AM
I don't think many people fully understand/appreciate the "Director" part of being an "Athletic Director."

Much of it is about marketing. It is like being on live television most of your life.

NormanPride
2/28/2007, 10:37 AM
I understand perfectly the reasons he makes the decisions he does. I also know he has access to more information about sales trends, polls, donor input, etc. than we all do. I still think some of the decisions he's made throughout his tenure here have been questionable, and I think the direction he's taking the athletic department is not the direction I would take it.

Still, you can't argue with the success that we've had and the fact that we're in the black, unlike most athletic departments.

The_Red_Patriot
2/28/2007, 10:47 AM
Joe C is the man.

Proves it time and time again