PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Scorcese

jdsooner
2/26/2007, 01:36 AM
The Departed is a helluva movie with a great cast. The Oscars for Best Picture and Best Director were well deserved.

Martin Scorcese is a great director. (unlike James Cameron)

And by the way, get rid of Ellen as the host for 2008. She was awful.

tbl
2/26/2007, 01:59 AM
I totally agree about the Departed. It's definitely one of my favorite Scorcese flicks, along with Gangs. Leo is money...

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2007, 02:09 AM
Amazing flick, and well-deserved. I've watched it three times now and every time I'm just blown away by it.

"Firefighters gettin' ***** for the first time in the history of fire. Or *****."

Greatness.

yermom
2/26/2007, 02:21 AM
i need to see it again

soonerbrat
2/26/2007, 01:36 PM
i didn't think ellen was that bad, but i do miss Billy Crystal

Viking Kitten
2/26/2007, 02:36 PM
Scorcese kept the movie going not letting it lapse plus he had a great story.
Damon made a good bad guy. The only weak point is Baldwin.
Oscar got it right this year.

I thought Alec Baldwin was actually very funny in it. Great movie all around, nice to see Scorcese finally get recognized.

King Crimson
2/26/2007, 02:43 PM
Amazing flick, and well-deserved. I've watched it three times now and every time I'm just blown away by it.

"Firefighters gettin' ***** for the first time in the history of fire. Or *****."

Greatness.

"So, Carmen....you get your period yet?"

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2007, 02:47 PM

Greatness.

Those firefighters are a bunch of Homos.

Hatfield
2/26/2007, 04:19 PM
baldwin was greatness.

sooneron
2/26/2007, 04:21 PM
Yay! New avvie!!

virginiasooner
2/26/2007, 05:12 PM
And now that you've seen "The Departed", put "The Lives of Others", the German film that won best foreign film, on your Netflix queue when it comes out on dvd. Why you ask? Because towards the film, when the writer goes over to Stasi headquarters to read his file, he walks through the parking lot, and there's a car there with a Texas Longhorn window sticker. Made me and my husband crack up.

StoopTroup
2/26/2007, 06:00 PM
Went to Blockbuster and got the movie today.

Will be watching it tonight.

I haven't heard anyone say one bad thing about it.

I hope I haven't raised my expections to high....

jdsooner
2/26/2007, 06:54 PM
Frank Costello: How's Sister Mary Teresa doing? Had a tasty relationship before she took her vows.
[Costello hands the priests a nude drawing of the nun]

usmc-sooner
2/26/2007, 06:57 PM
that movie was awesome.

I liked Marky Mark's character.

jdsooner
2/26/2007, 07:02 PM
Frank Costello: How's your mother?
Man in Bar: She's on her way out.
Frank Costello: We all are, act accordingly.

Rogue
2/26/2007, 07:14 PM
Great flick for sure!

soonerinabilene
2/26/2007, 10:07 PM
i havent seen blood diamond, but if leo was better in that than he was in the departed, then i dont see how he didnt win the oscar last nite. dude should have got the nod for this role for sure. best movie i have ever seen, and one of the top acting performances i have ever seen by leo. jack and matt damon should have got a nomination along with mark.