PDA

View Full Version : Will Miami be ready to play?

Fraggle145
2/26/2007, 01:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2779767

Their new coach thinks so... I hate miami.

cvsooner
2/26/2007, 03:01 PM
I don't like Miami either but it sure sounds like they've picked the right guy for that program. He sounds like Bob Stoops eight or nine years ago.

The Miami game is going to be tough, make no mistake about it.

snp
2/26/2007, 03:41 PM
RS sounds like a great coach so far.

The Miami game is going to be tough, make no mistake about it.

Besides no proven QB, WR, TE, and shambles in their offensive line, make no mistake, they're for real.

H8HOGS
2/26/2007, 04:13 PM

Besides no proven QB, WR, TE, and shambles in their offensive line, make no mistake, they're for real.

QB yes. TE Olsen didn't exactly set the world on fire with his numerous dropped passes last year. WR will be in excellent shape. Jenkins got his medical redshirt, Shields will be much improved, Kayne the JC transfer tore USC up in scrimmages which is why they were hard after him.

Defense will be loaded as usual. The QB play will be the key to Miami's season. Watch the Marshall game week 1 and then it will be more apparent. I will be at the Spring game and am interested to see what changes are made with the O.

O-line is unknown due mostly to injuries and youth. No seniors on the line this year.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/26/2007, 04:32 PM
I'll bet Miami thinks they own us. I would sure hate to lose to those guys after everybody beat them in '06!

H8HOGS
2/26/2007, 04:42 PM
I'll bet Miami thinks they own us. I would sure hate to lose to those guys after everybody beat them in '06!

You ask and you will receive.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QHeIMblScVE

H8HOGS
2/26/2007, 04:48 PM
I assure you Miami's problems last year had more to do with the HC than the talent level of the players.

It will be a whole new game this year. Did Stoops recruit great players his first 2 years or was there talent there that was not being coached that led to the 2000 title? Same thing in Miami.

snp
2/26/2007, 05:56 PM
QB yes. TE Olsen didn't exactly set the world on fire with his numerous dropped passes last year.

He was their main target last year and had 4 times as many catches as the other two TE. Although I think Farr will be great in time, probably not ready yet.

WR will be in excellent shape. Jenkins got his medical redshirt, Shields will be much improved, Kayne the JC transfer tore USC up in scrimmages which is why they were hard after him.

Excellent shape is a HUGE exaggeration. Miami was considering using their punter as a WR last year due to death and injury problems. Kayne wasn't offered by USC last year so I doubt they were really after him that hard.

Jenkins hasn't really done much at Miami so far but was having a good year until his injury.

Defense will be loaded as usual. The QB play will be the key to Miami's season. Watch the Marshall game week 1 and then it will be more apparent. I will be at the Spring game and am interested to see what changes are made with the O.

Agreed and their RBs should be fine as long as James doesn't get hurt. But that QB play will be led by the ex-oc from Georgia Tech. The same guy that couldn't get the ball to CJ waaaay more. Don't know how excited I would be to have him leading my struggling offense.

O-line is unknown due mostly to injuries and youth. No seniors on the line this year.

No, it's known and it's bad. Sure it'll be improved, but they're switching up positions and bringing in a new ol coach. Although, he looks pretty promising.

It will be a whole new game this year. Did Stoops recruit great players his first 2 years or was there talent there that was not being coached that led to the 2000 title? Same thing in Miami.

I'm not as well versed in the 2000 season as I'd like to be, but Stoops brought in the starting RB and QB, who were both integral to his success that year. RS has way more talent than Stoops did when he took over.

H8HOGS
2/26/2007, 06:08 PM
Instead of quoting all that I will put this way. Miami had top 15 recruiting classes every year that Larry Loser was there. He was a players friend and not a coach. He got the 2001 NC because the talent on that team was sick and most anyone on this board could have won that year.

He couldn't motivate, he couldn't make players better and he couldn't motivate. Shannon will make it very clear and already has that lack of effort will not be tolerated and being accountable will be where he draws the land..

The O-line coach is a good one and I think most people will be surprised in the improvement.

The OU-Miami game is a key on for teams seasons I will say that.

StoopTroup
2/26/2007, 06:08 PM
There is no way in H E double hockey sticks I'll miss the Miami game this year.

H8HOGS
2/26/2007, 06:19 PM
There is no way in H E double hockey sticks I'll miss the Miami game this year.

Me either... Can't wait. So I guess you have figured it out but I am a Canes fan. Nice board here by the way.

I guess I am ok considering the way your OSU, Aggie and SMALL horned friends post.

StoopTroup
2/26/2007, 06:24 PM
You seem to be doing OK....

So far that is....:D

snp
2/26/2007, 06:33 PM
Always enjoy fans with national knowledge.

H8HOGS
2/26/2007, 06:37 PM
You seem to be doing OK....

So far that is....:D

Nice to know

[QUOTE]Always enjoy fans with national knowledge.[QUOTE]

Appreciate it. While I am a Canes fan first I like to watch as many college games as I can keep up to date. I get Gameplan to get the late west coast games.

I am just glad we are getting back to playing teams from all over the country.

Actually I used to like the way Boz was a complete #$%# he would have fit in great in Coral Gables.

Fraggle145
2/26/2007, 06:39 PM
I assure you Miami's problems last year had more to do with the HC than the talent level of the players.

I hope so, Stoops was 7-5 in his 1st year :eek:

you guys can be good next year, or at least after our game with you ;). Either way looking forward to it.

SoonerJLB
2/26/2007, 06:41 PM
Me either... I guess I am ok considering the way your OSU, Aggie and SMALL horned friends post.

^:)

I agree that the OU-Miami game will be key for both teams.

snp
2/26/2007, 06:42 PM
I'm way more excited for this home game than any other since I started school.

H8HOGS
2/26/2007, 06:43 PM
^:)

I agree that the OU-Miami game will be key for both teams.

It is so refreshing after living in Hog Hell for so long to hear people talk that understand people can talk about a game without it being personnel.

Of course I think part of that has to do with the Pigs never winning anything except all those Track titles...

Fraggle145
2/26/2007, 06:52 PM
I'm way more excited for this home game than any other since I started school.

this is close... But OU/Neb in 2000 was way bigger for me. That said this is going to be a great one. Talk about our new QB getting his feet wet right away.

H8HOGS
2/26/2007, 06:57 PM
Talk about our new QB getting his feet wet right away.

Yeah the first time we come all out his feet are going to be very wet.

Jello Biafra
2/26/2007, 08:07 PM

whatever. the same thing can be said about coker......

coker went what....2 years before the first loss? all of the sudden he can't coach a lick? they will be in our house wearing orange. do we need to say anymore? anything orange next year will be sucking hind tit when their respective games w/ the sooners are over....

P.S. LosuR would have beaten them last year and a sad sad 6-6 FSU beat them. they had better be a hell of a lot better next year than last......

SteelClip49
2/26/2007, 08:16 PM
I have a feeling a lot of Sooner football/ Cane football alumni from the 70s, 80s and 2000s will be there. Imagine if Howard Smellyburger is among them. Oh how I wish. OU fans will deliver the largest BOOOOOOO in the history of BOOOOOOOOOOOOS. OU sells out and that will be something Miami doesn't know about.

Fraggle145
2/26/2007, 08:20 PM
...OU sells out and that will be something Miami doesn't know about.

heh. and they cant blame it on their ****ty stadium. we still sell out the Cotton Bowl.

Stoop Dawg
2/26/2007, 09:15 PM
You ask and you will receive.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QHeIMblScVE

You b@st@rd! I had almost forgotten how much I hate you guys!!

http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/series/details.cfm?OppID=95

But alas, your Johnson is gone, and soon too your winning record against us.
;)

StoopTroup
2/26/2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah the first time we come all out his feet are going to be very wet.
With cane blood.

Fixed.

MojoRisen
2/26/2007, 09:45 PM
Let's POUND THEM - LIKE THE CONVICTS THEY ARE!!!!!! NO MERCY

Fraggle145
2/26/2007, 10:09 PM
Let's POUND THEM - LIKE THE CONVICTS THEY ARE!!!!!! NO MERCY

Mercy is for the weak, we do not train to be merciful here!

Sweep the leg. You got a problem with that Mr. Lawrence?!

No Sensei!

SteelClip49
2/27/2007, 12:49 AM
Oklahoma 24
Tropical Wave 17

Miami fans better not chant *************** during the game either

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/27/2007, 01:28 AM
Me either... Can't wait. So I guess you have figured it out but I am a Canes fan, and a flaming, rug-chewing liberal, too. Don't I make a welcome addition? Nice board here by the way.

I guess I am ok considering the way your OSU, Aggie and SMALL horned friends post. Sheesh

Big Red Ron
2/27/2007, 02:33 AM
This guy could teach "Dr. Tom" a thing or two already.

Shannon has a list of strict rules. Among them: no hats or cell phones in the football facility and no hats at dinner. He also sets aside time to speak with his players about how to treat women.

Doged
2/27/2007, 04:42 AM
Yeah the first time we come all out he'll be laughing his a$$ off at us while AP, having blasted past the rush, is speeding toward the goal line.

Fixed that right up for ya', 'Canester. :D

SoonerTerry
2/27/2007, 06:42 AM
. So I guess you have figured it out but I am a Canes fan.

Decided to come out already... I figured you would wait till closer to the game.

SoonerTerry
2/27/2007, 06:43 AM
I guess I am ok .

You just keep tellin yourself that..

Desert Sapper
2/27/2007, 09:32 AM

I like Randy Shannon. I especially like this -- 'Don't stereotype the program and don't stereotype me and put me along with Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith and Karl Dorrell. Just call me a coach of a football program and we'd all be better off.' That's probably the most important thing he's said. It isn't about 'black coaches'. It's about good, qualified coaches. And he is the best, most qualified coach for his current position.

No proven QB? What happened to Kyle Wright? Isn't he still the QB?

I'm tracking that only WR Ryan Moore and C Anthony Wollschlager were seniors, and only TE Greg Olsen left early. Kyle Wright will be a senior QB, Javarris James (little brother of Edgerrin) is the next great Miami RB, and they get 4 of their 5 OL starters back (sound familiar?).

Their D will be awesome with 7 returning starters. DT Kareem Brown, DE Baraka Atkins, and SS Brandon Meriweather were seniors and LB Jon Beason declared early. They have playmakers and talent across the board, including DE Calais Campbell, LB Tavares Gooden, and Randy Phillips, Lovon Ponder, and Glenn Sharpe in the secondary.

Miami will be good, damn good. They will come into Norman on a mission to prove that they are back. I sure hope we are ready, because they have a ton of talent that was mostly young in a very competitive conference last year. This year they are much more experienced (with the memories of last season lingering), and they have a fiery competitor as a coach again. Larry Coker, God bless him, was not a fiery anything and never has been. The team he inherited early didn't need any special motivation. They were loaded with 2 and 3 year starters. Randy Shannon is the right man, in the right place, at the right time, and Miami is going to be good enough to beat everybody on their schedule. I just hope we have the QB situation figured out WELL BEFORE SEPTEMBER 8, or it will be a long day.

Edit: I updated some of my info. I was pretty close. Basically, the Canes had 2 true freshmen and 3 sophomore starters on O and 3 sophomores and a RS-Freshman starting on D.

Fraggle145
2/27/2007, 09:52 AM
I sure hope we are ready, because they have a ton of talent that was mostly young in a very competitive conference last year.

I agree with the talent part,

but their conference was not competitive last year... When Wake Forest wins the conference and plays Georgia Tech in the Conference title game, that isnt competitive... its called a down year.

So the fact remains they were really bad during a bad conference year for them last year. That doesnt mean that I dont think that this game is going to be really tough.

Desert Sapper
2/27/2007, 10:28 AM
When Wake Forest wins the conference and plays Georgia Tech in the Conference title game, that isnt competitive... its called a down year.

Wake Forest and Georgia Tech both had really good senior-dominated Defenses and Georgia Tech had the best WR in the country. That's called parity. If it was really a down year, one of the big-time schools would have coasted to a championship...sort of like we did last year. It was a down year for Miami and FSU in the ACC, but that was partially because it was a dogfight for the top spot in the Atlantic Division. The Coastal was the Big XII North last year. Miami lost four games by a TD or less, while starting more than their share of underclassmen. With the exception of Virginia (the death kiss), every team they lost to was ranked when they played them.

ACC Standings
ATLANTIC CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L
Wake Forest (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=154) 6-2 11-3
Boston College (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=103) 5-3 10-3
Maryland (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=120) 5-3 9-4
Clemson (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=228) 5-3 8-5
Florida State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=52) 3-5 7-6
North Carolina State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=152) 2-6 3-9

COASTAL CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L
Georgia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=59) 7-1 9-5
Virginia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=259) 6-2 10-3
Virginia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=258) 4-4 5-7
Miami (FL) (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2390) 3-5 7-6
North Carolina (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=153) 2-6 3-9
Duke (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=150) 0-8 0-12

Aside from the four that didn't make it to a bowl, where's the down year? Just because a traditional power doesn't win the championship doesn't make it a 'down year'.

H8HOGS
2/27/2007, 10:43 AM
I'm tracking that only WR Ryan Moore and C Anthony Wollschlager were seniors, and only TE Greg Olsen left early. Kyle Wright will be a senior QB, Javarris James (little brother of Edgerrin) is the next great Miami RB, and they get 4 of their 5 OL starters back (sound familiar?).

JJ is Edge's cousin not brother. Kyle Wright will be back but may not start. I actually expect whichever QB Freeman a JR or Wright as Senior that doesn't get the starting job to transfer to a lower level school to get playing time.

That would leave Marve as the back up. And once again I would like to thank Bama for trading us QB recruits. Fanuzzi will never see the field and if he does that is a bad thing.

The thing with Shannon is he grew up in the projects in Miami and he can walk in and a kid can relate to his plight. He also did things on the recruiting weekends like serve the parents and take them on tours of the campus himself. This doesn't mean he will be successful but if this recruiting class with basically a month to work with and the results are any indication things are looking good.

One of Cokers biggest problems was managing the scholarships and meeting needs. How do you get down to 2 Scholly QB's and don't sign one for 3 straight years. Same thing at WR. This class breakdown was perfect for what we needed. Next year we have few seniors also and will only be able to sign about 20 players.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/arejaystyle/Untitled-2.jpg

MojoRisen
2/27/2007, 11:03 AM
Mercy is for the weak, we do not train to be merciful here!

Sweep the leg. You got a problem with that Mr. Lawrence?!

No Sensei!

Crane Technique - is for worthless birds who only pick on small fish- grab the crane by the neck swing it around and snap it like a chicken!

snp
2/27/2007, 12:09 PM
No proven QB? What happened to Kyle Wright? Isn't he still the QB?...I sure hope we are ready, because they have a ton of talent that was mostly young in a very competitive conference last year.

Haha, okay. Let me know when you start watching college football again and we can argue then.

Desert Sapper
2/27/2007, 12:13 PM
JJ is Edge's cousin not brother.

Oops. I think I've made that cousin/brother mistake with him before... Bottom line is that he is good and will be great by the time he leaves. I hate Miami, but I know they will come ready to play. Every time we play Miami it is a close game. I don't expect this to be any different.

H8HOGS
2/27/2007, 12:50 PM

;)

Don't worry we are used to being the most hated team everyone plays each year.

The students a VT simply wear T-shirts that say F*** MIAMI!!. I am talking hundreds of them last time we were there in 2005. Just made that 27-7 pounding we handed them while they were ranked #3 all that more enjoyable. Stadium was empty except for the party in the corner of the end zone by the end of the 3rd Qtr.

In all seriousness this game along with the trip to Blackturd is the highlight of my road trips next year.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 01:16 PM
The OU-Miami game is a key on for teams seasons I will say that.

I disagree. Miami will have their hands full this season like they did last year. Will they be better last year? I think so, since I think Shannon is the right man to lead that team.

However, second game, of first year HC and coordinators and some position coaches + game being played in Norman with the talent OU has coming back = 85+% chance that Miami will lose.

The problem with Miami this year will be their OL. Until that unit can gel together, they will struggle offensively. Miami's defense should be stout yet again this year.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 01:16 PM
edited: Double post

sooners00
2/27/2007, 03:49 PM
I disagree. Miami will have their hands full this season like they did last year. Will they be better last year? I think so, since I think Shannon is the right man to lead that team.

However, second game, of first year HC and coordinators and some position coaches + game being played in Norman with the talent OU has coming back = 85+% chance that Miami will lose.

The problem with Miami this year will be their OL. Until that unit can gel together, they will struggle offensively. Miami's defense should be stout yet again this year.

Miami is still more talented than OU and that game will come down to who ever gets the best play from their Quarterback.

Kyle Wright has the talent but has never put it together for a full season.

We dont even have a starting Quarterback..... The game is all about the Quarterback.

Hollieway 85
2/27/2007, 04:02 PM
I hope that this game can have the hype of those OU & UM games of the late 80's. Those were classic games. Back then Miami was the only team that could beat OU. Jamelle was born out of that first meeting down in Norman. Those were some great games & great players played in those games.

sooneron
2/27/2007, 04:41 PM
I'm not close to sold on the scUm Oline. They were a sieve last year.

snp
2/27/2007, 05:39 PM
Miami is still more talented than OU and that game will come down to who ever gets the best play from their Quarterback.

Kyle Wright has the talent but has never put it together for a full season.

We dont even have a starting Quarterback..... The game is all about the Quarterback.

You are 100% ridiculous. There's a few schools in the nation that are arguably (USC, Texas, LSU, UF) more talented than ou, and Miami isn't on that list.

Fraggle145
2/27/2007, 06:03 PM
Crane Technique - is for worthless birds who only pick on small fish- grab the crane by the neck swing it around and snap it like a chicken!

Choke it like a chicken? :eek:

Stoop Dawg
2/27/2007, 08:33 PM
In all seriousness this game along with the trip to Blackturd is the highlight of my road trips next year.

In all seriousness, I hope you get treated well in Norman.

But don't count on it. :(

If there's one thing all Sooner fans can agree on, it's that Miami is the devil.

Jello Biafra
2/27/2007, 08:59 PM

make sure you wear your gear at the tailgates.....you will be treated to beer and burgers/dawgs.....

maybe with a pube or three on em but eh.... beggars can't be choosers.

SoonerNation07
2/27/2007, 09:30 PM
I think the Miami game will be more important than the Texas game next year. If we win, it'll give us the momentum that we need to beat Texas and it'll prove that whichever QB we choose is definitely up to the task of D-I football. If we lose, I think it spells bad news for the next few games. Simply because our guys could feel that pressure to win and not play very well after.

H8HOGS
2/28/2007, 03:25 PM
make sure you wear your gear at the tailgates.....you will be treated to beer and burgers/dawgs.....

maybe with a pube or three on em but eh.... beggars can't be choosers.

Don't worry we will have the gear and the flags flying. Hell we hung a turkey at VT.

As far as the pube I prefer to get those straight from the chicks.. well you get my point.

Hopefully you guys won't be as rude as the Hog fans that burned the tail off of the Auburn chicks bus last time in Fayetteville.

Fraggle145
2/28/2007, 10:32 PM
Don't worry we will have the gear and the flags flying. Hell we hung a turkey at VT.

As far as the pube I prefer to get those straight from the chicks.. well you get my point.

Hopefully you guys won't be as rude as the Hog fans that burned the tail off of the Auburn chicks bus last time in Fayetteville.

I'll be right here (X marks the spot), come by for your pube burger.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4123/untitledse0.png

Seamus
3/1/2007, 12:05 AM

What, shaving technology hasn't made its way down to Miami yet? :confused:

Jello Biafra
3/1/2007, 12:17 AM
I'll be right here (X marks the spot), come by for your pube burger.

roflmao.......money.

H8HOGS
3/1/2007, 09:39 AM
I'll be right here (X marks the biatch), come by for my wifes pube burger.

No thanks pretty skanky.

MojoRisen
3/1/2007, 09:42 AM
Take your pube berger and like it or don't show up-

H8HOGS
3/1/2007, 09:49 AM
Take your pube berger and like it or don't show up-
I will be at the game don't worry.

We bring our own tailgate equipment with us. Thanks anyways.

Fraggle145
3/1/2007, 01:22 PM
No thanks pretty skanky.

Just making a friendly gesture... (dont have a wife, BTW), For you I guess I could come up with some asshair queso, and maybe a protein shake. Since you are such a nice guy! :cool:

H8HOGS
3/1/2007, 01:31 PM
Just making a friendly gesture... Since you are such a nice guy!

Appreciate it. Fine offer.

Seamus
3/1/2007, 02:34 PM
You look like you could use a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

http://www.fast-rewind.com/weirdscience4.jpg

MojoRisen
3/1/2007, 02:36 PM
How about a nicely basted Bratwurst with a secret tangy sauce!

Seamus
3/1/2007, 02:45 PM
Would you like nutsmeg in your salt malt? :cool:

H8HOGS
3/1/2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.americasfanstore.com/miami2sideflag.jpg

Look for this on September 8th and you will find me.

Jello Biafra
3/1/2007, 04:52 PM
http://www.americasfanstore.com/miami2sideflag.jpg

Look for this on September 8th and you will find me.

rofl...it'll last till around 2 hours before kickoff.....

H8HOGS
3/1/2007, 05:03 PM
rofl...it'll last till around 2 hours before kickoff.....

I bet it will still be up well after the final gun.

Jello Biafra
3/1/2007, 05:05 PM
I bet it will still be up well after the final gun.

i wouldn't bet on it if i were you.....

Socrefbek
3/1/2007, 05:08 PM

;)

Their first win was when Aikman broke his leg and Jamelle went in as a freshman. The other two were in the Canes house.

I would not get tooo pumped up there cane fan. I think OU will do just fine in next years game ...:cool:

H8HOGS
3/1/2007, 05:15 PM
Their first win was when Aikman broke his leg and Jamelle went in as a freshman. The other two were in the Canes house.

I would not get tooo pumped up there cane fan. I think OU will do just fine in next years game ...:cool:

And you may very well win. But then you have to come to South Florida in 2009.

And we will be loaded by then if you will refer to our depth chart I posted previously.

StuIsTheMan
3/1/2007, 05:34 PM
They use paint on the field now right? Because this could be a decent game (lmao) if the Hurcs can keep from bagging up and selling the sidelines...Heck they would probably just do push ups for their warm ups...down (SNIFFFFFF) up...Gag...Down (SNIFFFFF) up...Gag...Damn nose bleeds anybody got a tissue

Jello Biafra
3/1/2007, 05:35 PM

And we will be loaded by then if you will refer to our depth chart I posted previously.

if there's anything i love more than a good recruiting smack thread its a depth chart smack thread :) da best evah!

Stoop Dawg
3/1/2007, 05:36 PM

If our stadium is still standing at that time, that is.

Fixed. ;)

H8HOGS
3/1/2007, 05:40 PM
if there's anything i love more than a good recruiting smack thread its a depth chart smack thread :) da best evah!

Not smack just we had 18 scholarships to give this year and only 16 seniors next year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/arejaystyle/Untitled-2.jpg

As far as the stadium they are deciding right now if the OB is going to be renovated or if we are moving to Dolphin Stadium. I hope they renovate the OB as it is a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon..

How many here attended any of the games Oklahoma played in the OB? It would be a shame to lose that place. Similar to the feelings here about the Cotton Bowl.

Seamus
3/1/2007, 05:40 PM
Will someone carrying the Mjolnir of http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif please drop the hammer on this ****-talking cane.

****ing-A, it's tough enough to put up with whorns, but Crime-ami too?!? :mad:

H8HOGS
3/1/2007, 05:43 PM
Will someone carrying the Mjolnir of http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif please drop the hammer on this ****-talking cane.

****ing-A, it's tough enough to put up with whorns, but Crime-ami too?!? :mad:

Oh calm down. I would have thought Sooner fans would be a little more secure than other fans.

Seamus
3/1/2007, 07:39 PM
Security isn't the issue. Tiresome smack is.

H8HOGS
3/1/2007, 09:13 PM
Security isn't the issue. Tiresome smack is.

No smack here just responding to the Homers. I think you got a decent board here and I am looking forward to the game in Norman.... I got nothing but respect for other top programs in the country.

I will be there and won't hide my allegiance to the U. I actually look forward to stopping by a few OU tailgates. Minus the Pubes of course...

Fraggle145
3/1/2007, 11:30 PM
No smack here just responding to the Homers. I think you got a decent board here and I am looking forward to the game in Norman.... I got nothing but respect for other top programs in the country.

I will be there and won't hide my allegiance to the U. I actually look forward to stopping by a few OU tailgates. Minus the Pubes of course...

Sorry man, all my burgers for cane fans test positive for pubes! ;) seriously though I hope you do come by my tailgate or just that general area (there are lots of tailgates there) you'd enjoy it, typically they are like me (way into grad school) or older so not the typical young dumbasses. We are still drunk, just not as dumb. Although I hate miami I wont mind rubbing shoulders with you, so long as you arent wearing an orange jersey, green or white for you only. orange is just too much to ask. You should hit up the Soonerfans tailgate too.

We know who you are... :eek: :cool:

Jello Biafra
3/1/2007, 11:34 PM
No smack here just responding to the Homers.

and what, praytell, did you think you would find on this board? a bunch of miamah sypathizers? we are the best fans in the world ask the texwhores

I think you got a decent board here and I am looking forward to the azz whipping you guys will put on us in Norman.... I got nothing but respect for other top programs in the country.

finally, you have learned your role.

I will be there and won't hide my allegiance to the U.

for some reason, i highly doubt you will be showing allegiance come game day

I actually look forward to stopping by a few OU tailgates.
I don't know if i want you at mine....one of the posters here told me you were only stopping by tailgaters for a quick game of hide the pickle. this ain't miamuh or arkansas cochese.

Minus the Pubes of course...

woof...

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/2/2007, 11:48 AM
How many here attended any of the games Oklahoma played in the OB? It would be a shame to lose that place. Similar to the feelings here about the Cotton Bowl.

that stadium is a COMPLETE DUMP! it's worse than the cotton bowl and that's hard to do. they need to throw that thing in the trash and start over again. seeing that miami fills their stadium about like aggy lite to the north, i doubt that would ever happen. unless, t. boone pickens suddenly becomes a 'cane booster. :les:

Seamus
3/2/2007, 01:30 PM

Fair enough.

H8HOGS
3/2/2007, 02:46 PM
that stadium is a COMPLETE DUMP! it's worse than the cotton bowl and that's hard to do. they need to throw that thing in the trash and start over again. seeing that miami fills their stadium about like aggy lite to the north, i doubt that would ever happen. unless, t. boone pickens suddenly becomes a 'cane booster. :les:

Lets see OU has 30k students and is a state University that gets a large majority of their students from the region. Many of these alumni after graduation live in close enough proximity that they attend games. Also as the largest university in the state it receives a large amount of support from people that never attended OU and are just fans. Same goes for Ohio St, Florida, Texas and most of the very large public universities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Oklahoma

Miami on the other hand is a private school that has 14k students and many of those are in graduate programs. Also 50% come from out of state and leave the state upon graduation leaving a small number of Alumni in the state of Florida. This also means they don't receive state money.
http://silverchips.mbhs.edu/siteFeatures/college/profile.php?cid=5815

So there is a significant difference in budgets and all other aspects of the schools.
Also their student to teacher ration is incredible...The student-faculty ratio therefore is one of the lowest in the country with 13 students to each teacher

tommieharris91
3/2/2007, 04:26 PM
I don't think anyone was saying Miami was a bad school beyond the thugs that play on the football team. I know they have that hurricane center there, but beyond that, of the top of my head, I can't think of any academic programs that stand out. Not saying there aren't any others there, I just don't know of any.

goingoneight
3/5/2007, 02:08 AM
Lets see OU has 30k students and is a state University that gets a large majority of their students from the region. Many of these alumni after graduation live in close enough proximity that they attend games. Also as the largest university in the state it receives a large amount of support from people that never attended OU and are just fans. Same goes for Ohio St, Florida, Texas and most of the very large public universities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Oklahoma

Miami on the other hand is a private school that has 14k students and many of those are in graduate programs. Also 50% come from out of state and leave the state upon graduation leaving a small number of Alumni in the state of Florida. This also means they don't receive state money.
http://silverchips.mbhs.edu/siteFeatures/college/profile.php?cid=5815

So there is a significant difference in budgets and all other aspects of the schools.
Also their student to teacher ration is incredible...The student-faculty ratio therefore is one of the lowest in the country with 13 students to each teacher

34 consecutive wins and 2 MNC attempts; with that, even Okie Light could fill up that stadium with just badwagoneers. USC is the same way... you put them on TV, send them to two MNC games back-to-back, give them credit for other schools' National Championship seasons (like ESPN claming they had 12 MNC's with three of them falling on Wilkinson and Switzer MNC years :mad:), hype them as the "greatest team to ever play the game..." and they don't fill the house? Not ripping you, 'Cane man... just sayin'.