PDA

View Full Version : Evidently Gore doesn't listen to himself

85Sooner
2/26/2007, 07:11 PM
Gore mansion uses 20 times the avg home in resources, fuel etc...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

Typical liberal politico telling others what to do but not thinking it should apply to them:pop:

mdklatt
2/26/2007, 07:23 PM
Gore mansion uses 20 times the avg home in resources, fuel etc...

Doesn't he buy carbon credits to offset all of his energy usage?

crawfish
2/26/2007, 07:35 PM
I was amused with the applause he got at the Grammy's...a crowd that probably uses the 10 times the energy, on average, that normal people do.

Bottom line is: if you're not gonna be an example, you'll make a crappy spokesman.

OklahomaTuba
2/26/2007, 07:39 PM
Typical Liberal.

"Do what I say, not what I do."

TopDawg
2/26/2007, 07:41 PM
Typical conservative.

"Ignore the fact that our guys do that too."

OklahomaTuba
2/26/2007, 07:55 PM
Typical conservative.

Yeah, but no conservative is out there making movies trying to tell me how I am destroying the earth and mother nature.

Or telling me I need to live a certain way, when won't themselves.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

85Sooner
2/26/2007, 07:57 PM
Typical conservative.

Our guys don't make movies telling you what to do or did I miss something.

In fact our "guys" usually get called on everything they do against what they spew. hehe I made a rhyme.

OklahomaTuba
2/26/2007, 07:58 PM
Our guys don't make movies telling you what to do or did I miss something.

In fact our "guys" usually get called on everything they do against what they spew. hehe I made a rhyme.

Don't start using too much logic, it makes him mad. ;)

TopDawg
2/26/2007, 08:02 PM
Oh, so movie hypocrisy is worse. Sorry, I didn't know the hierarchy.

OklahomaTuba
2/26/2007, 08:03 PM
Oh, so movie hypocrisy is worse. Sorry, I didn't know the hierarchy.

RRRRight.

Cause its just about a movie.

:rolleyes:

TopDawg
2/26/2007, 08:03 PM

And isn't it just as stupid when liberals do it and then say something like "typical conservative, blah blah blah"?

SoonerAtKU
2/26/2007, 08:07 PM
Bottom line is: if you're not gonna be an example, you'll make a crappy spokesman.

We can't all be Ed Begley Jr.

Much as we'd all want to be...

TopDawg
2/26/2007, 08:08 PM
RRRRight.

Cause its just about a movie.

:rolleyes:

Oh, so it's environmental hypocrisy that's worse. OK, sorry.

SoonerInKCMO
2/26/2007, 10:06 PM
Doesn't he buy carbon credits to offset all of his energy usage?

Yes. Doubtful that many of the knuckle-draggers around can quite grasp that concept though.

picasso
2/26/2007, 10:49 PM
I went overboard with my tp usage today.

KABOOKIE
2/26/2007, 10:52 PM
Yes. Doubtful that many of the knuckle-draggers around can quite grasp that concept though.

Yeah nothing says I'm not a polluter like carbon credits.

jacru
2/27/2007, 12:20 AM
Don't you conservatives get it. We liberals get a pass 'cause we're better people. You, however, get castigated for farting. Earth raper!

Jimminy Crimson
2/27/2007, 04:30 AM
Global warming. Haha!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/27/2007, 05:49 AM
I use several sheets of TP, I run water while brushing my teeth, I like it cold in my house in the summer and hot in the winter, I like paper over the "paperless office", I leave lights on - 'cause I can, I like to drive V8's fast...

Human caused global warming is a farce.

Vaevictis
2/27/2007, 06:23 AM

They're quite capable of grasping the concept. When Bush campaigns for the application of the exact same concept to the oil and power industries, you can bet they understand and support the concept completely.

Same goal. Same mechanism. But it's all about who, not what. Remember that.

EDIT: Oh, and as an aside, what Drudge doesn't mention is that the TVA offers a "Green Power" option which allows customers to specify that a certain percentage of their power come from green renewable sources (wind, solar, etc), and that Gore claims to subscribe to that program at 100%.

Jerk
2/27/2007, 07:06 AM
Well ladies, I'll be doing my part today. You liberals driving your little Vovlos and Geo Metros better GTF outta the way! yee haw! :texan:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9548/picture001my8.jpg
Pic of my carbon credit (notice the snow!!! I'm not working hard enough!!)

Harry Beanbag
2/27/2007, 07:13 AM
EDIT: Oh, and as an aside, what Drudge doesn't mention is that the TVA offers a "Green Power" option which allows customers to specify that a certain percentage of their power come from green renewable sources (wind, solar, etc), and that Gore claims to subscribe to that program at 100%.

Maybe he does, but I posted a link last week that quoted one of his handlers saying the Gores were "exploring" that option.

Al's hypocrisy aside, he's still a maniacal tool.

Vaevictis
2/27/2007, 07:27 AM
Maybe he does, but I posted a link last week that quoted one of his handlers saying the Gores were "exploring" that option.

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070227/NEWS01/702270382/1297/MTCN02

Gore purchased 108 blocks of "green power" for each of the past three months, according to a summary of the bills.

http://www.tva.com/greenpowerswitch/green_mainfaq.htm

Green Power Switch is sold to residential consumers in 150-kilowatt-hour blocks (about 12 percent of a typical household’s monthly energy use)

108*150kWh=16200 kWh

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year.

Looks like it's about 100% to me.

(Technically, it's impossible to tell exactly what the percentage is, but if he bought 16000kWh for each of three months falling somewhere between November and February, and his usage in August was 22619kWh, if 100% isn't the number, then it's very, very close.)

Al's hypocrisy aside, he's still a maniacal tool.

And that opinion is what all this faux indignation is really about.

KABOOKIE
2/27/2007, 07:51 AM
I poach alligators in the Florida swap but it's OK because I buy bunny credits from PETA to make up for it! :rolleyes:

Xstnlsooner
2/27/2007, 08:50 AM
It's kinda like the story about the guy who asked a friend to come
to church with him. The friend said, "no way, that place is full of
hypocrits!" The first guy said, "that's okay, we've always got
room for one more!"

Save your breath, it really doesn't matter!

TopDawg
2/27/2007, 08:55 AM
It's kinda like the story about the guy who asked a friend to come
to church with him. The friend said, "no way, that place is full of
hypocrits!" The first guy said, "that's okay, we've always got
room for one more!"

Save your breath, it really doesn't matter!

That's crazy-talk. Liberals don't go to church!

jk the sooner fan
2/27/2007, 09:15 AM
Top Dawg - defending anti-conservatism since the 90's!!!!

TopDawg
2/27/2007, 09:47 AM
Top Dawg - defending anti-conservatism since the 90's!!!!

I guess that's just a by-product of my attempt to defend reason. If there weren't so many unreasonable conservatives on this board it wouldn't be so apparent.

jk the sooner fan
2/27/2007, 09:48 AM
well thank god we have you here then huh?

C&CDean
2/27/2007, 09:48 AM
Unreasonable conservatives? Yup, there's a few. However, I'm cracking up here with y'all's defending algore and saying "you're just attacking him, not his message." Sounds eerily familiar.

TopDawg
2/27/2007, 09:49 AM
Unreasonable conservatives? Yup, there's a few. However, I'm cracking up here with y'all's defending algore and saying "you're just attacking him, not his message." Sounds eerily familiar.

To the Bill Clinton days? ;)

C&CDean
2/27/2007, 09:50 AM
To the Bill Clinton days? ;)

Yup. Doesn't matter who's in the big house does it?

TopDawg
2/27/2007, 09:53 AM
Yup. Doesn't matter who's in the big house does it?

Never has, never will. I got a big kick out of it when Bush took office and all the cons on the board got mad at the libs for doing the same thing to Bush that the cons had been doing to Clinton for years.

And now we're seeing it come around again.

C&CDean
2/27/2007, 09:55 AM
Never has, never will. I got a big kick out of it when Bush took office and all the cons on the board got mad at the libs for doing the same thing to Bush that the cons had been doing to Clinton for years.

And now we're seeing it come around again.

Dude, there was one huge glaring difference though. Seems one of them was a CONVICTED liar, and the other is not. When you get convicted of lying you're pretty much fair game, no?

picasso
2/27/2007, 10:38 AM
Al Gore's Daddy was big oil too.

I've taken to the Southpark/San Fran method of sucking in all of my farts. thus helping the enviornment.

Vaevictis
2/27/2007, 10:48 AM
Dude, there was one huge glaring difference though. Seems one of them was a CONVICTED liar, and the other is not. When you get convicted of lying you're pretty much fair game, no?

That would be a great explanation, except what the Republicans did to Clinton started about 5-6 years before the perjury and conviction. :D

crawfish
2/27/2007, 10:56 AM

I think this deserves repeating. Liberals are always quick to jump on conservative Christians who live contradictory lives - hypocrisy doesn't ONLY exist in the church, though.

Bottom line is, the amount of space it would take right now to put up wind farms or solar panels to give EVERYBODY the "green" option is prohibitively large. You'd end up destroying a huge hunk of environment while trying to save others. If he really wants to impress us he needs to DECREASE his usage, making large personal sacrifices in order to provide an example for us all to live.

C&CDean
2/27/2007, 10:57 AM
That would be a great explanation, except what the Republicans did to Clinton started about 5-6 years before the perjury and conviction. :D

What exactly did they do? Call him a whoremongering goober? Clinton was never abused in the media like GWB has been. NEVAR. In fact, the media pretty much went out of their way to present the "it's not a big deal to be a whoremongerer" defense.

And I guess that's kind of the difference. When conservatives bitch nobody hears them. When liberals bitch, it's headline news.

85Sooner
2/27/2007, 11:10 AM
What exactly did they do? Call him a whoremongering goober? Clinton was never abused in the media like GWB has been. NEVAR. In fact, the media pretty much went out of their way to present the "it's not a big deal to be a whoremongerer" defense.

And I guess that's kind of the difference. When conservatives bitch nobody hears them. When liberals bitch, it's headline news.

He shoots he SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hatfield
2/27/2007, 11:13 AM
i can't believe that his mansion uses more energy than my 3 bedroom house....how is that even possible.

and how does his personal consumption alter the science behind the movie?*

*not letting him off the hook for his alleged greivous error, just stating it isn't relevant to the film itself.....

Vaevictis
2/27/2007, 11:13 AM
What exactly did they do? Call him a whoremongering goober?

You mean other than drive the multiple (admittedly deserved) investigations for what appeared to me -- and apparently most of the nation, if you look at the approval ratings from the time -- to be purely political motivations?

(And my opinion on the matter is even stronger now given the Republican party's performance under Bush -- absolutely no oversight or investigatory effort, at least not until a walloping at the polls. Understand that I'm not saying that investigation was unwarranted -- I think investigation of the executive is always warranted, but the underlying motivation was just to undermine a political opponent.)

Clinton was never abused in the media like GWB has been. NEVAR. In fact, the media pretty much went out of their way to present the "it's not a big deal to be a whoremongerer" defense. And I guess that's kind of the difference. When conservatives bitch nobody hears them. When liberals bitch, it's headline news.

... which, true or not, has absolutely nothing to do with either Bush or Clinton being shat upon by the opposition just because of partisan differences.

achiro
2/27/2007, 12:28 PM
Bottom line is, the amount of space it would take right now to put up wind farms or solar panels to give EVERYBODY the "green" option is prohibitively large. You'd end up destroying a huge hunk of environment while trying to save others. If he really wants to impress us he needs to DECREASE his usage, making large personal sacrifices in order to provide an example for us all to live.
It seems to me that large amounts of energy consumed is still energy consumed regardless of how it is made. If he is using a huge part of the green energy, that just takes away from some that someone else can use. They end up having to use the bad stuff anyway because of him.;)

TUSooner
2/27/2007, 12:43 PM
I use several sheets of TP, I run water while brushing my teeth, I like it cold in my house in the summer and hot in the winter, I like paper over the "paperless office", I leave lights on - 'cause I can, I like to drive V8's fast...

Human caused global warming is a farce.

Thanks for f*cking up the planet!
;)
Just because Gore says it doesn't mean it's a farce.
(no smiley)

soonerhubs
2/27/2007, 01:45 PM
So Al Gore bought all those green credits so other folks couldn't. Sorta takes aways from the conservation effort don'tcha think?

Rhino
2/27/2007, 02:15 PM
I drop off a tub full of recyclables every week, use CFLs and keep tabs on the thermostat. But my four-bedroom house uses more energy than a single-bedroom apartment. Does that make me a hypocrite?

Is there a similar sized house to Gore's that you can show me the energy totals of? Is there a huge, ****ing Earthship (http://www.earthship.org/) house you can tell me about?

jk the sooner fan
2/27/2007, 02:17 PM
Does that make me a hypocrite?

i dunno, did you make a movie and tour the country telling people how we're all ruining the earth?

Rhino
2/27/2007, 02:25 PM
I dunno, we're not ruining the Earth?

Have you seen the documentary/read the book or are you just writing it off as snotty liberal propaganda?

jk the sooner fan
2/27/2007, 02:28 PM
i've read enough to know that they want us to believe that american humans are responsible for global warming.........rather than cyclical changes

i mean, isnt that the whole purpose behind the tour and the movie? to convince us we need to change? to convince us we need to take a tub of recycleables a week and whatever else it is you do?

you asked if what you did made you a hypocrite, i simply pointed out that the rub of this thread seems to be that he's (or was) preaching one thing and practicing another.....therein lies the hypocracy

Fugue
2/27/2007, 02:30 PM
If the world gets too hot, we'll all need some of this:

http://www.monkamoo.com/Intermediate%20Product%20Pages/Intermediate%20Graphics/Anti%20Monkey%20Butt/ambpowder.jpg

Rhino
2/27/2007, 02:41 PM
Okay, I don't have a movie or a book, but I encourage everyone to recycle and be energy-efficient (if not for the environment, for your wallet), but I'm far from the most energy-efficient person around.

I drive an SUV that averages 20mph on a good day, but I like driving it. I keep the water heater a little warmer than it should be because I'm impatient. I haven't weather-stipped everything in my house. I have a second refrigerator for beverages in the garage. I keep the hot water running constantly while I'm shaving because it's easier.

But I don't see anything wrong with encouraging or educating others on how doing little things can help reduce their impact on their enviroment, even though I'm not the best personal example.

Hamhock
2/27/2007, 02:48 PM
i pee in the shower.

does that make me an environmentalist?

jk the sooner fan
2/27/2007, 03:06 PM
Okay, I don't have a movie or a book, but I encourage everyone to recycle and be energy-efficient (if not for the environment, for your wallet), but I'm far from the most energy-efficient person around.

I drive an SUV that averages 20mph on a good day, but I like driving it. I keep the water heater a little warmer than it should be because I'm impatient. I haven't weather-stipped everything in my house. I have a second refrigerator for beverages in the garage. I keep the hot water running constantly while I'm shaving because it's easier.

But I don't see anything wrong with encouraging or educating others on how doing little things can help reduce their impact on their enviroment, even though I'm not the best personal example.

you should try shaving in the shower! seriously, i switched over 2 years ago and get THE best smooth shaves......i dont even use a mirror anymore

anyway - i think its great that you do all those things.....i do what i can as a homeowner primarily to lessen the pinch on my checkbook, and while i'm not going to be inducted in the green party anytime soon....i do like to conserve where i can

there's nothing wrong with educating the masses....however i'm not sure he's the best spokesperson they could have found......he's had (at least imo) a personal agenda for years

Hamhock
2/27/2007, 03:33 PM
you should try shaving in the shower! seriously, i switched over 2 years ago and get THE best smooth shaves......i dont even use a mirror anymore

here!! here!!

i use a mirror, but it the shower is the best place to shave.

Rhino
2/27/2007, 03:35 PM
you should try shaving in the shower! seriously, i switched over 2 years ago and get THE best smooth shaves......i dont even use a mirror anymore I would, but that would lead to some long showers. With shaving the head, I have to be able to see what I'm doing or the bathroom becomes a bloody mess...especially around the ears.

jk the sooner fan
2/27/2007, 03:47 PM
oh i forgot you shave your head

nevermind

toast
2/27/2007, 04:30 PM
i can't believe that his mansion uses more energy than my 3 bedroom house....how is that even possible.

I would consider myself the average energy consumer and it kindof ticks me off that someone who is burning ___ times more energy than me wants to tell me what to do.

it's kind of like a 25 handicapper wanting to give golf lessons to a pro.

Hamhock
2/27/2007, 04:47 PM
I would consider myself the average energy consumer and it kindof ticks me off that someone who is burning ___ times more energy than me wants to tell me what to do.

it's kind of like a 25 handicapper wanting to give golf lessons to a pro.

but he's buying carbon credits!!:eddie: :rolleyes:

Xstnlsooner
2/27/2007, 05:23 PM
and he INVENTED THE INTERNET!! That gives him free ride to "hypocrite!"
lol

Harry Beanbag
2/27/2007, 08:28 PM
http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070227/NEWS01/702270382/1297/MTCN02

http://www.tva.com/greenpowerswitch/green_mainfaq.htm

108*150kWh=16200 kWh

Looks like it's about 100% to me.

(Technically, it's impossible to tell exactly what the percentage is, but if he bought 16000kWh for each of three months falling somewhere between November and February, and his usage in August was 22619kWh, if 100% isn't the number, then it's very, very close.)

That's fine, that link is more current. Good for him for trying to buy his way out of his excessive energy use.

And that opinion is what all this faux indignation is really about.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, but I've known that Gore is a major league toolbox for at least 15 years or so now. It really has nothing to do with the current uproar.

VeeJay
2/27/2007, 08:56 PM
Gore has packed on the pounds.

Unless he's got a glanular problem that's cropped up since he's gone on the $500 a plate dinner lecture circuit, he's eating too much.

Which means, the food processed/manufactured to feed his fat *** has been farmed where trees once were, was cultivated using tractors with internal combustion engines, and bought in stores that burn fossil fuels for electricity. And because of the weight gain, he probably farts more, adding insult to injury (no wonder he needs a mansion - Tipper probably has to live in the other side of the fugger).

Stoop Dawg
2/27/2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, but no conservative is out there making movies trying to tell me how I am destroying the earth and mother nature.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Dumbest thing you've ever typed. And that's saying something.

Go to church sometime.

Vaevictis
2/27/2007, 09:51 PM
That's fine, that link is more current. Good for him for trying to buy his way out of his excessive energy use.

... which is the main point of his message. You don't have to give up doing the things you want to do, you just have to adjust how you go about doing it.

As I alluded earlier, it's just like in the oil and power industry -- you want to do X with that part of your operation? Fine, offset it elsewhere in your operation.

You want to drive a car that puts X amount of carbon in the atmosphere? Fine, do something elsewhere (like paying someone to plant trees) that will pull X amount of carbon out of the atmosphere.

You want to draw 16kWh a month? Fine, but either pull it from green renewables, or buy enough carbon credits to offset the pollution from the generators.

Supposedly, all the poeple on your side of the aisle are capitalists, right? If the dude can afford to pay the premium to do this, why shouldn't he?

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, but I've known that Gore is a major league toolbox for at least 15 years or so now. It really has nothing to do with the current uproar.

What I'm saying is the opinion that Gore is a tool has much more to do with the current uproar than what he's actually doing.

Like I said, when Bush advocates the exact same system for oil and power providers, it's all good. But when Gore advocates (and lives!) the system, why, he's a hypocrite (which he isn't, if people would stop frothing at the mouth long enough to actually listen to what he's advocating -- the whole thing, not just the soundbites you hear on the "news").

SoonerGirl06
2/27/2007, 10:06 PM

I think Clinton brought it all on himself.... and he started it all in Arkansas.

Soonerus
2/27/2007, 10:09 PM
Gore is the biggest joke on the political landscape in awhile...total joke at the Oscar's...

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2007, 02:13 AM
I haven't seen his documentary, so I can't really comment on it.

I do wonder how many people can actually afford to live the 'carbon neutral' lifestyle that Al Gore claims to live. It would be all well and good if many of of us could live that lifestyle.

I suspect, however, that not many people can. Which therein lies the problem.

Harry Beanbag
2/28/2007, 06:54 AM
What I'm saying is the opinion that Gore is a tool has much more to do with the current uproar than what he's actually doing.

Like I said, when Bush advocates the exact same system for oil and power providers, it's all good. But when Gore advocates (and lives!) the system, why, he's a hypocrite (which he isn't, if people would stop frothing at the mouth long enough to actually listen to what he's advocating -- the whole thing, not just the soundbites you hear on the "news").

You're wrong. People thought they were rid of him years ago, but he keeps popping his ********* head up and running his stupid mouth. People are just sick of him and his lack of credibility on anything.

I don't know anything about Bush's energy proposals, nor do I really care. There are few policies of his that I am in agreement with.

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2007, 01:51 PM

Did Gore cover those "solutions" in his "global warming is going to kill us all" movie? I don't recall Bush covering those in his movie.

Maybe he did it while he flying around the globe in his private jet on speaking engagements??

landrun
2/28/2007, 02:10 PM
Is there a similar sized house to Gore's that you can show me the energy totals of? Is there a huge, ****ing Earthship (http://www.earthship.org/) house you can tell me about?

What does that matter? He can't follow his own religious advice?

If he demands you buy a smaller car, why can't he buy a smaller house. I mean really, how much room does he an Tipper need for themselves? I think they could live comfortably in a 1 bedroom apartment. Why does he need that castle for just two people. If he REALLY believed what he says then why would he be living in that large of a house in the first place? He demands everyone lives more frugally but look how he lives. Doesn't he have a conscience!!! He's killing everyone with his mansion.

Yet, typical of the left, they themselves will not lift a finger to conform to the demands that they insist everyone else makes. In fact, they do the exact opposite and live extravagant lives.

If you don't see the extreme hypocrisy and pretense in this, then you're not being honest with yourself. :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
2/28/2007, 02:16 PM
More Hypocrisy...

Sen. Dianne Feinstein offers plenty of tips on how California households can combat global warming, such as carpooling and running only a full dishwasher.

But one bit of information Feinstein declines to share is the number of times that she flew last year on her husband's Gulfstream jet, which burns much more fuel per passenger-mile than commercial airliners.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger also has asked constituents to do their part to conserve energy — including cutting summertime power consumption — even though he takes to the skies on leased executive jets.

Aides say there is nothing contradictory between the pro-green pronouncements and the flying habits of the Democratic senator and Republican governor.

Some environmentalists aren't so sure. "There appears to be a discrepancy between calling on people to make personal reductions and using a private jet that exacerbates the problem," Clean Air Watch President Frank O'Donnell said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jets28feb28,0,2448915.story?coll=la-home-headlines

landrun
2/28/2007, 02:28 PM
One thing is for certain, if 'we the people' demanded that our elected officials lead by example there would be a lot of junk we wouldn't have to endure. Including paying higher taxes, losing our social security to wasteful spending and being left without a true retirement, sending our troops to fight a war that isn't just (no. I'm not talking about Iraq) etc...

These guys always demand that 'we the peons' sacrifice while they freeload off our hard work. Always.

TopDawg
2/28/2007, 06:00 PM
Here's the funny part, turns out this group that reported on Gore's hypocrisy just made up the numbers:

The group said that Gore used nearly 221,000 kilowatt hours last year and that his average monthly electric bill was $1,359. Johnson said his group got its figures from Nashville Electric Service.

But company spokeswoman Laurie Parker said the utility never got a request from the policy center and never gave it any information.

;)

TopDawg
2/28/2007, 06:06 PM
i've read enough to know that they want us to believe that american humans are responsible for global warming.........rather than cyclical changes

i mean, isnt that the whole purpose behind the tour and the movie? to convince us we need to change? to convince us we need to take a tub of recycleables a week and whatever else it is you do?

If that really is the whole purpose behind the tour, then is he really being a hypocrit?

Gore's actions: changed his lifestyle to offset his (still high) energy consumption
Gore's message: change your lifestyle to offset your energy consumption

TopDawg
2/28/2007, 06:19 PM
I'll know more after I see the presentation tomorrow, but if Gore says "don't fly in planes" and flies in planes, he's a hypocrit.

If Gore says "don't use a lot of energy" but uses a lot of energy, he's a hypocrit.

But if what jk says is true, that Gore's message is "Change your lifestyle to offset your energy consumption," then how is he a hypocrit?

He may still be a toolbox or any of the other things you want to say, but it would seem that he's not a hypocrit...not on this point anyway.

Jerk
2/28/2007, 07:45 PM
I'll know more after I see the presentation tomorrow, but if Gore says "don't fly in planes" and flies in planes, he's a hypocrit.

If Gore says "don't use a lot of energy" but uses a lot of energy, he's a hypocrit.

But if what jk says is true, that Gore's message is "Change your lifestyle to offset your energy consumption," then how is he a hypocrit?

He may still be a toolbox or any of the other things you want to say, but it would seem that he's not a hypocrit...not on this point anyway.

He flies around in his own private jet (nothing wrong with that), lives in a mansion (nothing wrong with that as long as you're a democrat or a hollywood celeb) and owns at least 1 other house, and he's telling everyone else to fly commercial, drive a Geo Metro, etc. Sure...you just keep believing whatever you want to believe. You also probably think it's okay for Rosie O'Donnald to have armed bodyguards.

usmc-sooner
2/28/2007, 08:15 PM
help me Al Gore I'm melting.

TopDawg
2/28/2007, 08:20 PM
and he's telling everyone else to fly commercial, drive a Geo Metro, etc.

Link? Maybe he is saying that, but I haven't seen it.

usmc-sooner
2/28/2007, 08:27 PM
I'm about as worried about Al Gore's global warming, as I was when he was trying to fight with Twisted Sister and John Denver.

I'm wearing a loincloth, living in a tepee and riding my pony to work. I'm doing my part.

He's a bs artist who preys on the gullable democrats and those that are bsed easily.

He's the same guy who was for the war, but against the war because we shouldn't be policing the world for terrorist but we should instead spend our tax dollars policing the world of pollution and carbon.

TopDawg
2/28/2007, 08:42 PM
I'm about as worried about Al Gore's global warming, as I was when he was trying to fight with Twisted Sister and John Denver.

I'm wearing a loincloth, living in a tepee and riding my pony to work. I'm doing my part.

He's a bs artist who preys on the gullable democrats and those that are bsed easily.

That's fine. We can debate the validity of global warming all day. I do know that one of the scientists who does not agree with the idea that humans are contributing the global warming also concedes that he is in the minority of the scientific community...meaning that most scientists believe that humans are contributing to global warming.

So maybe it is BS. I'm not sure. But there was a time when people thought "round worlders" were full of BS. If you wanna play the "you're stupid/no YOU'RE stupid" game, then it's just as possible that conservative bs artists are preying on the gullable republicans who are afraid the global warming agenda will ruin their lives.

usmc-sooner
2/28/2007, 08:48 PM
That's fine. We can debate the validity of global warming all day. I do know that one of the scientists who does not agree with the idea that humans are contributing the global warming also concedes that he is in the minority of the scientific community...meaning that most scientists believe that humans are contributing to global warming.

So maybe it is BS. I'm not sure. But there was a time when people thought "round worlders" were full of BS. If you wanna play the "you're stupid/no YOU'RE stupid" game, then it's just as possible that conservative bs artists are preying on the gullable republicans who are afraid the global warming agenda will ruin their lives.

I'm just saying I don't care they haven't proved anything. The majority of scientist who support it need government grants or are funded by people who believe it. People go back and forth and the point is nobody knows. Let me remind you there was also a time when scientist drilled holes in mental patients heads to let the demons out. You got to realize nothing in nature stays the same. Things change I would imagine the climate does as well. If the continents were once together then split that alone cause a huge climate change.

There are plenty of conservative bs artists, conning gullable Republicans but I'd be willing to bet they aint spending money to listen to some moron like Al Gore speak about Global Warming.

usmc-sooner
2/28/2007, 08:57 PM
Also it's a problem that you can't solve. If and that's a huge if (well maybe not) humans have always impacted climate whether it's cutting or planting trees, farming, or not farming, daming up rivers, irrigation etc, etc...

If they do find out that we our causing what are we going to do listen to dumbass politicians like Al Gore give speeches? Because if you use one iota of common sense you know the American people are not going to give up their cars and houses, they damn near crap their pants if oil and gas goes up. We can't regulate other countries especially those that are the heavy producers. Do you think we should jump in China or Japan or India or Russia's ***? We can't even gather support for a war against one of worlds most ruthless dictators we are currently in. It's almost as ignorant as saying fire pollutes the air so cavemen should just let their meat sit in the sun to warm it up. It won't happen. What will happen is we pay a bunch of taxes get more government regulation to fund a study of a phony phenom.

VeeJay
2/28/2007, 09:37 PM
Gore, now that he's not running for president, seems positioned as the Darling of the Moonbats (no offense, Lefties).

Rush Limbaugh (when he was listenable) referred to the insatiable desire for Everything Gorbachev as a "Gorbasm."

Should Al Gore change his mind and toss his Size 8 1/2 hat in the ring, we will have a new "Gore-basm." And Sen. Edwards' energy-sucking NC mansion will take a backseat to Al and Tipper's energy-sucking TN mansion.

Jerk
2/28/2007, 09:54 PM
okay, im just goint to say it...

Global Warming is an excuse for more government, less individual rights, more socialism, less capitalism, more UN, less local autonomy, higher taxes, more regulation.

What better way to say "You need to do x and x or we are going to die!"?

And as I've said it before, nothing proved this out like the Kyoto treaty, which punished the USA harshly yet gave certain countries, like China, a free pass. Hey, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If it's really that bad, we all need to live by the same rules.

You're not going to see those Hollywood elites use commuter transportation or fly commercial. They're better than the little peons. It's the regular folk who they want to govern and tax into poverty. **** em, ' I drive my semi extra fast because of them. Every once in awhile, I cut down a tree, shoot a spotted owl, drive my SUV through a wetland, buy a gun, etc, just to say 'stick it up your arse' to the limousine libs. (okay, I don't do all of those things, but I do a few)

VeeJay
2/28/2007, 10:08 PM
That's Lear Jet Libs

This morning, filling up my Tundra, when it topped out at $45, I pumped an extra gallon out on to the ground at the BP station just for a little satisfaction of knowing I'm contributing to global warming. I mean, why run it through the carbon exhaust, when you can put it directly into the groundwater supply? Hell, I pay taxes just like the next sumbitch.

Then, I high-tailed it out of there, smoking my tires and leaving a trail of flying debris out of my truck bed. ;)

usmc-sooner
2/28/2007, 10:09 PM
plus Al Gore is a fat *** and they're are plenty of starving kids in China. He conserves less food than energy. Bring forth the gullible morons who have an interest in what he says, bring forth in multitude the ones which pay to listen to him.

TopDawg
2/28/2007, 10:52 PM
I'm just saying I don't care they haven't proved anything. The majority of scientist who support it need government grants or are funded by people who believe it. People go back and forth and the point is nobody knows.

I agree. Nobody knows. So since nobody knows, can we be a little more tactful and reasonable than "He's a bs artist who preys on the gullable democrats and those that are bsed easily."?

Also it's a problem that you can't solve. If and that's a huge if (well maybe not) humans have always impacted climate whether it's cutting or planting trees, farming, or not farming, daming up rivers, irrigation etc, etc...

If they do find out that we our causing what are we going to do listen to dumbass politicians like Al Gore give speeches? Because if you use one iota of common sense you know the American people are not going to give up their cars and houses, they damn near crap their pants if oil and gas goes up. We can't regulate other countries especially those that are the heavy producers. Do you think we should jump in China or Japan or India or Russia's ***? We can't even gather support for a war against one of worlds most ruthless dictators we are currently in. It's almost as ignorant as saying fire pollutes the air so cavemen should just let their meat sit in the sun to warm it up. It won't happen.

So if it's a problem you can't solve (which may or may not be true) should you stop trying? Should we stop cancer research? If I find out that I have skin cancer should I just say "the hell with it" and go bake myself out in the sun or should I try to avoid UV rays and live a longer and happier life? If I do the latter I'm not going to cure my skin cancer, but I'm gonna make a difference.

But, again, if you don't believe in global warming, so be it. I can understand why you wouldn't. What I don't understand is (a) the claims Al Gore is a hypocrit on this issue, and (b) why so much venom toward a guy (and a group of people, misguided or not) who are trying to fix a problem they see with the way Earth is headed and whose solution (as I understand it) has very little (if any) negative impact on you or others. You can keep polluting the earth at your current pace and laugh at them all the while, and their great-grandkids can tell your great-grandkids "My great-grandpa told your great-grandpa so!" ;)

TopDawg
2/28/2007, 10:58 PM
okay, im just goint to say it...

Global Warming is an excuse for more government, less individual rights, more socialism, less capitalism, more UN, less local autonomy, higher taxes, more regulation.

The Patriot Act is an excuse for more government, less individual rights, more totalitarianism, higher taxes, more regulation.

VeeJay
2/28/2007, 11:06 PM
The Patriot Act is an excuse for more government, less individual rights, more totalitarianism, higher taxes, more regulation.

Just curious. How has the Patriot Act impacted your life?

What individual rights have been infringed upon?

TopDawg
2/28/2007, 11:11 PM
Just curious. How has the Patriot Act impacted your life?

What individual rights have been infringed upon?

That was kinda my point.

usmc-sooner
2/28/2007, 11:17 PM
I agree. Nobody knows. So since nobody knows, can we be a little more tactful and reasonable than "He's a bs artist who preys on the gullable democrats and those that are bsed easily."?

So if it's a problem you can't solve (which may or may not be true) should you stop trying? Should we stop cancer research? If I find out that I have skin cancer should I just say "the hell with it" and go bake myself out in the sun or should I try to avoid UV rays and live a longer and happier life? If I do the latter I'm not going to cure my skin cancer, but I'm gonna make a difference.

But, again, if you don't believe in global warming, so be it. I can understand why you wouldn't. What I don't understand is (a) the claims Al Gore is a hypocrit on this issue, and (b) why so much venom toward a guy (and a group of people, misguided or not) who are trying to fix a problem they see with the way Earth is headed and whose solution (as I understand it) has very little (if any) negative impact on you or others. You can keep polluting the earth at your current pace and laugh at them all the while, and their great-grandkids can tell your great-grandkids "My great-grandpa told your great-grandpa so!" ;)

my venom towards Al Gore has to do with me being in the military. It has do with the fact that he wanted my vote blocked in 2000, while he had no problem with felons or illegal aliens voting him in.

BTW just a common sense heads up, Al Gore aint no more concerned about the Earth than anyone else. If he cared that much why not bring it up when he had a little power as the VP? He had enough balls to condemn the Clinton's.

Do Republicans contribute more to global warming than Democrats? It's a moron argument, go listen to his speech if you want, but forgive me if I can't help feeling--sucker--for paying

hey Hollywood backs you

to me that would be a freakin huge red flag

Rhino
3/1/2007, 12:48 AM
If he cared that much why not bring it up when he had a little power as the VP? I can't say whether or not he brought it up as VP, but he was involved in global warming issues as a Congressman, dating back to 1980.

Do Republicans contribute more to global warming than Democrats? It's a moron argument, go listen to his speech if you want, but forgive me if I can't help feeling--sucker--for paying Again, his speech tomorrow at OU -- still free.

soonerboomer93
3/1/2007, 12:56 AM
free to the public maybe

Free to the University?

probably not...

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 02:33 AM
when troubled with the debate of global warming, i just remind myself of what the great james inhofe said. that it's just a ploy to get bigger ratings on the weather channel.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 02:40 AM
i still don't understand why some people get so angry over global warming. does it exist? the consensus says yes. but even if it doesn't, what's the harm in trying to do something good for the environment? why the panties in a bunch at the very mentioning of global warming? does the idea enrage you, or do you just not like al gore? b/c if you just hate al gore, that's a stupid reason to reject the science and research of it outright.

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 02:58 AM
Is this any different than the great Global Cooling scare a few decades ago? There was science behind that scare too, wasn't there?

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 03:03 AM
Is this any different than the great Global Cooling scare a few decades ago? There was science behind that scare too, wasn't there?
still, being eco-friendly isn't such a bad thing is it? i'm just curious about all the hostility.

and i might be wrong, seeing as i haven't seen the movie in a while, but i think gore addresses the differences between then and what's occurring now. i might need some refreshing on that though.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 03:06 AM
hey Hollywood backs you

to me that would be a freakin huge red flag
do you ever see movies? do you ever watch t.v.? yes? then you are supporting hollywood. i don't even think some people know why they "hate" hollywood. they've just heard it so many times, that they just repeat it like a mantra.

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 03:06 AM
there's nothing wrong with being eco-friendly. Until you realize that we're here to provide mother nature with CFCs.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 03:17 AM
there's nothing wrong with being eco-friendly. Until you realize that we're here to provide mother nature with CFCs.
that doesn't really answer my question. i'm curious at to why people get so furious (rhyme intended) about the subject.

1stTimeCaller
3/1/2007, 03:44 AM
that doesn't really answer my question. i'm curious at to why people get so furious (rhyme intended) about the subject.
I'm not one of them. Maybe they wonder the same thing about folks that get furious when someone questions global warming?

Jerk
3/1/2007, 06:43 AM
i don't even think some people know why they "hate" hollywood. they've just heard it so many times, that they just repeat it like a mantra.

omg:rolleyes:

I think we know why.

snp
3/1/2007, 07:46 AM

Because we're getting fed up hearing about something which we don't believe in and even if true, aren't the main problem.

Harry Beanbag
3/1/2007, 08:18 AM

Because the alarmists' goal isn't to "Save the Earth", it is money and power just like it always is.

usmc-sooner
3/1/2007, 09:42 AM
Al Gore invented Global Warming right after he invented the internet.

TopDawg
3/1/2007, 09:43 AM
Because the alarmists' goal isn't to "Save the Earth", it is money and power just like it always is.

OK, well IF that's true (and there's no way to know), then he's still no different than many politicians, conservative or liberal or otherwise.

Which brings me back to my original point.

usmc-sooner
3/1/2007, 09:54 AM
a vote for Al Gore is a vote against rock and roll, and in the immortal words of Dee Snyder and my generation

We're not going to take it :D

usmc-sooner
3/1/2007, 09:56 AM
OK, well IF that's true (and there's no way to know), then he's still no different than many politicians, conservative or liberal or otherwise.

Al Gore is more of a loser than most politicians.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 10:57 AM

Do you think that maybe the state of climate science has advanced in the last 40 years?

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 11:01 AM

Isn't it about money for all the global warming deniers, too? Do you actually trust automotive manufacturers and oil companies and the politicians they have in their back pockets?

OklahomaTuba
3/1/2007, 11:08 AM
I can't say whether or not he brought it up as VP, but he was involved in global warming issues as a Congressman, dating back to 1980.

Well, glad to know he felt so passionatly about global warming during his 8 years in office.

Hell, no wonder the Senate voted down Kyoto 93-0. Even Gore was against is then.

Hamhock
3/1/2007, 11:15 AM
Well, glad to know he felt so passionatly about global warming during his 8 years in office.

Hell, no wonder the Senate voted down Kyoto 93-0. Even Gore was against is then.

but he voted against it before he voted for it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/1/2007, 11:17 AM
still, being eco-friendly isn't such a bad thing is it? i'm just curious about all the hostility.

and i might be wrong, seeing as i haven't seen the movie in a while, but i think gore addresses the differences between then and what's occurring now. i might need some refreshing on that though.Dude, it's about ginning up support for bigger government nanny-state action. It's about laying the groundwork for laying down instead of fighting when there's more govt. coercion. Surely you can see that.

picasso
3/1/2007, 11:30 AM
Isn't it about money for all the global warming deniers, too? Do you actually trust automotive manufacturers and oil companies and the politicians they have in their back pockets?
Occidental Petroleum.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 11:34 AM
Occidental Petroleum.

What, are they in on the "scam"?

picasso
3/1/2007, 11:38 AM
What, are they in on the "scam"?
Gore's father sat on the board of said company.

I agree with your point that it's all about money on both sides.

Read up on Al and Occidental sometime.

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=468

Gore Family Ties
Occidental's coal interests were represented for many years by attorney and former U.S. Senator Albert Gore, Sr., among others. Gore, who had a long-time close friendship with Hammer, became the head of its subsidiary Island Creek Coal Company upon his election loss in the Senate. Much of Oxy's coal and phosphate production was from Tennessee, the state Gore represented in the Senate, and Gore owned shares of stock in the company. The shares were controlled by his son, former Vice President Albert Gore, Jr., for which he received much criticism from environmentalists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occidental_Petroleum

just sayin.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 11:40 AM

What do climatologists--you know, the only people who actually know what the hell they're talking about in this debate--have to gain from global warming?

picasso
3/1/2007, 11:48 AM
What do _______--you know, the only people who actually know what the hell they're talking about in this debate--have to gain from _________?
you could insert anything there.

I'm not saying I don't believe it.

Rhino
3/1/2007, 11:59 AM

Hell, no wonder the Senate voted down Kyoto 93-0. Even Gore was against is then. Other than Kyoto, I couldn't point to specifics about Gore's global warming-centric political moves. So, instead of blabbering hearsay and innuendo like so many people around here do, I copped that I wasn't aware of anything in particular outside of Kyoto.

Gore was a big backer of Kyoto, but most of his proposals didn't make it through Congress. And there was some big concerns from all involved about developing nations and some industrialized nations (China) sitting on the sidelines with no set timetables to join, like the U.S. had (has). The cost/benefit was also too out of whack to move forward. That's why it was voted down - not because Gore wasn't passionate about it.

achiro
3/1/2007, 12:02 PM
What do climatologists--you know, the only people who actually know what the hell they're talking about in this debate--have to gain from global warming?
As I understand it- although most climatologists agree that there is warming, there is considerable debate as to the cause(human causes, natural cycle, etc) enough that many have even taken the stance of, "we don't know the cause but there is warming"
So to answer your question, they are not gaining anything, just stating the there is warming.;)

TopDawg
3/1/2007, 12:12 PM
Gore's father sat on the board of said company.

Read up on Al and Occidental sometime.

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=468

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occidental_Petroleum

just sayin.

I used to get laughed at for bringing up similar situations involving Republicans.

This is not an attempt to undermine what you're saying, just (again, getting back to my original point in this thread) to remind everybody that one side doesn't have the market cornered on this type of stuff.

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 12:17 PM
I used to get laughed at for bringing up similar situations involving Republicans.

This is not an attempt to undermine what you're saying, just (again, getting back to my original point in this thread) to remind everybody that one side doesn't have the market cornered on this type of stuff.

OK. Good. So could we just all agree that algore is a putz and end this thread?

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 12:25 PM
there is considerable debate as to the cause(human causes, natural cycle, etc)

Not so much anymore; that was the main point of the recent Paris report. As various mechanisms are being ruled out, the one culprit that keeps showing up is CO2. The only possible explanation for a global warming other than an enhanced greenhouse effect is more incoming solar radiation, but that hasn't changed in the decades that we've been able to measure it.

TopDawg
3/1/2007, 12:53 PM
OK. Good. So could we just all agree that algore is a putz and end this thread?

Geez, you missed it again. Let's just all agree that politicians are putzi and end it.

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 12:55 PM
Geez, you missed it again. Let's just all agree that politicians are putzi and end it.

Works for me - as long as we've established that some politicians are putzier than others - and as politicians go - it'd be pretty tough to be a bigger putz than Tipper's hubby.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 12:57 PM
it'd be pretty tough to be a bigger putz than Tipper's hubby

John Kerry is a way bigger putz than Al Gore.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 01:50 PM
Dude, it's about ginning up support for bigger government nanny-state action. It's about laying the groundwork for laying down instead of fighting when there's more govt. coercion. Surely you can see that.
so you're against more goverment, unless that government is regulating what happens in your bedroom. got it.

mdklatt
3/1/2007, 01:52 PM
so you're against more goverment, unless that government is regulating what happens in your bedroom. got it.

And listening in on our phone calls. :pop:

so you're against more goverment, unless that government is regulating what happens in your bedroom. got it.Where on earth did you come up with that?

def_lazer_fc
Because we're getting fed up hearing about something which we don't believe in and even if true, aren't the main problem.
it was one movie. not even widely released. it's not like you're being bombarded with it every day. that is unless somebody starts a thread on here about it. and then you are powerless to refrain from clicking on it.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 01:53 PM
Where on earth did you come up with that?
you always moan about big gov't, but then, being a repub, i assume you are in favor of gov't regulating our private lives.

OklahomaTuba
3/1/2007, 01:54 PM
And listening in on our phone calls to terrorists. :pop:

As always, MDK isn't letting facts get in the way of a good post.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

3/1/2007, 01:55 PM
you always moan about big gov't, but then, being a repub, i assume you are in favor of gov't regulating our private lives.You're serious?
Besides, I have turned my life over to the care of a loving State, and am now in the party of Protective Care(the Dim).

OklahomaTuba
3/1/2007, 01:55 PM
you always moan about big gov't, but then, being a repub, i assume you are in favor of gov't regulating our private lives.

Which regulation is that?

OklahomaTuba
3/1/2007, 01:57 PM
You're serious?

Maybe he is talking about being locked up in camps for being Japanese. Or the whole pro-slavery thing.

Oh wait, that was the dims, nm.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 01:57 PM
OK. Good. So could we just all agree that everyone everywhere is an idiot and sucks in some way and end this thread?
fixed

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 02:00 PM
Maybe he is talking about being locked up in camps for being Japanese. Or the whole pro-slavery thing.

Oh wait, that was the dims, nm.
im thinking way more recent. and nothing remotely close to race related.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 02:02 PM

Fixed it for ya. ;)
as always, tuba isn't letting republican talking points get in the wa.....oh right, you are a republican talking point.

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 02:10 PM
def boy,

Nobody gives a **** what you do in your bedroom. Just keep it there. When you're having parades, and telling me to accept the fact that you like to gargle with sperm, and that I'm a neanderthal for not embracing your boyfriend as your spouse, it is now out of your bedroom and all up in my face. Surely even you are smart enough to see this makes it no longer private, no?

3/1/2007, 02:15 PM
def boy,

Nobody gives a **** what you do in your bedroom. Just keep it there. When you're having parades, and telling me to accept the fact that you like to gargle with sperm, and that I'm a neanderthal for not embracing your boyfriend as your spouse, it is now out of your bedroom and all up in my face. Surely even you are smart enough to see this makes it no longer private, no?How Deanesque. You have such a delicate way with words.

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 02:25 PM
def boy,

Nobody gives a **** what you do in your bedroom. Just keep it there. When you're having parades, and telling me to accept the fact that you like to gargle with sperm, and that I'm a neanderthal for not embracing your boyfriend as your spouse, it is now out of your bedroom and all up in my face. Surely even you are smart enough to see this makes it no longer private, no?
well, i'm not even gay, but....why is a man wanting to marry his boyfriend, or lesbians, since gay men obviously gross you out, "all up in your face"? or parades for that matter. when is the last time you've had to suffer from watching a gay pride parade?

C&CDean
3/1/2007, 02:27 PM
well, i'm not even gay, but....why is a man wanting to marry his boyfriend, or lesbians, since gay men obviously gross you out, "all up in your face"? or parades for that matter. when is the last time you've had to suffer from watching a gay pride parade?

I've never suffered from watching fags, and that's not the point here at all. The point is you're running off at your face about conservatives wanting to legislate who you **** in your own bedroom. All I'm doing is commenting that as long as you actually keep it in your bedroom it's not a problem. Either cop a clue, or STFU.

OklahomaTuba
3/1/2007, 02:38 PM

Cause its not marriage.

TopDawg
3/1/2007, 02:43 PM

Uhm, didn't we decide this:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

was not factual?

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 03:54 PM
I've never suffered from watching fags, and that's not the point here at all. The point is you're running off at your face about conservatives wanting to legislate who you **** in your own bedroom. All I'm doing is commenting that as long as you actually keep it in your bedroom it's not a problem. Either cop a clue, or STFU.
it shouldn't be a problem to be open about it either. no one is saying they are going to be screwing in the streets just b/c of gay marriage, or at least a civil union (so you won't get all uppity about calling it "marriage") but then again, that won't happen as long as bigots still roam the earth.

isn't it funny that the moment you bring up homosexuality, some people get really really angry. :pop:

def_lazer_fc
3/1/2007, 03:56 PM
Cause its not marriage.
if you are really concerned with the sanctity of marriage why don't you start a crusade against all those drive-thru chapels in vegas? nothing says "not sacred" like 24/7 pull up service.

Harry Beanbag
3/1/2007, 09:59 PM

If you're looking for somebody to argue that pub politicians are better than lib politicians, it's not going to be me.

Harry Beanbag
3/1/2007, 10:04 PM

If you want to look at it that way, sure you're probably right, and no, I don't trust any politicians. But I'd rather leave things as is than have to pay a global tax of some sort, which you know is the ultimate goal behind all of this hysteria whether this is real or not.

I'm 100% behind finding alternative energy sources, but not because of global warming.

Harry Beanbag
3/1/2007, 10:06 PM
isn't it funny that the moment you bring up homosexuality, some people get really really angry. :pop:

Yep, people like you. :pop:

TopDawg
3/1/2007, 10:48 PM
If you're looking for somebody to argue that pub politicians are better than lib politicians, it's not going to be me.

I was just a little confused because you usually seem to play it closer to the vest than you did with Gore. I don't recall seeing you react like that to other politicians.

TopDawg
3/1/2007, 10:51 PM
But I'd rather leave things as is than have to pay a global tax of some sort, which you know is the ultimate goal behind all of this hysteria whether this is real or not.

Again, I'm not sure that this is really just about a global tax...but if this IS real, then even if the global tax is a big part of it, I'd think you'd want to do what's best for your grandkids and their grandkids. If it IS real, a global tax is the least of our worries.

3/2/2007, 01:32 AM
Again, I'm not sure that this is really just about a global tax...but if this IS real, then even if the global tax is a big part of it, I'd think you'd want to do what's best for your grandkids and their grandkids. If it IS real, a global tax is the least of our worries.Just who is it you want to pay a global tax to, and why, for godsakes?

def_lazer_fc
3/2/2007, 03:38 AM
Yep, people like you. :pop:
post one quote of mine where i'm angry over gay marriage. please.

1stTimeCaller
3/2/2007, 03:41 AM
it shouldn't be a problem to be open about it either. no one is saying they are going to be screwing in the streets just b/c of gay marriage, or at least a civil union (so you won't get all uppity about calling it "marriage") but then again, that won't happen as long as bigots still roam the earth.

here you go.:texan:

def_lazer_fc
3/2/2007, 03:48 AM
to be fair, i never said that until this was uttered. call me crazy, but i don't take kindly to random people telling me to shut the **** up.

Jimminy Crimson
3/2/2007, 03:54 AM
Funny how a thread on Al Gore turns into a gay thread. That's ghey!

1stTimeCaller
3/2/2007, 03:56 AM
I was just giving you a hard time. I fully expected you to say that you weren't angry and I was going to say that you were. It was going to be funny. Thanks for ruining my joke. ;)

That's just Dean. He's our special person around here. You might have seen him on campus selling newspapers inthe bars.

def_lazer_fc
3/2/2007, 03:59 AM
I was just giving you a hard time. I fully expected you to say that you weren't angry and I was going to say that you were. It was going to be funny. Thanks for ruining my joke. ;)

That's just Dean. He's our special person around here. You might have seen him on campus selling newspapers inthe bars.
i haven't been on campus in a year or so, but is he that guy outside dale hall calling all the women sluts? ;)

1stTimeCaller
3/2/2007, 04:02 AM
I think they are cousins. :D

Harry Beanbag
3/2/2007, 06:27 AM
I was just a little confused because you usually seem to play it closer to the vest than you did with Gore. I don't recall seeing you react like that to other politicians.

He's a special case to me.

Harry Beanbag
3/2/2007, 06:38 AM
Again, I'm not sure that this is really just about a global tax...but if this IS real, then even if the global tax is a big part of it, I'd think you'd want to do what's best for your grandkids and their grandkids. If it IS real, a global tax is the least of our worries.

I'm really not sure more taxes have helped anybody except for special interest groups and politicians. What would they do with the money?

And I don't have a problem with conservation at all. I do as much as I can to conserve and recycle, but IMO this hysteria is solely politically motivated. If we're not careful, the U.S. is going to get bent over.

Harry Beanbag
3/2/2007, 06:44 AM
post one quote of mine where i'm angry over gay marriage. please.

You mean getting upset because people don't agree with your opinion on gay marriage? Opinions go both ways.

101sooner
3/2/2007, 08:52 AM
GLOBAL COOLING (http://denisdutton.com/newsweek_coolingworld.pdf)

SleestakSooner
3/2/2007, 09:02 AM
Gore is the biggest joke on the political landscape in awhile...total joke at the Oscar's...

How quickly they forget...

http://www.spiny.com/pope/popey.jpeg

and if you need further proof that ole Danny was a clueless whorn monger...

http://www.texemarrs.com/images/dan_quayle.jpg

SleestakSooner
3/2/2007, 09:12 AM

OK here we have it. Do you really care that much that Clinton (or any married fella) lied about getting his dick sucked?

Do you not think it might be more important to prove whether or not the president lied about evidence used to justify a war?

The thing that makes me laugh the most is the fact that so-called conservatives are all up in arms about a washed up democratic politician asking everyone to CONSERVE!

The lines have become blurred and the only "reason" most people argue one side or the other is because they have bought into the propaganda they have been spoon fed from day one.

TopDawg
3/2/2007, 09:37 AM
Just who is it you want to pay a global tax to, and why, for godsakes?

Oh, I'm sorry, you must've misunderstood me. I never said I wanted to pay a global tax, but it doesn't surprise me that you made that jump for me.

I don't WANT to pay a global tax to anybody. But if it will help make the world a better place, then I'll consider it. Even if the tax itself won't help (as Harry pointed out) but it's part of legislation that will help, then so be it.

mdklatt
3/2/2007, 09:54 AM
GLOBAL COOLING (http://denisdutton.com/newsweek_coolingworld.pdf)

1975. Good one. :rolleyes: