PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for message boards

soonernija
2/23/2007, 05:24 PM
Can you imagine the offseason without college football message boards? How did you guys survive in the 80s?

Anyway, here are the top 3 reasons i am grateful for message boards. Pls feel free to post yours.

1. Making new friends on soonerfans
2. Using OUr Habermasian public sphere to chase CL to San Diego state.
3. Visiting psychos (satex fans, Fuskers, aggies) without going to the loonie bin.

StuIsTheMan
2/23/2007, 06:09 PM
In the 80's we had Barry...he was good for fun ALL YEAR ROUND!

goingoneight
2/24/2007, 12:58 AM
What's not to like about Bob? :confused:

insuranceman_22
2/24/2007, 01:45 AM
Ah come on, Barry is the King. Bob is just the prince.....give another 10 years and a couple more MNC's..........

LittleWingSooner
2/24/2007, 01:49 AM
If we had the internet in the late 60's Barry would never have been head coach at OU.

Blues1
2/24/2007, 01:56 AM
Just being able to talk and speak our minds on Sooner Football...

Back in 50's we were just glad to get a Sunday newspaper article about the game, and when you don't live in Sooner Land many times that was just a score and 2 or 3 Lines about the game....I will say The 47 Game Win Streak did get more "out of state press" than most college teams during that era. But we hardly ever got any kind of information about spring training in those days...Keep posting right or wrong it's whole lot better than Nothing....!!!!

Keep Rockin'

AzianSooner
2/24/2007, 11:50 AM
Talking about Barry and watching Troy Aikman show recently, i wonder how Barry can attract that many of talent to play for OU.

I truly think that if there is nothing happen in the end of 80, Barry can get at least 1 more NC in the 90 before moving on to Dallas Cowboys.

Flagstaffsooner
2/24/2007, 12:01 PM
Just being able to talk and speak our minds on Sooner Football...

Back in 50's we were just glad to get a Sunday newspaper article about the game, and when you don't live in Sooner Land many times that was just a score and 2 or 3 Lines about the game....I will say The 47 Game Win Streak did get more "out of state press" than most college teams during that era. But we hardly ever got any kind of information about spring training in those days...Keep posting right or wrong it's whole lot better than Nothing....!!!!

Keep Rockin'And remember when we could only have a couple of TV games a year?