PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want my dog?

1stTimeCaller
2/23/2007, 11:29 PM
I was told today that my dog is no longer welcome at any of this operator's wells. Not just my dog, all dogs. This operator is our largest client so it will be difficult to avoid these wells. I'm not happy about this as she's been my companion for three years now. She wakes me up every day with a kiss.

She's great with adults but is not good with kids and is terrible with dogs. She needs to find a home without kids and other animals.

She's housebroken, will sit, shake hands and lay down. She loves to fetch a tennis ball.

I will deliver her to your house. She comes with a large crate and blanket, bowls, toys, leash and a few tennis balls. I will also buy a few big bags of dogfood and treats to get you started.

She is currently staying at the Alvarado Vet Clinic. While there she's getting her annual shots, heart worm check and preventative medicine, her nails done, and we're getting Frontline or Advantix to prevent fleas and ticks when we leave.

She's been an inside dog for the last 3 years. She's about 7 years old.

I don't know what else to do. She either finds a new home in the next few weeks or I just wasted my money on getting her shots because I'll have to have her put down.

Mjcpr
2/23/2007, 11:34 PM
Well that's sad as hell.

I hope someone takes you up on it. No way your family or friends can take her?

1stTimeCaller
2/23/2007, 11:39 PM
naw, they either have kids or dogs. I've got people checking with people. I really need to find her a good home.

I'm really stressing about it.

1stTimeCaller
2/23/2007, 11:42 PM
http://a624.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/33/l_66130728d446c9d9b9a25acefac9cdf7.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/scottdixon/SEA017.jpg

GottaHavePride
2/23/2007, 11:55 PM
Aw, crap. I wish I could help, but I'm just not home enough to take care of a dog.

OUinFLA
2/23/2007, 11:56 PM
Rather than put your companion down, please try the SPCA.
As nice a dog as you have made her sound, someone will want her.
Our local SPCA does a great job of holding animals and finding homes.
A donation will also allow them to keep doing this benefit for people who have no other choice.

proud gonzo
2/23/2007, 11:56 PM
i'm allergic, so i can't have inside dogs :( I'm not home enough to take care of a dog, probably anyway.

MamaMia
2/24/2007, 12:03 AM
This is awful. Cant you ask the well people to reconsider, or board her while you're at their particular wells? Maybe if you board her for a short period of time, she will learn to interact with other dogs in a positive way, and then a rescue home would take her.

1stTimeCaller
2/24/2007, 12:08 AM
Rather than put your companion down, please try the SPCA.
As nice a dog as you have made her sound, someone will want her.
Our local SPCA does a great job of holding animals and finding homes.
A donation will also allow them to keep doing this benefit for people who have no other choice.

thanks. I hadn't thought about SPCA. A simple Google search and I found this http://www.hsnt.org/services.php#3

She's been spayed, she originally came from the Dumb Friends League of Denver.

I cannot stress enough about her not being good with other animals. She isn't fond a young kids either.

She is great with me and other grown ups. She does bark a few times rather loudly when someone knocks on the door or rings the doorbell and will eat and then throw up socks if I leave them laying around. She will also chew on my sheets and/or bedspread although over 3 1/2 years she has chewed on the bedspread once and the sheets two or three times. I think she does that when she's mad at me.

That's the negatives of her.

This sucks. She's fun to play with and likes to curl up on the couch with me.

LilSooner
2/24/2007, 12:08 AM
Find another job. Ain't no job worth given up your dog.

K Deano flame away.

OKC-SLC
2/24/2007, 12:10 AM
Dude, this is sad. Whatever you do, do not put her down. Something will come up.

1stTimeCaller
2/24/2007, 12:13 AM
This is awful. Cant you ask the well people to reconsider, or board her while you're at their particular wells? Maybe if you board her for a short period of time, she will learn to interact with other dogs in a positive way, and then a rescue home would take her.

She's being boarded now. I had to take her today when the company man saw her in my truck.

When I boarded her in Denver about 2 years ago I told them not to let her play with the other dogs as she doesn't play nice. When I got back they told me that she played great with the other dogs and it could be that I wasn't there and she is overly protective of me.

MamaMia
2/24/2007, 12:24 AM
What breed of dog is she?

1stTimeCaller
2/24/2007, 12:26 AM
blacklab- border collie mix. To the best of my knowledge.

MamaMia
2/24/2007, 12:41 AM
blacklab- border collie mix. To the best of my knowledge.
Okay, I googled this. I'm sure one of these places would be willing to give her a happy home where you could even visit her. Pets and People is a great place. Could you pay for her food and any health care that she may need?

http://www.lovemypets.com/lmp/Rescue/?ParentCategory=133&ShowTheCategory=1

proud gonzo
2/24/2007, 01:04 AM
I just posted a note on facebook for you--spreading the word.

Ash
2/24/2007, 01:26 AM
No reason to put the dog down.

At the very least, take her to the local humane assocation. There's no gaurantee she'll be adopted, but it would give the dog a fighting chance.

You could also put the word out to local "dog rescues". Crazy *** lib animal lovers that will damn well make sure your dog finds a home.

I'd take the dog, but my landlord would sh1t pink twinkies and evict my a$$.

Mongo
2/24/2007, 01:30 AM
Were they serious?

The operator's policy is no pets or guns out here, yet we have a kennel and a gun range out here.

Has she interrupted drilling or effected your job, other than pulling a duvet out of her poop shoot?

proud gonzo
2/24/2007, 01:31 AM
one of the girls i addressed my message on facebook to is an animal rights nut--for journalism class last semester she did a whole article on animal shelters and stuff. So I'm hoping she might be able to find her a home.

SleestakSooner
2/24/2007, 01:36 AM
she is beautiful and I am sure my lab/shep/wolf mixed mutt (Sprocket) and his little yorkie/rat terrier friend (Scruffy) would play nice with her but I can't see taking in another canine to our household as being a viable option.

Good luck finding her a new home, I am sure you will work something out.

Soonerus
2/24/2007, 01:45 AM
I am allergic to dogs....yet I have two already...

Ike
2/24/2007, 02:03 AM
Man...if I thought she could be trained to play nice with my dog, I'd be very tempted.

If you could get the dog to Illinois, I know a couple of people that may be interested. But I won't ask them if coming up this way is too much trouble. If it's not, I'll certainly ask them.

sooneron
2/24/2007, 11:50 AM
Wish I could help out in some way. I hope everything works out for you and the pooch. Maybe you should try Second Chance in Norman.

proud gonzo
2/24/2007, 02:07 PM
A guy I know in Wichita said "Let me know if you guys can't find somebody in Oklahoma to take her."

1stTimeCaller
2/24/2007, 02:26 PM
A guy I know in Wichita said "Let me know if you guys can't find somebody in Oklahoma to take her."

Awesome!! would he take good care of her?

Tailwind
2/24/2007, 02:31 PM
This makes me feel awful. Poor doggie...and poor 1TC. :(

JohnnyMack
2/24/2007, 02:59 PM
Rooks dericious.

oilmud
2/24/2007, 03:56 PM
Ahhh, isn't the oilfield fun. They expect you to live out there 24/7 and get upset if you try to make it feel like home. Bastages.

proud gonzo
2/24/2007, 04:44 PM
Awesome!! would he take good care of her?i'm not sure if he means HIM or someone he knows. If it's him, yeah he would. He's a good guy--went to school with GHP. I'll see if I can find out more from him.

olevetonahill
2/26/2007, 06:45 PM
Update ?