PDA

View Full Version : Dear criada,

MamaMia
2/23/2007, 11:19 AM
For two years now, I have generously been paying you more money per hour than I earn. Since I no longer have the time and energy to do everything by myself, its nice to have a maid come in once a week to help out, however, I've noticed that we have a pattern going on here thats becoming increasingly annoying to me. You only do a good job as long as I'm either babysitting you or when you can tell that I'm almost to my boiling point. For the amount of money I pay you, I shouldn't have to monitor you, nor should I have to re-do the things you failed to do properly. I will no longer put up with your bouts of laziness. :mad:

I realize its not pay day and because I happen to have a problemo, I'm sure you'll no comprende Englace, so let me put this in a way you might understand...Stop cleaning my home like you would a motel room! Start doing the job well, like I know you are capable of doing, every week, or its adios for your happy little asno.

NormanPride
2/23/2007, 11:41 AM
Start leaving INS memos around the house and they'll shape up.

TUSooner
2/23/2007, 11:49 AM
I suppose the Rolls is in the shop and the pool filter's on the fritz as well. What's next, your favorite suite in Biarritz won't be available this season?
Poor thing. :D

NOTE: This is just a part of a lame-but-still-running joke about my inability and unwillingness to relate to peoples' complaints about their maids or their swimming pools. Love & Kisses. tu

MamaMia
2/23/2007, 12:14 PM
I suppose the Rolls is in the shop and the pool filter's on the fritz as well. What's next, your favorite suite in Biarritz won't be available this season?

NOTE: This is just a part of a lame-but-still-running joke about my inability and unwillingness to relate to peoples' complaints about their maids or their swimming pools. Love & Kisses. tu
TU, its not like that at all. :D
I have a very modest bungalow style home. No Rolls Royce; just a 2001 Nissan Xterra with alot of miles on it that I take very good care of because I have to be thrifty, and my swimming pool filter is working just fine... thank you very much. :P

Okla-homey
2/23/2007, 12:15 PM
Ma,
Here's a thought. If you have a college nearby, often college students can be engaged to do housework and they are generally very appreciative and do a good job.

It's worked well for us over the years.

TUSooner
2/23/2007, 12:23 PM
TU, its not like that at all. :D
I have a very modest bungalow style home. No Rolls Royce; just a 2001 Nissan Xterra with alot of miles on it that I take very good care of because I have to be thrifty, and my swimming pool filter is working just fine... thank you very much. :P

a pool AND a maid ?! sheesh.....
Why won't you rich people just ADMIT IT !!!
;)

Mjcpr
2/23/2007, 12:30 PM

This from a high fallutin' lawyer!!

:D

IB4OU2
2/23/2007, 12:35 PM
I think the pool boys been naughty too...

royalfan5
2/23/2007, 12:43 PM
It's seems to me that learning to live in squalor would be much cheaper and less irritating.

mdklatt
2/23/2007, 01:23 PM
It's seems to me that learning to live in squalor would be much cheaper and less irritating.

It works for me.

TUSooner
2/23/2007, 01:50 PM
This from a high fallutin' lawyer!!

:D

I'm jus' a pore ol gub'ment drudge, without no swimmin pool or maid to call my own. My money goes for expensive wimmin (my wife and 2 daughters). :rolleyes: :D

Hamhock
2/23/2007, 02:02 PM
Ma,
Here's a thought. If you have a college nearby, often college students can be engaged to do housework and they are generally very appreciative and do a good job.

yea, you wouldn't believe the cool stuff i stole while "cleaning" someone's house when i was in college.

MamaMia
2/23/2007, 03:20 PM
I'm surrounded by incompetence. Its not just the maid. In one week I have had to deal with an over priced lazy *** plumber, a lying crooked electrician, and a wood floor re-finisher who must of thought I just fell off the turnip truck. :rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
2/23/2007, 03:22 PM
Is she legal? If so, tell you'll hire someone else...

If'n she's not. Just leave the CBP/ICE number by the phone and near some furniture...

SoonerGirl06
2/23/2007, 03:27 PM
Good help is so hard to find these days.... :)

MamaMia
2/23/2007, 03:27 PM
Is she legal? If so, tell you'll hire someone else...

If'n she's not. Just leave the CBP/ICE number by the phone and near some furniture...I dont know about her, but her baby is legal. She first came to the United States from Mexico when she was 8 1/2 months pregnant to visit her brother and sister in law. Her baby was born in the hospital here.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/23/2007, 03:29 PM
I sent the same note to my housekeeper. Of course, since she also happens to be my wife it led more to internal bleeding than results.

NormanPride
2/23/2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, right. To visit someone. Sure.

Ike
2/23/2007, 03:32 PM
Ma,

I'm not surprised. My wife used clean for others from time to time to earn some extra cash. She'd hardly want it as a full time job, but doing a house a week or so was something she actually found to be a little fun...

Making a practice of hiring college students might be a pretty good idea...

MamaMia
2/23/2007, 03:45 PM
Hiring a college student would be worth a try, but we don't have a college near here.

I just paid for a brand new chrome sink sprayer and hose. The sprayer cost me a pretty penny, and the labor was more than the sprayer. Well, today the base that came with the old sprayer broke. I called the plumbing supply store where the plumber got my sprayer to see if they might have a base that would go with my new sprayer. The guy there tells me that they don't sell bases without sprayers, nor do they sell sprayers without bases. So now I'm wondering what happened to my base? :confused:

SoonerBorn68
2/23/2007, 04:13 PM
So now I'm wondering what happened to my base? :confused:

All your base is belong to us. :D

Petro-Sooner
2/23/2007, 04:23 PM
She first came to the United States from Mexico when she was 8 1/2 months pregnant to visit her brother and sister in law. Her baby was born in the hospital here.

Sounds like she came to America knowing that kid of hers would be legal once actually born on American soil. I would bet she didnt pay a dime to have that kid here. :mad:

StoopTroup
2/23/2007, 04:43 PM
I wish my Parent's would have fled to another country to give birth to me.

Dual Citizenship would be cool.

MamaMia
2/23/2007, 05:01 PM
All your base is belong to us. :D
:D You are totally hilarious. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
~sigh~...Okay, I feel better now. :P

soonerboomer93
2/23/2007, 07:56 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with my maid. She won't wash the towels from the masterbath unless I put them on the floor, but always washes the hand towels from the kitchen and the main bathroom. She did suprise me because they changed her day to come from Friday to Thursday without telling me. Normally I would put away certain clothes that I'd prefer her not to wash (tags in english, her being korean), but she did a good job with them. She also dried the sheets for my bed, normally she hangs them up to dry. But those I had to put in the washer in the morning for her to do...

MamaMia
2/23/2007, 10:25 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with my maid. She won't wash the towels from the masterbath unless I put them on the floor, but always washes the hand towels from the kitchen and the main bathroom. She did suprise me because they changed her day to come from Friday to Thursday without telling me. Normally I would put away certain clothes that I'd prefer her not to wash (tags in english, her being korean), but she did a good job with them. She also dried the sheets for my bed, normally she hangs them up to dry. But those I had to put in the washer in the morning for her to do...
How long have you had your maid? I've had 3 maids over the years who damage things. I guess its because they get in a hurry, wish makes no sense to me since I pay them by the hour.

soonerboomer93
2/23/2007, 10:35 PM
Honestly, I've never even met my maid. For all I know it couple be a couple different people coming. It's provided as part of the housing for the job i'm on.

BajaOklahoma
2/23/2007, 11:02 PM
my swimming pool filter is working just fine... thank you very much. :P

No phones in the pool lately, eh? :D

MamaMia
2/24/2007, 12:20 AM
No phones in the pool lately, eh? :D
:D No, however I did slightly entertain the idea of killing my husbands cell phone with the meat tenderizer one day. Years of hearing that mans cell phone ring after I dial his number, accompanied by a surge of hot flashes is a not so good combination.

Okla-homey
2/24/2007, 08:13 AM
Hiring a college student would be worth a try, but we don't have a college near here.

Then you might be aboe to find a HS junior or senior who is willing to give it a go. Amazingly, some HS girls will do for money what they won't do for their mama's -- and do a good job too.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/25/2007, 10:23 AM
I dont know about her, but her baby is legal. She first came to the United States from Mexico when she was 8 1/2 months pregnant to visit her brother and sister in law. Her baby was born in the hospital here.

Ummm, anchor babies!!! That is one thing we need to end. It may have been a good idea years ago, not so much now.

BajaOklahoma
2/25/2007, 10:46 AM
:D No, however I did slightly entertain the idea of killing my husbands cell phone with the meat tenderizer one day. Years of hearing that mans cell phone ring after I dial his number, accompanied by a surge of hot flashes is a not so good combination.

It's a guy thing. My husband turns it off when he gets home, often forgetting to turn it back on when he leaves in the morning. :mad:
There have been a few times it cost him a nice dinner with friends, so he is getting better about it.

Okla-homey
2/25/2007, 12:10 PM
Ummm, anchor babies!!! That is one thing we need to end. It may have been a good idea years ago, not so much now.

Aye. I'll grant you its problematic, but trying sort out who is an "anchor baby" and who isn't...well, let's just say we as nation aren't up to the herculean political task of amending the Constitution to sort that out. Trust me.

BajaOklahoma
2/25/2007, 12:18 PM
Especially if they give the vote to non-citizens.

OklahomaTuba
2/25/2007, 12:19 PM
Our cleaning lady does a pretty decent job most of the time. We have her come clean about once a week, so it keeps the house pretty clean.