PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Reaction

Mjcpr
2/27/2007, 10:56 AM
What was the crowd reaction when Kevin/Kelvin and family were introduced?

NormanPride
2/27/2007, 11:00 AM
Sounded like they were cheering. I saw Kellen looked kind of choked up, which made badger go "Awww..." :D

Jeopardude
2/27/2007, 11:01 AM
Almost everybody stood up and clapped. Some cheers yelled out. I heard faintly some low boos, but nothing too loud.

King Crimson
2/27/2007, 11:34 AM
when Kellen spoke after the game, and thanked his father (was really choked up).....there was applause that i could hear on the radio. now, it WAS after the game so that's a different statistical sample of OU fan than before the game....

Boomer.....
2/27/2007, 11:35 AM
I'm glad that they didn't boo.

Mjcpr
2/27/2007, 11:53 AM
I'm glad that they didn't boo.

Me too. I'm a little surprised actually, so yay fans!

poke4christ
2/27/2007, 12:59 PM
High show of class from LNC.

Sooner98
2/27/2007, 01:38 PM
I liked the crowd's applause for Sampson, but WTF was with hundreds of fans streaming for the exits with 1:20 to go, we're down by five, with the ball??? Idiots. :mad:

NormanPride
2/27/2007, 01:45 PM
so... badger still here. How bout them LOSERS at espn NOT TELEVISING kellen's first (and likely ONLY) start?

WHAT GIVES?! The number one favorite player (and teammate) on the team starts and WE do NOT get to see it?!

espn sux.

King Crimson
2/27/2007, 02:27 PM
so... badger still here. How bout them LOSERS at espn NOT TELEVISING kellen's first (and likely ONLY) start?

WHAT GIVES?! The number one favorite player (and teammate) on the team starts and WE do NOT get to see it?!

espn sux.

you think ESPN is going to cut away from a bigtime Beoheim lovefest when every ******asaurus rex that works at "the Network" is in a mambo line of reach arounds watching their alma mater the 'Cuse storm the court.

Jeopardude
2/27/2007, 02:37 PM
I liked the crowd's applause for Sampson, but WTF was with hundreds of fans streaming for the exits with 1:20 to go, we're down by five, with the ball??? Idiots. :mad:

100% agreed. Sad sacks. :mad:

soonervegas
2/27/2007, 03:51 PM

Either:

#1 Old Donors not wanting to wait in the car lanes for 1 hour because they parked near the stadium (or)

#2 A basic misunderstanding of basketball.

I put it at about 50% for both groups.

John Kochtoston
2/27/2007, 04:55 PM

I've said this before, and I'll say it again...

...those of you who leave Owen Field/LNC early are not beating traffic. You're causing it.:mad:

Look if we're up (or, God forbid, down) by 30, then it's fine. I understand if you've seen what you've come to see. Personally, I like watching the second team, or the first team work on things. But, that's just me. But the people streaming for the exits last night seriously made me wonder why they came at all.

It's not just basketball, either. People left the Baylor football game in '05 when we had an 8-point lead with about 5 minutes to go. A fumble, a TD and a two-point coversion later, we're in overtime.

NormanPride
2/27/2007, 05:09 PM
Good riddance. Gives my fat *** more room to stretch out. :(

sanantoniosooner
2/27/2007, 05:19 PM
is this badger or NP?

colleyvillesooner
2/27/2007, 05:42 PM
heh

John Kochtoston
2/27/2007, 05:54 PM

Well, there is that. :D

OUstud
2/27/2007, 06:48 PM
A lot of them stand at the top in LNC...but still, what's the point, you get to go home 2 minutes earlier? Does OU basketball/football really make you want to leave that badly?

runner1182
2/28/2007, 02:13 AM
last nights crowd very sad! guess everyone has important things to do!

2/28/2007, 06:05 AM
...those of you who leave Owen Field/LNC early are not beating traffic. You're causing it.:mad:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/lg-wtf-mug.jpg

Taxman71
2/28/2007, 11:51 AM
First, the crowd gave a huge cheer for both Kellen and his family before the game as well as after. Very classy and says a lot about how happy (and secure) we feel about Capel.

Second, my Kansas friends were asking about the mass exodus at the 2 minute mark. It happens at every game regardless of the situation and it is sad. I left towards the end of the senior ceremony (10-15 minutes after the game ended?) and had absolutely zero traffic getting out of the parking lot. The early exiters are just plain sad.

What's worse is their ****y attitude in the parking lot when they don't let other cars OR pedestrians cross in front of them cause they might miss the beginning of Matlock.

John Kochtoston
2/28/2007, 12:51 PM

Thought it ws pretty self-explanitory. :confused:

soonervegas
2/28/2007, 01:22 PM
What's worse is their ****y attitude in the parking lot when they don't let other cars OR pedestrians cross in front of them cause they might miss the beginning of Matlock.

No doubt. I almost got mowed down last year after the OSU game by a few of our more "seasoned donors". There were people scattering everywhere as Maude and Ugene plowed through the parking lot. We were speed bumps as far as they were concerned.

OUstud
2/28/2007, 03:42 PM

People who leave early get in their cars. A lot of people leave OU games early. Thus, lots of people in cars. Traffic.

2/28/2007, 03:51 PM
Ah, got it... much better than everyone getting in their cars all at once.

John Kochtoston
2/28/2007, 05:55 PM
Ah, got it... much better than everyone getting in their cars all at once.

Point being, that if you leave early, you're still gonna get "caught in traffic." The early birds just begin the inevitable. May as well watch the whole game.

badger
2/28/2007, 06:44 PM
i remember the football game vs. baylor the year before last. people were leaving at the end of regulation.

HELLOOOOO?! OVERTIME!

needless to say, that was one of the worst traffic nightmares Norman has had in recent years, because a majority of the early leavers decided to stay to make sure da bears weren't going to get their first W over ou.