PDA

View Full Version : How in the world does UT shoot 20 more free throws than we do?

SoonerShark
2/24/2007, 06:47 PM
At today's game, 02/24/2007, UT won by 10 and shot 20 more free throw shots than we did, 32-12, hitting over 70%. Of course, the ringer that UT bought in, I mean brought in, for one year, Durant was 9-14 including 5 of 6 from the 3 point range. I hate to agree with Bobby Knight, but a team suiting up kids like a Carmello Anthony or a Durant who never need to attend class because they are one year and out is a bit sleazy. If Durant comes back next year, I apologize to him and UT, otherwise they are both a bit sleazy. Nevertheless, when you hit more field goals than the UT team and lose because they shoot 20 more free shots on ghost fouls that is ridiculous. I sit beside the visitor's bench on the 5th row and several of the fouls called on OU just DID NOT HAPPEN.

crawfish
2/24/2007, 06:50 PM
*TWEEEET*

FOUL! BREATHING ON KEVIN DURANT!!! TWO SHOTS AND POSSESSION!!!

:mad:

GrapevineSooner
2/24/2007, 06:58 PM
Kevin Durant kind of got the Dwyane Wade treatment from the refs today.

And that annoys me.

Especially, since we were the home team today.

Octavian
2/24/2007, 06:58 PM
I don't wanna say anything about that. I don't wanna get reprimanded. But one of my favorite rappers is Jay Z. He says men lie, women lie, but numbers don't. -Jeff Capel, on the refs and Texas shooting 20 more free throws than OU.

tommieharris91
2/24/2007, 07:02 PM
How many 2nd half fouls were there? I know it's lopsided toward texass.

Octavian
2/24/2007, 07:03 PM
it was 8-2 when the first object was thrown onto the floor

GrapevineSooner
2/24/2007, 07:04 PM
LOVE that quote from Capel.

General Applewhite
2/24/2007, 07:48 PM

And that annoys me.

Especially, since we were the home team today.

Has it ever occured to you that D-Wade gets so many calls because he attacks the basket more than anyone else?

And as for:

"Of course, the ringer that UT bought in, I mean brought in, for one year, Durant was 9-14 including 5 of 6 from the 3 point range. I hate to agree with Bobby Knight, but a team suiting up kids like a Carmello Anthony or a Durant who never need to attend class because they are one year and out is a bit sleazy. If Durant comes back next year, I apologize to him and UT, otherwise they are both a bit sleazy."

If you are doing something within the framework of the rules, by definition, it isn't sleazy..........now having six guys on a dealership payroll who get paid for doing no work..............

:pop:

LittleWingSooner
2/24/2007, 07:54 PM
Texas was the more aggressive teams. More aggressive teams usually get more fouls called. Really I have no problem with how we played in the second half defensively. The problem was we allowed them to do way too much in the first half. They could have easily scored 60 by halftime.

Rogue
2/24/2007, 08:02 PM
If you are doing something within the framework of the rules, by definition, it isn't sleazy..........now having six guys on a dealership payroll who get paid for doing no work..............

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ardmore_Sooner
2/24/2007, 09:08 PM

Kinda like having a football player getting arrested driving around with weapons? ;) I find laws a little more important than rules.

OUSKINS
2/24/2007, 09:35 PM
Durant deserved pretty much all the calls he got. He's a beast.

I thought the refs blew the whistle on some ticky-tack calls away from the paint, and they made the obvious mistake on the 10 second call. But overall, the more athletic/more agressive team got to the line more often. Period.

Eielson
2/24/2007, 10:04 PM
Durant deserved pretty much all the calls he got. He's a beast.

Well, he got about a 100 calls so I guess there were only about 10 for sure bad calls. I guess 90% is "deserving pretty much all the calls he got."

Ash
2/24/2007, 11:36 PM
Yes, aggresive teams get the calls.

But, the officiating in this game was ****ing horrendous.

Texas was not that much more aggressive than OU to warrant twice as many calls.

Many of the calls were on the perimeter or outside the paint or on plays not involving players driving to the basket.

Wifey and me watched it on TV. There were many "calls" where replay showed no contact by the offending OU player.

suxiT did not deserve twice as many calls tonight.

Capel does not lose his cool like he did today without just cause.

Now, maybe OU wins anyway with a better offensive performance. Many times OU would get a defensive stop or chance to cut the lead and fail to convert. This is clearly the reason for the loss.

But don't kid yourself about the officiating.

TJKDone
2/24/2007, 11:38 PM
At today's game, 02/24/2007, UT won by 10 and shot 20 more free throw shots than we did, 32-12, hitting over 70%.

Part of it had to do with Capel's antics on the missed half court violation in the second half. If that was intentional to get the refs attention it was BADLY mis-timed. I am sure that he'll be a good game coach with a few more seasons under his belt, but he hurt OU with that stunt IMO.

Hook'em

william_brasky
2/24/2007, 11:49 PM
But overall, the more athletic/more agressive team got to the line more often. Period.

That's the ticket.

We don't/can't attack the basket. When we were on the winning streak and Carter was ballin', Carter was being aggressive taking it to the hoop and getting to the foul line. We haven't seen that lately.

GrapevineSooner
2/25/2007, 12:18 AM
Has it ever occured to you that D-Wade gets so many calls because he attacks the basket more than anyone else?

And as for:

"Of course, the ringer that UT bought in, I mean brought in, for one year, Durant was 9-14 including 5 of 6 from the 3 point range. I hate to agree with Bobby Knight, but a team suiting up kids like a Carmello Anthony or a Durant who never need to attend class because they are one year and out is a bit sleazy. If Durant comes back next year, I apologize to him and UT, otherwise they are both a bit sleazy."

Have you checked out my sig?

Attacking the bucket and falling down should not get you calls.

Now like I said in another thread, this isn't really Wade's fault. It's the fault of the refs for buying his embellishments.

Durant certainly wasn't falling down ala Wade. But he got some star-treatment calls today.

Ash
2/25/2007, 12:22 AM
That's the ticket.

We don't/can't attack the basket. When we were on the winning streak and Carter was ballin', Carter was being aggressive taking it to the hoop and getting to the foul line. We haven't seen that lately.

Carter went to the post plenty of times but wasn't as effective as usual.

OU's inability to convert offensively cost them the game. But, that doesn't take away from the craptastic officiating. It was brutal.

GrapevineSooner
2/25/2007, 12:27 AM
Part of it had to do with Capel's antics on the missed half court violation in the second half. If that was intentional to get the refs attention it was BADLY mis-timed. I am sure that he'll be a good game coach with a few more seasons under his belt, but he hurt OU with that stunt IMO.

Hook'em

I don't think that was intentional. I think it was a raw, pure, emotional response to finally having enough of some pretty crappy officiating in the second half. The way I see it, some of those foul calls were judgement calls.

There's no excuse for missing a 10 second call like that. If there's 35 seconds on the shot clock and 4:01 left in the game, and by the team the Texas player crosses the midcourt stripe, the shot clock is down to 24 and the game clock is at 3:50....

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out 11 seconds is more than 10.

It's about as inexcusable as giving the ball to one team on an onside kick when the other team comes out with the ball.

Ash
2/25/2007, 12:28 AM
I don't think that was intentional. I think it was a raw, pure, emotional response to finally having enough of some pretty crappy officiating in the second half. The way I see it, some of those foul calls were judgement calls.

There's no excuse for missing a 10 second call like that. If there's 35 seconds on the shot clock and 4:01 left in the game, and by the team the Texas player crosses the midcourt stripe, the shot clock is down to 24 and the game clock is at 3:50....

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out 11 seconds is more than 10.

It's about as inexcusable as giving the ball to one team on an onside kick when the other team comes out with the ball.

:mad: :(

but true...:( :(

LittleWingSooner
2/25/2007, 12:40 AM

The worst was giving a guy a TD when he's about a half yard from getting in the end zone. We still should have beat Oregon despite the bull**** calls. The refs really gave Tech the other game.

Rogue
2/25/2007, 08:11 AM
next year, I apologize to him and UT, otherwise they are both a bit sleazy."

How is this guy still green?:mad: :mad: :mad:

David Earl
2/25/2007, 09:08 AM

General, at other schools when a kid takes money he gets put back on the team. Sometimes they even win a Heisman Trophy. At OU they get the gate for breaking those rules. Sorta like you. You're getting the gate for weak smack. Of all the teams you could smack for cheating you pick one that actually kicked the offenders off the squad. That just says something about how desperate you are to make it look like the Horns don't cheat.

Enjoy your month off.

OKC-SLC
2/25/2007, 09:35 AM
thanks, DE.

mOUse
2/25/2007, 09:46 AM
Sad thing is, this is exactly what it is like at the next level, giving the superstars calls that don't exist and follwing that with makeup calls that don't exist. Whoever the "experts" dub the man, is virtually untouchable. This guy just gets his superstar status early!
The guy shot lights out, I give that to him. But, spoiling good play by tickey tack calls only spoils the player.
I wish that the "powers that be" would be more true to the game, not only with the fouls, but with fundementals. Then maybe I would care to watch.

OU-HSV
2/25/2007, 09:48 AM
Dang, I didn't get a chance to toss him some neg spek for his smart azz remarks before you booted him. Oh well, he got the ultimate neg spek, a sf.com booting from the admin!

OU_Sooners75
2/25/2007, 01:48 PM
I don't wanna say anything about that. I don't wanna get reprimanded. But one of my favorite rappers is Jay Z. He says men lie, women lie, but numbers don't. -Jeff Capel, on the refs and Texas shooting 20 more free throws than OU.

And I say to Capel, Stop being a chicken **** and say what is on your mind. OU is getting the bad end of the deal this year because of our previous coach.

Capel, grow a pair and say what you want. They cannot fire you because you bitch about the refs. And frankly, the conference needs to do away with this "can't talk bad about the officiating" B.S.!

tommieharris91
2/25/2007, 02:10 PM
And I say to Capel, Stop being a chicken **** and say what is on your mind. OU is getting the bad end of the deal this year because of our previous coach.

Capel, grow a pair and say what you want. They cannot fire you because you bitch about the refs. And frankly, the conference needs to do away with this "can't talk bad about the officiating" B.S.!

He kinda got a T for telling the refs what he thought of them yesterday. Later on, he kinda threw an extra basketball onto the court as texass was lining up to take their free throws.

OU_Sooners75
2/25/2007, 02:18 PM
He kinda got a T for telling the refs what he thought of them yesterday. Later on, he kinda threw an extra basketball onto the court as texass was lining up to take their free throws.

Yet he is to afraid of what will be done if he says anything to the press?

BTW, I am not sold on Jeff Capel yet. In fact, I may be his biggest critic.

tommieharris91
2/25/2007, 02:22 PM
Yet he is to afraid of what will be done if he says anything to the press?

BTW, I am not sold on Jeff Capel yet. In fact, I may be his biggest critic.
Give him another year. If we don't improve next year and make the NCAA's, I'll criticize him too.

OU_Sooners75
2/25/2007, 02:26 PM
Give him another year. If we don't improve next year and make the NCAA's, I'll criticize him too.

This years team should be at least a 20 win team, not 15.

He does not have our players ready for road games.
It seems he does not know how to motivate our players at all.

OUstud
2/25/2007, 02:41 PM

:rolleyes: At least 20 wins? Have you watched this team? There's a reason we were picked 9th in the league. Not ready for road games? How's a halftime lead at top 10 A&M? Hanging tough at GIA back when OSU was worth a damn?

And no motivation? Remember the Tech game with Longar in Norman, and that hug after he was taken out, and how he talked about making L2 a tenacious player again?

He's a good coach. Now, if next year's team doesn't make the NCAA tournament, it won't be the end of the world, but the year after it would be very bad.

OU_Sooners75
2/25/2007, 03:04 PM
:rolleyes: At least 20 wins? Have you watched this team? There's a reason we were picked 9th in the league. Not ready for road games? How's a halftime lead at top 10 A&M? Hanging tough at GIA back when OSU was worth a damn?

And no motivation? Remember the Tech game with Longar in Norman, and that hug after he was taken out, and how he talked about making L2 a tenacious player again?

He's a good coach. Now, if next year's team doesn't make the NCAA tournament, it won't be the end of the world, but the year after it would be very bad.

No man, I am commenting on Capel's performance because I have not watched this season at all. :rolleyes:

Hanging tough is a moral victory.

We should have at least 2 more road wins (giving us 17 victories) and another home win (against A&M, giving us 18 wins). We should have won at least one more game in Hawaii, against Purdue (that would give us 19 wins right now).

Like I said, we should be a 20+ win team this season, but we won't be.

toast
2/25/2007, 03:13 PM
No man, I am commenting on Capel's performance because I have not watched this season at all. :rolleyes:

Hanging tough is a moral victory.

We should have at least 2 more road wins (giving us 17 victories) and another home win (against A&M, giving us 18 wins). We should have won at least one more game in Hawaii, against Purdue (that would give us 19 wins right now).

I can kinda see your argument, but I think you are being way too premature on judging Capel. Carter and Longar have progessed more than what they would have ever done under KS. Capel is young and will continue to improve. I think the future for OU basketball is very bright.

oh yeah, the reason for this thread...there are going to be bad calls every game and officials are going to make mistakes, but it was blatant yesterday and it's been a long time since I've seen a player receive such star treatment as durant did yesterday.

OU_Sooners75
2/25/2007, 03:17 PM
I can kinda see your argument, but I think you are being way too premature on judging Capel. Carter and Longar have progessed more than what they would have ever done under KS. Capel is young and will continue to improve. I think the future for OU basketball is very bright.

Maybe I will be wrong, and hopefully so, I do not want another coach turn-a-round within sucha short time frame. But I am very disappointed in how this season has gone, especially the last four games when they all were very winnable.

Now there is a very real possiblity to lose the last 6 games of the season, since we cannot win on the road. That has not happened at OU in a very long time.

I will reserve my right for Capel as of now, but I am very disappointed in our basketball season this year. I know he is playing with the cards dealt, but he is the person ultimately in charge of that program.

OU_Sooners75
2/25/2007, 03:17 PM
oh yeah, the reason for this thread...there are going to be bad calls every game and officials are going to make mistakes, but it was blatant yesterday and it's been a long time since I've seen a player receive such star treatment as durant did yesterday.

Kinda reminds me of the OSU game in Stillwater.

toast
2/25/2007, 03:26 PM
Maybe I will be wrong, and hopefully so, I do not want another coach turn-a-round within sucha short time frame. But I am very disappointed in how this season has gone, especially the last four games when they all were very winnable.

Now there is a very real possiblity to lose the last 6 games of the season, since we cannot win on the road. That has not happened at OU in a very long time.

I will reserve my right for Capel as of now, but I am very disappointed in our basketball season this year. I know he is playing with the cards dealt, but he is the person ultimately in charge of that program.

well I may be completely wrong, but I'm looking at this season like Stoops' first year. Obviously, I don't think we are going to win the national championship in year 2, but I see some ground work being laid. Two years from now when our sophomores and freshmen are seniors and juniors and if a couple of recruits fall our way, could be a great year.

OU_Sooners75
2/25/2007, 03:32 PM
well I may be completely wrong, but I'm looking at this season like Stoops' first year. Obviously, I don't think we are going to win the national championship in year 2, but I see some ground work being laid. Two years from now when our sophomores and freshmen are seniors and juniors and if a couple of recruits fall our way, could be a great year.

And we could very well be in contention...However, I live in the present and not so far distant future. Right now, we are dealing with this year, and it has been very disappointing. Especially when I look back and see 4-5 games that should have been different outcomes, and I blame that on the coach.

Ash
2/25/2007, 05:23 PM

Yes, it is very common for a first year coach starting last years role players and bench warmers, some of which have been injured or wrongly suspended, and a few new young players to have 20+ win seasons. Especially considering the easy competition OU has faced.

It's not enough that one of those role players averaged about 1 pt. per game last year and this year has been (don't know if he still is) the leading scorer on the team. Or that the team scraps and has worked their asses off in just about every game, no matter the score. Obviously, Capel isn't getting enough out of the players.

:rolleyes:

SleestakSooner
2/25/2007, 05:46 PM
D00d is just plain wrong. I have seen a few mistakes made by the coach this season, just as we saw Stoops make a few in his first season.

There is no need to be so critical of Capel just yet. Give the guy a chance at least, unlike the Big XII officials.

okienole3
2/25/2007, 05:49 PM
75 what did you expect this team to do at the beginning of the year?

OUstud
2/25/2007, 06:05 PM
75, don't just spread out neg spek when I didn't even neg you. At least ask first or something.

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2007, 01:46 PM
It's just that time of the month for him, that's all.

And David Earl, I am your biggest fan!

The_Red_Patriot
2/26/2007, 02:09 PM

20 WINS???????????

DO YOU FOLLOW OU BASKETBALL AT ALL?

#$%@!@#$@#%@#%@#%#%!#%!#%!@#%!#%!#%!#%

:eek:

william_brasky
2/26/2007, 06:16 PM

the talent on this squad is not 20+ win caliber. plain and simple.

Big Red Ron
2/27/2007, 02:14 AM
We don't have a single player who played PG in HS on this team. I think most people who know basketball realize we are a point guard away from 20 wins but Capel will be a better coach than KS. Remember KS was handed a pretty darn good team with a super star player. Capel was handed a rag tag team of back ups and role players.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 12:55 PM
75 what did you expect this team to do at the beginning of the year?

I figured we would be good enough to make it to the NCAA tourney. The only way we will now is if by some miracle we are crowned as B12 Tourney Champs.

And for those that neg me because I have a differing opinion, grow up. I do appologize that I am not a comformist like most of you are and that are kissing *** right off the bat.

And trust me, I hope I do have to eat my own words, and Capel proves me wrong.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 12:58 PM
20 WINS???????????

DO YOU FOLLOW OU BASKETBALL AT ALL?

#$%@!@#$@#%@#%@#%#%!#%!#%!@#%!#%!#%!#%

:eek:

Have you followed this thread at all?

20 wins was not out of the question for this years team.

read a previous post of mine.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 01:00 PM
To all that disagree with me,

Would Sampson have this bad of a year this year with this team had he not left for Indy?

okienole3
2/27/2007, 01:09 PM

Would Sampson have this bad of a year this year with this team had he not left for Indy?

The answer this question is yes. If Sampson were coaching this team, neither Carter nor Longar would be seeing significant minutes. This team would only go as far as Neal's jumpshot could take them.

You are about the only person that expected us to make the tourney. Everyone picked us to finish 9th in the league for a reason.

Ton Loc
2/27/2007, 01:11 PM

No............but he would not have had this team

He would have had a team with a top 5 class. Your wishes for this team are admirable, but you back up your claims with Zero facts and what seems to be no real knowledge of basketball.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 01:26 PM
The answer this question is yes. If Sampson were coaching this team, neither Carter nor Longar would be seeing significant minutes. This team would only go as far as Neal's jumpshot could take them.

You are about the only person that expected us to make the tourney. Everyone picked us to finish 9th in the league for a reason.

I expect OU to make the tourney every year, and this year was no different.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 01:36 PM
He would have had a team with a top 5 class. Your wishes for this team are admirable, but you back up your claims with Zero facts and what seems to be no real knowledge of basketball.

OU may not be a top 4 team in conference play this year. However, OU has the talent to beat Iowa State and Missouri on the road, which they didn't. They had the chance to beat A&M 2 times. They should have beaten Okie Lite in Stoolwater. They played KU really tough last night, a few more things go differently, and OU probably wins last night.

With that said, OU had the talent to be a 20+ win team this year.

So those that say we do not have the talent, obviously do not follow the game, just like you say I do not.

Do we have a true PG? No. Do we have a pure shooter? No. Do we have the talent to make a run at the final four? No.

However, we had the talent to make it to the NCAA Tourney and be a 20 win team.

There is a slight chance that we make the NCAA Tourney, however, it will have to result in OU winning the conference tourney first. As much as I would love to see that happen, it won't.

So neg me all you all want to for what I post here on this thread, but at least open your eyes to the fact that we have the talent and had the chance to be a 20 win team.

With all this said, that is the exact reason I am not sold on Capel at this time.

FYI, I do not accept moral victories.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 01:37 PM
No............but he would not have had this team

Really? He would have had a different team?

Don't you think that is the reason I made it clear to add, "with this team" when I made my post?

Ash
2/27/2007, 03:10 PM
I expect OU to make the tourney every year, and this year was no different.

Ok, I started to gather that you know jack squat about college bball, but wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. This statement, however, confirms my suspicions.

Noone gets an automatic ticket punched into the tourney. Hell, at one point people were even debating whether or not Duke would get in this year.

This team did let one or two games slip this year, Purdue and Iowa State come to mind. But if taking the 3rd ranked team in the country down to the wire (and, yes, I know Kansas is inconsistent) doesn't give you reason to give Capel AND this team some props. You're hopeless or you've been watching a different season than I have.

okienole3
2/27/2007, 03:16 PM
OU may not be a top 4 team in conference play this year. However, OU has the talent to beat Iowa State and Missouri on the road, which they didn't. They had the chance to beat A&M 2 times. They should have beaten Okie Lite in Stoolwater. They played KU really tough last night, a few more things go differently, and OU probably wins last night.

So those that say we do not have the talent, obviously do not follow the game, just like you say I do not.

Do we have a true PG? No. Do we have a pure shooter? No. Do we have the talent to make a run at the final four? No.

There is a slight chance that we make the NCAA Tourney, however, it will have to result in OU winning the conference tourney first. As much as I would love to see that happen, it won't.

So neg me all you all want to for what I post here on this thread, but at least open your eyes to the fact that we have the talent and had the chance to be a 20 win team.

With all this said, that is the exact reason I am not sold on Capel at this time.

FYI, I do not accept moral victories.

Meet the basketball version of this guy.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/soonerpsycho/Fark/nickzepp1.jpg

Welcome back Nicky!!

Ash
2/27/2007, 03:17 PM

okie lite has more talent this year and is always tough at home especially against OU, not an accurate statment.

Another inaccurate statement. Capel's starting last years role players and bench warmers with a few new young guys in the mix. Players have suffered major injuries during the year as well, which has depleted an already thin roster.

Your first and last accurate statement of this post.

Not necessarily. If Capel and the players made it to the tourney and got 20+ wins this season they'd be doing an ESPN special on it, Capel would be national coach of the year....get the point? It would have been highly irregular. As someone pointed out, you're the only person in the world that expected this team to not drop off a level considering everything that has transpired since last season.

LittleWingSooner
2/27/2007, 03:19 PM
We would probably be better with Kelvin only because he's a more experienced coach

william_brasky
2/27/2007, 03:30 PM
http://www.razaodiada.orcon.net.nz/Stupid%20thread.gif

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 09:57 PM
Ok, I started to gather that you know jack squat about college bball, but wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. This statement, however, confirms my suspicions.

Noone gets an automatic ticket punched into the tourney. Hell, at one point people were even debating whether or not Duke would get in this year.

This team did let one or two games slip this year, Purdue and Iowa State come to mind. But if taking the 3rd ranked team in the country down to the wire (and, yes, I know Kansas is inconsistent) doesn't give you reason to give Capel AND this team some props. You're hopeless or you've been watching a different season than I have.

Okay, where did I even remotely imply that OU gets an auto bid to the tourney?

I said I (me, not you or anyone else, only me) EXPECT THEM TO MAKE IT EVERY YEAR, AND THIS YEAR WAS NO DIFFERENT (I did not lower the standards that an OU basketball team should have).

I think you should retake reading comprehension.

Ash
2/27/2007, 10:05 PM
Okay, where did I even remotely imply that OU gets an auto bid to the tourney?

I said I (me, not you or anyone else, only me) EXPECT THEM TO MAKE IT EVERY YEAR, AND THIS YEAR WAS NO DIFFERENT (I did not lower the standards that an OU basketball team should have).

I think you should retake reading comprehension.

Yeah, I know what you posted...and I told you why you were wrong. Since you didn't object to any of the reasons I pointed out, I'll assume you learned something.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 10:10 PM
okie lite has more talent this year and is always tough at home especially against OU, not an accurate statment.

Another inaccurate statement. Capel's starting last years role players and bench warmers with a few new young guys in the mix. Players have suffered major injuries during the year as well, which has depleted an already thin roster.

Your first and last accurate statement of this post.

Not necessarily. If Capel and the players made it to the tourney and got 20+ wins this season they'd be doing an ESPN special on it, Capel would be national coach of the year....get the point? It would have been highly irregular. As someone pointed out, you're the only person in the world that expected this team to not drop off a level considering everything that has transpired since last season.

And it is obvious that you cannot comprehend what you read.

Could have's is what I am pointing out. Anyone with a brain would be able to understand that.

OU lost to OSU by what, 5 points? How many times did OU put them at the FT stripe? OSU shot 24 more FT's and made 13 FT's than we attempted in that game. Why did we allow them to shoot so many FT's? was it the refs, or the players fault? If it was the players fault, why is it we actually were able to shoot more than them the second game?

OU has the talent, to beat Iowa State and Missouri, but didnt. Why?

They played tough against A&M and KU, the best the Big 12 has to offer this season. Yet lost by a combined score of 18 points. 16 against A&M and 2 against KU. The game in Norman A&M doubled up on OU on free throws. Shows me we have the talent even with just scrubs like backups and roll players. I can see these losses being because of the talent difference, yet against KU we seen what OU is capable if they work their asses off and are prepared and motivated! Why, does it take a Senior Night to motivate this talentless team?

Seems to me you missed what I was saying big time, thanks for showing me your inability to read correctly.

birddog
2/27/2007, 10:15 PM
dude, the guy's been here all of 28 games.

Ash
2/27/2007, 10:18 PM
And it is obvious that you cannot comprehend what you read.

Could have's is what I am pointing out. Anyone with a brain would be able to understand that.

OU lost to OSU by what, 5 points? How many times did OU put them at the FT stripe? OSU shot 24 more FT's and made 13 FT's than we attempted in that game. Why did we allow them to shoot so many FT's? was it the refs, or the players fault? If it was the players fault, why is it we actually were able to shoot more than them the second game?

They played tough against A&M and KU, the best the Big 12 has to offer this season. Yet lost by a combined score of 18 points. 16 against A&M and 2 against KU. The game in Norman A&M doubled up on OU on free throws. Shows me we have the talent even with just scrubs like backups and roll players. I can see these losses being because of the talent difference, yet against KU we seen what OU is capable if they work their asses off and are prepared and motivated! Why, does it take a Senior Night to motivate this talentless team?

Seems to me you missed what I was saying big time, thanks for showing me your inability to read correctly.

Heh...talk about a lack of reading comprehension. I already gave you my take on the first two questions.

But, honestly...and not trying to flame...if you think that the Kansas game was the only game when this team was motivated and worked their asses off this year, you haven't been watching.

I'd agree that they've let a couple games slip. And Capel's never going to be perfect, is young and likely to still make mistakes that a more experienced coach wouldn't, but to say the team wasn't motivated except for the game against Kansas is simply wrong.

birddog
2/27/2007, 10:20 PM

uh, because you can't win every game.

we rarely win in hilton coliseum or in columbia, no matter how much talent we have.

Ash
2/27/2007, 10:21 PM
dude, the guy's been here all of 28 games.

no kidding. he hasn't even finished the first season and some fans are in meltdown mode because we didn't win 20 games and are a lock for the tourney.

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 10:49 PM
Heh...talk about a lack of reading comprehension. I already gave you my take on the first two questions.

But, honestly...and not trying to flame...if you think that the Kansas game was the only game when this team was motivated and worked their asses off this year, you haven't been watching.

I'd agree that they've let a couple games slip. And Capel's never going to be perfect, is young and likely to still make mistakes that a more experienced coach wouldn't, but to say the team wasn't motivated except for the game against Kansas is simply wrong.

I am not saying that it was their only game they were motivated. However, it was a game I gave little chance for OU to win.

Right now, I am not on the Capel Bus. So we will have to just agree to disagree.

Trust me when I say it, I hope he proves me wrong. But that is also my doubt showing through.

Big Red Ron
2/27/2007, 11:26 PM
I think that Conoco refinery has done something to the water up there in Ponca.

:D

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 11:28 PM
no kidding. he hasn't even finished the first season and some fans are in meltdown mode because we didn't win 20 games and are a lock for the tourney.

Had this been a football season where we lost 25% the games, we all would be up in the air talking **** about Stoops.

I guess most of the bball fans can settle for mediocrity then. ;)

OU_Sooners75
2/27/2007, 11:29 PM
I think that Conoco refinery has done something to the water up there in Ponca.

ConocoPhillips now.

But I live out near Kaw Lake, not on Ponca Water...I think it is the air. :P

besides that, I hate mediocrity.

Big Red Ron
2/27/2007, 11:31 PM
Had this been a football season where we lost 25% the games, we all would be up in the air talking **** about Stoops.

I guess most of the bball fans can settle for mediocrity then. ;)It was 1999 and I was damn mad that we lost our bowl game to finish barely above .500 at 7-5 but I could see the makings of a good young team and a good young coach. Just like this team and Capel.

Ash
2/28/2007, 12:05 AM

apples and oranges

Ardmore_Sooner
2/28/2007, 12:58 AM
Really? He would have had a different team?

I guess you must not read much in the news. Scottie Reynolds, Damion James, etc?

birddog
2/28/2007, 01:20 AM

i don't think anyone around here is happy with mediocrity. but we understand the circumstances. some of us are realistic. sampson had an nit year a few years ago. we weren't happy then.

sometimes you just don't have a good season.

tommieharris91
2/28/2007, 01:32 AM

9-3 can win the Big XII South. It just depends on who those three losses are to. Yea, I'd rather go undefeated every year too, but I'll take conference championships.

OU_Sooners75
2/28/2007, 07:44 AM
I guess you must not read much in the news. Scottie Reynolds, Damion James, etc?

Welcome to the world of sarcasm.

OU_Sooners75
2/28/2007, 07:46 AM
It was 1999 and I was damn mad that we lost our bowl game to finish barely above .500 at 7-5 but I could see the makings of a good young team and a good young coach. Just like this team and Capel.

Yes, however, if we just have backups and roll players, how is it going to get better by next year? Is the Freshmen actually going to be that awesome?

I can see us getting better, and I damn sure hope we do. I know we are a very young team. However, some of the people on this thread have said that we only have backups and roll players. If this is a case, we will again be mediocre next year.

okienole3
2/28/2007, 08:01 AM
We were in games this year because of defense. Teams play good defense because of coaching. We lacked talent on the offensive end. I would even submit that Capel got us in good sets and we had good shots, we just didn't make them. That is on the players, not the coach.

Ash
2/28/2007, 07:46 PM
We were in games this year because of defense. Teams play good defense because of coaching. We lacked talent on the offensive end. I would even submit that Capel got us in good sets and we had good shots, we just didn't make them. That is on the players, not the coach.

Yes

Ash
2/28/2007, 07:53 PM
Yes, however, if we just have backups and roll players, how is it going to get better by next year? Is the Freshmen actually going to be that awesome?

I can see us getting better, and I damn sure hope we do. I know we are a very young team. However, some of the people on this thread have said that we only have backups and roll players. If this is a case, we will again be mediocre next year.

You're the guy who was casting aspersions about reading comprehension? This post demonstrates you've comprehended nothing you've read in this thread - and nothing you've seen on the basketball court this season.

SleestakSooner
2/28/2007, 08:26 PM

...well is they?

stoopified
3/1/2007, 11:51 PM

And that annoys me.

Especially, since we were the home team today.Actually it was more like the JORDAN treatment.Damn I think they just called another foul on Taylor and sent Durant back to the line.

birddog
3/2/2007, 10:45 AM
...well is they?

yes, yes they is.