PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you happen to know

OU4LIFE
2/27/2007, 10:03 AM
A female that has a profession in welding or small engine repair? I am trying to help a student in the GirlTech program and we are in need of just one more female mentor for a young lady in welding who wants to build motorcycles for a living.

peem me if you can help, biznachos.

fadada1
2/27/2007, 10:08 AM
maybe do some kind of checking with some folks at tinker... if you have any connections.

Mjcpr
2/27/2007, 10:08 AM
First thing I'd check for is carpet fibers in her teeth.

YWIA

Widescreen
2/27/2007, 10:11 AM
First thing I'd check for is carpet fibers in her teeth.

YWIA
Once again, you can count on Mr. Helpy McHelpington. ^^^^^

Here's my contribution:
Is she HAWT?

Beef
2/27/2007, 10:15 AM
I knew this chick back in the '80's that was a welder, but all she really wanted to do was dance ballet, even though no one believed in her because she danced smuttily for $$.

OU4LIFE
2/27/2007, 10:24 AM
*sigh*

...and I really believed you people could help.

crawfish
2/27/2007, 10:26 AM
*sigh*

...and I really believed you people could help.

...and here I was thinking you weren't that stupid. :D

Mjcpr
2/27/2007, 10:39 AM
Seriously....

Do you have any contacts at Tulsa Welding School? Maybe you could give them a call to see if they might have some women welder folk they could put you in touch with.

Hamhock
2/27/2007, 10:43 AM
but, seriously, while you're answering questions....

Is she HAWT?

Mjcpr
2/27/2007, 10:51 AM
Also, I have developed a simple quiz for the aspiring female welder:

Define the Following:

Arc Blow-
Back Pass-
Backing Strip-
Blow Hole (aka Gas Pocket)-
Butt Joint-
Butt Weld (different from a Butt Joint)-
Crack-
Depth of Fusion-
Flash-
Flat Position-
Hardening-
Helmet-
Joint Penetration-
Penetrant Inspection-
Poke Welding-
Pulsation Welding-
Root Crack-
Root Penetration-
Spatter-
Stud Welding-
Throat Depth-
Toe Crack-
Underbread Crack-
Weldability-

Here is the answer key of you need it (http://www.engineersedge.com/welding.htm)

C&CDean
2/27/2007, 10:53 AM
Dude, at the risk of sounding sexist (heaven forbid) I'm gonna have to tell you that chicks don't make good mechanics/welders. It has to be a chromosonal thing or something. It's just one of those skill sets that chicks ain't equipped for.

Back when I managed one of the USPS Vehicle Maintenance Facilities an old aircraft mechanic said it best. "You show me a female that can handle a 90-pound sweeney wrench and I'll let her be a mechanic."

Guys and chicks can cook. Guys and chicks can fly airplanes. Guys and chicks can drive heavy equipment. Guys and chicks can be CEO's (although I prefer a post-menopausal female if I have to work for one).

Mechanicing is a whole different deal. A guy can't breastfeed, and a chick can't mechanic.

Widescreen
2/27/2007, 11:16 AM
"You show me a female that can handle a 90-pound sweeney wrench and I'll let her be a mechanic."
Pfft. It's all ball bearings these days. And no chick can adequately check a Pfetzer valve.

achiro
2/27/2007, 11:23 AM
And no chick can adequately check a Pfetzer valve.
I know a lot that I would let try and check my Pfetzer valve...

SoonerStormchaser
2/27/2007, 11:31 AM
http://austinchronicle.com/binary/ca2642ac/f.flashdance.jpg

She might be available.

LoyalFan
2/28/2007, 02:47 AM
This thread is prob'ly worth more WITHOUT pics.

Just sayin'

LF

tommieharris91
2/28/2007, 03:20 AM
Guys and chicks can cook.

This statement seems un:dean:like. Don't you realize women only belong in two places?

soonerboomer93
2/28/2007, 03:50 AM
grilling and smoking = guys cooking....

see, it's pretty simple then

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/28/2007, 07:48 AM
http://austinchronicle.com/binary/ca2642ac/f.flashdance.jpg

She might be available.They probably had a dude doing the welding since they had another chick doing the dancing.

yermom
2/28/2007, 09:19 AM
is she hotter in that movie now knowing that she grows up to like chicks?

(Beef's Flash Dance nod was better :D)

C&CDean
2/28/2007, 09:31 AM
This statement seems un:dean:like. Don't you realize women only belong in two places?

Just because most of the world's master chefs happen to be men doesn't have anything to do with where women belong. And they belong in a lot more than two places. Hell man, how many positions are there in the Kama Sutra?

Chuck Bao
2/28/2007, 09:55 AM
My cousin is a welder and supposedly a pretty good one. The first time I met her was in my father's manufacturing shop and I accidentally called her sir. She seemed quite okay with that.

Mjcpr
2/28/2007, 10:12 AM
Seriously....

Do you have any contacts at Tulsa Welding School? Maybe you could give them a call to see if they might have some women welder folk they could put you in touch with.

What'd they say?