PDA

View Full Version : I Just Watched A Documentary Film About A Guy Who Skiied Down Mt. Everest

VeeJay
2/25/2007, 09:42 PM
There's some weird stuff on cable TV. This thing was filmed in 1975. Dude and his buddies climbed Mt. Everest almost to the top and then dude tries skiing back down. At some point he hit a layer of solid ice and tried to slow down, doing about a hunnert miles an hour. He completely lost control, one of the ski's flew off his foot and he hit a huge rock. He somehow got stopped, 250 feet before he reached a crevace that would have sucked him in never to be seen again. He went 6600 feet in something like a minute and a half.

I don't know how they filmed this thing, but they done it.

I've pulled some way stupid sh*t in my day, but watching this makes me want to go back and take back all the apologies for all of it.

:pop:

jacru
2/25/2007, 09:48 PM
Darwin Award?

OKC-SLC
2/25/2007, 10:16 PM
what channel was it on?

VeeJay
2/25/2007, 10:21 PM
DHDTV - whatever that is.

It's a high def channel on Comcast down here in the cesspool that is South Florida.

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2007, 10:33 PM
A guy I know used to get all drunked up and hook a tow line to the back of a plane, then ski behind it.

People do stupid things.

AlbqSooner
2/26/2007, 07:52 AM
Was that the pilot to the "Jackass" series?

C&CDean
2/26/2007, 03:22 PM
I rode a skateboard hanging on to the door handle of a truck once - up to almost 40-mph. ****ing acorns...

Broken collar bone, compound fracture of thumb/wrist, broken ankle, mucho road rash. The worse part was that the right collar bone and left wrist were jacked up. Try not being able to wipe your own *** for 6-weeks.