PDA

View Full Version : so i gots me some new shoes

fadada1
2/27/2007, 10:15 AM
since i'm on my feet here in the golf shop all day long, i purchased some ECCO shoes. non-golf variety. they are hella sweet and hella comfy. my back hasn't hurt since i started wearing them. they were a bit expensive, but i figure they'll get used to max extent.

most excellent and i recommend them - especially if'n yer on yer "plates of meat" all day long.

King Crimson
2/27/2007, 10:40 AM
agree. my dad had foot surgery a few years ago and bought about 8 pairs of shoes to deal with the post-surgery pain (ecco, mephisto, some others) and to wear to the office.....and a couple of the ecco pairs he gave me afterwards....they were great shoes.

if you are going to be on your feet, you mos def get what you pay for and it's worth it to pay a little extra. when i used to cook as my job, i used to buy these red wing steel toe shoes (ugly black navy style shoes) that were seriously kick *** that had great arch support and were indestructible. i don't think they make them anymore.

i always cringe when i go into a food place and they don't have rubber mats for the employees to stand on.....just tile. that's inhuman.

C&CDean
2/27/2007, 10:59 AM
Comfortable shoes are worth their weight in gold. Boots/shoes are the one piece of clothing I don't mind spending large amounts of $$ on.

Oldnslo
2/27/2007, 11:03 AM
Boots/shoes are the one piece of clothing that make me feel as FABULOUS as Liberace visiting Lid.

uh. That's great.

sooneron
2/27/2007, 11:07 AM
I never thought I'd marry someone that spends FAR less cash on shoes than I do. She doesn't get it. And I'm not talking about Manolos or Jimmy Choos. I'm referring to the practice of her not buying well-constructed footwear. All of my wife's shoes look beat up like crap after two months. Oh yeah, and she doesn't take care of them. I got trees in any pair of mine that are worth a damn.

C&CDean
2/27/2007, 11:08 AM
uh. That's great.

How you doin?

85Sooner
2/27/2007, 11:11 AM
since i'm on my feet here in the golf shop all day long, i purchased some ECCO shoes. non-golf variety. they are hella sweet and hella comfy. my back hasn't hurt since i started wearing them. they were a bit expensive, but i figure they'll get used to max extent.

most excellent and i recommend them - especially if'n yer on yer "plates of meat" all day long.

Got about 6 pairs of Eccos. THey ARE the Bomb of shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picasso
2/27/2007, 11:25 AM
I've got some Ecco dress shoes. the golf shoes are crazy expensive.

OUAndy1807
2/27/2007, 11:33 AM
Ecco is all I will wear now, which sucks because they only make certain styles up to size 48 (european), which is what I need.

I went through a phase of buying Timberlands, but I would seriously wear them out in 2-3 months to the point that the sole was completely split and tearing apart. I had my last pair of Ecco's for about 5 years.

I got my dad some of the hiking boot looking Ecco's and he didn't even try them on because he wasn't crazy about how they looked. After a couple of months he finally got around to trying them on and he hasn't taken them off since. I also got him the golf shoes and he returned them because he didn't like the looks, so he got some footjoys (which dissapointed me)

fadada1
2/27/2007, 11:36 AM
I've got some Ecco dress shoes. the golf shoes are crazy expensive.
don't waste your money on their golf shoes. if you want good golf shoes, and you walk a lot, and are willing to spend the money, get the ADIDAS TOUR 360. by FAR, the best golf shoes i've ever owned. i'll wear them all day in the shop, then go and walk 9 holes at the end of the day. no problems.

picasso
2/27/2007, 11:46 AM
don't waste your money on their golf shoes. if you want good golf shoes, and you walk a lot, and are willing to spend the money, get the ADIDAS TOUR 360. by FAR, the best golf shoes i've ever owned. i'll wear them all day in the shop, then go and walk 9 holes at the end of the day. no problems.

I ride mannnnnnnn. Haven't walked since the Osage County mini tours, circa '89.:D

fadada1
2/27/2007, 11:58 AM
I ride mannnnnnnn. Haven't walked since the Osage County mini tours, circa '89.:D
nancy boy.

;)

King Crimson
2/27/2007, 01:07 PM

i can't wear Adidas, too narrow for me. i've always worn footjoy though the last pair i bought i had a pair of Nike's i got on cheap that tore my feet up. never Nike again. like an unsophisticated pain device on the order of thumb screws those shoes were.

fadada1
2/27/2007, 01:15 PM
i can't wear Adidas, too narrow for me. i've always worn footjoy though the last pair i bought i had a pair of Nike's i got on cheap that tore my feet up. never Nike again. like an unsophisticated pain device on the order of thumb screws those shoes were.
adidas makes a "wide" version of their tour 360. give it a try.