PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if I had food poisoning or not

usmc-sooner
2/26/2007, 06:45 PM
but yesterday I was so sick. I threw up, was hot was cold, when I went to sleep I was freezing (couldn't get warm enough) when I woke up I was sweating so bad and was burning up, so I get up and drink some water and start vomiting again. I'm not a get sick type of person. It has probably been at least 6 or 7 years since I've been like that. Now, today I don't feel a 100% but I don't feel like I'm going to die.

mdklatt
2/26/2007, 06:48 PM
Did you eat any peanut butter recently?

usmc-sooner
2/26/2007, 06:55 PM
no
I can't for the life of me,think what was wrong, but Saturday was not good and Sunday was like I thought I might go to the emergency room.

OzarkSooner
2/26/2007, 10:12 PM
Sounds more like a 24 hour virus/flu bug than food poisoning. You will usually know food poisining because the other end will be trying to get as much stuff out of your body as well. It ain't good.

OU-HSV
2/26/2007, 10:13 PM
this should be a poll

SoonerGirl06
2/26/2007, 10:23 PM
no
I can't for the life of me,think what was wrong, but Saturday was not good and Sunday was like I thought I might go to the emergency room.

Sounds like you may of had a stomach virus. If you're still having a hard time keeping anything down and aren't able to drink water to prevent dehydration you need to call your doctor.

OUDoc
2/26/2007, 10:27 PM
but yesterday I was so sick. I threw up, was hot was cold, when I went to sleep I was freezing (couldn't get warm enough) when I woke up I was sweating so bad and was burning up, so I get up and drink some water and start vomiting again. I'm not a get sick type of person. It has probably been at least 6 or 7 years since I've been like that. Now, today I don't feel a 100% but I don't feel like I'm going to die.
I had the same crap on Wednesday night/Thursday AM. It sucked. I've never thrown-up that hard in my life. I thought I tore a muscle in my abdomen before I was done. Went away after about 10 hours, then felt 100% a day or two later. If everything's getting better, just make sure to replace the fluids you lost (likely, you lost a lot). If not, see your doc. Hope you're better.

OU-HSV
2/26/2007, 10:28 PM
On a serious note USMC. I'm not sure where you live, but in the Tulsa/B.A. area there's been a weird stomach deal going around. Basically a 2 day flu. A lot of my co-workers have been out w/it. Seems to last a couple days and they ralph their guts up and don't feel like eating for the couple days. (Knock on wood) I've been lucky and haven't caught it. If that's what you have, it will be gone before long.

Williesan
2/26/2007, 10:31 PM
Oh great - that sounds exactly like what my wife has. She went to the Dr. today and he diagnoses her with the full-blown flu. :confused: Granted - our niece who we watch on a daily basis is also at home with the full-blown flu, but this doesn't seem like it.

Oh well.

<knocking on wood that I don't get it!>

Williesan

OKC-SLC
2/26/2007, 11:55 PM
Sounds like a stomach bug. I had my personal worst evar in May '06. Seriously, I yacked every 20 minutes for 36 hours. You know how when you throw up, you usually feel better for about 45 minutes before the next round? I seriously wouldn't even get back to the couch before it came again.

I even mallory-weissed a bit, OUDoc.

OUDoc
2/27/2007, 09:15 AM
I even mallory-weissed a bit, OUDoc.
Now that's manly puking. ;)